test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PVP Cleric Discussion / Build / Theorycraft Thread!

2»

Comments

• Options
    beldukilbeldukil Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    lim3yy wrote: »
    It does give you an extra 25% Divine Power, so I'd say in terms of numbers that's pretty strong. It doesn't really feel strong since you only get 1 more spell off, but I definitely notice having it.

It only gives you one extra cast per fight
  • Options
    akula69akula69 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    beldukil wrote: »
    It only gives you one extra cast per fight

I believe if your thinking in terms of PVE you can count it as 1 more cast per fight because of the more structured nature. But in the chaos of PVP it gives you extra 25% storage to have at your disposal when needed. There is a huge difference there.
  • Options
    dawnbriingersdawnbriingers Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks great guide, starting up a cleric out of nothing and atleast now i have n idea :)
    Any preferable races for cleric?
    (noticed elf has - 40% on healing self for example and have to restart to avoid that)
  • Options
    robusticarobustica Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks great guide, starting up a cleric out of nothing and atleast now i have n idea :)
    Any preferable races for cleric?
    (noticed elf has - 40% on healing self for example and have to restart to avoid that)

All races have the -40% healing buff on self, so for that you won't have to re-roll!
    robustica.jpg
  • Options
    dawnbriingersdawnbriingers Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ah ok thx, i just tried 1 race so far. Realy realy just started. Altough i might create anothr class for PvP. Cause being cleric in PvP seems to be a diffcult job. (probably 1 or 2 powerfull hits do the trick like in most othr mmorpg's)

Thx fr the quikc reaction :)
  • Options
    mcmetal1mcmetal1 Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    -Bastion of Health
    Powerful AoE Heal on a < 2 second cast time, or improved Heal on instant cast (Divinity). Need I say more? This spell is clutch, or more clutch no matter which way you look at it.
    )

I must be missing something about this. Even at rank 3 it heals a pitifull amount and has a 20 second recast. How is this good?
  • Options
    snakesandcakessnakesandcakes Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mcmetal1 wrote: »
    I must be missing something about this. Even at rank 3 it heals a pitifull amount and has a 20 second recast. How is this good?

It isn't, IMHO. In PvP I'd rather slot Chains, FF, HW, or SB. Then again, the OP finds it "super hard to single target heal" in PvP, so that's probably the reason he went with BoH.
  • Options
    lim3yylim3yy Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mcmetal1 wrote: »

Well with recovery it's a lot lower than 20s. My CD is about 12-13 seconds, and it's not all about the heal, the biggest benefit of it, which I mention multiple times, is how versatile it is. So many cleric spells are really limited in effectiveness. BoH can heal, but it also gives a buff / debuff in DP mode, or a debuff in reg mode. I find that it's more useful than other skills. Again preference, my build mindset is all about maximizing my teams effectiveness and limiting theirs.
    It isn't, IMHO. In PvP I'd rather slot Chains, FF, HW, or SB. Then again, the OP finds it "super hard to single target heal" in PvP, so that's probably the reason he went with BoH.

Single target healing is kinda rough, and I've found trying to single target heal is that I get tunnel vision. When it's all about laying down AoE abilities keeps you focused on the whole fight rather than trying to track down a pesky rogue to drop a single target ability on him.
  • Options
    lim3yylim3yy Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gokkens wrote: »
    Any chance of getting some of that information you have there in picture form? with a screesnhot of what power and feat you took? pretty please!

Yeah I will later today! I've been in the process of moving so I haven't had my computer working.
  • Options
    torrificotorrifico Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think you have mixed up BoH and DG. BoH is just a heal and DG is just a buff/debuff.

Unless I am missing something ofc.
    BoH can heal, but it also gives a buff / debuff in DP mode, or a debuff in reg mode. I find that it's more useful than other skills. Again preference, my build mindset is all about maximizing my teams effectiveness and limiting theirs.

Single target healing is kinda rough, and I've found trying to single target heal is that I get tunnel vision. When it's all about laying down AoE abilities keeps you focused on the whole fight rather than trying to track down a pesky rogue to drop a single target ability on him.
  • Options
    razielkrinchalrazielkrinchal Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How is that build working for you?
  • Options
    zephryl1zephryl1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 220 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Personally, I run with Astral Shield, Sun Burst, Daunting Light, Brand of the Sun and Sacred Flames.

Lay down the AS, Sun Burst to Heal/AP/Divinity, Divine Sun Burst to launch people off the points. Control wizard grabs someone? They get knocked Prone? Lay down a daunting light!

Sacred Flames to spam, and lay a Brand of the Sun on each person. Works best out of a crit build, you can get pretty huge damage on the Brand (My best is 7k so far)

Hallowed Ground if you're in a massive group fight, Hammer of Justice on any annoying TR/CW/DC that's <50% HP.

I do a pretty good job of keeping my team alive, and you often get kills (Even occasionally top the score board too, though it requires a lot of point capturing)

I'd like to use Divine Light, for the Buff/Debuff, but the Divine Version is bugged, so it's not worth it.
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Break Spirit is a must IMO.

I normally just roll Healing Word/AS/Break Spirit.

30% dmg reduction debuff with high uptime is really important, still not as good as Ray of Overpowered (-50% dmg reduction) but still, especially with things like Shocking Execution that can't be mitigated.

Also can be some decent CC if you blow a divinity pip on it and some passive dmg to wear people down.

Healing Word with divinity is pretty much the same clutch healing as Bastion.
  • Options
    izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The OP spec is inferior. The PvE build listed here is better, but with defense stacked.
  • Options
    deviltyphoon2deviltyphoon2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Isn't this build updated after the balancing patch?
  • Options
    rnewton8rnewton8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Here's the PVP set up i tried last night.My build is a primary heal build with a dps option that will get by in PVE or PVP as well

Divine Armour and Hammer of Fate for dailies.. I use feated Hallowed ground for dungeon, but for PVP divine armour is better I think, and i like Hammer of Fate to get easy kills.

For at will I use Brand of the Sun and either Astral Seal or Sacred Flame..

For encounters I mostly use Chains of Blazing, daunting light, and healing word. Sometimes I swap out healing word for divine glow or break spirit for the stun, Again, I dont find Astral Shield to be all that useful in PVP due to the increased mobility required in PVP.

I ususally always use foresight, since i have it fully feated, and either divine power, or holy fervor

I have pts in linked spirit as well since I do use channel heals in PVP alot.

This build is not going to put out big dps numbers like some of hte otehr classes, but it provides dmg reduction to entire group, increases group stats with link spirit, does some healing with healing word and channel heal, and provides decent dps at range, and provides control. ---let me know what u guys think or if you want me to put up more detailed info on feats etc.