test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Seals going to be useless with Module 1?

bdragonbbdragonb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Ok, I read the upcoming changes in the Module 1, and stoped at it:

Economy, Items, and Rewards

Bounty items now go to the Currency bag when picked up.
Bounty tokens that were in the Inventory will be auto-moved to the Currency bag.
Bounty tokens now stack to 100, up from 40.
The Currency bag now has 36 slots, up from 24.
Items purchased via Seals and Glory are now bound to the character when purchased.
When a player has a full inventory and walks over items that are automatically picked up, the items are now properly left on the ground.

First you killed the way to anyone that have alts to equip them fast with a T1 set (PVP) that allowed them to get to do DD and GG fast. Now you are killing the way to give them good jewelry too?

I hope you make the cost of new character slots very low to compensate this.:mad:
Post edited by bdragonb on

Comments

• axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Not entirely.

You'll be able to give the stuff you'd of given your alts to the salvage vendor. He'll only offer 2-6k for stuff, but yea most of it only sells for 2-15k anyways, so not a huge loss there.

And no, they aren't killing the ability to twink your alts. Just making it more challenging.

So what. If you don't wanna follow the normal progression again, just play your main a bit more and grind out a proper T1 pve set instead, the pve sets are better in 99% of cases anyways. (and all the drops will remain unbound)

It kills some of the pay to win aspect of the game, which is a very good thing imo.

Spending 10$ bucks and being able to skip every single T1 dungeon in the game and go straight to T2 was a detriment to all the players who legitimately worked thru the T1s to get to the T2s.. As they had to suffer inexperienced noobs causing runs to fail due to the inexperience. This will remedy that, to some degree. (Some will instead pay the $20-30 bucks necessary to get the set to skip to T2s, others will not and properly follow the progression as intended)

Personally played a GF lvling up and knew all the tricks to get insane ADs, so I had pretty much 13k GS the moment I hit 60 and could do T2s..

But despite that I ran some 50+ T1s to grind out my T1 set because I respected the intended progression of the game. Blame all those people (and there are ton) who didn't respect that progression for this change.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • hurk97hurk97 Member Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Yea, the value of these items is at almost nothing so why bother 'fixing' this anyhow? as you said, it lets new 60's gear up to decent levels real cheap which IMO isnt a huge issue. Hopefully we can buy and salvage at least then?
  • ott0madduxott0maddux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    axer128 wrote: »

So what. If you don't wanna follow the normal progression again, just play your main a bit more and grind out a proper T1 pve set instead, the pve sets are better in 99% of cases anyways. (and all the drops will remain unbound)

You missed the part they made DD chests BOP, so it's more like grind a lot to twink your alts
  • wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    don't fret too much over this, they were pretty worthless to begin with
  • bdragonbbdragonb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    axer128 wrote: »
    Not entirely.

You'll be able to give the stuff you'd of given your alts to the salvage vendor. He'll only offer 2-6k for stuff, but yea most of it only sells for 2-15k anyways, so not a huge loss there.

Not a loss? 2-15K refined AD is not the same of 2-6k of Rough AD.

And no, they aren't killing the ability to twink your alts. Just making it more boring.

Corrected for you.

If I'm running an Alt is because I have nothing more to do with my main, and I'm trying to do things in a new way. Don't forget the majority of the drops of boss are off-sets, they don't have a bonus for wearing more tham 1 piece.

It kills some of the pay to win aspect of the game, which is a very good thing imo.

Really?:rolleyes:

Spending 10$ bucks and being able to skip every single T1 dungeon in the game and go straight to T2 was a detriment to all the players who legitimately worked thru the T1s to get to the T2s.. As they had to suffer inexperienced noobs causing runs to fail due to the inexperience. This will remedy that, to some degree. (Some will instead pay the $20-30 bucks necessary to get the set to skip to T2s, others will not and properly follow the progression as intended).

I little late to try to remedy the damage don't you think? But you are right in this point.

Personally played a GF lvling up and knew all the tricks to get insane ADs, so I had pretty much 13k GS the moment I hit 60 and could do T2s..

But despite that I ran some 50+ T1s to grind out my T1 set because I respected the intended progression of the game. Blame all those people (and there are ton) who didn't respect that progression for this change.

Blame people for being stupid to give money for pixels? The bait was there, they bited. Craptic and PWE got enough money from them, now they are trying to make the game look "better" in the eyes of the new players.

The point is, they are making very uninteresting to have Alts. It would be better if they have made the itens bound to account, not character, until you equip them in your alts.

