Install Arc
Options

one thing that truly makes pvp p2w

Comments

• Options
    nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    traciatim1 wrote: »
    Typical pay2win defender response. Maybe if you swipe your credit card harder you could win the argument? Too bad the game is and always will be pay2win so it doesn't work that way. Maybe you can go face roll some freebies in PVP with your credit card some more to feel better about it.

I've earned all my broken and OP gear via selling equipment from the delves I partake in and I haven't spent a single penny on this game, so I'll just go ahead and leave this here... umadbro?:rolleyes:
    Continue the QQ though, it's obviously helping you cope with a lack of something.. Whether it be time to play game, money to p2win, or intelligence to figure out what all these "typical p2win defenders" are talking about..
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    eros1986 wrote: »
    I am curious how many coalescent ward you need for a full set of maxed rank rune and a perfect weapon enchant?
    1 = lesser, 4 lesser +1 = normal (5), 4 normal +1 (21) = greater, 4 greater +1 (85)... math is hurrd :P
  • Options
    pregnablepregnable Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nukeyoo wrote: »
    I've earned all my broken and OP gear via selling equipment from the delves I partake in and I haven't spent a single penny on this game, so I'll just go ahead and leave this here... umadbro?:rolleyes:
    Continue the QQ though, it's obviously helping you cope with a lack of something.. Whether it be time to play game, money to p2win, or intelligence to figure out what all these "typical p2win defenders" are talking about..

TL;DR

Yeah I totally agree with you friend. We are the same.

This game can not be pay to win because you can easily by selling to other players get everything a money player can get. Do not every start talking about large armount of AD made by exploters or how the auction house keeps getting shut to down. The game is BETA! Myabe some of you should go to wise cultures around the world and see what problems really look like.

The point is that all the haters are going to keep playing the game because it is good and no reason to quit and play angry: bird space. EVeryone is at even playing and its not play to win so you can just forget it because you will keep playing. The few babies that might quit will not matter and paying players will be happy playing this game by themselves anyways for a long time because its good enough and nothing better is coming along. Games can do better with a smaller base of players that are dedicated to the company and have well intention between eachother.

I am sorry if I sound like a really big scarey guy and feared away some of the people against the game but you must understand that I am tired of seeing posts bash a good game that is from a good company with good money systems.

The game is fine and not p2win so does not change anything cryptic!

Neverwinter be around for 100 years!
  • Options
    ianwrymianwrym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pregnable wrote: »
    TL;DR

These people that spout off pay2win are just typical mothbreathers and entitlement people who do not do college and are ignorant to the purity of wiser cultures around the world.

GUYS, WE BREATHE MOTHS NOW APPARENTLY. HOLY <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> THIS IS AWESOME.

It is kinda dusty in here, though.
  • Options
    modimormodimor Member Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    There's just so much wrong with adding real money purchases in a game thats in beta stage, I personally will never spend any of my money in this game due to how they have treated this. Everything is massivly overpriced aswell or extremly time consuming. I feel sorry for anyone who bought Zen with their card. And you should all have your money back tbh. Founders pack is totally different thing. Thats you as a person giving support to the developers (wich moast likely never get to see those cash, but yeah thats how the entertainment buisness works). The endgame is nothing but a big AD grind imo. The chances of getting what you want from dungeon runs are really slim so basicly you hope to ninja some guys loot to put up on AH, wich some poor guy who invested money into the game are goin to buy. The only thing i'm doing in the game anymore is loggin in, start some Crafting, thinkin about doing the pvp daily, but moast likly log out. I'm pretty sure i'm not even playing this game any longer then a week more. But thats more for other reasons like how they don't adress class ballance for pvp.
  • Options
    draconerus1draconerus1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was noticing this as well and hoping it will be balanced, probably will stay P2W though.
  • Options
    shrewguyshrewguy Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not sure if its been pointed out yet or not, but the thunder head enchantment is for armour, it procs when you receive a critical hit, and it can only proc once every 60 seconds.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    shrewguy wrote: »
    Not sure if its been pointed out yet or not, but the thunder head enchantment is for armour, it procs when you receive a critical hit, and it can only proc once every 60 seconds.

and your point is?
  • Options
    shrewguyshrewguy Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    and your point is?

my point is that the ten or so comments raging about how a rogue will be stun locking people with on hit stun enchantments is not going to happen, because that's not what the thunderhead enchantment does.

