test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Two 24 Hour Chat Bans In A Row After Typing 1 Line In Zone Chat Each Time

caucxicancaucxican Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Two days in a row of 24 hour chat bans for me. The second one, which happened last night, was when I said "EXPERIENCED TR LFG CN" literally just 1 time.

I sent in GM tickets both times hoping that someone in their support department at least skims over the subjects of incoming tickets and fixes small issues like this if possible. I have received no replies or emails and will probably just play a different game just like I did during the first 24 hours. I exclusively PVE and found it impossible to get into a dungeon group while being silenced (Everyone knows how LFG tool is broken with who it groups you with).

In my experience as a paying customer. The company running this game has the WORST service I have ever experienced. Not only is the service bad, it is non-existent in my case! I had a previous ticket about a separate item issue closed with no resolution at all.

I have never had a company make me this upset before. I have been tempted to chargeback all I spent on this game, but I don't because my account would get banned and I'm optimistic that they can fix this game with all its bugs/exploits months down the line.

EDIT: Before people start saying I'm lying and must have been spamming obscenities, let me just say that my posting here is not going to get me unmuted. You guys cannot fix this issue. So why should I lie? I decided to post this in the regular forums after seeing people having similar issues in the Neverwinter Reddit found here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1fcdkt/anyone_else_getting_muted_for_spamming_when_you/

RESPONSE: Alright. I took a short nap and came back to see what sprouted. I saw a few people trying to be funny. To the people saying I deserved it for being in capslock: Zone chat was getting spammed to hell with caplocks as usual. I also happen to believe that capslock on short sentences is OK. (Especially one that had 3 acronyms and 1 whole word)

As much as you hate capslocks, I have essentially been blocked from playing this game for 48 hours. Understand that If I log back in tomorrow and get a 24 hour ban again, by less than 1% of the thousands of players that play this game just because they don't like what I said or the sentence nomenclature, I will end up having been banned for the SAME amount of time as the people who got caught exploiting and ruining this game.
Post edited by caucxican on

Comments

• zieglerzzieglerz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 197 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    caucxican wrote: »
    I'm optimistic that they can fix this game with all its bugs/exploits months down the line.

I believe these are yours......
    rose-colored-glasses-dan-holm.jpg
  • lariandesalverlariandesalver Member Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    Two days in a row of 24 hour chat bans for me. The second one, which happened last night, was when I said "EXPERIENCED TR LFG CN" literally just 1 time.

Why do you want to stand out and dominate other players in chat? Aka why do you Capslock everything. I doubt they would have reported it if it werent LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME. Other people are not Capslocking or spamming, but writing down their requests normally and Im sure they are offended by this. I can point out the things I need to know or Im looking for just fine If people dont do stuff like that.

And Im asking for group close to each dungeon delve and never got even one ban in. Just post it like "Experienced TR looking for group CN" and nothing will happen. You can write TR and CN in caps but not the whole thing.
  • osirisofdoomosirisofdoom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why do you want to stand out and dominate other players in chat? Aka why do you Capslock everything. I doubt they would have reported it if it werent LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME. Other people are not Capslocking or spamming, but writing down their requests normally and Im sure they are offended by this. I can point out the things I need to know or Im looking for just fine If people dont do stuff like that.

And Im asking for group close to each dungeon delve and never got even one ban in. Just post it like "Experienced TR looking for group CN" and nothing will happen. You can write TR and CN in caps but not the whole thing.

This post is a troll right?

I'm pretty sure the issue at hand is that you get silenced from not just Zone Chat, but from tells, party and guild chat as well. You can't even send mail to your alts during this "silence".
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Sure ya did pal, I never got banned once and played since CB2. Quit spamming and you won't get banned.
  • quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's an auto-block based on getting ignored by enough people. Typing in all caps will tend to get you ignored, so don't do that.
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /signed

type in all caps == probably got reported by a bunch of people

sounds dumb but I bet that's why, or people may not like your condescending attitude (EXPERIENCED TR.... etc )

Pretty sure if you are lfg for CN it's implied you are experienced. Also don't forget the CO people who are mad they lost their devs, so they just report everyone all the time to abuse the chat-ban function.
  • silvernitesilvernite Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

In my experience as a paying customer. The company running this game has the WORST service I have ever experienced. http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1fcdkt/anyone_else_getting_muted_for_spamming_when_you/

Actually, you aren't a paying customer. You pay for certain items that you want to use in a Free-2-Play game.

To be honest I report spam only in certain cases, in which case I've added a few:
    1. Perversion
    2. Moderate and higher cursing
    3. People call other people inappropriate names
    4. People putting down the religion of others
    Added:
    5. People constantly spamming guild recruitment. (because there is a place that people can check guilds out)
    6. People constantly spamming looking for parties and runs (because there is a place the people can check for this too)
    7. People advertising the items they have for sale that are in the Auction House.

