Install Arc
Options

Two 24 Hour Chat Bans In A Row After Typing 1 Line In Zone Chat Each Time

Comments

• Options
    joewoodcutter1joewoodcutter1 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    caucxican wrote: »
    I implore anyone who is arguing that this system is working just fine to simply reply to this thread with your @handle

@antispambotnumber1
  • Options
    quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The OP can be satisfied now.
    Those 40 people will get severe penalties for wrongfully reporting him, that is if they abused the system....

Except that you can get chat banned simply because people are "Ignoring" you; that's not a report. There shouldn't ever be such a thing as a wrongful Ignore. That should be a choice everyone is free to make for themselves.
  • Options
    joewoodcutter1joewoodcutter1 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    quorforged wrote: »
    Except that you can get chat banned simply because people are "Ignoring" you; that's not a report. There shouldn't ever be such a thing as a wrongful Ignore. That should be a choice everyone is free to make for themselves.

People arent ignoring someone because he made a nice comment or conversation in chat.
    And there is no such thing as wrongful ignore.
  • Options
    chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    MMOs have gotten to the point where players can rules lawyer what other players can and cant do with no third party objective source monitoring the issue. Griefing is WAI. If you want all the loot in the dungeon just kick everyone else out. If you disagree with someone on the forums, just tell your guildies to flag them as spam. How they thought this would not get abused.....well.....

Yeah spammers need to be dealt with, but give MMOers a griefing tool, and they WILL use it.
  • Options
    zepheazephea Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do you have a revolting character name? I have placed one person with the name "Cuntsable" on ignore immediately I saw them.
    ~*~ Sparkles! ~*~

The MMO may change but the inventory tetris stays the same.
  • Options
    caucxicancaucxican Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    zephea wrote: »
    Do you have a revolting character name? I have placed one person with the name "Cuntsable" on ignore immediately I saw them.

Nope. Just Caucxican which is just a splicing of Caucasian and Mexican.
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    People arent ignoring someone because he made a nice comment or conversation in chat.
    And there is no such thing as wrongful ignore.

OF COURSE NOT YOU SILLY GIT. But there ARE wrongful silences that stem FROM the broken ignore function. Jesus Christ. You seriously can't be that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    swamprobswamprob Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    There's about 3000 people online in Protector's Enclave right now on Dragon. All it takes is 21 of them to ignore or report spam someone to silence them for 24hrs. Less than 1%. Clearly everyone that gets silenced deserves it and the system is working as intended /rolls_eyes

This. I that number should be 121, and the ban shouldn't apply to team chat or guild chat.

Personally, I rarely report anyone except Goldsellers, or very extreme language posts. However, I do frequently put people on ignore.
  • Options
    swamprobswamprob Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ... all I said was

WTS [Enchanted Key] 30g

..., got reported and silenced.

This is the other part of the problem. Lots of players want to buy and sell items for gold. There needs to be a secondary AH for this.
  • Options
    j0mberwakij0mberwaki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    WTB ability to create new chat window and ability to move chats into said new chat window, plz.
    4895b885-3d65-48d2-9eb2-d940289d7be4_zps8e4ae678.jpg
    WTB Big-Giant Robot Camels, tbh...
  • Options
    zophie#5279 zophie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    j0mberwaki wrote: »
    WTB ability to create new chat window and ability to move chats into said new chat window, plz.

You can very easily create custom chat tabs and hand pick everything that goes into each one. I made a second tab with everything in it except for Zone chat. So if I need to filter down to just guild, party, and whispers, without cluttering it up with zone spam, I can just switch to the other tab.

You can also add custom chat channels. You can add "trade" - which is used by a lot of people - and stick it in it's own tab, very handy. The other benefit of adding and using the custom trade channel this way is you know that most people who use it are at least semi-serious since they took the time to do this instead of just spamming Zone chat.

Good luck!
  • Options
    lariandesalverlariandesalver Member Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    Well my priority aint even spammers, more like scammers and gold sellers. All the scum that damages this game will get insta reported.

But I can understand that people report others for more then that and those rules on STO dont apply here before they make it clear for NW. Different games different rules. Even if the system is the same.

I would understand if someone reported another for having an offensive name, too. Or for caps, multiple sentences etc.. Just apply common sense in character creation and dont call yourself noobbasher5000 or write in Caps or write too often and you wont get chatbanned. I think those guilds banning people from chat with intent are a myth. In a group of 10 theres always one with common sense, too. And I would report my own guild if they started doing that.
  • Options
    necronomniconnecronomnicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Simple question: Is it not proper grammar to type acronyms in all caps? If so, doesn't that mean that my heinous infraction was by capitalizing the word "Experienced"?

4 1/2 weeks into the game and "experienced" in end game content for weeks, that means a foundry exploiter or quest sharing exploiter. That is why the word "experienced" gets you reported, especially since it also makes you seem snotty and elitist. which exploiters often are, since anyone not a cheater is a hinderance to the typical sociopath.