Now, what's the point of YOUR comment?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    shrewguy wrote: »
    my point is that the ten or so comments raging about how a rogue will be stun locking people with on hit stun enchantments is not going to happen, because that's not what the thunderhead enchantment does.

Now, what's the point of YOUR comment?

My apologies, I never read the comments you speak of. That's why they have a "reply with quote" button so people know what you're referring to.
  • Options
    dogranosdogranos Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have not read the thread completely, but I have one question (may have missed the info in all the posts): How much of a power jump is it from "Lesser" enchantments to "Greater"?

You have to keep in mind that Lesser Enchantment = 10$, Normal Enchantment = 40$ (or 50$? 4 Lesser + 1 Ward?). If the power increase between Lesser -> Normal, and Normal -> Greater isn't too big, it may be entirely sufficient to go with Lesser or Normal enchantments. Better than no enchantment anyway :) And while still expensive, I would'nt consider 40$ to be totally out of the reach.
  • Options
    monkjaynmonkjayn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the increase is substatial form lesser to greater or even perfect, however, the coalescent stones do not need to be bought with real life money, so they wont cost you a **** penny to make.

laters

Monk
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    dogranos wrote: »
    I have not read the thread completely, but I have one question (may have missed the info in all the posts): How much of a power jump is it from "Lesser" enchantments to "Greater"?

You have to keep in mind that Lesser Enchantment = 10$, Normal Enchantment = 40$ (or 50$? 4 Lesser + 1 Ward?). If the power increase between Lesser -> Normal, and Normal -> Greater isn't too big, it may be entirely sufficient to go with Lesser or Normal enchantments. Better than no enchantment anyway :) And while still expensive, I would'nt consider 40$ to be totally out of the reach.

lesser tenebrous = 1% of max hp dealt in necrotic dmg.
    normal = 2%
    greater = 3%
    perfect = 4%

So for those that cannot do simple math. 3% is = to 1% x 3. Therefore greater is = to 3 lesser tenebrous. As far as damage increases go. My cw has 6 greater tenebrous and roughly 24k hp. So 3% of 24k = 720 dmg x 6 = 4320. So from these enchantments alone I can do a 4320 damage proc off of any ability damage (at-wills, encounters, daily's, DoT ticks can proc also) that criticals. There's no internal cool down. They don't all always proc and I don't know what the proc percentage is but it procs quite often. You add in the broken 4pc shadow weaver allowing for 100% crit insert broken lawlz of OP.
  • Options
    damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    lesser tenebrous = 1% of max hp dealt in necrotic dmg.
    normal = 2%
    greater = 3%
    perfect = 4%

So for those that cannot do simple math. 3% is = to 1% x 3. Therefore greater is = to 3 lesser tenebrous. As far as damage increases go. My cw has 6 greater tenebrous and roughly 24k hp. So 3% of 24k = 720 dmg x 6 = 4320. So from these enchantments alone I can do a 4320 damage proc off of any ability damage (at-wills, encounters, daily's, DoT ticks can proc also) that criticals. There's no internal cool down. They don't all always proc and I don't know what the proc percentage is but it procs quite often. You add in the broken 4pc shadow weaver allowing for 100% crit insert broken lawlz of OP.

Pretty sure there isn't a perfect tenebrous, just like there isn't a perfect plague fire.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    damianess wrote: »
    Pretty sure there isn't a perfect tenebrous, just like there isn't a perfect plague fire.

