test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sad, pathetic, weak - the current state of the game as it stands

swingbrnswingbrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
If you are any of the two classes please consider yourselves useless and re-roll as a Divine Cleric or Control Wizard.

Guardian Fighter - useless

Great Weapons Fighter - useless

This is the general mentality of the dungeons and Dragons Neverwinter community.

My experience as a great Weapons Fighter leveling up was not all that bad, sure it takes me three times longer to kill an encounter than any of the other classes, and sure I needed to blow through potions like it was water, but i had fun.

I figured hey, once I get this guy to 60 it will all get better....I WAS WRONG, so wrong in fact that I have never been more wrong in all my life.

It is virtually impossible to find a decent end game group to do dungeons with as a Great weapons Fighter / Guardian Fighter, unless of course you have a guild that takes pity on you and drags you along.

THE QUEUE SYSTEM: I Queue up, I get into a group....loading screen, and then I'm kicked from group before I load in. WHY, would anybody in their right minds want a Great Weapons Fighter in their group when they can easily just stack clerics and wizards and not have to worry about requiring any spec of talent / skill / brains / experience.

Days over I get home from work I log on, I start looking for a group for some T2 dungeons. I look in zone chat and this is what I see on a daily basis, being spammed....and it ****ing kills me.

OMG SUPER FAST AWESOME GROUP T2 DDS NEED 2 DCS FOR ULTRA FAST RUNSSSSSSS PSTT!!

SUPER FAST GROUP ONLY NEEDS TWO MORE DCS TO START!!! FAST CLEAR!!!

SUPER FAST RUN OMG LOLLLOOOLOLL 2 CWs 1 TR LOOKING FOR 2 DCS OMG LOLOLLOL!!!

If you haven't guessed by now DC = Divine Cleric, people are exploiting the fact that cleric buffs stack which makes players virtually impossible to kill in end game content.

I get it, people that play this game want fast dungeon runs, who wouldn't. BUT ITS RUINING THE GAME for all the players who wanted to play Guardian Fighter and Great Weapons Fighter.

Recipe for any successful T2 dungeon : 2 clerics, 2 Control wizards, 1 trickster Rogue.

I mean.....does this sound right?

Let me explain how it works. The clerics spam heal and stack their circles, the wizards spam Arcane Singularity <--this ability right here, is being spammed, then the Trickster Rogue with all his super ultra critting bazillions of damage AT WILL ability solos the boss.....

This was taken from a HOW TO PLAY WIZARD GUIDE, and it explains exactly why this ability is being spammed.

"Arcane Singularity: Awesome in every way, PvE and PvP. In PvE, it bunches up monsters so you can do even more AoE, it does damage, it lowers the pressure on the tank (the cleric, really!), and it looks way cool, too! This daily has never left my
Post edited by swingbrn on

Comments

• swingbrnswingbrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    THE REASON GREAT WEAPONS FIGHTERS AND GUARDIAN FIGHTERS ARE BEING OVERLOOKED:

Divine Cleric aggro: I mean wtf? clerics have aggro 100% of EVERY FIGHT regardless if you have the best Guardian fighter in the WORLD with you.

Divine Clerics stacking their circles......this **** is not cool.

Control Wizards: "Arcane Singularity" -- this ability is great, but its being abused to bypass content and throw entire waves / groups of monsters off cliffs.

Trickster Rogues: a rogue holding the auto attack key can out dps any class in this game....

Trickster Rogues / Control Wizards: one shoting people in PVP <-- SUPER FAIR AND TOTALLY NOT FRUSTRATING....

Something needs to be done and done fast. To all the GF and GWF players out there I feel your pain.

I enjoy this game, but its infinitely infuriating when you want to play and you cant..... because the game is broken.
  • scorgescorge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    its BETA Bug it.
  • swingbrnswingbrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    scorge2 wrote: »
    its BETA Bug it.

This kid plays a rogue
  • swamprobswamprob Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I agree with you.

My solution is not to nerf anything, but buff the two fighter classes so that they are both useful to a party and fun to play.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No balls to use your real account.... that is pathetic.