But ho cares? I have made the mistake to buy 4 new character slots in this last event and no one of my alts are even near lvl 60, but shame on me isn't?
    edited August 2013
    don't fret too much over this, they were pretty worthless to begin with

The jewelry from Drake Seals where pretty good until you got the Ancient ones.
  • badpanda69badpanda69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Blame people for being stupid to give money for pixels? The bait was there, they bite. Craptic and PWE got enough money from them, now they are trying to make the game look "better" in the eyes of the new players.

So how where they supposed to make money from a free to play game with out a sub option. You should be gratefull that they give you an option to exchange your AD to Zen as a lot of F2P games dont have this kinda of option. Personally I dont have a problem dropping some cash on this game Im having fun playing it.

P.S. its bite not bited ;)
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Perhaps they could make seal items Bound to Account? And of course let us transfer items to alts via mail/shared bank.....
  • giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    All items should be bound to account and all forms of player to player trade should be eliminated. Have a nice day.
  • vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Two questions:

- Will this be the case with all Seals? I thought I read that it was Drake only.

- If we buy items now with Seals (unbound) will they become bound retroactively on August 22?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Preview patch notes are taking out some of the sting, reducing the cost to buy seals with bounty items, and reducing the cost of seal items. Haven't had a chance to check it out, and I'm still not thrilled with the change as it wreaks havoc on some of my plans for outfitting alts, but it's something.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • kouroumbelokouroumbelo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i not get it everyone saying it creates problem with gearing alts etc etc...

PVP items were nice amount of AD income for me,could make 30k AD~ per day just from selling t1 stuff...
    GG armor pieces =40-80k AD ....
    Drake seal items some rings can sell for up to 20k AD at times......

if u add the BoP for DD box then how ppl gonna make AD to gear their mains as well lol.

Rank 7-8's vorpals/soulforged or plague etc would be a no go for a free player (and enchants make the most different in gear in game)

The dude that said this gonna help the f2p ppl must be joking..
    the ppl paying zen will have much bigger advantage than f2p ppl compared to b4 and thats obvious really..
    edited August 2013
    badpanda69 wrote: »
    So how where they supposed to make money from a free to play game with out a sub option. You should be gratefull that they give you an option to exchange your AD to Zen as a lot of F2P games dont have this kinda of option. Personally I dont have a problem dropping some cash on this game Im having fun playing it.

P.S. its bite not bited ;)

They can make money offering services for a "just" price, or selling customization itens for zen, not this greedy P2W policy.

And seens that the correct for is Bit. Thansk for forcing me to search for it, I need to train more my english.;)
    giggliato wrote: »
    All items should be bound to account and all forms of player to player trade should be eliminated. Have a nice day.

Exactly.
    vattara wrote: »
    Two questions:

- Will this be the case with all Seals? I thought I read that it was Drake only.

- If we buy items now with Seals (unbound) will they become bound retroactively on August 22?

The only seals that are not useless are exactly the Drake Seals.

Itens already in your inventory stay unbound.
  • vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The only seals that are not useless are exactly the Drake Seals.
    That may well be but I'm not there yet. Have loads of the lower seals I'd like to use forgear purchase and AH
    Items already in your inventory stay unbound.
    That's the info I needed. :) Trying to get some friends to give Never Winter a try and would like to share the wealth. Cant give them bop seals but can give them gear.
  • bobmdqbobmdq Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    giggliato wrote: »

200% agree with this!
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    But you must give thanks to the real reason why this is happening. The major controlling factor and growing player base that uses botz. Cryptic thinks this will reduce the number of botz in pvp. This wont change a thing unless they nerf the exp gained in pvp also. Taking away exp totaly would drop the botz in pvp down to nill. BUt then they will just move to another area of the game.
  • tigerspawn1tigerspawn1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They should eliminate all experience for PVP and praying. The seals are worthless most items are junk. They need to allow us to click on bots and have that report them instantly. Who has time during dungeons, skirmishes and PVP to find out what their name and email address is? They state that paying is not necessary. That everything that you need can be gained in game. That was the case. They are taking that away. Now if you need stuff you are going to have to pay for it. They need to find these people who have hundreds of alts and bots and ban not only them but their IP address. Why punish everyone?
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Perhaps they could make seal items Bound to Account? And of course let us transfer items to alts via mail/shared bank.....

That'd be great. But you have to talk them into adding a shared bank first.

Supposedly the mail system they use can't tell if you are sending it to your own account or someone else's. The one item in game I know of that did say it was 'account bound' instead of 'character bound' we are still unable to trade to our alts.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR