test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion - level 60 Blue equipment

ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Simple, reduce level requirement for level 60 blue gear. It's just equipment going for waste. Try placing anything level 60 and blue into the AH and see what prices are, pretty much 100AD.

Since the new area level 60 blue is dropping at a very heavy rate and it's only use is npc vending for silver. It makes me wonder what people are doing with greens, oh yeh, that would be nothing, if you could map out green drops as litter over the period since the new area was implemented, the floor would be green, you wouldn't even see trees becuase the pile of greens would be that high.

I know people complained about the inability to earn gold effectively and yes, this has helped but it seems to me that this is a really poor way of implementing it, honestly, it's lazy. How to help people make gold? I know let's increase level 60 blue item drop in the new area by 100%. Something sounds similar here,

How can we make dungeon bosses tougher? I know, let's add more adds.

I really want to rant and call out things as they obviously are but the moderation here is the only thing that's on the ball.

So, reduce the level requirements for the current level 60 blues, 50-59 would be effective, rather thank being npc fodder and litter, it gives more variety, especially as the max level is filled for purples.

Another suggestion would be to see a few more purples that have a reduced level requirement, think there is only one item? GWF weapon? Maybe more, but not enough. Take demand focus off the top-end 60 items, mix it up. People like variety, it's good.

Edit: For potential mod viewers, please don't mistake subtle sarcasm for trolling. I'm too old to troll and quite frankly can't abide by the definition it has taken on. This is a serious suggestion with serious statements.
Post edited by ukspawn on

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    One critical aspect of those level 60 blues is to allow players who don't do group content at all to give themselves a decent gear upgrade.

They're out there, but they don't talk much. They don't run dungeons. Feywild is nice for them because they can do it alone.

Level 50-59 blue items exist in the game, but they don't drop from level 60 monsters. There were a lot more blue items for level 30+ floating around pre-Feywild, I've noticed. I know that lately, I haven't had a lot of time for anything else.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    actually, these blues already exist. they dropped out of the old gloomwrought boxes you'd get from the nightmare lockbox and now the new feywrought or whatever it's called box has the same thing. you can use these items at level 49 but they are level 60 items.

Attachment not found.

and i don't pick up greens anymore. just blues. it's a space thing.
    and most blues i sell for gold. some are definitely keepers since some are just as good as T1 rings/waist/neck. but i usually throw those into the guild bank.
  • Options
    ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    There are still massive stocks of purples on AH that are relatively cheap, especially when you consider that anyone who levels 1-60 normally will easily be able to afford to kit themselves out in full purples gear that is vastly superior to anything blue of the lvl 60 requirement.

Even more so, for those specific players you're mentioning, it would take nothing more than a day (single session) of play time to fully kit themselves out in blues? What do you think happens to the rest of the blues they aquire?

I'm fully aware of gloomwrought and feywild equivalent boxes. These boxes are best used at lower levels, not level 60. These items have a dramatic level decrease, I'm talking specifically about lowering level 60 blues to level 50 at the lowest. The stats for the level drop on those boxes are superior when popped at the right levels.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It's weird - on my most recent 60, I've found that many of the blue pieces have better stat combinations than purple ones (not counting the 2 or 4 piece bonuses).

I will say that prior to Feywild, I'd simply vendor any green items I picked up - now I can sell the blue ones or use them to equip my companions. Of course, that's only until the free greater ID scrolls I have dry up - no way I'm spending 145 AD on a scroll, only to be able to sell it for less than that.

I do wish the gap between purple and blue gear wasn't quite as wide, though.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ukspawn wrote: »
    Simple, reduce level requirement for level 60 blue gear. It's just equipment going for waste. Try placing anything level 60 and blue into the AH and see what prices are, pretty much 100AD.

Since the new area level 60 blue is dropping at a very heavy rate and it's only use is npc vending for silver. It makes me wonder what people are doing with greens, oh yeh, that would be nothing, if you could map out green drops as litter over the period since the new area was implemented, the floor would be green, you wouldn't even see trees becuase the pile of greens would be that high.

I know people complained about the inability to earn gold effectively and yes, this has helped but it seems to me that this is a really poor way of implementing it, honestly, it's lazy. How to help people make gold? I know let's increase level 60 blue item drop in the new area by 100%. Something sounds similar here,

How can we make dungeon bosses tougher? I know, let's add more adds.

I really want to rant and call out things as they obviously are but the moderation here is the only thing that's on the ball.

So, reduce the level requirements for the current level 60 blues, 50-59 would be effective, rather thank being npc fodder and litter, it gives more variety, especially as the max level is filled for purples.

Another suggestion would be to see a few more purples that have a reduced level requirement, think there is only one item? GWF weapon? Maybe more, but not enough. Take demand focus off the top-end 60 items, mix it up. People like variety, it's good.

Edit: For potential mod viewers, please don't mistake subtle sarcasm for trolling. I'm too old to troll and quite frankly can't abide by the definition it has taken on. This is a serious suggestion with serious statements.

Well it's a waste for you because you are all geared up in purple. They made blue gear drop more often because a lot of purple gear binds on pick-up now, not so you can make more gold, but to gear yourself before you have access to purple gear. And, because it's tradable, you can help gear your alts too. The main purpose for gear is to, you know, wear it, not sell it.
    Unlike purple gear, which is epic and should not be for player that haven't reach max level anyway (imo), blue gear drops way before level 60. I just made two new characters and one of them was almost entirely geared in blue even before level 30. It might be a matter of luck to find it, but blue gear is not restricted to level 60. Level 60 blue gear is not level 60 because it's blue, it's level 60 because of the stats is has. You can't reduce the level requirement for any level 60 gear.
    You don't have everything figured out as you would seem to think. Before you make suggestions inform yourself a little.
    We have so many serious problems, some of which really ruin certain aspects of the game and the forum is filled with threads about how you can't make as much profit in AH or buthurt PvP'ers.

As a side note
    Look around the forum, it's filled with rants and complains. Go on a rant as much as you like. No one will take any actions against you as long as you keep it civilized.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Not a bad idea really, although I was able to gear up my DC for pvp for like 10k AD with regen blue's so not all bad heh =P

Could make it like DAOC where you can equip any gear at any level you just only get a level appropriate bonus from it. I had my Epic quest gear (BiS) for Champion at lvl 1 =D
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.