test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

one thing that truly makes pvp p2w

Comments

• kromzorkromzor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    turqoisez wrote: »
    i find it funny how most people start complaining about the millions of AD you're gonna need to transfer to zen, but have absolutely no clue how easy it is atm to make AD in this game.I bet not even half of the people in this topic have reached 60 yet or havent done any epic dungeons whatsoever because if you did, you would know that pretty much 1 epic item (wich drops pretty much every run) can sell from a 100k AD to pretty much 300-500k AD *depending on wich server you're playing on*.

So stop complaining get you're *** to lvl 60 or start doing epic dungeons and farm that ad.

p.s and i havent even mentioned the prices on the enchants you can find in the dungeons those make a ****load of ad aswell.

problem solved im out

Because some people started the game with 500,000 or 2,000,000 AD with their founders packs.

You've got to be a complete idiot to not understand how something like that will horribly inflate the game's market during the first month. So good for you, you probably abused Foundry, got to 60, and sold some loot to somebody who dropped money on a Founder's pack. Grats. But thats not how the game will play out for 90-95% of players.

2mil AD is probably what a full time player would expect to get in a year.
  • iamamul3iamamul3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kromzor wrote: »
    Because some people started the game with 500,000 or 2,000,000 AD with their founders packs.

You've got to be a complete idiot to not understand how something like that will horribly inflate the game's market during the first month. So good for you, you probably abused Foundry, got to 60, and sold some loot to somebody who dropped money on a Founder's pack. Grats. But thats not how the game will play out for 90-95% of players.

2mil AD is probably what a full time player would expect to get in a year.

really? are we talking about the same game????? 2hrs/day worth of dailies will get you that in 80 days... if you do not sell any of the loot. i can see an argument for p2win if the auction house didn't exist.
  • pennstateitpennstateit Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    PW needs to respond to this thread and set things straight otherwise this will spread like a weed. Enchantments like that are Way OP especially if they can stack, and 1% chance of success without wards??? wtf???
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1.u cant use pets in pvp
    2.u cant use z store pots in pvp
    3.enchants are not so useful
    4.110% mounst are easy to farm for ad
    only op thing atm is vorpal enchant it gives 38% crtic damage,rest of enchants are not to good or there is not big gap
    edited May 2013
    pois0nman wrote: »
    Tera was like this as well with their enchanting system. I hate P2W so much!

no way u can have last lvl enchanted gear in tera easy as u can get gems here,and yeah tera use worst of all things pasive power on gear +extra stats ,and u have huge fail rate ,
  • zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    warpet wrote: »
    3.enchants are not so useful

LOL! Greater Plague says HELLO ignorant fool!
    edited May 2013
    zzzzzdank wrote: »
    LOL! Greater Plague says HELLO ignorant fool!

lool so big use of it ...why would anyone use that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>? they should put it instead of vorpal which give 38%crtic damage?
  • widowmakirwidowmakir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game is P2W. The mere fact that you can spend money to gain an advantage over other players is P2W. But this... It essentially means that if you want the best enchants and runestones you HAVE to pay unless you want to farm for months.
    Look at it this way , this is a game that takes time in RL to play. Some people have no responsibilities and can spend 4 -6 hrs a day playing, or all day on weekends. So they have the ability to farm for the items, dungeon grind. Others have to actually work for 8 to 12hrs a day to support those who have the ability to grind for that period of time.

Basic formula is Time=Money

So while you are complaining some of us spend a little money to gain an advantage, just think of us complaining of all the time you have to get all that good equipment while we have to work to feed and support you.

I for 1 am glad that this game has the ability to put me on equal footing as someone who has the time to grind. I love to play the MMO's but I have a family to support as well.
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with a f2p game being p2w, which equals grind to win. You complainers are lazy and i'm sure you'd rather use exploits to achieve things than actually working for it. Besides, the ones actually buying zen for NW are the ones who keep this game up and running in the future, even if you've bought every single founder pack, that money is used up in no time.
    Fully Agree.
  • sinistersixfacessinistersixfaces Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think you guys are simple and still do not understand how to acquire items in the game. Please learn to play before crying in forums. THANKS!
  • valkadeshvalkadesh Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Looking at the people defending the situation and making sweeping generalizations and the usual ignorant dead horse arguments of "you're just cheap/lazy/cry moar do you pay for food/stop being poor lol" etc etc puts a pretty good peg on the type of community this game seems to have, which I guess makes sense as most sensible people are not going to put up with this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and leave. The amount of abuse you're willing to accept let alone defend is absurd. Seriously, you all sound like children or generally terrible human beings.
  • nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    valkadesh wrote: »
    Looking at the people defending the situation and making sweeping generalizations and the usual ignorant dead horse arguments of "you're just cheap/lazy/cry moar do you pay for food/stop being poor lol" etc etc puts a pretty good peg on the type of community this game seems to have, which I guess makes sense as most sensible people are not going to put up with this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and leave. The amount of abuse you're willing to accept let alone defend is absurd. Seriously, you all sound like children or generally terrible human beings.

