test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This **Game** needs updates BADLY

zarchoszarchos Member Posts: 47
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
WE need the following badly

- New Classes
- New Content
- Content that doesn't suck
- Classes that don't suck
- GWF and GF need to be useful and not useless
- Aggro fixed correctly in game
- Raids
- Better itemization, too much junk out there
- Fix the **** exploits, it makes you look terrible PWE
- More customization

Come on PWE this is getting out of hand, I see meaningless patch after meaningless patch with NO REAL substance at all. You guys are TERRIBLE communicating on what you're really working on, the producers letter does NOT put this community's mind at ease.!!!
Post edited by zarchos on

Comments

• laudon1laudon1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    QQ more plz. How do you expect them to do it all instantly?
    Lemonade Stand.
    Dragon Guild
  • hadershdhadershd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1: Free game
    2: Content is being worked on
    3: Bugfixes are regular
    4: It's a ****ing beta = TESTING PHASE
    5: Moaning won't help
    Stop being a little *****, they're working as hard as they can, and all they get from the players is complaining.
  • zarchoszarchos Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    hadershd wrote: »
    1: Free game
    2: Content is being worked on
    3: Bugfixes are regular
    4: It's a ****ing beta = TESTING PHASE
    5: Moaning won't help
    Stop being a little *****, they're working as hard as they can, and all they get from the players is complaining.

I don't see tangible results at all, all I see are garbage patches that are exploit fixes. NO NEW CONTENT HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE GAME, except stupid cash shop stuff.

Add that to the list

- LOWER zen prices immediately.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    You should find this news article fairly informative. ;)
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    stay positive :D ... perhaps
  • iamphausiamphaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    laudon1 wrote: »
    QQ more plz. How do you expect them to do it all instantly?

We've had more zen store updates than class updates. That says a lot.

Also @hadershd, testing phase where people are getting banned left right and center for the most minuscule thing. Ok lol, "testing"
    Common sense is hard to come by around here it seems..
  • isopointisopoint Member Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    iamphaus wrote: »

Also @hadershd, testing phase where people are getting banned left right and center for the most minuscule thing. Ok lol, "testing"

I would think making a class is a lot more difficult then some store items.

No we don't need it that badly and they said they are working on it. They could've just kept it closed you know.
  • iamphausiamphaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    isopoint wrote: »
    I would think making a class is a lot more difficult then some store items.

No we don't need it that badly and they said they are working on it. They could've just kept it closed you know.

OP mentioned multiple things, not just new classes.
    Common sense is hard to come by around here it seems..
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013

I doubt they make zen items "on time", I rather say it was premade and stay hidden till now
  • isopointisopoint Member Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    OP mentioned multiple things, not just new classes.

What does that matter. I was responding to your snide comment about more store updates. Every single thing the op said was mentioned in the dev post anyways. You can't speed it up no matter how much you cry about it. It's better then nothing.
  • ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zarchos wrote: »

...or what? You'll cry?
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    ...or what? You'll cry?

lol... doubt anyone is crying, most have just up and gone "meh" and walked out the virtual door xD and yeah I know, I know

"good riddance, he was a QQ'er etc etc etc"

But just remember, if in a few months the game is still waiting on needed fixes, all these antagonistic posts will come back to bite you in the *** potentially. Just some food for thought.
    edited May 2013
    Well, so I'll move to another game, big deal. Though likely the people will whine and just go back to playing, happens everywhere.

My antagonism is not so much to complaints but to people acting like dicks. The only times you get something by yelling "I want it now!" is if you're 10 and your parents are weak, or if you're female without a partner :p
  • jlanderjlander Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't see tangible results at all, all I see are garbage patches that are exploit fixes. NO NEW CONTENT HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE GAME, except stupid cash shop stuff.

Add that to the list

The reason they release Zen shop items at the pace they do compared to balance/new classes/etc is because its probably a whole lot easier putting a bottle of dye in the game than making a new class/balance changes and whole new zones. It also gives them money (a company wanting money, gasp!!!, say it aint so) which they will use a part of to fund new content.

Also, the games been out like a month, calm down, they will release new stuff soon enough. Just need some patients.
    edited May 2013
    Well, so I'll move to another game, big deal. Though likely the people will whine and just go back to playing, happens everywhere.

My antagonism is not so much to complaints but to people acting like dicks. The only times you get something by yelling "I want it now!" is if you're 10 and your parents are weak, or if you're female without a partner :p

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm by far not a "one sided sid" on this, I do understand where you're coming from, It's just I've seen more than enough folks defending games and then a few weeks later they suddenly realize the alleged slippery slope complaints were just going by predictions based on the archetype company in charge. And then it basically makes a mockery of all the defending they did, I however share your dislike of the silly posts that seem to demand and threaten. But can't exactly see why folks are not more empathetic with folks who are clearly just fed up with watching some insanely obvious mistakes go by with little or no effect on some players defending the game save for the goto answers which always irk the bloody hell out of me

"it's in beta" etc etc.

