test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Might wanna read: Perma-Bans for using certain words.

cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Member Posts: 2,569 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Off Topic
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=702731

I'll let this speak for itself.

Just thought you guys would want a heads-up. Please ask your Devs to look into this.
Post edited by cybersoldier1981 on

Comments

• werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    link broken
    21.jpg
  • undeadcrabbundeadcrabb Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yup. Broken.
    Folow me on Deviant art! ;)
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Member Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fixed, thanks for pointing this out.
  • aetharburnaetharburn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    Funny. Can't say I'm surprised.

"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality."
  • j0mberwakij0mberwaki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ....... what.
    4895b885-3d65-48d2-9eb2-d940289d7be4_zps8e4ae678.jpg
    WTB Big-Giant Robot Camels, tbh...
  • ladybedlamladybedlam Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow...that's all I can say is wow.
    There is a fine line between genius and insanity....I have replaced that line with a trout!
  • necronomniconnecronomnicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, it's a good thing I somehow got the 24 hour mute bug (exploit? likely since this imba game has drawn so many snots and ******bags that enjoy trolling people) in enclave when not even saying anything except asking somethin once in there for the second time in 2 weeks. yet I see the spammers pasting their **** over and over again repeatedly for minutes ****, gotta be either a bug, or a bunch of ******bags deliberately exploiting yet another broken assinine featur eof this game to troll peopleto the point they can't even mail their bag of holding between alts. ridiculous. But now I see I'M the lucky one, a 24 hour mute for absolutely no reason versus a perma ban for absolutely no reason, god this game is so exciting, i feel like I'm walking on a tight rope by just logging in sometimes
    So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear,
    Farewell remorse; all good to me is lost.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont see the issue. ... a small price to pay to keep the likes of those illegal sites at bay.

Did you see pwebranflakes's reply later in the thread?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=10317131&postcount=30

I quote: "Players are given a detailed warning stating what they did wrong, and to not do it again, before being banned -- continuing to do it past the warning will cause the ban. The warning is there for a reason "

Let's put the blame where it belongs on the illegally operating websites that aggressively market to cheaters/exploiters that necessitate security measures to protect Cryptic's property and its clients (all of us.)

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • realpureshadowrealpureshadow Member Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    Rule #1 of Cryptic, don't talk about gold selling.
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I dont see the issue. ... a small price to pay to keep the likes of those illegal sites at bay.

Did you see pwebranflakes's reply later in the thread?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=10317131&postcount=30

I quote: "Players are given a detailed warning stating what they did wrong, and to not do it again, before being banned -- continuing to do it past the warning will cause the ban. The warning is there for a reason "

Let's put the blame where it belongs on the illegally operating websites that aggressively market to cheaters/exploiters that necessitate security measures to protect Cryptic's property and its clients (all of us.)

I am literally shocked you are trying to spin doctor this.

Someone literally typed in "I started my day by cutting off 3mm from my dresser legs.", and that got him banned. Right then and there. No "warnings by email" or anything. You can say what you want, but I know this guy personally. Anything you say other than "sometimes the system does catch people wrongfully" or "the system is indeed broken and needs to be looked into" is total balderdash, good sir.

Personally, I have removed zone chat from my chat tabs and I don't see any RMT spam at all. It was a far easier and less painful solution than Cryptic's four year old policy on "letting players police themselves" which, for the record, has been abused in the previous two games and is now rife here.

Again, personally, the ignore feature is just fine. There's no need for players to be able to silence ANYONE. At all. Ever. Such authority and power is best left to game admins and the like. I've suggested it time and again, as well as other people all across the Cryptic game forums. Strip the silencing function from the report spam and ignore options. Leave every other part of it.

And before it can be said that "it's too deeply imbedded in the coding".....then if it is, strip the entire coding out and replace it with one that works. Hey, Cryptic developed City of Heroes, and that game had no such features. Report spam and ignore did nothing to silence anyone. Port it on over. I bet dollars to donuts it'd work fine. If not, I'm perfectly willing to play the game without a chat system until something functioning and fair, without players being able to grief one another, is implemented. I, for one, am voting with my wallet on this matter. I fully suggest others do the same. Spend no money on this game until improvements are made. It's a good game, and deserves nothing less...and I for one, am not settling for anything else.

Edit: I feel compelled to point out that pwebranflakes is a community moderator, like yourself. Word that came down from game administrators(which trumps out a community mod) is that the /report spam feature is intended to be used for Real Money Traders only, and that any other reason is abuse and/or griefing.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • aznp33nrocketaznp33nrocket Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Tested this out with a temp account. They did NOT send me a warning, nor did they send a reason why my account got banned. Didn't even get an in-game gag/mute. Force disconnect, and not able to reconnect. perma-ban. This is legit. Don't fall for it, don't troll other people cause it will more than likely come back around to you. Just overall leave it alone.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »

Edit: I feel compelled to point out that pwebranflakes is a community moderator, like yourself. Word that came down from game administrators(which trumps out a community mod) is that the /report spam feature is intended to be used for Real Money Traders only, and that any other reason is abuse and/or griefing.

Actually, Pwebranflakes is a PWE employee. He has the same function as Trailturtle, but for the STO side of things. He has a red name not a green volunteer name.
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its sad that players best option is to opt out of looking at or using zone chat, because they can be banned by a filter, and silenced for 24 hours by someone who can round up 20 other members of their guild to type in /ignore_spammer @handle

Way too easy to abuse.
    edited June 2013
    chai23 wrote: »
    Its sad that players best option is to opt out of looking at or using zone chat, because they can be banned by a filter, and silenced for 24 hours by someone who can round up 20 other members of their guild to type in /ignore_spammer @handle

Way too easy to abuse.

Yeah it's a brilliant feature chai, that must remain, as it very effectively stamps out a LOT of spam. See in DDO, Turbine applied a very similar engine with in game mail and it very effectively stopped almost all ingame spam mail overnight. Here, because of the f2p model used here, it's very much needed in ingame voice chat. I can tell you there is very very little abuse. When there is, its easily reportable and resolved via in game GM.

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
    edited June 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    I am literally shocked you are trying to spin doctor this.

There is zero spin. I have no motive one way or another. Im a gamer like you. I also despise spam/goldfarming/exploits/ the whole nine. I am telling you, the system is necessary to actively block in game voice chat spam promotions, and its very effective at keeping them away and off our screens. However, it is sad when it's abused but its extremely rare. In fact, I haven't dealt with a single case yet.

Oh and as mentioned above, pwebranflakes is a paid employee, not a community moderator.

This discussion has been closed.