This sort of post seems to warrant the most sophisticated of responses known to any and all mmo communities....

UMADBRO?! :rolleyes:

ps TL;DR the entire thread, but the teeming rage oozing out of the quoted post felt it deserved such a intelligent response.
  • pregnablepregnable Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Players are given the option to add additional stats/effects to their equipment in Neverwinter. These come in the forms of Runestones (pets) and Enchantments (Armor/Weapon). For pets, the Runestones are split into Offense and Defense. For Enchantments, they are split into Offense, Utility, and Defense. A single Runestone/Enchantment provides different bonuses depending on which slot there are equipped to. These also have ranks and start from 1 and ends at 9. Four of the same kind may also fuse to move up a tier. The chance of success starts at 95% at rank 1 and 10% at rank 8. You will lose a single Runestone/Enchantment upon failure.
    There are two ways to circumvent failure: Preservation Ward and Coalescent Ward. Preservation Wards cost 10 cents each and prevent the loss of materials upon failure. They are also only consumed upon failure. Coalescent Wards cost 10 dollars and guarantees success of fusion. Both these wards may also be obtained on a weekly basis through Celestial Coins (the latter being rarer). Now you may be wondering why there's a huge discrepancy between the two Wards. I was wondering for a while too until I stepped my foot into endgame and found out there was an entirely different type of Enchantments: The Armor/Weapon Enchantments.
    Armor/Weapon Enchantments are for specific slots in your weapon/chest and grant special effects. They come in shards and have a chance to drop from Epic Dungeon bosses. You must combine 4 shards to create a Lesser version of the Enchantment. However, the success chance of fusion is at a staggeringly low 1%. To compensate, they have very strong effects. An example would be the Thunderhead Enchantment. However, the real kicker here is that these "Lesser" versions may be fused again to gain a stronger version. Those may also be fused again to create the strongest version. Ultimately, the Greater Thunderhead Enchantment will have a 30% on crit to damage and stun foes. To create the strongest Enchantment possible, it will cost 160 dollars and 64 shards. Unlike companions, these can be used in PvP.

Note: I did not write this text and would give credit if I didn't think it was agianst the rule about advertising.
    Also considering the amount of time to farm 160 dollars worth of zen/wards via celestial coins we are talking a long long time far to long for it to not be considered p2w. I don't suggested to remove any of these enchantments just restrict in some way while pvping. I like pvp in this game and would rather this not be a dealbreaker /=

TL;DR

Look, cryptyc can not respond to each email or always give the amount of Zen you ordered. Do you expect your food to be right 100% of the time? No, of course not, because humans are not perfect terminators that do stuff perfect for you.

I find this type to be the worst of entitlement and what is ruining the world that is not wise to other cultures.

Cryptic is not your slaves! They are a BUSINESS! and need make money.

Now they have already addressed this issue. When you send in a support ticket, then after a while, if they have not read it, they auto canceled it so you can try it again. Wut about this does not your brain understands!?@! It makes perfect sense to everyone who can read about it so no one should have fault wiht it!

They are just saving your ticket from getting lost by letting you know they canceled it without doing anything so you can try again because THEY ARE HUMAN and not robots that can read everything in the world if that is okay with you john conner.

I am sorry if I come off as a big bad man to you, but I am just tired of seeing posts that bash a good company with a good game that plays good and has good money systems. So now that I let you know you are probably okay with it now.

Cryptic do not have listen to the haters because they are jeaouls!

This game going to be around for 100 years!

Neverwinter rewls!
  • budrik1budrik1 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just dinged 60 last week, and I gotta say...
    To create the strongest Enchantment possible, it will cost 160 dollars and 64 shards. Unlike companions, these can be used in PvP.

160 USD for one enchant?
    Granted, I'm not willing to shed a single penny for anything I can't eat or drink or have sex with, let's assume that I am.
    160 ******* dollars for one enchant is just BEYOND <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. While from one perspective I find the fact that these are obtainable through PvE great, giving people a reason to play through dungeons casually and hope for the best, I can't help but want to punch a shark in the face over the fact that they are usable in PvP.

Gentlemen... what the ****?
    "Pugs are like Saturday Night Live Sketches.
    Most of em' are awful, some of em are decent, and a few are pretty good."
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So the discussion is that a game you don't have to pay for allows you to get the same gear that you would otherwise pay for, but not fast enough for some people to consider it 'free'?

