test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Only 4 people here had 2 minutes to spare lol

Comments

• kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I five starred the one quest not because I particularly liked it, but because it was highly innovative in it's extensive use of letting the player customize encounters including friendly ones. And I posted in the thread for it that I 5 starred it for innovation. It's worth people playing if only to see that and get ideas about how they might want to use that in their own work.

On his other quest I told him 'you need to completely rebuilt the entire map', among other things.
  • darkaninddarkanind Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    I, for one, have a life, and was working. QQ. Jebus.
  • screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Sorry man, I still have your quests bookmarked to play eventually. A bit burned out on NW at the moment, but will get to them. :/

(I appreciate satirical humor which sounds to be the inspiration for your work- unless I'm completely off base). :D
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry man, I still have your quests bookmarked to play eventually. A bit burned out on NW at the moment, but will get to them. :/

(I appreciate satirical humor which sounds to be the inspiration for your work- unless I'm completely off base). :D

I'm feeling a little burned out myself so I understand. There's a bit of satirical humor in Regular Quest. The Catacombs of Dread is more D&D lore with some zaniness and jokes about the economic collapse that happened, but it's heavy in exploration with no waypoints, huge rooms, and hidden items/objectives. It takes two hours, and can get a little dull at parts. I designed it mostly for a small niche of players, so you might not like it. As Kamaliicious said, Regular Quest is pretty innovative despite being so simple. I recommend people try it over The Catacombs of Dread as it's a lot less time consuming, can give you an idea or two, and can actually be pretty fun to run more than once to try out the different combinations of armies on either side.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    I'm feeling a little burned out myself so I understand. There's a bit of satirical humor in Regular Quest. The Catacombs of Dread is more D&D lore with some zaniness and jokes about the economic collapse that happened, but it's heavy in exploration with no waypoints, huge rooms, and hidden items/objectives. It takes two hours, and can get a little dull at parts. I designed it mostly for a small niche of players, so you might not like it. As Kamaliicious said, Regular Quest is pretty innovative despite being so simple. I recommend people try it over The Catacombs of Dread as it's a lot less time consuming, can give you an idea or two, and can actually be pretty fun to run more than once to try out the different combinations of armies on either side.

I think I'll fire up the "Regular Quest" before diving back into my project again, then. Was hoping the longer one was a satirical jab at MMO's in general, the "dread" of menial and mindless tasks, and reviewers missed the point, but perhaps an idea for a sequel? :D

Cheers
  • drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People talked like time was the main issue, so I tried to give them something they could play. It's discouraging that I can't get people to try it out.

Hey dude,

People are not going to want to try your quests out here. The problem is you have woven such a negative image for yourself among the other authors (practically the only people that meander the foundry page) that they really don't want to spend time with your quests.

I have been very cordial, political and offered advice on how to get plays, and help and all that but you keep digging this hole for yourself man. Stop pointing fingers at other authors, and stop making such negative posts all the time. This is all I can say.

I hope you find your peace with the foundry community.

~Drake
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
    edited May 2013
    I think I'll fire up the "Regular Quest" before diving back into my project again, then. Was hoping the longer one was a satirical jab at MMO's in general, the "dread" of menial and mindless tasks, and reviewers missed the point, but perhaps an idea for a sequel? :D

Cheers

Yes, the dread of menial tasks, and walking back and forth, is played on a little bit. Maybe a little too much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    drakedge2 wrote: »
    Hey dude,

People are not going to want to try your quests out here. The problem is you have woven such a negative image for yourself among the other authors (practically the only people that meander the foundry page) that they really don't want to spend time with your quests.

I have been very cordial, political and offered advice on how to get plays, and help and all that but you keep digging this hole for yourself man. Stop pointing fingers at other authors, and stop making such negative posts all the time. This is all I can say.

I hope you find your peace with the foundry community.

~Drake

Maybe I'm digging a hole, but all that dirt has gotta go somewhere. Eventually I'll end up with a pretty big hill by my metaphorical pit. The only reason I've gotten the 14 reviews that I have is because I've butted heads with a few people on here and that brought some attention to my quests. I tried being cordial, and political, and I've offered advice to a bunch of people on here as well. That didn't get me too far, I'm afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If that is the lesson you learned, then I do not know what to say:(. I am pretty sure that if you were less abrasive you would have had more success simply asking nicely.

FTR, I did the regular quest and found it boring and pointless. Sorry, do not know how else to say it. The attempted humor did not work for me at all.
    edited May 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    If that is the lesson you learned, then I do not know what to say:(. I am pretty sure that if you were less abrasive you would have had more success simply asking nicely.