Today I began reporting every "experienced" I see in a game that hasn't finished a complete month since launch yet, since I've been muted for nothing numerous times already and I wasn't a cheater up until now, oh well the game is just barely out about month now. obvious exploiters regardless of their point of view about it.
    So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear,
    Farewell remorse; all good to me is lost.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • Options
    caucxicancaucxican Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    4 1/2 weeks into the game and "experienced" in end game content for weeks, that means a foundry exploiter or quest sharing exploiter. That is why the word "experienced" gets you reported, especially since it also makes you seem snotty and elitist. which exploiters often are, since anyone not a cheater is a hinderance to the typical sociopath.

Today I began reporting every "experienced" I see in a game that hasn't finished a complete month since launch yet, since I've been muted for nothing numerous times already and I wasn't a cheater up until now, oh well the game is just barely out about month now. obvious exploiters regardless of their point of view about it.

Are you mental? Experienced being said while LFG for a CN group means that I have completed the dungeon before. IE: I have experienced the end of the dungeon I am LFG for. I never said I was experienced for weeks. Did you make that up?

Also, how dare you accuse me of exploitation or quest sharing to reach end-game. I quested all the way to 60 with long play sessions after Open Beta released. I am a veteran hardcore MMO player and rushing to the end-game content is what I find enjoyable the most. Tier 2 dungeons are easy as hell with my group and CN isn't even really a lot of end-game content.

What happened here is that you took your own experience with slow leveling time probably from playing a few hours a day and look at me like I must have cheated. I work from home 4 hours a day and have the rest of the day to do as I please.
  • Options
    phoenixrte69phoenixrte69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here, got my second 24hrs Ban in a row last night...
    Tomorrow I am proceeding with Paypal for a Refund/Chargeback. Looks like that on top to be greedy [Redacted], PWE also has shady policies concerning Refund o.O
  • Options
    almostsk8trxalmostsk8trx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You shouldn't charge back because of a chat block.. Although maybe that would finally send a message that the system is flawed now that $$ is involved.
  • Options
    silknightsilknight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 199
    edited May 2013
    So many bad people in this thread, blocking caps is a stupid offense. Blocking spamming is another story, but caps blocking is just plain wrong and people banning for no good reason should get reverse bans on them.
  • Options
    jaz182jaz182 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013

This mind is on one track, and one track only.

My way, or i'm reporting you.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    silknight wrote: »
    So many bad people in this thread, blocking caps is a stupid offense. Blocking spamming is another story, but caps blocking is just plain wrong and people banning for no good reason should get reverse bans on them.

It doesn't help that sprint is next to capslock, and once in a while in a frantic fight you can hit capslock while trying to mash sprint moving around a lot and not even realize it if you tend to look at the keyboard when you type sometimes lol. that did not happen before eithe rof the times I was muted, btw. those were all undercase phrases. IDk I'm seriously considering what the paypal guy said as my highest is a gwf, the game is imba, there are no optional zones to level different characters in beside the ones that get old the first time or afk pvp bottingand people shouldnt have to create new characters or have fun doing nothing anyways. game is so broken lol. i have gotten so many laughs over how broken and imbalanced it is. the fact that they were asking for money from people before the game was even fair , balanced & playable is unacceptable. now I have to deal with not even being able to mail a goddamned bag to my own account to send it to an alt, absolutely ridiculous. i was considering if I get the mute yet again like this, to do what the other guy said baout the dispute, but will be nearing the 45 days soon and I don't wanna wind up waiting past it just to have a day later being muted again and some other crazy exploit, bug, or nerf ruin things even more. I honestly believe a lot of double digit IQ, unexperienced people made this game, or a bunch of chimpanzees

EDIT: couldn't be chimpanzees, gwf would be playable & the game would have less bugs. chimps love attention, so theyw ouldn't allow people to be muted for a day at a time for having a keyboard either. it has to be human beings who made this game, but I admit I was skeptical for a while.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Same here, got my second 24hrs Ban in a row last night...
    Tomorrow I am proceeding with Paypal for a Refund/Chargeback. Looks like that on top to be greedy [Redacted], PWE also has shady policies concerning Refund o.O

What do you mean by shady policies? You probably wouldn't get a reply from them anyways, game breaking bugs weren't fixed that were reported for weeks, others who have also spent money have been wrongfully banned and not gotten a response in about a week in some cases according to some people so I doubt you even get a response unless it was n automated 'refund denied' thing sent whenever someone inquires. It's closing ont he end of the dispute period for me by now, so I may wind up doing the same tomorrow. If I'm muted again tomorrow, i will instantly hop on paypal and do it. the mutes are my last straw, not even able to MAIL MYSELF. wtf.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • Options
    corleone33corleone33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    argonac wrote: »
    Now watch a new form of DOS-attack: Log in 21 accounts and report everyone for spam...

qft and /10char
  • Options
    pregnablepregnable Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Two days in a row of 24 hour chat bans for me. The second one, which happened last night, was when I said "EXPERIENCED TR LFG CN" literally just 1 time.

