test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sad, pathetic, weak - the current state of the game as it stands

Comments

• zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    You corrected me and said it D&D NW. Now you can see it being called NW? Oh you just made your account this month, lol troll on.

Did you ask the dev if calling the game D&D NW is wrong or right?
    I am claiming that D&D NW is right and if I am incorrect why don't you ask a dev?
    I am correcting you because D&D NW should be the correct way instead of just NW.
    Also, what does the age of my account have to do with anything?
    Just because I was inactive after I played PW in 2008 doesn't mean **** for this account rofl.

You should totally look up my account to just see my lvl 4 blademaster on PWI I made on Dreamweaver like YEARS ago. LMAO
    When it comes to seniority I have been there since PWI Beta *****.
  • ross123321ross123321 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My solution is not to nerf anything, but buff the two fighter classes so that they are both useful to a party and fun to play.
    This solution would actually make the content more faceroll than it already is... I think they need to be looking at major nerfs to cw and tr, less threat from healing, more threat for tanks and single target dps buff for gwf, and they need to get on it asap before the game becomes a total train wreck...
  • sirwatson8181sirwatson8181 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A 10K GWF? I assume that must be your hit points?

No wonder you don't play him. That's terribad assuming he's capped. My GWF is only level 47 and he's already got nearly 20K when in-game (15K naked). Do you have like 5 CON or something?
    edited May 2013
    A 10K GWF? I assume that must be your hit points?

No wonder you don't play him. That's terribad assuming he's capped. My GWF is only level 47 and he's already got nearly 20K when in-game (15K naked). Do you have like 5 CON or something?

He is refering to his gear score not his health.
  • sirwatson8181sirwatson8181 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah, my mistake. I'm uh, a rather casual player... ;)
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Member Posts: 3,514 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yult wrote: »
    All the White Knight nonsense in this thread aside, yes, GWF's are complete **** and I'm posting this here to +1 that they need to be significantly buffed.

My main is an 11k cleric who has been running T2s since May 1st, and I have a 10k GWF who I don't play after having mostly geared him out since it's impossible to find groups.

Add another +1 to that.

I've played most of the classes (60 Great Weapon Fighter, 40 Rogue, 20 Cleric, 20 Guardian), and the only one I've had complaints with while leveling is the Great Weapon Fighter. A Cleric's at-will does more damage, and quicker, than my Great Weapon Fighter can do. My Guardian Fighter pokes over his shield for harder than my Great Weapon Fighter and that giant piece of metal he carries around. Of course, tiny little daggers will take down a group of four monsters quicker than my big-*** sword can swinging away in all directions.

Leveling a Great Weapon Fighter solo is just unbelievably tedious. Imagine my surprise when I first started playing, I grouped up with a friend of mine who was playing a Rogue, and I told him "Aw <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, out of potions, let me go buy some," and he's like "Nah, here, I have a stack of 50 you can have." More survivability in that leather armor than my dumb-*** metal armor. More damage too. And he doesn't even have to backstab or creep through the shadows to deal the big damage... it's all in-your-face daggers.

I've had an easier time and more fun with all the other classes I've played than with my Great Weapon Fighter, and that sucks because I always play fighters in D&D.

If this is really a "learn to play" issue, then I must just selectively suck because I do just fine with all my other characters.

Or, perhaps, it's just that Great Weapon Fighters are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> while leveling up.
  • gruntpyregruntpyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Didn't want to post a duplicate message.
  • renegademarshalrenegademarshal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 83
    edited May 2013
    1) You're playing with baddies then. GWF and GF are a tad bit worse than the other classes, but a bit of skill and smart building makes up for it.

2) Those minor imbalances are already going to be fixed. Cryptic has already stated that they are addressing the Fighter issues and will be rolling out class balances alongside Gauntylgrym.

