test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GWF's and GF's - you are useless...

piku247piku247 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
... in the eyes of many guilds and many groups. Let me quote two conversations, mine (GWF) and my friend (GF).

GWF - Hello I found on the official NWO forum thread about your guild and i would like to join
<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> - what is your level at this moment?
GWF - 60 and 11k GS
<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> - awesome, what class?
GWF- gwf experienced in every t2 dungeon except dread vault
<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> - nah, we dont need gwf's, no one wants you on his team and this causes problems

And explaining that I am experienced player, I did almost all the dungeons, are worthless

<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> - LFM 10k GS+ for Spellplague. Need experienced players! PM
GF - 10.5 gf here, i've done it, i know what to do
<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> - sorry dude, i prefer another wizard or cleric

My friend abandoned the game two weeks ago. He just give up, he doesn't want to do all over again the second game character just to please someone. I'm still fighting this system, still trying to find a party for something, but more and more it's starting to weigh and i'm wondering about changing the game.
Post edited by piku247 on

Comments

• Options
    cerebral79cerebral79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    make friends with a Cleric of similar experience and GS then start your own groups and you three will be in control of your Dungeons parties. Im a GF and fortunately I have 4 other friends that are in my group for pvp and dungeons but without them im sure i'd be in the same boat as you are.

They will fix the classes soon enough just try to hang in there and find fun where you can in the meantime.
  • Options
    vamps37vamps37 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    I run w/ a GWF and a GF in my groups and knowing your class makes all the difference.
  • Options
    woochangsilverwoochangsilver Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    we have an 11k GS GF in our guild that can almost DPS as much as a rogue, any can with the right build
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    we have an 11k GS GF in our guild that can almost DPS as much as a rogue, any can with the right build

this is not about how hard you hit, its about your role in group. I know that i am good, my friend know, that he is good and we can make similar damage deal as TR but overall, at every boss, just on boss (or PvP), TR deal more damage than GWF/GF and CW will protect cleric better than GWF/GF. So now is the question. Why should they invite GWF/GF to a party if they get better results with CW's/TR's
  • Options
    lilura138lilura138 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I play a GWF. Without my cleric friend I'd never get to run dungeons.
  • Options
    kenjidoomkenjidoom Member Posts: 21
    edited May 2013
    piku247 wrote: »
    this is not about how hard you hit, its about your role in group. I know that i am good, my friend know, that he is good and we can make similar damage deal as TR but overall, at every boss, just on boss (or PvP), TR deal more damage than GWF/GF and CW will protect cleric better than GWF/GF. So now is the question. Why should we invite GWF/GF to a party if we get better results with CW's/TR's

Why not? Are the fights really so hard for you that you have to only invite the perfect group composition that is fully geared in best in slot items? Or are you so bad that you have to get the "best" classes to carry you, even though the two fighter classes perform well enough in the right hands? People are so stupid it makes me sad to even read these forums....
  • Options
    lowe911lowe911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so much hates on GWF's and GF's, D: I have experienced that one too with my 9.3k gs GF, it's so hard to join a premade dgn team unless they're your guildmates, wai so much hateees D:
  • Options
    zxetzxet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    classes being fixed should of been the first thing they did before adding more <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on the zen market
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kenjidoom wrote: »
    Why not? Are the fights really so hard for you that you have to only invite the perfect group composition that is fully geared in best in slot items? Or are you so bad that you have to get the "best" classes to carry you, even though the two fighter classes perform well enough in the right hands? People are so stupid it makes me sad to even read these forums....

dude... im saying this as GWF, u read it wrong. I know that i can do a dungeon with a normal not overpowered group but people want to do it faster, better without gwf's and gf's. Its not my opinion its reality.
  • Options
    shoveljonshoveljon Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem is with all the people playing fighters like they are rogues. Get on boss! Do damage! DO MOAR DAMAGE!!!!!!1 and then either they die, because they don't have rogue tools like bait and switch or impossible to catch, or the group dies, because a billion adds that the fighter could have been cleaving and knocking around start nuking the party.

The class is amazing when played well. They can do good damage, control the hell out of soldier and caster type adds, and have decent mobility. Whenever I see a gwf built solely to dps I wonder why they don't just play a rogue. In dnd fighters aren't (usually) damage machines, so much as they are tanky battlefield controllers and minion blenders.
  • Options
    lowe911lowe911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now that the GF cannot even block anymore... we could replace the shield with a potato and no one would notice a difference.

/sadface

well said, give us those **** potatoes! my block meter is just as soft as mashed potatoes
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They're welcome in a PVP guild, especially GFs. Crit built one and you have one mean, mean adversary.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Any GF who says they are 10.5 is probably Conq and in some awful gear. My gear is **** and I'm over 14k.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    herakleiaherakleia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    Even aside from the aggro issues, GWFs will have a hard time tanking much of anything so long as their basic strike damage avoidance method is "run away".

Likewise, GWFs will have a hard time DPSing so long as their basic strike damage avoidance method is "run away". GWF DPS depends on picking a single target and staying on it. Constantly having that reset is an issue with the class.

I try to make myself useful by roping in and AOEing adds. But eventually you get overrun, and you're useless because there's too much red stuff on the ground and you can't close with anything and expect to be able to stay there. This is what needs to be fixed with the GWF from my experience so far.
  • Options
    ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    piku247 wrote: »
    dude... im saying this as GWF, u read it wrong. I know that i can do a dungeon with a normal not overpowered group but people want to do it faster, better without gwf's and gf's. Its not my opinion its reality.

That's why they want CW's to throw stuff off cliffs when possible.
    They need TR's to DPS the boss.
    They need DC's to heal the TR's and CW's who toss adds off cliffs vs. bosses.

Where does that leave other classes?
  • Options
    ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They're welcome in a PVP guild, especially GFs. Crit built one and you have one mean, mean adversary.

Totally agree with this.
  • Options
    cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cerebral79 wrote: »
    make friends with a Cleric of similar experience and GS then start your own groups and you three will be in control of your Dungeons parties. Im a GF and fortunately I have 4 other friends that are in my group for pvp and dungeons but without them im sure i'd be in the same boat as you are.

They will fix the classes soon enough just try to hang in there and find fun where you can in the meantime.

I am not sure how this helps... Seeing that some dungeons for the most part require 2x DC to run. It doesn't change the fact that GF are really not that fun to play and nearly every other truely useful skill they have is bugged.

Nor the fact that their only AoE taunt is limited to 5 targets. Not that we can tank better than a cleric anyways.
  • Options
    cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shoveljon wrote: »
    The problem is with all the people playing fighters like they are rogues. Get on boss! Do damage! DO MOAR DAMAGE!!!!!!1 and then either they die, because they don't have rogue tools like bait and switch or impossible to catch, or the group dies, because a billion adds that the fighter could have been cleaving and knocking around start nuking the party.

The class is amazing when played well. They can do good damage, control the hell out of soldier and caster type adds, and have decent mobility. Whenever I see a gwf built solely to dps I wonder why they don't just play a rogue. In dnd fighters aren't (usually) damage machines, so much as they are tanky battlefield controllers and minion blenders.

You are wrong sir.. If you run Conq build yes.. you can do OK damage.

However if you play as a TANK in protection or tactics... the way most of us thought GF was suppose to be... Either respec or get hazed by your group. Good player or not... a sucky design is still a sucky design and nothing you can do can change that.

How GF made it through closed Beta is completely amazing to me... oh wait that is right all 50+ content was down in house? I am very curious on what tests PWE/Cryptic did with GF in T2 and CN before release.