I sent in GM tickets both times hoping that someone in their support department at least skims over the subjects of incoming tickets and fixes small issues like this if possible. I have received no replies or emails and will probably just play a different game just like I did during the first 24 hours. I exclusively PVE and found it impossible to get into a dungeon group while being silenced (Everyone knows how LFG tool is broken with who it groups you with).

In my experience as a paying customer. The company running this game has the WORST service I have ever experienced. Not only is the service bad, it is non-existent in my case! I had a previous ticket about a separate item issue closed with no resolution at all.

I have never had a company make me this upset before. I have been tempted to chargeback all I spent on this game, but I don't because my account would get banned and I'm optimistic that they can fix this game with all its bugs/exploits months down the line.

EDIT: Before people start saying I'm lying and must have been spamming obscenities, let me just say that my posting here is not going to get me unmuted. You guys cannot fix this issue. So why should I lie? I decided to post this in the regular forums after seeing people having similar issues in the Neverwinter Reddit found here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1fcdkt/anyone_else_getting_muted_for_spamming_when_you/

RESPONSE: Alright. I took a short nap and came back to see what sprouted. I saw a few people trying to be funny. To the people saying I deserved it for being in capslock: Zone chat was getting spammed to hell with caplocks as usual. I also happen to believe that capslock on short sentences is OK. (Especially one that had 3 acronyms and 1 whole word)

As much as you hate capslocks, I have essentially been blocked from playing this game for 48 hours. Understand that If I log back in tomorrow and get a 24 hour ban again, by less than 1% of the thousands of players that play this game just because they don't like what I said or the sentence nomenclature, I will end up having been banned for the SAME amount of time as the people who got caught exploiting and ruining this game.

TL;DR

Look, this game is not pay to win. You are just paying to get advantages over free players.

If you do not want to be bad at the game, all you have to do is pay money. No big deal. Jobs are easy.

I am just tired of seeing people bash a good company that does a good game with good money systems.

And before anyone bashes me, just think about what your mother would say to you if you were to say something bad about me and then she heard you and was like why did you say that and you were like oh no mom did you hear that and she was like yeah and so you were like oh man it was really not worth saying those things about that guy and a game that is good.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pregnable wrote: »
    TL;DR

Look, this game is not pay to win. You are just paying to get advantages over free players.

If you do not want to be bad at the game, all you have to do is pay money. No big deal. Jobs are easy.

I am just tired of seeing people bash a good company that does a good game with good money systems.

And before anyone bashes me, just think about what your mother would say to you if you were to say something bad about me and then she heard you and was like why did you say that and you were like oh no mom did you hear that and she was like yeah and so you were like oh man it was really not worth saying those things about that guy and a game that is good.

Out of everything I said, you honed in on the part of me saying I was a paying customer? OK that's is fine. Let me clarify. I bought the $60 founders pack. omg +3 mount and founders title is so pay to win right?!

You are so naive to think that a major company with hundreds of employees and thousands of customers is a "good company" just because YOU have had zero issues so far. You feel so strongly about this that you feel compelled to talk down to anyone who comes forward to say they got screwed. Lets be realistic here. Even with the best companies in the world, sometimes customers have very bad experiences. In this case, it happens to be many people who feel strongly enough to come on the internet to share their story. Even if it means being trolled or made fun of by oblivious people living in a dream world where they treat big companies as if it was one entity or person who can't possibly be fallible because your experience has been fine so far. This is a case of buyer beware, and I am putting my story out there with the sea of others to hopefully have an effect.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    argonac wrote: »
    Now watch a new form of DOS-attack: Log in 21 accounts and report everyone for spam...

That sad thing is that a simple google search turned up AHK scripts and bots designed to do just this already. Give people a tool that lets them be a jerk and they will make scripts and bots to be jerks more efficiently. :(
  • Options
    traciatim1traciatim1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    ali495 wrote: »
    Really? You guys really think a 24 hour ban is just for writing a line in caps?

Yes, we do.
  • Options
    traciatim1traciatim1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    ....If it was up to me, I'd remove the capslock key from every keyboard.

This, the game should block all caps messages already and just auto-ban the person sending it to save time and space on ignore lists.
  • Options
    iluvatarrulesiluvatarrules Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    boldwins wrote: »
    You got what you deserved.
    The system works great.
    It takes 21 spam reports to get 24 hour muted.
    If 21 people thing you are spamming you clearly are.
    start using the AH and quit spamming our zone chat.

lol what? 21 people among thousands? These can easily be 21 people that are having a bad day m8. 21 people that have one power:to report
    Do you really believe that people wouldn't report a poor guy that uses caps just to get noticed among all the spam in chat? I think there are enough people that would do that out of spite. And they do:D
  • Options
    almostsk8trxalmostsk8trx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agreed with post above. Chat block system is flawed... Can we please get a NW/Cryptic representative to address this issue..
  • Options
    suaffeksuaffek Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "lfm spellplague" x2 = ban 24h