3) Instead of posting another one of these annoying threads, why not provide feedback with what you believe the GWF and GF are lacking other than DC aggro breaking (which Cryptic has already stated that they will addressed and is itself an issue with the threat system, not the classes)? Another one of these hate threads won't solve anything, won't help anything, and will not create any new discussion other than "These classes suck, Cryptic sucks at their job" and "You scrubs just don't know how to play! Join a guild/l2p."
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    One question have always haunt me .... where is the dragon hiding all his 50 kobold reinforcements ? :D
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    swingbrn wrote: »
    If you are any of the two classes please consider yourselves useless and re-roll as a Divine Cleric or Control Wizard.

Guardian Fighter - useless

Great Weapons Fighter - useless

This is the general mentality of the dungeons and Dragons Neverwinter community.

My experience as a great Weapons Fighter leveling up was not all that bad, sure it takes me three times longer to kill an encounter than any of the other classes, and sure I needed to blow through potions like it was water, but i had fun.

I figured hey, once I get this guy to 60 it will all get better....I WAS WRONG, so wrong in fact that I have never been more wrong in all my life.

It is virtually impossible to find a decent end game group to do dungeons with as a Great weapons Fighter / Guardian Fighter, unless of course you have a guild that takes pity on you and drags you along.

THE QUEUE SYSTEM: I Queue up, I get into a group....loading screen, and then I'm kicked from group before I load in. WHY, would anybody in their right minds want a Great Weapons Fighter in their group when they can easily just stack clerics and wizards and not have to worry about requiring any spec of talent / skill / brains / experience.

Days over I get home from work I log on, I start looking for a group for some T2 dungeons. I look in zone chat and this is what I see on a daily basis, being spammed....and it ****ing kills me.

OMG SUPER FAST AWESOME GROUP T2 DDS NEED 2 DCS FOR ULTRA FAST RUNSSSSSSS PSTT!!

SUPER FAST GROUP ONLY NEEDS TWO MORE DCS TO START!!! FAST CLEAR!!!

SUPER FAST RUN OMG LOLLLOOOLOLL 2 CWs 1 TR LOOKING FOR 2 DCS OMG LOLOLLOL!!!

If you haven't guessed by now DC = Divine Cleric, people are exploiting the fact that cleric buffs stack which makes players virtually impossible to kill in end game content.

I get it, people that play this game want fast dungeon runs, who wouldn't. BUT ITS RUINING THE GAME for all the players who wanted to play Guardian Fighter and Great Weapons Fighter.

Recipe for any successful T2 dungeon : 2 clerics, 2 Control wizards, 1 trickster Rogue.

I mean.....does this sound right?

Let me explain how it works. The clerics spam heal and stack their circles, the wizards spam Arcane Singularity <--this ability right here, is being spammed, then the Trickster Rogue with all his super ultra critting bazillions of damage AT WILL ability solos the boss.....

This was taken from a HOW TO PLAY WIZARD GUIDE, and it explains exactly why this ability is being spammed.

"Arcane Singularity: Awesome in every way, PvE and PvP. In PvE, it bunches up monsters so you can do even more AoE, it does damage, it lowers the pressure on the tank (the cleric, really!), and it looks way cool, too! This daily has never left my

Well then reroll a cleric , what's your point here ?
  • klipstaklipsta Member Posts: 99
    edited May 2013
    Threads like this make me so glad I rolled a rogue.
    edited May 2013
    I've recently decided to simply wait for the next patch to resume my Guardian main
    This is what i have been forced into doing with my gwf, and i am realy quite pissed off about it. I put in a lot of effort gearing up, getting my cat and working hard for the group when in a dungeon. It has all been a waste of my time though, as i can't get into a cn group for love nor money. Even getting a spot in t2 runs has become near impossible in the last few days. people just don't want to know, if you are a gwf or gf.

What are the devs doing about this situation? Has there been any feedback at all?
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Add another +1 to that.

I've played most of the classes (60 Great Weapon Fighter, 40 Rogue, 20 Cleric, 20 Guardian), and the only one I've had complaints with while leveling is the Great Weapon Fighter. A Cleric's at-will does more damage, and quicker, than my Great Weapon Fighter can do. My Guardian Fighter pokes over his shield for harder than my Great Weapon Fighter and that giant piece of metal he carries around. Of course, tiny little daggers will take down a group of four monsters quicker than my big-*** sword can swinging away in all directions.

