Install Arc
Options

Dungeon Delves is a bad idea

2»

Comments

• Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So you're saying that you can get all tiered gear from the chest?

Wondering cause I haven't made it to epics yet, but noticed that in heroic dungeons, the delve chest drops something off a very short list of possible items, which bosses drop completely different stuff.
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like the idea , you got to realize people play on their own schedule . So when the DD pops a lot of people Q , thus making this a good time to find groups . Other wise you could spend an hour waiting to get in a dungeon . Much easier to wait for a DD . Skirmishes work the same way they pop super fast during the bonus AD time .
  • Options
    e11ze11z Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Dungeon delves is awesome?!

In my eyes i gives people of all types (workers, Hobo's, Rich, luckers) a chance to gain the items they need!

Think about it.

its the perfect solution to Time problems.

the spammers can still spam dungeons and get ahead yeah. But the people who do the odd dungeon or two can time it so they do it with dungeon delves and have a good chance to get good loot.

Now the only way you could make this system better is by making it so you have an option to either have the normal dungeon delves, or You get 2 dungeon delve Tokens a day from a quest and sacrifice the days dungeon delve.

You use that token and then you have an hour of dungeon delves.
    The token has a max of 5 stacks so you cannot save up thousands. 3 days = 5 hours on delves.
    The token is not tradeable and only works for the person that uses one.

this system would mean you could have people come home from work, pop a token, and then go in and get some good loot whilst others can just stick with the normal dungeon delves if they have time should they wish too.

My idea anyways :)
    The Best PVP Guild on Dragon/Neverwinter: YoloOldSkoolSwagLoveNeverGingersLuvDupStep even if it's just one of us, you might as well just afk.
  • Options
    basel33basel33 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like DD but I also run dungeons without it in order to learn the strat (dodge the red and press the potion button, plus off-tanking all the adds - yes I play a DC). e11z's token idea sounds good but I think that it needs a large player base in order to work smoothly for PUGs (not everybody is going to use the token at the same time, with all the time differences, personal schedules and whatnot). Queueing will likely still be faster I guess (on average).

TL;DR - DD is good.
  • Options
    lappdancerlappdancer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love the DD events. I've still ran some dungeons without it...mostly ones I haven't ran before.

I do wish they came up more often, or their timing was more consistent. Some days there isn't a DD event at a time I can play between when I get home from work and when I normally go to bed.

Balance could be a little better though. Running dungeons outside of the event I pretty much assume the only thing I am going to get is seals while running during the event is pretty much a guaranteed purple piece.
  • Options
    th0rfinnth0rfinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No one wants to china farm Tier items. DD is very good.
  • Options
    macerukmaceruk Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think they should have a chest at the end of all of them or increase the drops per dungeon as people have said its always an item not for you, I don't think i have ever had one piece of actual armour i can wear from the boss drops and I am level 40 now.

But leave DD alone its an incentive to get people to do dungeons.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'd be content if they just made the super rare random t2 boss drop 100% chance. At least dungeons would be decent AD.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    rhymfaxerhymfaxe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I think DDs are a bad idea because they discourage grouping when it's not happy hour. It encourages skipping, "shortcuts", and exploiting, makes you rush like a madman to complete as many dungeons as possible in one hour. I don't feel like doing dungeons when it's not happy hour because the rewards are so disproportionate (really? 6x better?). I also don't like moving my life around to fit into the DD timeslots. There is a reason TV is moving away from scheduled programming and towards on-demand video you know.

If you want to maintain the current item acquirement rate, a good idea was posted earlier. Make it a daily. Complete 1-3 dungeons during a day, get a lockbox that does the same as the chest at the end. If you must, make it repeatable more often than 24 hr, or X times each 24hr period.
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rhymfaxe wrote: »
    I think DDs are a bad idea because they discourage grouping when it's not happy hour.

