test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Feedback] Suggestions What to Add/Change in the Foundry.

Comments

• sourcreamkingsourcreamking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Pretty sure this has been said before, but I would like the ability to "undress" NPC's when I customize them. It's very hard to use pre-clothed characters when everything you try to put on them ends up beneath what they are already wearing... In addition to that you can't change the color on their outfits.

Also, please add ability to add/customize facial hair. It looks weird if I start with a pre-fab NPC with red hair/beard and I change his hair color to black... Would be nice to be able to change color on beards as well!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The entire campaign can be found here: NWS-DQS27OINC

Individual quests:
    1. Heeding the Call - NW-DMJCDZ5XJ
    2. Bored of the Rings - NW-DFWE3XR6W
    3. Draconian Ways - NW-DUNZEJG2J
    4. When All is Said and Done... - Look at the picture ;)
  • souleshasoulesha Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Some things I'd like to see:

1) The ability to change facial hair on models.

-- If you can add Tiefling horns to everyone, you should be able to add facial hair.

2) More music options!!
    -- Currently, everything is so epic/foreboding. Where's the soft strings for tender scenes, the upbeat fun tracks for comic relief? etc, etc.

3) Attackable objects (or invisible attackables)!!
    -- In Ebon Downs, there was this quest about Barrow Lords. You had to go into their caves, kill them, and destroy these floating crystals. The crystals didn't do anything but float, but you could attack them. We could use something like that in the foundry. These could be set objects... or work like the invisible clicky. You could essentially set an invisible attackable anywhere, and when you hovered your mouse over it, you could attack it. You should be able to adjust how much HP the object has.

-- This would be really neat for environmental changes. You could literally "break" down a door! Put an invisible attackable on it, and have the door vanish when the attackable was destroyed. And so on.
  • mezrellamezrella Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Something I would like to see and I think the community would agree is more textures.

While I understand why we cant have our own imported textures (silly people with "<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>") the option to re-skin items with existing textures would be great. At very least the ability to change the color via a slid bar or color picker would work wonders. The problem becomes that everything looks the same. If I want to make a dark murky swamp, and I add lillypads they are BRIGHT green. It really takes away from the "feel". With the ability to "tone them down a bit", making them a bit darker, they would fit into my world a bit better and wouldn't stand out like a swore thumb.
    The Second Coming
    Act 1: A Family Affair - NW-DH7J6B8V2
    Act 2.1 and Act 2.2 Coming soon!
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mezrella wrote: »
    If I want to make a dark murky swamp, and I add lillypads they are BRIGHT green. It really takes away from the "feel". With the ability to "tone them down a bit", making them a bit darker, they would fit into my world a bit better and wouldn't stand out like a swore thumb.

Maybe put an fx-fade to black over them?
  • jaggeropthjaggeropth Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Increase the item limit from 15 to 25 or even 100. There's a sort option but all the items fit on the screen. No reason to sort them unless there's a lot of them.
    If a tree falls in a virtual forest, how big is the sound file?
    Please review my "Finger of God" campaign: NWS-DPJMGYJGV
    Quest #1: NW-DS24FX4BC - Cragsford
    Quest #2: NW-DTPUNXUAB - Mine's Mine
    Quest #3: NW-DIPZQ7CMS - Are We There Yeti?
    Quest #4: NW-DSCFDT5WS - Finger of God
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    • Bag of Random Items
    A bag interactable that we can place 1-to-n "created items" into that when the PC interacts with it drops one of the items at random and is consumed (the bag). This would allow us to make much more replayable content -- we could enable/disable different traps, doors, npcs, spawns, etc.
  • fallensbanefallensbane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I would like to see the option to ADVANCE quest objectives with a keystroke in 3d edit mode (I dont believe you can do this atm can you?). Many times I load into a map and forget to choose 'play from here' and its annoying reloading and waiting again to do so. Plus if you reset a map after fixing something you need to go into foundry again and play from.. again.
  • sourcreamkingsourcreamking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I would like to see Campaigns only steal 1 Quest slot, regardless of how many quests you put in the Campaign. (Max 10 perhaps?)
    I would also like if Foundry Ranks gave you extra Quest slots and not just titles. This way people who have made quests that the community appreciate will be rewarded with extra quest slots. (3-5 per Rank?)