NWO is great, just certain types of players are bad.

Kids these days are so impatient...

Peace.

Probably has to shout his opinion from an alt account.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a 60 GF and have no problems at all. I also got my full Stalwart set and know how to actually play the class.
    I don't see a problem with the class besides the blocking issue on GF atm.
  • mordikaymordikay Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Obviously you have not played or played with any good(or correctly specced) GWF or GW.
    edited May 2013
    swamprob wrote: »
    I agree with you.

My solution is not to nerf anything, but buff the two fighter classes so that they are both useful to a party and fun to play.

I couldn't agree more, I am just putting the reasons why the two classes are being overlooked out there. Apparently its upsetting some of the bad players as I have already gotten a couple of private messages lol.
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You cannot seriously play a GWF.

My wife plays TR and she can punch a mobs ticket quick.

I on the other hand can punch a bunch of tickets quick and not be worried about pots.

Maybe you need to stop, do some research, make some friends.

Ohhh one last thing. Learn to play and stop smearing GWFs.
    edited May 2013
    Probably has to shout his opinion from an alt account.

He posted 6 seconds after I posted, I think its safe to assume he didn't read the thread and that its a child just looking for attention.
    edited May 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    You cannot seriously play a GWF.

My wife plays TR and she can punch a mobs ticket quick.

I on the other hand can punch a bunch of tickets quick and not be worried about pots.

Maybe you need to stop, do some research, make some friends.

Ohhh one last thing. Learn to play and stop smearing GWFs.

You should take the time to read the thread because you obviously didn't or you wouldn't be pretending that you have an opinion about the topic.
    edited May 2013
    swingbrn wrote: »
    You should take the time to read the thread because you obviously didn't or you wouldn't be pretending that you have an opinion about the topic.

I did read. You said you couldn't kill fast and burned pots. Learn to play issue.

You said you couldn't get a group. Learn to make friends issue.

Any questions?
    edited May 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    I did read. You said you couldn't kill fast and burned pots. Learn to play issue.

You said you couldn't get a group. Learn to make friends issue.

Any questions?

He apparently just wants to pug so it sounds like a personal issue than anything.
    If it takes to do certain lineups to do the runs quickly then that's just how it is.
    He needs to find himself a good guild and prove that he is a good GF or GWF in order to not have this issue.
    I wouldn't take a ****ty *** DC or CW if I can get a good GF over a ****ty CW.
    edited May 2013
    I can only assume that you have a learning disability.

My GWF is doing fine, thanks for asking.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    scorge2 wrote: »
    its BETA Bug it.

It's not farking beta berk. Once you open for business and begins accepting money it's NOT BETA!
    edited May 2013
    He apparently just wants to pug so it sounds like a personal issue than anything.
    If it takes to do certain lineups to do the runs quickly then that's just how it is.
    He needs to find himself a good guild and prove that he is a good GF or GWF in order to not have this issue.
    I wouldn't take a ****ty *** DC or CW if I can get a good GF over a ****ty CW.

This is a post about the current state of the game, if you took the time to actual read the post you might have realised that its a generalisation about the game as a whole. I also mentioned that if you have a decent guild that its not an issue. Please dont post here if you haven't taken the time to actually read the post.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If mobs don't want to be thrown off cliffs maybe they shouldn't have picked that location as their hideout. I can be, and have been, knocked off a cliff so why can't they? Basically it sounds like what you are suggesting is changes to make dungeons even more tedious. Sadly that wont help your class woes any.

And instead of nerfing abilities maybe they should look at the encounters themselves. Swarming a group with dozens and dozens of adds doesn't make the encounter fun. More frustrating than challenging really.
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    If mobs don't want to be thrown off cliffs maybe they shouldn't have picked that location as their hideout. I can be, and have been, knocked off a cliff so why can't they? Basically it sounds like what you are suggesting is changes to make dungeons even more tedious. Sadly that wont help your class woes any.

And instead of nerfing abilities maybe they should look at the encounters themselves. Swarming a group with dozens and dozens of adds doesn't make the encounter fun. More frustrating than challenging really.

