Install Arc
Options

Scoundrel Rogue tactics

2»

Comments

• Options
    y0y0jimboy0y0jimbo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just wondering guys if the Dazzling blades % are updated yet? I would definitely choose it if it had 15% chance to reduce CD's when using Duelist flurry..but atm from the tool tip in game..it's only 5% at 5 points...I am guessing that PWE decided to change the values? Can any Scroundrels report on effectiveness as I'm wondering if it is even worth it now to put points into it..

Cheers!
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    y0y0jimbo wrote: »
    Just wondering guys if the Dazzling blades % are updated yet? I would definitely choose it if it had 15% chance to reduce CD's when using Duelist flurry..but atm from the tool tip in game..it's only 5% at 5 points...I am guessing that PWE decided to change the values? Can any Scroundrels report on effectiveness as I'm wondering if it is even worth it now to put points into it..

Cheers!

It works well enough at 5%. Most solo fights you might cut 2 sec off all cooldowns on the average. That is significant.
  • Options
    candipcandip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    leonf25 wrote: »
    I am a relatively new level 60 rogue, so I haven't had a chance to truly experience the end game content yet, but I've done a fair share of dungeons/skirmishes/pvp along the way, and I thought I'd share my strategy/experience and get some feedback.

First of all, I would like to make a disclaimer that the information below doesn't have much theorycraft behind it; the information is based on my own observations and play style. There are two reasons for posting this:
    -To provide Scoundrel option for people who are intrested in that tree
    -Get feedback from other players on any flaws in my logic/issues with end game

I'll try to cover reasoning/performance for all the skills and feats for leveling, dungeoning and PvP.You can view my full build of powers/feats here: http://reyva.com/resources/neverwinter-powers-feat-simulator.9/#bD8UMRsg6EW81PVRVVt556DPcyE2eQnE7Or14dOwC338PmzTnK2Id0xLuLRL6u09C

The purpose of my build is two-fold. Consider these as main goals:
    • Goal 1: Stay in stealth for as long as possible (ideally always)
    • Goal 2: Maximize AP regen so Lurker
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    LeonF25...in your list for rotation ......L-click: Sly Flourish
    R-click: Cloud of Steel

Q: Bait and Switch
    E: Shadow Strike
    R: Blitz

1: Lurker's Assault
    2: Whirlwind of Blades

C1: Tactics
    C2: Tenacious Concealment/Skillful Infiltrator

what does this C1 and C2 stand for????
  • Options
    senseijohnsenseijohn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 90
    edited June 2013
    candip wrote: »
    LeonF25...in your list for rotation ......L-click: Sly Flourish
    R-click: Cloud of Steel

Q: Bait and Switch
    E: Shadow Strike
    R: Blitz

1: Lurker's Assault
    2: Whirlwind of Blades

C1: Tactics
    C2: Tenacious Concealment/Skillful Infiltrator

what does this C1 and C2 stand for????

Close are your TINY little class ability slots (you have 2) on your bar... little splats of yellow before your encounter abilities.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    senseijohn wrote: »
    Close are your TINY little class ability slots (you have 2) on your bar... little splats of yellow before your encounter abilities.

Ohhhhhh yes i see now ...duh *facepalms* ty !
  • Options
    klipstaklipsta Member Posts: 99
    edited June 2013
    Flurry can work in PVP if you time it right. I think it can be better than sky flourish if you practice enough with timing it correctly
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm not a PvP veteran, so that's the value of my two cents. I went saboteur to get the longest stealth and the 30% AP increase after a kill (which I found makes a big difference in PvE).

Personally I think you can use stealth in two ways: As a primary means of operation, or as a way to setup and empower your attacks.

If you use it as a damage-booster, the feat that increases damage after leaving stealth makes sense. But for a real stealth build imho it's far better to get the feats that return stamina and increases stealth length.

And like Klipsta said, flurry can work really well in PvP, unless you're against experienced players, they just walk away. PvP is not static, there is no one-rotation-fits-all. You will need to be able to adept to the strategy your opponents are using to counter them.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Yep, Yerune youre right about adapting to pvp as it comes......hahaha at first I would get flustered cuz so much stuff is flyin around in front of your face I couldnt tell if i was bein healed or attacked !!! hhaah Have overcome that now! ;)
  • Options
    anothersorrowanothersorrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 171 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This kind of build shines with Master Assassin's gear.After using Lurker's Assault you get 4150power for 6 seconds from MA and because that builds point its to gain AP the fastest way you ll have it up a lot.
  • Options
    joyvinjoyvin Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    After change DF bleed. Which at-will combo will be better:
    1)DF+SF - stack 10 bleed then spam SF.
    2)DF+CoS - stack df bleed, spam df + use CoS when 12 ready?
    3)SF+CoS - spam SF + use 12 CoS.

Which way will be mos profit?
    signature.jpg
  • Options
    harleyquinnelharleyquinnel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I may have missed the boat on this; but with the changes to BoP drops, if there is any available, what T2 sets / items should I be looking to purchase from the AH to be optimal with this build?