test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Don't bother playing Great Weapons Fighter

sadgfhsadgfh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Somehow they managed to make them even weaker. I'm in the mid 20s and can no longer solo single player dungeons to complete quest lines, the only class I out DPS is instances is guardian fighter (even clerics out DPS me), and in pvp i died before my determination bar even reaches the half way mark. I literally just did a battle without a single PVP kill. Either the made significant changes which I dont see, or the people who said "Ohh, GWF do fine once you level up a bit" were blatantly lying.
Let's pretend like my account name isn't just a random string of characters I got by punching my keyboard.
Post edited by sadgfh on

Comments

• Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yeah it looks weak i wish they buff him up u can see lvl 60 gwf herehttp://www.twitch.tv/resistance_team_online
  • Options
    iamviperswhipiamviperswhip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14
    edited April 2013
    I levelled one up to 12 in about 2.5 hours this morning. I had already leveled a rogue to that level so had gear to help out. The biggest difference is the Greycloak weapon though. I can't imagine trying to level one without it, whereas with my rogue I was level 8 or 9 before I remembered we got a weapon with the collectors and went to claim it.
  • Options
    nocturnalgnocturnalg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    warpet wrote: »
    yeah it looks weak i wish they buff him up u can see lvl 60 gwf herehttp://www.twitch.tv/resistance_team_online

That guy quested to 34 then used leadership profession+zen to hit 60
    Carnage
    Lemonade Stand
  • Options
    lucienirenicuslucienirenicus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 71
    edited April 2013
    warpet wrote: »

Max level inside of 20 hours?

That's... disappointing. And a little sad.
    Cryptic: Fire your auction house dev.
  • Options
    bismar7bismar7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Powerleveling is powerleveling, is powerleveling.

It is what it is, this is not wow. D&D has always been about the experience. If you CHOOSE to powerlevel like that then you are missing the point of D&D.

who cares that its possible to reach max level in 5 hours? Play the game for the purpose of having a good time. Yesh.
    26.jpg
  • Options
    phaeriusphaerius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited April 2013
    Max level inside of 20 hours?

That's... disappointing. And a little sad.

That's what happens when you can pay for character experience via instant leadership crafting. Leadership awards pure exp, by paying AD you can make it instant, as long as you keep paying AD you can gain an infinite amount of exp.
  • Options
    chomagchomag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    As usual, 2handed weapon warriors suck. Then they get buffed to kingdom-come and make people whine about them. Then they get nerfed to ****. Then they get buffed. No MMO company ever managed to balance the 2handed fighter, same as the stealth class: they're both either OP as sin or nerfed to ****.

Although my favorite characters are heavily armored, two handed weapon wielding warriors, in single player games, for MMOs I gave up trying to play one of these as no MMO company ever managed to get it right.
  • Options
    nocturnalgnocturnalg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    phaerius wrote: »
    That's what happens when you can pay for character experience via instant leadership crafting. Leadership awards pure exp, by paying AD you can make it instant, as long as you keep paying AD you can gain an infinite amount of exp.

The pay to win nonsense begins! Paid to hit max level in a couple hours and he had a epic purple weapon waiting for him at 60 from HotN.
    Carnage
    Lemonade Stand
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    nocturnalg wrote: »
    The pay to win nonsense begins!

How is it pay to win? You can do the EXACT same thing for free.

It's paying for convenience and expedience.

Please learn what "Pay to Win" is
  • Options
    phaeriusphaerius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited April 2013
    I probably won't even be using leadership after I saw that its main reward was exp, I don't enjoy the idea of levelling past content and never have. But I knew it was bound to happen somehow, I used up all my closed beta AD on instant leadership crafts just to see if the prof ever got more interesting. Doing so netted me a bunch of character EXP.
  • Options
    mrbluebirdmrbluebird Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    How is it pay to win? You can do the EXACT same thing for free.

It's paying for convenience and expedience.

Please learn what "Pay to Win" is

There are frightening people that play MMOs for the bragging right of getting somewhere first. Even D&D MMOs.

So, to this person, "winning" was getting to max before anyone else. Which is pretty funny :P
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    somebody who thinks instant leveling to 60 is a good thing obviously should stop playing games...
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    The problem is that there is no agreed-upon definition of pay-to-win. "Convenience" items are a good case in point. Some folks don't mind them, while others point out that they can make your character more powerful in less time, depending on the system.

To me selling power in a game is a form of pay to win. The weapon that Heros of the North obtain at 60 is a prime example of things that should not be sold for money. And while I don't mind experience boosts (I.E paying for a x% increase in experience per quest/mob kill) this guy just dumped a couple hundred to hit 60.

You want a true example of P2W? Look no further than Forsaken World, Perfect World, Battle of the Immortals and other games ran by this silly little company. This game will be no different eventually. If you are a non competitive, pve only, casual player then it's no issue to you.
    Carnage
    Lemonade Stand
  • Options
    mrbluebirdmrbluebird Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    somebody who thinks instant leveling to 60 is a good thing obviously should stop playing games...

