test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Weekly Poll #1

ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey fellow adventurers!

The Community Team is going to be launching a new initiative starting this week to give us another way to voice our opinions.

Each week we will be putting up a poll to let the developers know what we like, what we dislike and what we want improved for the future. The topics will vary week by week and of course we hope to see responses to explain your votes!

What adventure zone is your favorite? Why?
Let us know!

Due to poll limitations some options are not present. Please specify if you vote Other!

Disclaimer: Weekly Polls are not official from PWE or Cryptic.
These polls are run by the Community Team in hopes of spurring feedback for the developers. The results are not promissory.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    helloz2helloz2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 205 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Definitely Sharandar in my opinion.

Excluding the costly or daily advancement on the Campaign, I think it's very creative to have three different sections in the zone that makes the area much wider, which the other zones seem to be lacking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sslothzzsslothzz Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i love sharandar for its vivid colors. it also has the most nasty mobs in this game - these little pesky goblins that dry my action points.
    but where is the poll "What is your most hated adventure zone?" i'd vote mount hotenow instantly :D same landscape on the entire location - i wouldn't be able to find my way without the golden path tracker :confused:
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I like the graveyard :) The theme should have been even darker though. Looking forward to a truly oppressive, claustrophobic and horror themed zone. One with liches&undead that you actually fear, with uberpowerful abilities able to neutralize any unprepared adventurers.

Basically I want some serious, adult stuff.
  • Options
    valasquavalasqua Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I voted for the graveyard, too. The instanced quests there are really good, with different objectives than you see in most of the other zones.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited March 2014
  • Options
    oldkitcholdkitch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    My favorite is Ice Spire Peak. Rough, expansive, visually SWEET and rich.
    Handbasket? I thought this was a spaceship!
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I picked Graveyard for these reasons...

The zone quests are fascinating and creative (such as locating and opening the seals) - I loved the side-quest (I forget what's called) where you try to find a new resting place for the [Lich?]. It also has a LOT of various quest-givers all basically centrally-located. Which brings me to the map itself...

The graveyard zone map is interesting, though there are more beautiful designs elsewhere - but what I'm referring to is that I really like the "hub with spokes" layout; a central "headquarters" then venturing out in a spoke-like fashion to complete each quest. I especially enjoy the way the lighting changes dynamically when heading from the campfire toward the Crypt and Clock Tower - it smoothly, yet quickly changes from gloomy to miserable with a single (weather-looking) lightning flash.

I also enjoyed how some instanced quests were "quick-and-easy", time-wise - what started to look like a 40-minute delve finishes-up in half the time, such as when locating the doom guides - but also the interior designs of the two big quests, Finding Ms. Monini, or is it Minoni <hahaha!> and the Clock Tower itself, where the 'mechanical' goals of starting the clock and setting the time was the BEST.

If only Neverwinter offered a full "replay" feature the way Star Trek Online does, I'd spend a lot of time in Neverdeath over and over on all my characters.

I've played all zones through Hotenow and Neverdeath is still my favorite area and favorite quests. And how can a Giant Gelatinous Cube not be a favorite!? (even with three level 60 characters I still have not been to Sharandar or the Mod 2 zone, so I can judge those areas yet).
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Other: Helm Holds, It's Huge
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I picked Graveyard for these reasons...

A whole lot of awesome stuff that I completely agree with.

The only thing id like to add is...Ditto!
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I voted the Chasm. I love planar themed areas, plus the enemies and environments are very creative and unique. The storyline was very good as well.

Edit: I should mention that I do love the Lich's Lament quest, but it is just one quest that takes about two minutes, and the rest of the zone consists of fighting some very common enemies. Now if it was favorite quest...
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    asmodeus451asmodeus451 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i voted Graveyard

why?

Because every time i'm leveling an alt, the ONE quest i really look forward to is A Lich's Lament

we need more humorous quests in this game!
    Tenebris lux mea est
  • Options
    cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Icespire Peak, special elite mobs, nice terrain, hidden places/quests/route, unique achivnement (dunno if it works now) and climate. Journey to the peak is quite something (crossing bridge/axe, arrival at peak), it is the only zone I felt that I reached something and had much fun.
    PS next would be sharandar but it simply annoyed me with campaign system
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I chose Chasm mainly because I think it has the best storyline after the Spellplague quests in your teens -- because it is a continuation of that storyline. You catch up with the Linklatters, and you see how the plague has affected so many soldiers.

I find it quite emotionally affecting. (Yes, I'm a girl.)
  • Options
    zdaddyozdaddyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 73
    edited March 2014
    I voted for Dread Ring mainly for the link to Thay. The Phantasmal Fortress is my favorite solo dungeon, totally well done. Bringing back Wilfred was great in the Forge. Totally unexpected. Though my favorite quest is "A Lich's Lament", I'll still go for Dread Ring.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    sslothzz wrote: »
    but where is the poll "What is your most hated adventure zone?"