So much I wanna make, so little space to make it...

A lot more i hope will get added in the future, but I never think to write down my ideas when I get them - so when I'm finally posting here my brain is blank. The hazard of getting old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The entire campaign can be found here: NWS-DQS27OINC

Individual quests:
    1. Heeding the Call - NW-DMJCDZ5XJ
    2. Bored of the Rings - NW-DFWE3XR6W
    3. Draconian Ways - NW-DUNZEJG2J
    4. When All is Said and Done... - Look at the picture ;)
  • ovaltine74ovaltine74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Allow to place objects on different layers or to lock objects so they cannot be manipulated in the 3D editor. This would be especially useful when trying to select objects in 3D mode while standing on an elevated platform object. I have lost count how many times I have fallen through objects because I accidently highlighted what I was standing on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMIME87F5
    Awaiting a serious response from the developers on the abuse of the review system by other authors.

Video Preview
  • diorieldioriel Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just ran into this tonight. Add a check box to "silence" humanoid enemies in combat. For example, I want to have a spider that shoots fireballs...so I use the ashmadai Hellfire warlock encounter with the spitting spider costume. Except my nice little fireball-spitting spiders yell "Hellfire consume you!" whenever they enter combat. :p

Right now I have to get around it by a tongue-in-cheek dialogue option, but it would be nice if I could disable that voiceover.
    Leader of Conviction: find me in game if you're looking for a friendly guild!

Looking for reviews (will trade)!
    Arachnophobia
    Code: NW-DMRQYIZQT
    For all the spider-haters out there :p
  • saidencloudsaidencloud Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can we get some elven buildings and houses in here? I'd really like to write up an elven foundry, we all like the drow, but we really need some elven buildings and artifacts and The such. I know Sharandar is coming, but Sharandar is mostly elven ruins, there probably won't be much that's not some kind of warped or ruined building in it when you come out with its foundry content. I'd really like access to a more "modern" elven building set. When I say modern, I mean as in current forgotten relms time period. They still have beautiful cities and villages. Can we get this kind of content or expect any from feywild?
    <SHADRA> Guild House currently open: NW-DBSTUHWLT
  • raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Reposting, as per apoc's suggestion:
    1. Objects should lose collision on select, not on mouseover.
    2. Mouseover should provide a tooltip somewhere that shows you the name of the object you've got selected.
    3. Selecting an object should display the properties window from the 2D UI.
    4. Objects should be flaggable as "locked" so they can't be edited by accident.
    5. Objects should be selectable in cursor mode, so we don't have to always have them in the center of the screen to select them.
    6. Duplicate object option (that preserves the object's current alignment/rotation - in that copy/paste doesn't)
    7. Invisible objects should have some kind of physical display when selected, as well as the (sometimes confusing) wireframe.
    8. When adjusting position of the character (if you're moving the object too far to do it in one shot), you should not lose which object you had selected (or a comand to 'Select previously selected object')
    9. Allow positioning of moveable doors and NPCs. (NPCs isn't as big an issue, because writing down the /loc of your author char can overcome that problem. However, you can't place doors that way)
    10. Ability to toggle the wireframe on and off when moving (wireframe can get in the way for pixel-perfect asset positioning)
    11. Ability to zoom in when moving an object - Again necessary for pixel-perfect asset positioning.

Also, can't #44 on the list in the OP already be done via "Component complete" ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1. Objects should lose collision on select, not on mouseover.
    2. Mouseover should provide a tooltip somewhere that shows you the name of the object you've got selected.
    3. Selecting an object should display the properties window from the 2D UI.
    4. Objects should be flaggable as "locked" so they can't be edited by accident.
    5. Objects should be selectable in cursor mode, so we don't have to always have them in the center of the screen to select them.
    6. Duplicate object option (that preserves the object's current alignment/rotation - in that copy/paste doesn't)
    7. Invisible objects should have some kind of physical display when selected, as well as the (sometimes confusing) wireframe.
    8. When adjusting position of the character (if you're moving the object too far to do it in one shot), you should not lose which object you had selected (or a comand to 'Select previously selected object')
    9. Allow positioning of moveable doors and NPCs. (NPCs isn't as big an issue, because writing down the /loc of your author char can overcome that problem. However, you can't place doors that way)
    10. Ability to toggle the wireframe on and off when moving (wireframe can get in the way for pixel-perfect asset positioning)
    11. Ability to zoom in when moving an object - Again necessary for pixel-perfect asset positioning.