How dare he experience the game the way he wants to? SHAME on him.
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mrbluebird wrote: »
    How dare he experience the game the way he wants to? SHAME on him.

well he can...but its like gorging down a gourmet meal...you can do that, but you still keep being an ignorant idiot
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    well he can...but its like gorging down a gourmet meal...you can do that, but you still keep being an ignorant idiot

Except the meal is still there, and can be experienced on another character in a different fashion if he chooses. Who are you to dictate what is fun for other people?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    mrbluebird wrote: »
    Except the meal is still there, and can be experienced on another character in a different fashion if he chooses. Who are you to dictate what is fun for other people?

im the guy telling him he's doing it wrong
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    im the guy telling him he's doing it wrong

Let me know how being angry about other people living their lives in ways that don't impact you works out for ya. Enjoy being forever angry.
  • Options
    takigushitakigushi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Could you guys stop talking about gourmet meals? I'm hungry now **** it.

Also, this thread is about GWF sucking and needing a buff. I was excited to play a GWF since it was one of the classes that I most enjoyed when I was playing the betas. But if it sucks right now I may end up leveling a Control Wizard or a Guardian Fighter.

Man do they really suck this much or this is only people who don't know how to play the class whinning? =(
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    How long did it take the non-stop players to get to max level in Diablo 3? And in every new WoW version, except the first, people were max level days before me, even though I did play a lot. This is hardly specific to Neverwinter. Without the ADs, it would have taken a day longer. Unlike in other games, it does not even matter here to get to the max level first, because there are no benefits.

I would much rather take the grand tour, explore Foundry adventures, have some fun in PvP, look around like a kid in a wonderous toy store, and have fun, instead of powering through the game while guzzling energy drinks. The journey matters.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    takigushitakigushi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0la5DBtOVNI

nuff said.

Man I'm worried now. I really wanted to role a GWF =|
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    It is the first days of open beta. If you like a class, play it and become good at it. Balance changes will almost certainly be made. Cryptic seems to have a good record of that.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    smokeygbsmokeygb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited April 2013
    I did notice in PvP my kills were amongst the lowest but my assists were far and away the highest. I think the GWF might be lacking that one true burst to bring an opponent down for well and good, outside of the dailies, that is. I did find it certainly true that my GWF was far less effective from BW 3 to BW 4, but then I only reached the mid 30s.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    It is the first days of open beta. If you like a class, play it and become good at it. Balance changes will almost certainly be made. Cryptic seems to have a good record of that.

I'll probably follow this line of thought. Well I did played as a Paladin in WoW for over a year and half before the buffs that made the Retribution tree viable anyway... I just hope Cryptic is faster at patching things than Blizzard =P
  • Options
    iamviperswhipiamviperswhip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14
    edited April 2013
    A guy leveled to max in WoW post Panda killing 2 enemies, just crafting and doing non lethal quests. In lots of games you can level through crafting, I don't get the hate on anything like that. Who cares if somebody else has wasted millions of AD on leveling to max in an hour, how does this change your gaming experience?
  • Options
    endofarendofar Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    what worries me is that i haven't read anything from pw about the gwf so far (i mean since beta4, as there the issue began).
    Do they have a explanation about how the gwf is fine, or just no solution, don't care, are working on it, etc... ?

Seems to me like bad communication from yet another company :/
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    endofar wrote: »
    what worries me is that i haven't read anything from pw about the gwf so far (i mean since beta4, as there the issue began).
    Do they have a explanation about how the gwf is fine, or just no solution, don't care, are working on it, etc... ?

Zeke Sparkes: The Control Wizard and Great Weapon Fighter saw the biggest changes but opposite direction. Control Wizards did not have enough control in PvE and that was increased but skills stayed the same in PvP to give them a bit of extra damage. He was a bit underpowered.
    The Great Weapon Fighter is the other side of the coin and there were a lot of people who were sad we clipped his wings a bit. He was a bit faster than other classes in leveling and power. He can deal a lot of damage to a lot of critters. It was a little too high on the damage side. It got brought back in. This happened before CBW 4. Data coming back was very good. He’s back in line with the others. He’s still a bit strong.

This is the explanation as of April 25th. Source
    Carnage
    Lemonade Stand
  • Options
    delgatto42delgatto42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    endofar wrote: »

In the beta forums people were quoting Cryptic in saying that GWF on BW3 was too mobile, and was doing too much damage (remember it is listed as a mobile striker offtank), so they had to dial it back a bit to get it to "where its supposed to be"

As that was in the beta forums, I don't have the quote nor link.

EDIT Someone has the quote above me
    When he gets to Heaven To Saint Peter he will say, "Hand me 4d6. Lets roll the dice and play!"
  • Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    they seem to think
    Hes still a bit strong.
    21.jpg
  • Options
    agash22agash22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    +1 to the GWF needs adjustment.

Right now I have leveled to level 10 or 11 playing a Control Wizard, Great Weapon Fighter, Guardian Fighter and Trickster Roque.
    With the GWF it was bad: I did not exactly keep tabs, but it feeltlike I needed to hit the same enemy type as many times as with the Guardian Figther. It did not feel like I was making more damage faster. While in a party with a Contol Wizard, I definitely sucked damage-making-wise and the GWF was the only character that died (in the sewer rats dungeon while the control wizard laughed his *** off.) AND what I still do not understand is why the damage of the "Sure Strike" of the GWF is 'slightly reduced for every target hit beyond the first', while the "Cleave" of the GF 'deals additional damage with the 3rd hit'. WhyOWhy?
    Right now I do not know if the GWF would be better in higher levels and I do not care. My GWF was wipped after the Beta-weekends. It is the only class for which I have lost interest, because when I choose a non-spells, non-stealth, medium armor character with a freaking big weapon I want to see freaking relevant damage dealing.
This discussion has been closed.