I see, haven't seen any either. Just made the assumption they existed.
  • Options
    faethor70faethor70 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I will have to agree. I am not having as much fun in PvP as I used too for all the added enchants that are "needed" to compete. I feel I have spent a fair amount of money on my companions and keys (over 30 and still no Freakin nightmare). I will not except this is Open Beta for an excuse simply because if they're willing to charge me money for items- they need to bring their "A" game and not the "half <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" game.
  • Options
    erdokanerdokan Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    faethor70 wrote: »
    I will have to agree. I am not having as much fun in PvP as I used too for all the added enchants that are "needed" to compete. I feel I have spent a fair amount of money on my companions and keys (over 30 and still no Freakin nightmare). I will not except this is Open Beta for an excuse simply because if they're willing to charge me money for items- they need to bring their "A" game and not the "half <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" game.

Opened 100+ and no nightmare, just saying if u get it within 30 you can consider yourself lucky.
    David Valtiere, Lvl 70 TR with perfect Lvl 60 gear which I don't want to replace cause nostalgia yo ;_;
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    erdokan wrote: »
    Opened 100+ and no nightmare, just saying if u get it within 30 you can consider yourself lucky.

I don't know if you guys know this, but for 3000 zen you can purchase the 110% mount that is account bound and available to all characters on it and future characters. Options like this might appease your rage towards RNG (random number generator) involved with nightmare lock boxes. If the heavy nightmare mount is what you're after then they were around 900k astral diamonds on AH the last time I looked. Perhaps cheaper now with lowered zen prices. That option also is equal to or less then the purchase of 30+ keys. Less QQ about being unlucky with RNG when you knowingly are purchasing a random chance.
  • Options
    yolol00yolol00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I laughed at this **** thread.. how is this game p2w if all stuff are obtainable for astral diamonds and a bit of hard work? The problem with you is that you want everything easy. Why top gears and enchants should be easy to obtain if they are the best items? I've been playing this game for 3 weeks and i already bought all the tier 2 gear i wanted, now I will farm good enchants.. And about pvp, you guys must really suck at it for complain about mounts and ppl with enchants. The pvp in this game depends ENTIRELY on your TEAM. Even if you are good, u cant do much if your team is worse than the enemy team. This game got real problems with exploits, not cash items.. whats wrong with you?
  • Options
    evilderprimus88evilderprimus88 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    yolol00 wrote: »
    I laughed at this **** thread.. how is this game p2w if all stuff are obtainable for astral diamonds and a bit of hard work?

:sigh:

You see, that's the part where you are entirely wrong, although the rest of what you say is actually true. It is possible to get enchants and T2 gear and whatever without paying, but it doesn't requires "hard work" or "work", since work by definition is an act of productive and rational activity. Getting stuff in Neverwinter requires grinding, which is hardly a work - it's just a boring, almost pointless in the short term (and not-so pointless in the really long term) repetition, people traversing the same content over and over and over again to get this ring, this armor, this enchant, AD or go mad from boredom. Besides, we're still speaking about the game, the fun-inducing activity, and adding the grinding is counterproductive since it's kills the fun.
    yolol00 wrote: »
    The problem with you is that you want everything easy.

No, even casual players don't want it to be "easy" to obtain "everything", they just want to have some fun in the process. This is the core of the problem.
  • Options
    mytgroomytgroo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    It was really hard to get the lesser weapon and armor enchants without spending money. First you have to spend 116K AD each for the coalescent wards which takes time to get. Then you have to get 4 of a particular type of enchant and use it with a coalescent ward. If you buy them from the auction house they are about 2K each for the shards. So 124K each to have lesser enchantments. This took quite a long time to do. For me to stack lesser enchants-- into higher enchants, it would cost a huge amount of time and AD. I don't see this happening soon. With the lightning rune for the weapon it adds 10% damage per hit at the first level. Lots of playing. Also, careful checks on enchants-- these are the quickest way to get AD.
  • Options
    dovkandovkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This turns me away from the game, but Ive already started, and since I only do pve atm.. W/E, but this just proves they lied about zen being cosmetic.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    :sigh:

You see, that's the part where you are entirely wrong, although the rest of what you say is actually true. It is possible to get enchants and T2 gear and whatever without paying, but it doesn't requires "hard work" or "work", since work by definition is an act of productive and rational activity. Getting stuff in Neverwinter requires grinding, which is hardly a work - it's just a boring, almost pointless in the short term (and not-so pointless in the really long term) repetition, people traversing the same content over and over and over again to get this ring, this armor, this enchant, AD or go mad from boredom. Besides, we're still speaking about the game, the fun-inducing activity, and adding the grinding is counterproductive since it's kills the fun.