FTR, I did the regular quest and found it boring and pointless. Sorry, do not know how else to say it. The attempted humor did not work for me at all.

It doesn't matter how I act or what kind of content I create, people are going to complain about something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • almostcoolalmostcool Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This popcorn is fantastic. It's really hitting the spot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
    Short Code: NW-DM900IFHK
    Tired of Being the Hero: NW-DGTOU4N94
  • dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chili1179 wrote: »
    I can tell you what people want.
    For it to be shorter.
    For it to be longer.
    For it to be easier.
    For it to be harder.
    For it to have less story.
    For it to have more story.
    For it to have more traps.
    For it to have less traps.
    For it to be darker.
    For it to be lighter.
    Better loot.
    More Experience.
    More exploration.
    Less exploration.

I could go on and on but I think you get the gist of it.

On a more serious note, the best thing to do is to provide a balance of all things.

This is totally true. For every person who loves one aspect of a quest, you can find someone who thinks it's the worst thing ever. Ideally though the # of people who agree with the former outweighs the latter, and then you have yourself a good quest.

So I played your quest. I could recommend it to anyone who is severely time challenged. Maybe next you can create one that is somewhere in the middle part of 2 minutes and 2 hours and I think you will have a winner. :)
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
    edited May 2013
    dzogen wrote: »
    This is totally true. For every person who loves one aspect of a quest, you can find someone who thinks it's the worst thing ever. Ideally though the # of people who agree with the former outweighs the latter, and then you have yourself a good quest.

So I played your quest. I could recommend it to anyone who is severely time challenged. Maybe next you can create one that is somewhere in the middle part of 2 minutes and 2 hours and I think you will have a winner. :)

Thanks so much for the positive feedback. Yes, Regular Quest was designed for those with limited time, while The Catacombs of Dread was made in spite of them. I will work to find balance and hopefully find more fans.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • coanunncoanunn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 368 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    How many of these posts have to be removed, edited, closed, before you get the hint? People have been kind and courteous, you ignore them. They are blatant, obvious, blunt, and you call them trolls or state they don't get it. How long till you realize that if everyone is negative toward you it might have something to do with you? Good rule of thumb, least common denominator. The only common thing in this is you, perhaps it's time to reexamine your behavior, expectations, and perhaps even your skill as a story teller and foundry author.

Now if you will excuse me I think the popcorn is sounding good after a long day on my feet running a grill for friends.
    Do you crave a good old fashioned dungeon crawl? One where the dungeon tells it's own story? The Dungeon Delves campaign is just for you! Start with my first release: NW-DQF4T7QYH Any cave can lead to adventure!
    edited May 2013
    coanunn wrote: »
    How many of these posts have to be removed, edited, closed, before you get the hint? People have been kind and courteous, you ignore them. They are blatant, obvious, blunt, and you call them trolls or state they don't get it. How long till you realize that if everyone is negative toward you it might have something to do with you? Good rule of thumb, least common denominator. The only common thing in this is you, perhaps it's time to reexamine your behavior, expectations, and perhaps even your skill as a story teller and foundry author.

Now if you will excuse me I think the popcorn is sounding good after a long day on my feet running a grill for friends.

I have made a special thank you thread for all my reviewers, including the ones who rated me 3 stars or less, even the one person who rated me 1 star was thanked personally more than once, and I've taken their suggestions into serious consideration.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    I have made a special thank you thread for all my reviewers, including the ones who rated me 3 stars or less, even the one person who rated me 1 star was thanked personally more than once, and I've taken their suggestions into serious consideration.

Yep, and that undoes all the other places where you have ignored, insulted, cajoled, whined, etc.. I thank every person who gives me feedback too, but not by patting myself on the back with a post about who they are and how they rated my quest. In fact in all of my thank you's I do the exact opposite and ask for more detail on how I can make their experience better. That is the part you are failing to see, the self centered nature of your outlook doesn't allow you to see the center of the equation..
    Do you crave a good old fashioned dungeon crawl? One where the dungeon tells it's own story? The Dungeon Delves campaign is just for you! Start with my first release: NW-DQF4T7QYH Any cave can lead to adventure!
    edited May 2013
    coanunn wrote: »
    Yep, and that undoes all the other places where you have ignored, insulted, cajoled, whined, etc.. I thank every person who gives me feedback too, but not by patting myself on the back with a post about who they are and how they rated my quest. In fact in all of my thank you's I do the exact opposite and ask for more detail on how I can make their experience better. That is the part you are failing to see, the self centered nature of your outlook doesn't allow you to see the center of the equation..