Leveling a Great Weapon Fighter solo is just unbelievably tedious. Imagine my surprise when I first started playing, I grouped up with a friend of mine who was playing a Rogue, and I told him "Aw <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, out of potions, let me go buy some," and he's like "Nah, here, I have a stack of 50 you can have." More survivability in that leather armor than my dumb-*** metal armor. More damage too. And he doesn't even have to backstab or creep through the shadows to deal the big damage... it's all in-your-face daggers.

I've had an easier time and more fun with all the other classes I've played than with my Great Weapon Fighter, and that sucks because I always play fighters in D&D.

If this is really a "learn to play" issue, then I must just selectively suck because I do just fine with all my other characters.

Or, perhaps, it's just that Great Weapon Fighters are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> while leveling up.

Here is a problem you don't even recognize. You built strictly for dps...no life steal...no regen...no deflection.

I found myself chugging pots and burning coin. I decided to change stats from focusing power/defense to a healthy lifesteal/deflection/defense/crit with power being dead last.

Now I don't burn 10-15 a boss fight. I burn 1-2 (emergencies).

Normal questing? pfff...if you can't kill even 2+level normal mobs (groups of them) without having to chug potions...well I don't know what to tell you.

The powers and utilities also play a huge factor in the play style of the GWF.

You also know that a GWF boosts everyone's damage with a feat known as Student of the Sword...right? RIGHT????? The math is all over crazy but yeah....greater than 20%... Consult some of the regular posters in the forums where you discuss things of this nature. Trickshaw has a few threads floating around...

One last point...we are SUPPOSED to take damage...Unstoppable

I will say our damage is a bit too low...but otherwise a solid class.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    Here is a problem you don't even recognize. You built strictly for dps...no life steal...no regen...no deflection.

I found myself chugging pots and burning coin. I decided to change stats from focusing power/defense to a healthy lifesteal/deflection/defense/crit with power being dead last.

Normal questing? pfff...if you can't kill even 2+level normal mobs (groups of them) without having to chug potions...well I don't know what to tell you.

You also know that a GWF boosts everyone's damage with a feat known as Student of the Sword...right? RIGHT????? The math is all over crazy but yeah....greater than 20%... Consult some of the regular posters in the forums where you discuss things of this nature. Trickshaw has a few threads floating around...

Yeah Student of the Sword boost everyone in your party's DPS by debuffing the mob's defenses (by up to 45%) but do people care ? Of course they don't. All they care about is how much DPS #1 is doing. Screw party synergy and camaderie, it's all about giving a grandstanding show. TBH showing those metrics that pops up after a dungeon run is a huge mistake. It's like an e-peen exhibition.
  • theodraxtheodrax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    I'm usually dubious of claims that a class is borked, but have to agree this time. I have been playing a great weapon fight and generally having fun, but it seems like I just wasn't able to contribute as much as the other classes. To test it I rolled up a rogue, and was amazed. I could burn through monsters so much faster and easier. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the general concept of my GWF, and pull it out fairly often. It can be fun to swing that massive sword. I just only play it with my wife's cleric, so she can keep me healed and buffed.
    edited May 2013
    klipsta wrote: »
    Threads like this make me so glad I rolled a rogue.

Can't wait for the next patch notes when all the TR damage are nerfed or rather GWF is buffed then we're on equal footing.
  • unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Overall, GWF does lower damage (being an in between class) and in your build, you chose survivability over dps. The OP has a point. Why take a GWF when a second CW will be a better asset when it comes to dps and control. As it is, groups will choose 2 clerics, 2 Control wizards, 1 trickster Rogue over including a GWF or even a GF.