No, even casual players don't want it to be "easy" to obtain "everything", they just want to have some fun in the process. This is the core of the problem.

Please link me an MMO that incorporates pvp, where there isn't some sort of grind for gear progression and that doesn't incorporate repetitively completing the same boring content in hopes of RNG providing you with your desired result. Then tell me why aren't you playing it instead of here b!tching and moaning that things aren't given to you in some sort of non repetitive fun non grinding manner that requires effort but not that much.

dovkan wrote: »
    This turns me away from the game, but Ive already started, and since I only do pve atm.. W/E, but this just proves they lied about zen being cosmetic.

Please quote me the line where they said Zen was going to be purely cosmetic? I have not read it so I would like you link it here for me to read so that I may agree with you.
  • Options
    godsdozergodsdozer Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Players are given the option to add additional stats/effects to their equipment in Neverwinter. These come in the forms of Runestones (pets) and Enchantments (Armor/Weapon). For pets, the Runestones are split into Offense and Defense. For Enchantments, they are split into Offense, Utility, and Defense. A single Runestone/Enchantment provides different bonuses depending on which slot there are equipped to. These also have ranks and start from 1 and ends at 9. Four of the same kind may also fuse to move up a tier. The chance of success starts at 95% at rank 1 and 10% at rank 8. You will lose a single Runestone/Enchantment upon failure.
    There are two ways to circumvent failure: Preservation Ward and Coalescent Ward. Preservation Wards cost 10 cents each and prevent the loss of materials upon failure. They are also only consumed upon failure. Coalescent Wards cost 10 dollars and guarantees success of fusion. Both these wards may also be obtained on a weekly basis through Celestial Coins (the latter being rarer). Now you may be wondering why there's a huge discrepancy between the two Wards. I was wondering for a while too until I stepped my foot into endgame and found out there was an entirely different type of Enchantments: The Armor/Weapon Enchantments.
    Armor/Weapon Enchantments are for specific slots in your weapon/chest and grant special effects. They come in shards and have a chance to drop from Epic Dungeon bosses. You must combine 4 shards to create a Lesser version of the Enchantment. However, the success chance of fusion is at a staggeringly low 1%. To compensate, they have very strong effects. An example would be the Thunderhead Enchantment. However, the real kicker here is that these "Lesser" versions may be fused again to gain a stronger version. Those may also be fused again to create the strongest version. Ultimately, the Greater Thunderhead Enchantment will have a 30% on crit to damage and stun foes. To create the strongest Enchantment possible, it will cost 160 dollars and 64 shards. Unlike companions, these can be used in PvP.

Note: I did not write this text and would give credit if I didn't think it was agianst the rule about advertising.
    Also considering the amount of time to farm 160 dollars worth of zen/wards via celestial coins we are talking a long long time far to long for it to not be considered p2w. I don't suggested to remove any of these enchantments just restrict in some way while pvping. I like pvp in this game and would rather this not be a dealbreaker /=

You are just realizing this now? yea they are going to change the way they make money to benefit you? Make no mistake this game is here to make them money and they will make money however they can.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I guess chainsaws arnt P2W at cutting trees down, when your hatchet can still technically, EVENTUALLY, chop down a great cedar tree. Wow when you look at it that way, theirs no such thing as p2w in any game \o/

love it. best response ever.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    v1510n5 wrote: »
    Is this bait?