I'm sort of in the middle, I got the founder pack and therefor payed for some decent perks. I don't think it's given me an unfair advantage, it just meant I could be a bit more lazy about it.

If the problem is with any OPness of these runes, that's a totally different situation than stating this F2P game is P2Win.
  • gamerman121gamerman121 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    100% of made up numbers are made up. 160 dollars is an incredible exaggeration. I've a run a couple of characters up to 60 now and you seem to have on average around 40 ish gold and 300k AD. Not to mention causally playing pvp will net you lots of glory as you level. With those currencies I've had no trouble buying the enchants that I wanted. Also, there is always someone yelling in chat selling wards. They want to sell them out right for gold or they will trade any number of ingame things for them. You could by a some pvp gear and trade of the pieces for gold and buy the wards or enchants you need too. What the OP is doing is heavily exaggerating the situation. You mean you hit 60 and couldn't by a greater plague fire enchant and 5 greater tenberous enchants ? I feel so bad for you.
  • maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wanted to drop by to say to all those under 60 to stop worrying about nothing. There are only 2 purple slots in your gear and that's in the weapons and chests pieces. You can farm ad by running dungeons selling gear and pvping (buy items with glory sell on ah)

Also, I am 24 years old work mon to Friday wake up 5:30 and get back home 5 or 6 depending on traffic and usually have 3 hours game time during weekdays and I still manage to get zen with ad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kroandarkroandar Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm going to play devil's advocate here... The enchantments are available in game for those who do not spend money as well. You have both ends of the spectrum here: In a non F2P game, the players who play the most would have the distinct advantage over those who don't have as much time to play (think back to your stereotypical MMO's). In the case of Neverwinter, both demographic of players have the option to pursue these enchants: either via time while playing in game, or by money.

The only players that are truly hurt by this concept are players who don't play all that often, who aren't able/choose not to spend money on the game. Although even these players, if they choose to they can eventually save up for these enchants simply by playing the game over time. Other MMO's like Guild Wars 2 have "solved" this dilemma by making gear easy to get, but adding Visual Appearances as the form of progression in the game. IN this game, whether we like it or not, gear is the primary mode of progression.

Now back to the topic at hand, the argument that these enchants are overpowered in a PvP setting I would agree with, but contrary to the argument of the OP, I would not agree that it strictly is referenced to Pay 2 Win.
    18.jpg
  • th0rfinnth0rfinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    HAHAHA!

Lel'n on those kids with daddy's credit card who says "This game isn't pay2win it's pay for convinience"... The convinience of saving 3 months of grind in just a couple of days are you fukn kidding me? That's not pay2win? And don't get started with this whole "Play the game getting AD is so easy". I actually do and i have earned millions of AD selling T2 set items and castle never drops and no matter what fanboys says it doesn't change the fact that you have to use other people's money to get a chance of upgrading a weapon/armor enchantment.

Like what kind of beta is this where areas these enchantments are only available in the endgame and there's like a whole bunch of versions of enchantment in which to upgrade one to a lesser version you need to spend either a week, 10 dolars or fall into the gambler's fallacy and see if you can get 1/100 or even 1/1000 if you're an unlucky "nub".

People ain't got time for this, it's only attraction is the D&D name but the game will die soon along with alot of us.
  • monkjaynmonkjayn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    or ... you could just sell stuff you loot ingame and then buy the stones with AD form the AH, they really arent expensive or hard to aquire, if of course your a half way decent player capable of running endgame content, and frankly, you syhoudlnt be slotting these in anything BUT endgame content, also - greater isnt the top lvl, perfect is :P

laters

Monk
    edited June 2013
    th0rfinn wrote: »
    HAHAHA!

Lel'n on those kids with daddy's credit card who says "This game isn't pay2win it's pay for convinience"... The convinience of saving 3 months of grind in just a couple of days are you fukn kidding me? That's not pay2win? And don't get started with this whole "Play the game getting AD is so easy". I actually do and i have earned millions of AD selling T2 set items and castle never drops and no matter what fanboys says it doesn't change the fact that you have to use other people's money to get a chance of upgrading a weapon/armor enchantment.

Like what kind of beta is this where areas these enchantments are only available in the endgame and there's like a whole bunch of versions of enchantment in which to upgrade one to a lesser version you need to spend either a week, 10 dolars or fall into the gambler's fallacy and see if you can get 1/100 or even 1/1000 if you're an unlucky "nub".

People ain't got time for this, it's only attraction is the D&D name but the game will die soon along with alot of us.

So you've earned millions of AD and have run numerous dungeons. So the fact that you're unable to achieve a greater weapon or armor achievement is due to your ignorance, rather then cost restrictions. Depending on the shard the prices are pretty cheap and coalescent wards run from 100-130k'ish AD on AH. Not to mention all the other means of happening upon them. The only weapon enchantments honestly worth getting for maximizing dps are plague fire or vorpol and the most effective armor enchantment being soulforge.