Or the outright flawed arguments, the straw man arguments the continual reminder that it's free, as if free should equal badly designed etc etc etc. It's those guys that IMHO are far far far far far far far worse than the obvious spoiled latchkey kids that scream and demand and QQ. The pseudo shills if you will, are so much more silly.
  • dreadlegacydreadlegacy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013

Add that to the list

Read the main page on the website skippy.

Of course, fixing issues isn’t the only thing we’re doing. We’ve got a lot of new content in the works that we definitely feel will take Neverwinter to the next level. Right now, we’re putting the final touches on some new end game content: Gauntlgrym. It will be our first raid-sized, competitive PvP/PvE experience, and our current goal is to release it to OBT within a few weeks. On top of that, we’ve also got new companions, zones, mounts, mechanics, Paragon Paths, and a new class. I can’t share the details about the new class just yet, but as a hint, it’s going to be a “ranged” one. So, while our engineers, testers, and other team members are addressing maintenance, upkeep, bugs, and network issues, our content creators and artists are working on lots of new things for the game.

We also have a lot of updates in the works for the Foundry. It's been great to see our players helping each other out, sharing their missions in our brand-new Foundry Spotlight forums, and contributing to the Official Wiki. Right now we're bringing in more player-requested assets, along with expanded functionality for three dimensional editing. We're also working to better organize missions in the catalog and aggregate legitimate peer feedback.

On the Gateway side, we’re continually fixing bugs and optimizing the mobile experience. We’re also adding more functionality to it to give you more ways to develop your character, interact with other players, and manage your character’s various areas of progression.

Finally, we’ve got a few big surprises coming with Module 1, which we plan to share more info about very soon!

As we get closer to the official launch of Neverwinter, we plan to keep working hard to identify and address issues on a daily basis. On behalf of the entire Neverwinter team, I want to send out a huge THANK YOU to our fans who have participated in the Open Beta with us, and who have shown their support for our game. Having worked on the game for the past several years, it means a lot to us to see so many people enjoying our game, and engaging with us on our social channels.

I hope this update helps share a little more info about what’s going on over here on the dev side. If you have more questions or would like to share your feedback regarding what you’d like to see in Neverwinter, feel free to post them here!

Click here to register for Neverwinter, the free-to-play Dungeons & Dragons MMORPG. The best part about Neverwinter: it's free to play! Become a Hero of the North today with a Founder's Pack purchase!

founderspack founder neverwinter

Want more game details, screens, and videos? Like Neverwinter on Facebook for more fan-exclusive content and follow us on Twitter – tweet us your questions! And, subscribe to our YouTube channel for the latest Neverwinter videos.
    edited May 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    Oh don't get me wrong, I'm by far not a "one sided sid" on this, I do understand where you're coming from, It's just I've seen more than enough folks defending games and then a few weeks later they suddenly realize the alleged slippery slope complaints were just going by predictions based on the archetype company in charge. And then it basically makes a mockery of all the defending they did, I however share your dislike of the silly posts that seem to demand and threaten. But can't exactly see why folks are not more empathetic with folks who are clearly just fed up with watching some insanely obvious mistakes go by with little or no effect on some players defending the game save for the goto answers which always irk the bloody hell out of me

"it's in beta" etc etc.

Or the outright flawed arguments, the straw man arguments the continual reminder that it's free, as if free should equal badly designed etc etc etc. It's those guys that IMHO are far far far far far far far worse than the obvious spoiled latchkey kids that scream and demand and QQ. The pseudo shills if you will, are so much more silly.

Well, in that case I'll admit I was wrong and move on. So far, I see no need to worry, as they do appear to actually be working on stuff.

The "free" argument is less of a "free=bad", and more of a "nothing's stopping you from waiting it out if you don't like how it is now". In fact, a few of my friends did try it, liked it but said "I'll give em time to fix it and add more content and come back then". This is perfectly normal in a F2P game.
  • mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »

You can toss in the people who say anything to try shut down discussion, the people who do everything they can to derail a thread, and there is another tactic that doesn't seem to have made it's way here yet.

Personally I have always thought that the pseudo shills were actually real shills. Cryptic always seems to have a high ratio of community management, board moderators to actual community events, official board activity.
  • iluvatarrulesiluvatarrules Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ...or what? You'll cry?

Although I don't agree with pointless QQing I gather that you are a cleric? If so I would suggest rolling a GWF or a GF and try to enjoy this game. After being kicked, called useless and been unable to find any parties for T2 content come here again and share your opinions with us without the attitude.

Thanks
    edited May 2013
    The cryptic CM's never have anything meaningful to say, it'd just hot air.
  • cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And I thought I complained about Cryptic/PWE. And least I don't whine about new content while the game is still in open beta, lol.

I'll agree that the patch releases have been sparse for fixing the serious issues with Neverwinter. I can only hope they bring forth a huge update that fixes everything bug reported a thousand times over. As for content... well, OP, go play Foundry quests. Review and tip. Better yet, create some Foundry content yourself.