Agree on 100% everything in that list. The Preview editing mode is extremely weak. And worst of all is the wait time when reloading collision detection, as it seems the servers are fine one minute then overworked and not responding the next. We really need a better Preview editing system, as it's extremely painful in its current state.

Or even better yet, give us a real non-live editor like any other commercial game engine software has instead of this 2D excuse for an editor.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Would be really nice if you guys could add even a basic level of stability, and performance optimisation.

I noticed the last few patches removed certain "effects" as well.

No matter how I place and / or trigger Lave Geyser, Smoke, Energy Pillar they simply don't show up or "work". Certainly not in the Foundry, and for the ones I have used so far to hist "publish" with them they don't work live any more either.

We desperately need a "Fly" or "No Clip" option that still allows us to interact with the components we need to interact with. The ridiculous fixed Point Of View at the Author we have makes it incredibly difficult and very time consuming to work on anything really high up or really low down, this needs to change.

A selection of larger "lava flows" would be nice, in similar sizes to the various water plains, and please, please, please make sure the edges of the lava flows have uniform Y positions, getting them to fit together without leaving "gaps" is very frustrating.

Variable Y position on the "death plane" so we can fill valley with lava and have the death plane just below the surface of the lava.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • yark013yark013 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I could use some help, I recently tried to publish a quest but it failed and I cant tell why. could anyone tell me where to look for this info?
  • davinnahdavinnah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would love some wolf and bear encounters.
  • pwferretpwferret Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xworndownx wrote: »
    Though, would LOVE the option to make my map Private or Public. Some maps I just make for myself which I don't care for other people being in.

Another reasoning for a Private/Public setting is so we can make our maps private. Publish them and test them with our live characters before opening them up to Public. Private could also allow the owner to invite specific people to join them as a group for testing as well.

I really would like this. Could be password controlled too. Public = no PW; Private = need PW. Would allow post-publishing cleaning up of warts that occur because the playtest mode does not show cleaned-up version.
  • eviledickeviledick Member Posts: 39
    edited June 2013
    Ability to toggle visibility of tabbard/apron section of player armours in costume designer and set its colour. At the moment once you display an armour with a tabbard section, your costume is permanently stuck with a tabbard, even if you pick a costume that has none. Also tabbards do not re-colour with the rest of armour.

Abilities to add text npc chat when idle, alerted and death cries.

For instance you come upon a group of orcs around a campfire, you can see chat or speech bubbles which give you hints about the quest. As you attack the orcs, they shout different battle cries, when one of them dies, he shouts "you'll never take me alive!"
    Bug Powder Dust: Chapter 1, 15 mins of Cleric friendly hack and slash, with a nod to Pratchett and G Naylor:- NW-DKHPBAVBO
  • pris23pris23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I would like to be able to determine a radius for sound nodes. I noticed that you can do this for place markers so why not sound nodes. Sometimes I don't want the same noise in two rooms at once, but the sound node is so big it is almost impossible to work around it. :)
    The Secret to Paradise: NWS-DCV313OOC FOUNDRY DAILY
    Part 1 - Paradise Lost? NW-DDMMIKYTB
    Part 2 - Into the Mist NW-DIJXRI4NT
    Part 3 - Wind of The North NW-DFB9K8KWH

Leave feedback for The Secret to Paradise
  • vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We really need to be able to modify the size and shape of the area objective markers. Specially for reach point objectives becausethe comlpete trigger is in the middle of it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You... CAN change the size of reach triggers. Select it, change radius.

Shape would be nice, though.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    You... CAN change the size of reach triggers. Select it, change radius.