It gets annoying when people ask questions and you have to run back 20 spam posts in 10 seconds just to see the question again or who asked it.
  • boldwinsboldwins Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You got what you deserved.
    The system works great.
    It takes 21 spam reports to get 24 hour muted.
    If 21 people thing you are spamming you clearly are.
    start using the AH and quit spamming our zone chat.
  • zophie#5279 zophie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pro Tip: If someone is looking for people to join their group, they will see your message in the chat. Chances are they might even start scrolling through chat, temporarily pausing it, and scan for what they are looking for. They probably won't miss your line if it's written in normal case, you do not need to type in all caps to stand out among the crowd. Don't post messages in all caps, even if it's only one time, you will probably get ignored. I know it's frustrating, just keep your caps lock off and exercise restraint and self-moderation when reaching your pinky finger towards that shift key and you should be fine. :)
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    .... owned.
  • ali495ali495 Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    Really? You guys really think a 24 hour ban is just for writing a line in caps?
    When the cold of winter comes starless night will cover day,
    In the veiling of the sun we will walk in bitter rain.
    But in dreams I can hear your name,
    And in dreams we will meet again.

<3
  • raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ....If it was up to me, I'd remove the capslock key from every keyboard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ali495 wrote: »
    Really? You guys really think a 24 hour ban is just for writing a line in caps?

Yes, I do. It is a harsh consequence, but one that forces corrective actions on the part of the perpetrator. Follow the online ettiquette dicatated by the community, or don't communicate in zone-wide channels.
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes. use the queue system, what do you think it's for?
  • mogsytradesmogsytrades Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's about 3000 people online in Protector's Enclave right now on Dragon. All it takes is 21 of them to ignore or report spam someone to silence them for 24hrs. Less than 1%. Clearly everyone that gets silenced deserves it and the system is working as intended /rolls_eyes
  • grokcgrokc Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    IMHO people are over-reacting to capslock in a game that has a viable Tab and Shift button option. I mean I dont write in all caps if it can be avoided, but sometimes, in the heat of battle (literally) that capslock button is going to be pushed by accident...just sayin.
  • ashensnowashensnow Member Posts: 2,215 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The player run chatban system is bad. Terribly so. It is a black mark against Cryptic's integrity as a service provider.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • argonacargonac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now watch a new form of DOS-attack: Log in 21 accounts and report everyone for spam...
  • jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I honestly wonder why people feel the need to complain about all caps. Someone, somewhere, complained about another person using all caps to type, and so many others picked up on it. It doesn't hurt my eyes. I don't hear someone yelling in my head because I saw capitalized words. If I saw an exclamation point I might. But, caps lock isn't something people need to complain about, simply because others do.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • joewoodcutter1joewoodcutter1 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    argonac wrote: »
    Now watch a new form of DOS-attack: Log in 21 accounts and report everyone for spam...

*rushes off to reprogram bots*
  • caucxicancaucxican Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    Alright. I took a short nap and came back to see what sprouted. I saw a few people trying to be funny. To the people saying I deserved it for being in capslock: Zone chat was getting spammed to hell with caplocks as usual. I also happen to believe that capslock on short sentences is OK. (Especially one that had 3 acronyms and 1 whole word)

As much as you hate capslocks, I have essentially been blocked from playing this game for 48 hours. Understand that If I log back in tomorrow and get a 24 hour ban again, by less than 1% of the thousands of players that play this game just because they don't like what I said or the sentence nomenclature, I will end up having been banned for the SAME amount of time as the people who got caught exploiting and ruining this game.
    edited May 2013
    I also happen to believe that capslock on short sentences is OK.

20 people believed it was not ok.....
  • zophie#5279 zophie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Someone, somewhere, complained about another person using all caps to type, and so many others picked up on it.

lol so that one person stood up one day and said, "I've had enough!"

normaraenomorecapslock.jpg

... and a revolution was born!
  • caucxicancaucxican Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    20 people believed it was not ok.....

The sentence had 3 acronyms and 1 whole word total...

Stop being arbitrary and look at this with a realistic approach.
    edited May 2013
    Alot of people already chatban for using acronyms that nobody understands or wants to read. You learned it the hard way.
  • c45hcr0pc45hcr0p Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    All of these L2Chat responses are hilarious.
    cylisbrex wrote: »
    ...I love the rectal based combat...

Reticle not rectal. :)
  • karaadkaraad Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    The chat banning system in this game is horrible.

I could literally make a guild called "Chat Banners" and i'm sure I would get at least 20 people who think it would be funny to sit around town for a couple of hours a day and 'right click -> ignore" everyone.

I bet we wouldn't even get banned for it.
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    edited May 2013
    There's about 3000 people online in Protector's Enclave right now on Dragon. All it takes is 21 of them to ignore or report spam someone to silence them for 24hrs. Less than 1%. Clearly everyone that gets silenced deserves it and the system is working as intended /rolls_eyes

^ Exactly this
  • nojo2211nojo2211 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    I think you've probably learned the lesson that typing in caps will get you muted by at least 21 people. Unfortunately for you this results in a chat ban. If you DONT TYPE IN CAPS, you probably won't get chat banned again. I agree its harsh, but now you know.