test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cheaters obviously alive and well on Beholder server.

thisisridicilousthisisridicilous Member Posts: 22 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So someone just now decided to buy Zen for aproximatly 175+ milion AD's

The requested zen was about a couple of thousands hitting 320AD / Zen, then suddenly someone offers to buy aproximatley 5-600,000 Zens for about 350AD's / Zen

Smooth. -.-

Same goes for Dragon server, don't have characters on any other servers but I would be surprised if it wasn't happening at all servers atm.
Post edited by thisisridicilous on

Comments

• Options
    narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    buying zen is cheating? Wow where have I been.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • Options
    forumcanforumcan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hmmm... fanboy rush is imminent

No no! there is no cheating at Neverwinter. it's impossible... never happened!
    Nothing negative happened to economy...
    You don't have proof...
    No cheating.. Never...!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    narathkor wrote: »

-.- The market had no requests for Zens over 10,000 then suddenly it is raised to 5-600,000 at 30 AD over the next requested price. Use your brain.

They (I assume there's more than just one) just sat on all their ill-gotten AD's until the price was right, as the price for Zen has been steadily declining, and then they hit with full force, probably bought 50,000Zen or so on the spot. as the offered prices where in the range of 330 at that point.
  • Options
    mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    10,000 Zen at the price you stated is 3.5mil AD. Which for a level 60 is fairly easy to obtain (dailies + founders *if applicable+ foundry tips)

The other though is quite obviously hax.
  • Options
    vadriel45vadriel45 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cheaters, or cryptic buying up all the zen on the market to raise prices?
  • Options
    jjeshopjjeshop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    narathkor wrote: »

is that all you do, try and hijack threads?
    IGN: Teseanna

Closed :D Beta :D Tester
    [SIGPIC]i100.photobucket.com/albums/m23/jjeshop/ooo-1.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    vadriel45 wrote: »
    cryptic buying up all the zen on the market to raise prices?

its their evil plan
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what do you think about the whole day ad to zen is around 330 all little amounts of requests (it dropped to 255 for a moment)
    now 400.000 zen requested (as far as the window shows ofcourse) with an avarage of 355. someone woke up at the wrong time ? ;p
  • Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah I saw it happen on dragon a little while ago, while i was viewing the market it suddenly went from 347 sale price per to 60k for sale at 360 per in seconds (i think when you place a buy order it fills it with all the smaller orders first and that is why it changed in seconds).. I then went to the requested at list and watched it go from a few thou per price to 100k-150k per price on 5 different prices from 360 down. To me it looks like the real money traders who were sitting on diamonds are trying to turn them into zen to fill orders.
  • Options
    mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mistriosu wrote: »
    10,000 Zen at the price you stated is 3.5mil AD. Which for a level 60 is fairly easy to obtain (dailies + founders *if applicable+ foundry tips)

The other though is quite obviously hax.

3.5 mil AD is fairly easy to obtain, FROM FOUNDRY ?
  • Options
    fr0gurtfr0gurt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think there's much to read into this. The Astral Diamond Exchange only lists the top five bids each for buying and selling Zen, but that doesn't mean that the other bids don't exist.

There will be a lot of people offering Zen for sale at 350 AD/Zen simply because 350 is a nice round number. The 350 bid won't show up at all if it isn't one of the top five buy bids, but once it does then *poof*, they all appear at once.

Right now on Dragon, the exchange rate is about 360 AD/Zen. The top five buy bids are from 356 to 360, and the 350 bids are not appearing. If the price of Zen drops to around 354-355, then the 350 bids should reappear all at once.
  • Options
    narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jjeshop wrote: »
    is that all you do, try and hijack threads?

How is that Hijacking a thread. I asked a question.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    That is true you do only see a few at a time but I watched it happen.

It was not the next set of numbers appearing it was the numbers that were already in the list all skyrocketing by betweem 100k and 150k each one....added on top of the 1k-5k that was already there at that price.

Naturally the market does not fill out that way that fast.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kiralia wrote: »
    To me it looks like the real money traders who were sitting on diamonds are trying to turn them into zen to fill orders.

..except that they sell AD, not Zen, you seem to be hopelessly confused. Check your ingame mailbox for the inevitable spam for more details.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I suggest you check yours. They sell both.

Even if I am mistaken and they don't it still is not natural market behavior
  • Options
    klugemaker1klugemaker1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fr0gurt wrote: »
    I don't think there's much to read into this. The Astral Diamond Exchange only lists the top five bids each for buying and selling Zen, but that doesn't mean that the other bids don't exist.

There will be a lot of people offering Zen for sale at 350 AD/Zen simply because 350 is a nice round number. The 350 bid won't show up at all if it isn't one of the top five buy bids, but once it does then *poof*, they all appear at once.

Right now on Dragon, the exchange rate is about 360 AD/Zen. The top five buy bids are from 356 to 360, and the 350 bids are not appearing. If the price of Zen drops to around 354-355, then the 350 bids should reappear all at once.

It is possible to artifically inflate / deflate the market, then cancel all the offers at once and buy up anyone else who put in the range you set causing a spike.

(Course I don't have 100,000 zen o.0 altho I certainly wouldnt put it past someone to have that much).