And $5 says the OP is one of those players who rates Foundry quests with 1 star and leaves comments like "not enough loot".
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Considering how completely <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> the companion ai continues to be, it's safe to say that not a lot of work is going into the new ones. Don't freak out.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
    edited May 2013
    My biggest issue is there isn't anything concrete inwhat cryptic is working on. The patches that keep coming through are really bad.
    edited May 2013
    Although I don't agree with pointless QQing I gather that you are a cleric? If so I would suggest rolling a GWF or a GF and try to enjoy this game. After being kicked, called useless and been unable to find any parties for T2 content come here again and share your opinions with us without the attitude.

Thanks
    I've rolled a GF alt, and I'm enjoying it immensely. I haven't been on my cleric in a week, other than to invoke and craft.

I'm immune to bad pugs - "ignore and move" on is always an option. There's a plenty of nice people and good players in this game.
    edited May 2013
    Well, in that case I'll admit I was wrong and move on. So far, I see no need to worry, as they do appear to actually be working on stuff.

The "free" argument is less of a "free=bad", and more of a "nothing's stopping you from waiting it out if you don't like how it is now". In fact, a few of my friends did try it, liked it but said "I'll give em time to fix it and add more content and come back then". This is perfectly normal in a F2P game.

Nah, you weren't "wrong" at all really, the asinine complaints and demands ARE over the top and they make anyone with half a brain and some issue with the game look idiotic. However given the current direction and massive amounts of bugs, exploits and that stealth change to stamina, making it server sided and causing problems, I wouldn't advise anyone with any sort of rational mind, and you seem a good candidate to be considered one of the few rational people here btw, to defend Cryptic at all.

Til I see better, any defenses I throw towards Cryptic will be along the lines of:

"they're probably being told to handle it that way by PWE"

Lack of transparency is a MASSIVE thing, and should never be sacrificed for anything, yet that change and the various issues with GF, have me really lacking confidence in this games dev team. Tanks are people too ya know :P
  • arysta01arysta01 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game is such a racket. It must be the most profitable beta test in history.
  • askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WE need the following badly

- New Classes
    - New Content
    - Content that doesn't suck
    - Classes that don't suck
    - GWF and GF need to be useful and not useless
    - Aggro fixed correctly in game
    - Raids
    - Better itemization, too much junk out there
    - Fix the **** exploits, it makes you look terrible PWE
    - More customization

Come on PWE this is getting out of hand, I see meaningless patch after meaningless patch with NO REAL substance at all. You guys are TERRIBLE communicating on what you're really working on, the producers letter does NOT put this community's mind at ease.!!!

If you haven't noticed by now:

1) This game reeks of under-staffing
    2) They are only focusing on game bugs that directly impact their pipeline of Zen sales....
  • cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2) They are only focusing on game bugs that directly impact their pipeline of Zen sales....

That's my biggest fear. I've reserved giving them a dime because of this. I know Cryptic's failed past with STO and CO, so I'm reserving judgement until I see what they eventually do with Neverwinter. So far, over-hyped, over-marketed, under-developed.

The saving grace right now is the Foundry, but even that is riddled with bugs. It's ripped from STO and tweaked instead of built specifically for Neverwinter, hence many of the issues. I'll certainly give them time, may be a month or two after launch to see what eventually gets resolved. Right now the record is pretty shameful. Notice how they took the servers offline for almost a whole day while they patched an AD exploit, but don't make it a priority to patch other glaring and game-breaking bugs.

I'd like to see something impressive from them before I consider supporting them as a paying customer. In the mean time I'm enjoying my Foundry work while I wait.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's my biggest fear. I've reserved giving them a dime because of this. I know Cryptic's failed past with STO and CO, so I'm reserving judgement until I see what they eventually do with Neverwinter. So far, over-hyped, over-marketed, under-developed.

The saving grace right now is the Foundry, but even that is riddled with bugs. It's ripped from STO and tweaked instead of built specifically for Neverwinter, hence many of the issues. I'll certainly give them time, may be a month or two after launch to see what eventually gets resolved. Right now the record is pretty shameful. Notice how they took the servers offline for almost a whole day while they patched an AD exploit, but don't make it a priority to patch other glaring and game-breaking bugs.

I'd like to see something impressive from them before I consider supporting them as a paying customer. In the mean time I'm enjoying my Foundry work while I wait.

I've learned my lesson. Cryptic/PWE now join EA on my blacklist of company's I won't ever buy from again. I've already told all my buddies I won't be playing BF4 as much as I was stoked about it, after Sim City Im done with EA.

After this pile of horse dung I'm done with Cryptic/EA.
    edited May 2013
    If you haven't noticed by now:

1) This game reeks of under-staffing

This is 100% true the developers that are working on content keep getting pulled into bug fixes and exploit emergencies.