Shape would be nice, though.
    Yea, that's the problem. I can change the size of reach triggers but not the size of what he players see in the map (area marker). So, if I reduce the size of the reach point the objective will not be completed when they player enters into the objective area marker, becase that one cannot be modified. :p

I'll put an example:
    In my quest you have to hide behind a rock to protect yourself from an explosion; the quest is completed when you hide behind because I reduced the reach marker; but SOME that are not familiarized with the foundry, have a hard time to figure out that they have to go the rock which is at the center of the objective area marker to complete the quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
  • cloudlickercloudlicker Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    a way to have two stairs on a map that would let one go to same levels, but on different sides of the map.
  • neverwinter1776neverwinter1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Save maps locally to be used in ANY quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovaltine74ovaltine74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Long and complex quests need their own catalog list.

My reasoning.

I could make a short quest using all premade maps and a simple story with very little dialogue. A simple hack and slash quest. It would only take me a few hours to do. It gets the same amount of time listed as a quest that has complex dialogue, custom maps, and takes weeks to make.

My quest went unlisted last week, and I can only assume this occurred so that newer quests could be listed in its place. Having played many of the listed quests, I can tell that they took very little time to create. The time investment I am putting forth verses the amount of time my quests are listed in the catalog is not an encouraging comparison.

I ask that longer, more complex quests have a separate list. They should not have to compete for space on a list with quests that are very simple and take only hours to create. Please consider this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMIME87F5
    Awaiting a serious response from the developers on the abuse of the review system by other authors.

Video Preview
  • tripstitchytripstitchy Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    One of the coolest things I can imagine being added to the foundry is the ability to make variables that can be brought from one quest to the next within a single campaign. I know it would be a bit of a pain to implement, but I would absolutely love to be able to take an option you made in the first quest have consequences on the next, or even several quests later in the campaign.
  • diorieldioriel Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would love for there to be a way to collaborate on campaigns/quests. I understand there are issues with the tipping and achievements, etc, but as someone who doesn't have much of a visually creative bone in her body, being able to write quest content while someone else designs the levels and environments would absolutely thrill me and make me much more inclined to make more foundry missions.

I don't have a problem using premade caves and houses, etc, but some of the best missions have these amazing custom maps that I would die to be able to make...but i really am not talented in that way. Conversely, I'm sure there are map makers out there who hate writing or aren't as good at it...
    Leader of Conviction: find me in game if you're looking for a friendly guild!

Looking for reviews (will trade)!
    Arachnophobia
    Code: NW-DMRQYIZQT
    For all the spider-haters out there :p
  • drnoesisdrnoesis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dioriel wrote: »
    I would love for there to be a way to collaborate on campaigns/quests. I understand there are issues with the tipping and achievements, etc, but as someone who doesn't have much of a visually creative bone in her body, being able to write quest content while someone else designs the levels and environments would absolutely thrill me and make me much more inclined to make more foundry missions.

I don't have a problem using premade caves and houses, etc, but some of the best missions have these amazing custom maps that I would die to be able to make...but i really am not talented in that way. Conversely, I'm sure there are map makers out there who hate writing or aren't as good at it...

I was just thinking the exact same thing. It'd also help out when you're looking for assistance scripting a specific sequence of events, or setting up a trigger or something. There are some players that have come up with some incredibly inventive means of getting around the limitations of the toolset, it'd be fantastic to be able to invite them in to a module you're working on so that they can give you a hand if needed.
    I'm sure you could build in a slider payout system on the q so that any author who has accessed the map prior to publishing can be assigned a percentage of the tips and/or credited in the authors list for that particular quest.

I'd also like to add my +1 for adding extra quest/campaign slots or to implement a method of gaining more. I only realised these limits were there last night, and to be honest, I've got about 20 different quests either on paper for translation into Neverwinter, or in my head queued for development already :(
    ow1b.png
  • drnoesisdrnoesis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Could I suggest also

#48 Dialogs Force Map Transition on exit - Allow players to trigger a map transition at the end of a run of dialogue.
    ow1b.png
  • hawthornberryhawthornberry Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It would be nice to have the web interface at http://gateway.playneverwinter.com/ able to show Foundry quests and their basic description, stats, and reviews, basically what the job board shows. Both so I could check on the status of my quest's quest to get more reviews when I can't log into the game, and so we could post a link to the quest that might help make people more interested in playing it.