Watch the price difference between highest buy and lowest sell. If its greater then 2 someone is probably jacking with the market.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mechjockey wrote: »
    3.5 mil AD is fairly easy to obtain, FROM FOUNDRY ?
    24k per day from refining. Some from skirmishes, professions, loot drops.
    Now let's look at foundry-tipping.
    Say you make a foundry quest and it gets 15,000 plays.
    If only 40% tip you:
    Let's say 30% tip at 500ad, 50% tip at 250, and 20% tip at 100
    15,000*0.4 = 6,000 people
    30% at 500 = 1,800 people tipping 500AD = 900,000 AD
    50% at 250 = 3,000 tips of 250 AD = 750,000 AD
    20% at 100 = 1,200 tips of 100 AD = 120,000 AD

Add it all up: 900,000 + 750,000 + 120,000 = 1.77 million AD
    For a single Foundry quest you created. Now given that people can only tip an author once, and that any subsequent quests will have repeat visitors.
    Either way it's not uncommon for Foundry quests to get 10,000-15,000 plays.
    It is VERY profitable to make a good Foundry Quest.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It is possible to artifically inflate / deflate the market, then cancel all the offers at once and buy up anyone else who put in the range you set causing a spike.

(Course I don't have 100,000 zen o.0 altho I certainly wouldnt put it past someone to have that much).

Watch the price difference between highest buy and lowest sell. If its greater then 2 someone is probably jacking with the market.

Wouldn't put it past the wannabe Boeskys to try that. OFC, if true, perfect world has found it's pvp pay2win solution once and for all.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    24k per day from refining, skirmishes, professions, loot drops
    If only 40% tip you:

For a single Foundry quest you created. Now given that people can only tip an author once, and that any subsequent quests will have repeat visitors.

Add it all up and it is less than half of what you are talking about.

And that is using some really really generous numbers. The earn AD in the game is pure suckerbait if you are doing it legitimately. It likely costs you more to press the keys than you receive in AD value.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mechjockey wrote: »
    Add it all up and it is less than half of what you are talking about.

And that is using some really really generous numbers. The earn AD in the game is pure suckerbait if you are doing it legitimately. It likely costs you more to press the keys than you receive in AD value.
    Yes it's only half, but it's talking pure foundry tipping. And it uses fairly legitimate numbers if you consider I said if it were a GOOD quest (which most players will tip on).
    If you further add in the 24k daily refines, proffession gains, loot drops, Skirmish and Dungeon Delve bonuses.....

A level 60 player with the right time and effort could handily make 3-4 mil AD in under a month.

edit: Also not mentioned was the possibility of people with Founders (2mil/600k AD)
  • Options
    unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Temporarily, yes. This was evident a week and a half ago w/ the Caturday (AD negative bidding) fiasco. The large quantities of AD are being distributed via the AH/trades throughout the game economy, so it's less likely that any one person can control the market. It would take a good number of people (w/ resources) and accounts to coordinate a serious destabilizing effect on the zen/ad exchange. Right now, the zen/ad exchange is easier to cause artificial spikes because the number of offers is quite low when compared to another Cryptic game like STO where the offers on the exchange are quite a bit larger. I think we'll see that change after there is more uses for the zen store w/ improved store items, but of course people will cry out that it's even more p2w.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I suggest you check yours. They sell both.

No, no they don't. You can't send Zen to other accounts, it must be laundered as AD, that being the entire point. No amount of reading my mail seems to change this basic game mechanic. Please advise.
  • Options
    nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Good luck creating a foundry quest now and getting 15,000 plays without serious help. 'For Review' is stuffed with new foundry content and as the ingame foundry browser is so broken, most people don't even look at it. There's a lot of good stuff there which still has play numbers in single figures.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it still is not natural market behavior

The AD/Zen market is extremely illiquid, and thus subject to large fluctuations even without market manipulation being attempted.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    fr0gurt wrote: »

Perhaps it's me who can't explain good enough. The requested price was at 320... now that's the highest price anyone's willing to pay for zen. This is stated in the OP. Then suddenly 5-600,000 Zen was requested for the price of about 350, now that's the highest offered price, naturally it will show up, it looked something like this like this

(now these are just numbers I come up with but they are fairly accurate, well in the neighbourhood, and will probably give a better idea what happened)

We're talking about people who wants to buy Zen for AD's here.. you find these numbers under the sell zen tag.

It went from looking something like this:

1000 requested at price 322
    1469 requested at price 320
    +3 lower all below <10k requested

to

350 000 requested at price 350
    +2lower

to

99 467 reuquested at price 352
    125 000 requested at price 351
    337 000 requested at price 350

in just a couple of minutes.

oh... and similair happened to Dragon server but with different amounts and prices, at about the same time.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Now the available zen offered at that time had a pricetag of about 330AD/zen so all the ones offered from the price-range 330 up to 350 was ofcourse imediatly sold. I don't know how much this was exactly but I'd estimate it to about 50k zen on just one server.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now the available zen offered at that time had a pricetag of about 330AD/zen so all the ones offered from the price-range 330 up to 350 was ofcourse imediatly sold. I don't know how much this was exactly but I'd estimate it to about 50k zen on just one server.

50k is only $500. Not really that much when you think about it.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    nalravnalrav Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    24k per day from refining. Some from skirmishes, professions, loot drops.
    If only 40% tip you:

Thats gold, jerry, gold!

Gave me a good laugh.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    Heh...500$ is more than a paycheck to a lot of people.

Yeah, but there are thousands of people playing the game. If just 50 of them put up $10 worth of Zen each: bang - $500. Amounts that look big taken in isolation look pretty small when compared with the player-base.