It's ridiculous that the Cleric, a healer class, has become "the tank." There is a serious agro issue w/ Clerics that needs to be fixed. Also, this double stacking of Astral Shield (near god mode) needs to be fixed. It's highly doubtful that this is what was intended. Also, CWs use of Arcane Singularity to clean up & toss all trash mobs is also <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Groups can literally bypass most all mobs with Arcane Singularity, just like bypassing the mobs by taking the "shortcut," edge of cliffs. Those two reasons (double stacking Astral Shield & Arcane Singularity to throw mobs off platforms) are the reasons groups prefer/require the second Cleric and CW.
    edited May 2013
    Double stacking Astral Shield needs to go, as much fun as it is to be cheaping thru T2 dungeon bosses with it.
    edited May 2013
    GWF is a solid class and a lot of fun to play. But the point being made in this thread is that the dc/cw/tr trio just don't need a gwf or tank. For example, who would want to risk having a gwf or gf in the group at the last boss in cn? when another cw,dc or tr would be far more likely to secure them the kill. It's a failure in game design and no fault of the players that they choose the easy route.
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got one of every class now my Mains are CW and TR. As nice as it is to hear CW and DC are mandatory in T2 dungeons the fact they are used to make Dungeons easier makes me sad because it means they will probably be nerfed, I liked singularity to I used it to get foes together for my AOEs.

It would be nice if they added something to GWF and GFs to make them more useful like increase the GF and GWF's hate generation or give them some sort of stun or spell breaking power so that they can better guard the squishys. maybe give them a mark an ally power where they take a % of that character's damage.

But its easier to lower power levels than to raise them so they will probably just make DC and CW powers not stack or make clerics unable to heal each other or something.
  • cetra07cetra07 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    THE REASON GREAT WEAPONS FIGHTERS AND GUARDIAN FIGHTERS ARE BEING OVERLOOKED:

Divine Cleric aggro: I mean wtf? clerics have aggro 100% of EVERY FIGHT regardless if you have the best Guardian fighter in the WORLD with you.

Divine Clerics stacking their circles......this **** is not cool.

Control Wizards: "Arcane Singularity" -- this ability is great, but its being abused to bypass content and throw entire waves / groups of monsters off cliffs.

Trickster Rogues: a rogue holding the auto attack key can out dps any class in this game....

Trickster Rogues / Control Wizards: one shoting people in PVP <-- SUPER FAIR AND TOTALLY NOT FRUSTRATING....

Something needs to be done and done fast. To all the GF and GWF players out there I feel your pain.

I enjoy this game, but its infinitely infuriating when you want to play and you cant..... because the game is broken.

cryptic has to fix the dungeon balance before tuning the classes.

Aggro is broken. Billions of add spam boss fight. Ppl are just finding the best way to overcome this broken system.

GF is still ok i guess. Not in a good spot, but still able to get grps.

GWF is in a very bad state. Pathetic dps with no utility to the party. I have grped 2 times with a gwf for T2, and i swear im not going to join a party with gwf anymore. Dont blame the community. Blame the devs for <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up the class.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Member Posts: 3,514 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I tried the lifesteal thing. Stacked lots of it, went for a few levels that way, didn't make much of a difference. Still was married to my Cleric companion. It wasn't until I hit 60 and got epic gear that I could chuck her to the curb. Boss fights were long and tedious, and still had to take lots of potions (some were harder than others).

This Student of the Sword thing, I suppose I could have taken that. Probably will. Is it a complete game-changer? Like, once your'e level 35 and fully filled it out, you just start mowing things down, don't need a cleric no more? It wasn't mentioned when I asked about whether my build was okay way back when I was about level 35.

Regardless, if it is a game changer, you're saying that the class as a whole is fine (aside from doing low damage), even though it's reliant on one single feat, whereas the other classes don't need that. There's something out of balance there.
    Yeah Student of the Sword boost everyone in your party's DPS by as much as 45% by debuffing the mob's defenses but do people care ? Of course they don't. All they care about is how much DPS #1 is doing. Screw party synergy, it's all about giving a grandstanding show. TBH showing those metrics that pops up after a dungeon run is a huge mistake. It's like an e-peen exhibition.