I don't get this comment some people have posted. How does it discourage grouping? There's no mechanism preventing you from running again when DD is up if you ran it earlier *scratch head*
  • Options
    churchilligcchurchilligc Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The problem with running dungeons outside of DD time is that anyone who fought a lot of Bartholomew Blackdagger's knows that the drop rate for actual good/T2 items is completely awful. It's just not worth the time invested to go when it's not DD.

It's not like these dungeons are fun after the first 50 times.

And.

The only dungeon worth doing when it's not Delves time is Castle Never.

Coincidentally, Castle Never is the only dungeon that actually drops the loot it's supposed to, every time.

Nothing worse than running a T2 dungeon to see T1 gear drop off bosses in slots not advertised on the dungeon tooltip just to get a T1 ring from the DD chest.
  • Options
    djoumsdjoums Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    I don't get this comment some people have posted. How does it discourage grouping? There's no mechanism preventing you from running again when DD is up if you ran it earlier *scratch head*
    Not sure how you don't get it : most people don't run dungeons outside of the events, so you'll have a hard time finding people to run those dungeons ? And if it takes you 30min to finally be in a full group (which may be horribly unbalanced btw), maybe next time you'll just pass and do something else.
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    djoums wrote: »
    Not sure how you don't get it : most people don't run dungeons outside of the events, so you'll have a hard time finding people to run those dungeons ?

Proof? I have no issues finding groups outside of the DD event
  • Options
    djoumsdjoums Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    Proof? I have no issues finding groups outside of the DD event
    Depends on the timezone maybe, but I have waited more than 30 minutes sometimes to find a full group. As a cleric btw.
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Depends on the timezone maybe, but I have waited more than 30 minutes sometimes to find a full group. As a cleric btw.

I main a Cleric and have a GWF alt. My queues usually take 15 minutes max, unless I am playing during odd hours.
  • Options
    silentsinssilentsins Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feel that Dungeon Delves are a fantastic idea. Brilliant. It does 2 positive things for the game:
    1. It gets a larger percent of the player base to engage in the same activity at the same time, making it easier to find a group.
    2. It allows time-strapped players to get the most out of their log in time.

That's not to say that the system doesn't have issues... The bonus schedule should be a prominent banner on the forums and should be accessible via the gateway program (if it isn't there already) in order for people to be able to access it outside of the game. Also, the DD and pvp bonuses should come up a lot more than they do now, since they're the most useful at endgame.

As a person with a full time job, full time school, 4 kids, and a wife with MS, there's nothing that I like more than being able to log in and bang out a dungeon or a couple pvp maps thanks to the queues being full, then logging. With a bit of tweaking, I could see this being a "mainstream" feature for MMOs.
  • Options
    churchilligcchurchilligc Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Most other MMO's have better Dungeon Finder/Content Finder systems as well as better loot tables/drop systems within their dungeons/raids.
  • Options
    pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Not sure how you don't get it : most people don't run dungeons outside of the events, so you'll have a hard time finding people to run those dungeons ? And if it takes you 30min to finally be in a full group (which may be horribly unbalanced btw), maybe next time you'll just pass and do something else.

Maybe join a guild.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    neverhofneverhof Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I am reluctant to run pugs outside of DD until they introduce a vote to kick option. In DD you get loot so your time spent feels rewarded, in pugs outside of DD you are gambling your time unfortunately. Too many kick so they get the loot, rage quit if a boss doesnt just fall over or expect you to know everyboss and every way of skipping content just to get to the purples.

At least in DD you have a higher chance people will stick at it if things go wrong and even offer advice to people that havent been in the instances before. I like dungeons, that is, I like dungeons with friendly people, not just as a loot farm but as part of the game.
  • Options
    dustee071dustee071 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    who cares i grew bored of my cleric since its close ur eyes and cast a circle and my GWF gets kicked from party on sight and is unable to do DD yay.
  • Options
    oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dustee071 wrote: »
    who cares i grew bored of my cleric since its close ur eyes and cast a circle

suuuuuuuure mate
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    oroness wrote: »
    suuuuuuuure mate

This.

It's actually cast your circle THEN close your eyes.

and run around like a headless chicken.