Maybe another week! :)
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Velosk - best dungeons
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    I love Neverdeath as well, but I think it does need to be a little reworked. I like the "hub with spokes" aspect of it too, but I don't like having to keep running back to the same spoke 3 times after leaving the hub. Let me have every quest for that little area then come back, and I will be happy. It also has some of the best rewards in the game. And A Lich's Lament quest is so hilarious and awesome. The whole team that did that area should get a raise.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    if I may joke about it, seems people at cryptic put all the effort of their lives in the neverwinter graveyard and then just said, good job everyone can go home now and one dude will do whatever on Mt. hotenow.

Neverwitner graveyard, specially the clockwork tomb area is awesome is the most beautifull and well made area in the entire game and the only one I really liked to explore every inch of it. a big world boss there would be GREAT!

Mt. Hotenow is the worst, the latter part is not that bad but still...

I would love more exploration on the game or at least a upgrade in the protectors enclave, the city is too **** small!!! learn from champions online that millennium city is awesome :D
  • Options
    hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sharandar, mostly because it reminds me a lot of the Croatoa zone in City of Heroes .... man I miss that game.
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Protector's Enclave scores 10 out of 10 because it has both kobolds and mailboxes. Sharandar is higher quality, but lacks both kobolds and mailboxes, so after mandatory deductions it gets an 8.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for all the feedback everybody!

I was expecting Graveyard to be a huge hit but I wasn't expecting the results we have thus far.

Moreover I think it is awesome some of you are pointing out the quality of the storyline more so than the rewards as a main facotr. That's great to hear but something I wasn't quite expecting.

Keep it coming! :)
  • Options
    nostradunwhichnostradunwhich Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    valasqua wrote: »
    I voted for the graveyard, too. The instanced quests there are really good, with different objectives than you see in most of the other zones.

Especially the "Lich's final resting place" quest. That is the sort of creative quest we need more of in Neverwinter! I liked the various story threads woven through the adventures and the clockwork dungeon is wonderful.

Dread Ring was a close second, especially the Phantasmal Fortress. That place is outstanding! The Lich quest was the deciding factor :)

(edited to include Dread Ring comment)
  • Options
    nostradunwhichnostradunwhich Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    two30 wrote: »
    Protector's Enclave scores 10 out of 10 because it has both kobolds and mailboxes. Sharandar is higher quality, but lacks both kobolds and mailboxes, so after mandatory deductions it gets an 8.

I wish the campaign maps had mail service, why can't there be a courier like the one near the auction area?
  • Options
    arsonall82arsonall82 Member Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014

Moreover I think it is awesome some of you are pointing out the quality of the storyline more so than the rewards as a main factor. That's great to hear but something I wasn't quite expecting.

I don't play the game for rewards, I play for content. If the rewards allow me to continue progressing, great, but to say that an expectation of favor towards an area is based on rewards is demeaning to the player base.
  • Options
    arsonall82arsonall82 Member Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I wish the campaign maps had mail service, why can't there be a courier like the one near the auction area?

because PWE doesn't want PE to become dead. The only reason the majority of players are in PE is because you have to be there.

Dailies can be done via "L" in UI, same with AH, Wonderous bazaar. The bank and the mail are exclusive to PE, and if they weren't, the feeling of a population would dissipate.

Not saying I don't agree, but that's at least the reasoning I heard.
  • Options
    thebrimanthebriman Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I was torn between Graveyard and Sharandar. In the end, I voted for Sharandar for the same reasons that others have mentioned: it's visually impressive, I like the three distinct "sub-zones" that all look and feel a little different from the others, and it has nice variety in the types of enemies and associated tactics. Well, and it's one of the few places where a halfling riding a giant stag doesn't look too out of place :)

But I will say that Clockwork Tower is probably my favorite lair in the game, and the overall storyline in the Graveyard is a lot of fun to play through.
  • Options
    asmodeus451asmodeus451 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    thebriman wrote: »
    But I will say that Clockwork Tower is probably my favorite lair in the game, and the overall storyline in the Graveyard is a lot of fun to play through.

funnily enough, despite my voting for Graveyard, Clockwork Tower is my LEAST favorite lair.

it IS visually and thematically stunning, BUT i have started referring to it as "Let-Down Lair."

anyone who's played it can probably guess why
    Tenebris lux mea est
  • Options
    cadwallendercadwallender Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I voted for "Vellosk", it has a storyline that can parallel U.S. history and has an environment that has very interesting variety.

I am always disappointed though, it seems shorter than some of the other zones and hopefully future play will expand this area.

"Sharandar and Dread Ring" has so many areas that play just goes on enjoyably. Though this list maybe should have included lower zones and not these upper zones as some more casual players haven't reached the L 60 milestone.

Truthfully, all the zones play well and the story for each fit the prior or next zone so the theme continues. I enjoy kicking the c%*p out of the "Rime Hound" and having the "Scalefather" chase me around while beating on him with my weakest attacks just to make him suffer!
    The Master Teaches:

"Every Attack Can Become a Defense"
    "Any Defense Can Be Made An Attack"

Lethalla L 60 "Stealth" TR

You Don't Hear the One With Your Name On It

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]