Screw party synergy when I'm leveling up solo, yes. I shouldn't need a team for any of the one-man content in this game.
    edited May 2013
    ross123321 wrote: »
    GWF is a solid class and a lot of fun to play. But the point being made in this thread is that the dc/cw/tr trio just don't need a gwf or tank. For example, who would want to risk having a gwf or gf in the group at the last boss in cn? when another cw,dc or tr would be far more likely to secure them the kill. It's a failure in game design and no fault of the players that they choose the easy route.

I agree. GWF should be something of an offtank. You can either spec as an offtank or pure dps. No wonder very few people even bothered to spec into the Sentinel (defensive) tree of GWF since it's pointless to do so. I think the big issue is the aggro issue (taunt abilities does not work) mobs tend to beeline directly to the healers.
  • bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Nice to see somebody who understands. most of the replies have been from self important trolls

You are the most nasty troll in the thread pal. Every post since your OP has been nasty insults and terrible attitude. You are aggressive, angry unpleasant and simply wrong in some cases. People like you don't want discussion, you want to break people's balls and feel tough. GWF class would be much better served with another spokesperson.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Overall, GWF does lower damage (being an in between class) and in your build, you chose survivability over dps. The OP has a point. Why take a GWF when a second CW will be a better asset when it comes to dps and control. As it is, groups will choose 2 clerics, 2 Control wizards, 1 trickster Rogue over including a GWF or even a GF.

It's ridiculous that the Cleric, a healer class, has become "the tank." There is a serious agro issue w/ Clerics that needs to be fixed. Also, this double stacking of Astral Shield (near god mode) needs to be fixed. It's highly doubtful that this is what was intended. Also, CWs use of Arcane Singularity to clean up & toss all trash mobs is also <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Groups can literally bypass most all mobs with Arcane Singularity, just like bypassing the mobs by taking the "shortcut," edge of cliffs. Those two reasons (double stacking Astral Shield & Arcane Singularity to throw mobs off platforms) are the reasons groups prefer/require the second Cleric and CW.

What part of greater than 20% damage boost for everyone in the party don't people understand? The other things you mentioned will be addressed. Agro/stacking shields...they may even put a longer CD on singularity who knows?

Putting power dead last did not lower my dps. ArP counters that. I for one am not worried. I will be rolling a GF eventually. I like classes that you have to bring your "A" game to compete. I hate classes that are snooze fests.
    edited May 2013
    ross123321 wrote: »

I can say that if there was a true DPS burn boss that would wipe the party if they failed the timer would solve that. O.o

Otherwise they will shift some mechanics and ensure a healthy representation of all released classes for end game.
    edited May 2013
    I can say that if there was a true DPS burn boss that would wipe the party if they failed the timer would solve that. O.o

Otherwise they will shift some mechanics and ensure a healthy representation of all released classes for end game.

Remember the enrage timer in WoW dungeon/raid bosses ? Unfortunately almost all the dungeon bosses in this game plays like a one trick pony.
  • unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What part of greater than 20% damage boost for everyone in the party don't people understand? The other things you mentioned will be addressed. Agro/stacking shields...they may even put a longer CD on singularity who knows?

Putting power dead last did not lower my dps. ArP counters that. I for one am not worried. I will be rolling a GF eventually. I like classes that you have to bring your "A" game to compete. I hate classes that are snooze fests.

Maybe you don't realize this but other classes also have defense mitigating abilities and there are items/enchantments/set bonus that also mitigate defenses that make armor penetration a moot stat for PVE. Armor penetration is hardly useful for PVE but it has uses in PVP.
  • destroxoxodestroxoxo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Although I agree with you that GWF do need a buff in some respects, I am an 11.5k gs (4 set t2) well enchanted GWF and I have no trouble being on par/ 5-10% below the top dps which is usually a Trickster.

Learn about your class a bit more before branding them useless, you might be quite surprised, especially if you can play them well now and after we do eventually have some buffs come our way you'll be one of the few that chose to stick with them. :)
    edited May 2013
    I haven't given up my GWF yet but I'm putting it on hiatus and playing something else or crafting...
This discussion has been closed.