Lets take the soulforge as an example. Current price for a shard of soulforge ranges from 10-30k. So lets go middle ground. Keep in mind these are prices when I looked at the market a bit ago and are most likely changed.

4 soulforge (@15k) 60k + coalescent ward 130k = lesser soulforge enchantment 190k.
    4 lesser soulforge enchantment 760k + ward 130k = soulforge enchantment 890k.
    4 soulforge enchantment 3.56mil + ward 130k = greater soulforge enchantment 3.69mil.

So lets say 4 million'ish AD for a greater soulforge enchantment. Others are even less costly while vorpol being in high demand is probably going to be the more expensive. Plague fire skips the 1st stage of fusing. Some of the greater enchantments get put up on AH for around current costs to make it when buying the mats.

So if you have in fact made millions of AD and doing numerous dungeons then you could in fact gain these "pay2win" items without paying, easily if you stopped crying for a couple minutes and worked towards the item you want.

Moral of the wall of text. umadcuzustupidbrah
  • traciatim1traciatim1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited June 2013
    I guess chainsaws arnt P2W at cutting trees down, when your hatchet can still technically, EVENTUALLY, chop down a great cedar tree. Wow when you look at it that way, theirs no such thing as p2w in any game \o/

This is waht the game marketing departments want everyone to think, and why you see peopel all over the boards in any pay2win game saying "You can earn things, it's not pay2win". Pay2Win = pay money and get any advantage in game. Essentially, if it's not a funny hat or a mount skin it's a pay2win game.
    edited June 2013
    traciatim1 wrote: »
    This is waht the game marketing departments want everyone to think, and why you see peopel all over the boards in any pay2win game saying "You can earn things, it's not pay2win". Pay2Win = pay money and get any advantage in game. Essentially, if it's not a funny hat or a mount skin it's a pay2win game.

You guys could always stop paying your monthly subscription and ask for your money back for the game you bought, yes? Although continuing to complain about other people having stuff you want because they've either paid and supported the game or spent the time to get it, sounds like a much better course of action. Continue on... qq
  • traciatim1traciatim1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited June 2013
    nukeyoo wrote: »
    You guys could always stop paying your monthly subscription and ask for your money back for the game you bought, yes? Although continuing to complain about other people having stuff you want because they've either paid and supported the game or spent the time to get it, sounds like a much better course of action. Continue on... qq

Typical pay2win defender response. Maybe if you swipe your credit card harder you could win the argument? Too bad the game is and always will be pay2win so it doesn't work that way. Maybe you can go face roll some freebies in PVP with your credit card some more to feel better about it.
  • monkjaynmonkjayn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so, people have made valid points on how you can EASILY (as long as your a good player) aquire all of the stuff ingame, without spending a penny (like alot in my guild have - and myself for the most part), but instead, you choose to shout, whine, ***** and cry how its pay2win ? the current zen exchange rates are diabolical, as such ive had thousands of zen sitting around with no use while i earn the AD in game - for free - with little issue at all.

seriously, if you cant make AD and by connection Zen, in this game, its probably because your a bad player, sorry to tell you that,but it really is easy to play this for free.

laters

Monk
  • eros1986eros1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am curious how many coalescent ward you need for a full set of maxed rank rune and a perfect weapon enchant?
  • phaazenphaazen Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    games can easliy focus on PvP balance or PvE not both they chose PvE so naturally PvP has problems.

Also lol to the people saying this is the worst game ever made, are you sure can't think of a single game worse? The list is litterally collosal.
  • maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    eros1986 wrote: »
    I am curious how many coalescent ward you need for a full set of maxed rank rune and a perfect weapon enchant?

I have 5 greater tene enchants and only used the green wards to make them. I spend zero dollars on 100 of these by simply using the ad I made ingame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • apextaoapextao Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    Don't forget the cost of the several greater tenebrous enchants you'd want. Those things are crazy OP.

Unless you are rather lucky with fusions...
    edited June 2013
    traciatim1 wrote: »
    Typical pay2win defender response. Maybe if you swipe your credit card harder you could win the argument? Too bad the game is and always will be pay2win so it doesn't work that way. Maybe you can go face roll some freebies in PVP with your credit card some more to feel better about it.

I've earned all my broken and OP gear via selling equipment from the delves I partake in and I haven't spent a single penny on this game, so I'll just go ahead and leave this here... umadbro?:rolleyes:
    Continue the QQ though, it's obviously helping you cope with a lack of something.. Whether it be time to play game, money to p2win, or intelligence to figure out what all these "typical p2win defenders" are talking about..