I never mentioned a nerf, also its a comparison of the GF / GWF classes with the other classes. Those abilitys are being used to bypass content that could otherwise not be bypassed if you were playing a Gf or GWF.
    edited May 2013
    This is a post about the current state of the game, if you took the time to actual read the post you might have realised that its a generalisation about the game as a whole. I also mentioned that if you have a decent guild that its not an issue. Please dont post here if you haven't taken the time to actually read the post.

I read it and the state of the game is nothing you will ever have control of anyways.
    Also, you have suggested nothing to have anything you cry about fixed. I have had many pugs running as GF with no problems and do speed runs with PUGS.
    I only read how incompetent you are that's literally all you wrote. This is why I will never have a problem running GF because I can communicate with people properly and suggest strategies that involve what GF's can do.
    You on the other hand know nothing.
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No balls to use your real account.... that is pathetic.

NWO is great, just certain types of players are bad.

Kids these days are so impatient...

Peace.

There is no NWO. This game is called NW.

And I agree OP. I got my GWF painfully to 60, only to realize i am totally useless. So I re-rolled TR and now I am having a blast.
  • bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well, the character progression with the GF at least is awesome. T2s and beyond. They have no place in the current high lvl party. An ongoing issue that forces me to reply to this thread instead of being in game...:(
    edited May 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    There is no NWO. This game is called NW.

And I agree OP. I got my GWF painfully to 60, only to realize i am totally useless. So I re-rolled TR and now I am having a blast.

No, it's called D&D NW but who would say that right?
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No, it's called D&D NW but who would say that right?

That's funny because a developer corrected someone who called it NWO and said it was NW. Better put in a ticket and correct the developer.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I never mentioned a nerf, also its a comparison of the GF / GWF classes with the other classes. Those abilitys are being used to bypass content that could otherwise not be bypassed if you were playing a Gf or GWF.

But it's not. For example if you make mobs immune to being pushed off a cliff that does NOT mean a group is automatically going to want a GWF instead. Besides that it's not "bypassing content" as it's using the mechanics within the game to legitimately progress through the dungeon. Whether it's cheezy or not is up to the participant but that doesn't make the tactics themselves bad.
    edited May 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    That's funny because a developer corrected someone who called it NWO and said it was NW. Better put in a ticket and correct the developer.

No, not really if he claims it to be NW which I can see it should be called D&D NW since it is called Dungeons & Dragons NeverWinter.
    I don't see NWO being correct but where did I ever say NWO was correct right?
    I believe I have made the mistake saying NWO a couple times as well on other threads.
  • dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually 2 DC, 1 CW, and 2 TR goes faster even still.
    edited May 2013
    No, not really if he claims it to be NW which I can see it should be called D&D NW since it is called Dungeons & Dragons NeverWinter.
    I don't see NWO being correct but where did I ever say NWO was correct right?
    I believe I have made the mistake saying NWO a couple times as well on other threads.

You corrected me and said it D&D NW. Now you can see it being called NW? Oh you just made your account this month, lol troll on.
  • yultyult Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    All the White Knight nonsense in this thread aside, yes, GWF's are complete **** and I'm posting this here to +1 that they need to be significantly buffed.

My main is an 11k cleric who has been running T2s since May 1st, and I have a 10k GWF who I don't play after having mostly geared him out since it's impossible to find groups.
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    But it's not. For example if you make mobs immune to being pushed off a cliff that does NOT mean a group is automatically going to want a GWF instead. Besides that it's not "bypassing content" as it's using the mechanics within the game to legitimately progress through the dungeon. Whether it's cheezy or not is up to the participant but that doesn't make the tactics themselves bad.

Sorry I'm not here to hold peoples hand if they cant understand the nature of the post.
    edited May 2013
    yult wrote: »
    All the White Knight nonsense in this thread aside, yes, GWF's are complete **** and I'm posting this here to +1 that they need to be significantly buffed.

My main is an 11k cleric who has been running T2s since May 1st, and I have a 10k GWF who I don't play after having mostly geared him out since it's impossible to find groups.

Nice to see somebody who understands. most of the replies have been from self important trolls
This discussion has been closed.