Options

Loot system is changing soon...

13»

Comments

• Options
    amberstardusteramberstarduster Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    No thats not a fair system. What if it isnt an upgrade then they get it by default. It should be roll need and it binds. Roll greed its bind on equip.

Its funny how people cant see beyond getting loot in their slot.

All this will Accomplish is everyone switching to Rolling Greed, and the same issue happening still. if its an Epic/Rare item make it Bind on Pickup like just about every other MMO. Then it can't be sold.
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This. It's commonly known fair-play practice. Deny it and we all be greedy scumbags needing on everything to sell it. I don't want to be like this and I don't want to play with people having this sort of mentality. This is a social game. Want everything for yourself and you don't care about others? Go play some single player grind game.

Agreed. Everyone else going "I wanna be a ******bag and I think everyone should be one" is wrong.
    All this will Accomplish is everyone switching to Rolling Greed, and the same issue happening still. if its an Epic/Rare item make it Bind on Pickup like just about every other MMO. Then it can't be sold.

Not really - if you legitimately need the item, you won't mind not being able to auction it, so you'll roll need on it, which trumps greed.
  • Options
    chickenjackchickenjack Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No thats not a fair system. What if it isnt an upgrade then they get it by default. It should be roll need and it binds. Roll greed its bind on equip.

Its funny how people cant see beyond getting loot in their slot.

I actually really like that idea.
  • Options
    rangarosrangaros Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about actually TEACHING players about the need/greed system to begin with? Isn't that why the game has a bunch of tutorial stuff every time you do something new? Many seem so assume everyone is just a bunch of jerks that want to sell everything, but a lot of people actually don't know the system.
    Just have one of those message windows pop up the first time you get to roll and explain the god darn system. That alone would alleviate this whole problem a lot.
  • Options
    klamidia951klamidia951 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All that is needed .. as stated above is an option the leader can make is only appropriate class can roll.

This is in many other games and works great. Get into an organized group or people you know this isnt a problem anyways.

F2P player base is generally all ******nozzles anyway
  • Options
    amberstardusteramberstarduster Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Pop up Tutorial Idea might help with people who are "new" to the game or the system.

I think the main people who are the problem are the ones like the guy we had in a run the other night. Greeded on the first item, then needed on the next 10, including non-class items. When questioned about it his only response was "shhh" and then he began randomly Insulting the person who questioned him and randomly rolling on items. Meaning he would hit Need/Greed/Pass with no pattern at all, other than to be a Dbag.

As for making the Leader responsible for deciding who gets the loot, yea that I can see being even worse. All his friends come first. Call me jaded or cynical but I have seen way too many people use that kind of system to their and their friends advantages.
  • Options
    arimaibasarimaibas Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Personally, I like a "Masterlooter" system, as it most closely resembles what would typically happen in a PnP gaming session. Boss drops loot, and a group decision on who gets what. This lets someone actually in need of an item make a case for getting it. If no one needs it, group can roll for it.

The problem with it is the same as in PnP gaming: favoritism. The party leader is assumed to be in league with one or more other party members (from the same guild, etc), and therefore is giving them the best items. The solution here is pretty much the same as it is in PnP... drop group if you feel taken advantage of and hope they learn their lesson.

The added benefits to Masterlooter is added group communication, and a much-needed death to the frantic, breakneck pacing of dungeon delves.
    Class guardian extends fighter{
        var threat = 0;
        var dps = 5;
        var usefulnessInEndgame = 0;

function main(){
            if(!dead){ die(); }
         }
    }

• Options
    okaminosukeokaminosuke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    rangaros wrote: »
    How about actually TEACHING players about the need/greed system to begin with? Isn't that why the game has a bunch of tutorial stuff every time you do something new?

There is no way to teach people not to be greedy sobs and Need/greed/pass is basic English.
    There is no other solution than to disable the need option for people who need for stuff they don't need (another class). Even if they make loot bound on pickup there would still be plenty people "needing" it for this 1.6 g income from vendor.
  • Options
    notmuchleftnotmuchleft Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What I find amazing is arena net have had a solution to this from day 1 of GW2. Everyone gets their own loot, no fighting, no rolling. Why can't this system be used in NO?
    Only two things in this life are infinite. The universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former. ~ Albert Einstein
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    There is no way to teach people not to be greedy sobs and Need/greed/pass is basic English.
    There is no other solution than to disable the need option for people who need for stuff they don't need (another class). Even if they make loot bound on pickup there would still be plenty people "needing" it for this 1.6 g income from vendor.

the problem is, Need/greed/pass is not simply basic English here, it was a system of priority-roll on looting

well, as I like the current system, I dont like the UI. you cant get Chest while in battle why you can loot? why not loot after battle only? some time people die just pressing shift+1 for help, and some just do maneuver using Shift than use 1 daily skill. or why not put it on F1, F2, F3??
  • Options
    chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You miss the fact that you can have a run of all one class items dropping. Now if that person is already geared the items go to them by default. Why should they get three items to sell. If you have need rolls as BOP and worth one copper then all classes get a fairer oppurtunity as greed is BOE.

I run as a CW and ussually there are 2 of us running so that limits my chance of getting loot.

It's very rare in a dungeon that every drop is only for a single class, and remember chest items still go to whoever each person that opens the chests.

About having more than 1 CW in a group, doesn't the other CW have the exact same chance of getting CW gear... 50%. same goes with 2 of any class.
    @Powerblast in game
  • Options
    pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I solo play or game with my daughter and her friends. Loo system is fine for us. I ask if anyone needs the item, if not I take it. No problem. Some folks have no manners.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • Options
    chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If its a system with any kind of roll, the only change will be semantics. For instance, if they take the greed thing out and make it roll/pass, everyone will just roll and nothing will have changed. People not of the class that can use the item will be getting loot another person could have used right in front of them and the complaining on the forums about it continues.

Best way to fix this is to give everyone a chest pull, and no one can see what anyone else pulls. People will still get stuff another class can use, but no one will see it.