This game is P2W. The mere fact that you can spend money to gain an advantage over other players is P2W. But this... It essentially means that if you want the best enchants and runestones you HAVE to pay unless you want to farm for months.

How can people defend **** like this?

It makes me sad because I really enjoy this game but I'm not willing to spend hundreds of dollars just to be able to compete with other players. I really hope that PW will reconsider their payment model. You would think that they would have learned their lesson with their previous games...

They did learn there lesson with previous games. Make as much money as you can with a game as fast as possible. Rinse and repeat.
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Sigh.. nothing in this game is pay 2 win. If you can't make tons of AD easy and earn coalescents from lockboxes or buy with tarmulune trade bars then you did something wrong. My enchant is a greater vorpal many coalescents shards and fusing latter it goes for about 4.2mil AD I didn't spend any cash on it. Just play the game and have fun some things are convienient if bought but the 1000 zen for a coalescent don't make sense since you can buy 10 keys for 1175 zen and buy 3 coalescents in game or just open some boxes and get gear or a mount and sell for 700k. So many ways to skin a cat. Nothing is pay 2 win.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    choicest wrote: »
    Wow, that is indeed broke-tacular. I have seen the colored slots on gear too so I know what enchant slot you are talking about. Well I will be 60 this weekend and will try to confirm. Yea, this definitively sounds like a deal breaker for me. If I am looking at a 3 month grind to be as competitive as others in PvP I am done. Not so bitter as to want my $60 back, I knew I might not like end game and quit. But yea, months of grinding to be competitive in PvP.....I would still be playing TERA if that's what I was into.

Another reason why I haven't dropped a dime on this game. Their business model is so shady. I love the lore (D&D junkie here), the setting, and some of the game play. But hearing stories of people dropping hundreds (even thousands) on this game just makes my stomach turn.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    dravkwndravkwn Member Posts: 88
    edited July 2013
    I'm not going to say this game is Pay to Win but it can very easily be considered in such depending on your viewpoint.

Consider this example a poor farmer gets into a fight with a rich noble, a duel is declared. The poor farmer has a week to do what he can which being a poor farmer is simply to farm as quickly as possible. At the end of the week the farmer and the noble have their duel the farmer though doing his best didn't have enough time for a powerful weapon and simply holds out a well worn blade ready for combat, the noble on the other hand is well off and simply purchased a powerful and accurate revolver and quickly kills the farmer.

In the example above is very much how you can consider this game pay to win at least as far as PvP goes. Those who buy can get the best first thus claiming early victories which in turns spurs on further and faster growth in the arena this is faster glory gains which is also a penalty for those that don't have as they also are slowed further with slower glory gains.

In PvE those with the better gear (if they are equally skilled to the farmers) clear the higher dungeons sooner, get access to the loots sooner, and thus are able to gain a hold on the auction house as their items of stock are weeks or months ahead of those poor farmer individuals and with less stock at those times their items had higher value as demands are higher while supply is lower as opposed to later weeks and months when the farmers are finally able to begin selling their wares which then is a larger increase in supply while demand is also decreased.

As it stands it can very easily be considered Pay to Win depending on how you consider your viewpoint.

Personally speaking on the matter I'll simply state that even if if I did or do consider this Pay to Win I see nothing wrong with it beyond the fact that it upsets those individuals that don't think spending some money on the game is worth it.

Frankly, the amount of money it costs for the various items would take me longer in time to grind than to simply work a job for an extra couple of hours. So I can spend 10 hours grinding myself into boredom or work an extra hour and have 9 more free hours to do something else.

I've yet to spend any money on this game myself as I only joined to support my brother and his guild as their tank, otherwise its not finished or at least not complete enough to consider. I'm a big fan of making my characters different and as it stands character creation with pre chosen stat rolls that I can't choose myself is a huge downer that I will never be able to get past as I am very OCD on numbers in general and how they affect an aspect of something.

Sorry if I began to ramble off topic abit.
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Maybe a touch cynical, but this game isn't pay-to-win, it's bot-to-win and exploit-to-win.