I'd think someone with an evil jester as their avatar would be more understanding of how eccentricity draws attention.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vaelicvaelic Member Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Thread title says it all. Thanks to those 4. The rest of you, well, I don't know what your problem is. :rolleyes:

I tested it for you and left notes in the review box :)

Can you try mine out in return? it's in my sig
    MY FOUNDRY QUEST

Quest Title: Don't "Count" on it - Ch. 1
    Short Code: NW-DQ3H4MXKG
    Duration: 15-20 minutes

DAILY FOUNDRY ELIGIBLE? Yes!
    edited May 2013
    vaelic wrote: »
    I tested it for you and left notes in the review box :)

Can you try mine out in return? it's in my sig

Sure but it will have to be tomorrow when I get off work around noon, it's past my bedtime. I'll save the short-code before I pass out. Also, it says the account service is down when I try to log in. Must be maintenance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • notauriousnotaurious Member Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I've been needing a home for this.

michael-jackson-eating-popcorn-o.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Short Code Copy/Paste: NW-DJC4R9H3R
  • tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wuhsin, I've discovered that I'm capable of identifying threads made by you simply by reading their titles. You're the only person around here I can do that with. You single yourself out around here, and not in a good way.

Just about everything you say is some kind of negative jab at someone else, and whenever you are confronted with your own faults, the criticism bounces off your ego and is redirected, by you, at anyone you deem a suitable target at the moment. There's a passive aggressive undertone to most of your posts, and your requests to the devs when you want something come off as a child in the back seat of a car going "are we there yet" over and over.

The comparison to thunderspank is apt, though the two of you have a somewhat different way of expressing your egos. I recommend doing a search for his username to see what the comparison is all about. He's one of the only two people I've had issues with on these forums, and for good reason.

As for your quests, your posts have made sure I'll never (knowingly) play them. There's more than enough silent, shy and humble authors out there who deserve attention, and I'd rather devote mine to them than to someone who's likely to use any constructive criticism I can come up with as an excuse to attack me.
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL great Forum thread:

I played your 2 minute and liked the innovated interaction's (I have a lot to learn - every Foundry quest is different in the community),

I gave it 4 stars and had my main play it as well for fun - cheers!
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
    edited May 2013
    jintortle wrote: »
    LOL great Forum thread:

I played your 2 minute and liked the innovated interaction's (I have a lot to learn - every Foundry quest is different in the community),

I gave it 4 stars and had my main play it as well for fun - cheers!

Glad you liked it, Jin. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    tilt42 wrote: »
    As for your quests, your posts have made sure I'll never (knowingly) play them. There's more than enough silent, shy and humble authors out there who deserve attention, and I'd rather devote mine to them than to someone who's likely to use any constructive criticism I can come up with as an excuse to attack me.

By the way, if you barge in someone else's thread, and insult them for being proud, or defending their work from people who feel they are too good to even try it, you are NOT humble, you don't even know what humility means. You guys put that in your pipe and smoke it. A humble Foundry author would stay in his own thread and promote his own quest rather than find reasons not to play someone else's quest and gripe about it while feigning character.

Also, I've not attacked reviewers. Look at my special thanks list. Did I attack any of those guys? No. I might have explained why I can't do what they want, or why I'm not going to yet, but that's not an attack. The people who barged in here making such claims are not my reviewers. Check my reviews. The guys in here attacking me have not tried my maps because they feel they're too good, much like you do. And yet you guys say I'm the arrogant one? I've never said "I'm too good to try this." before knocking something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    By the way, if you barge in someone else's thread, and insult them for being proud, or defending their work from people who feel they are too good to even try it, you are NOT humble, you don't even know what humility means. You guys put that in your pipe and smoke it. A humble Foundry author would stay in his own thread and promote his own quest rather than find reasons not to play someone else's quest and gripe about it while feigning character.

Notice how my criticism bounced off your ego and turned into attack upon me? Remember how I talked about that in my previous post? Need I say more?
    edited May 2013
    tilt42 wrote: »
    Notice how my criticism bounced off your ego and turned into attack upon me? Remember how I talked about that in my previous post? Need I say more?

I'm rubber, you're glue. Whatever you say bounces off me, and sticks to you! :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yes. That would be the expression of maturity that almost everyone in this thread has been talking about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You would think that someone that uses yen and yang as their sigil would understand balance. Listen dude..learn how to take constructive feedback. You keep posting trying to get people to play your quests.. but you won't listen to anything these people say to you. How old are you, 8 ? Get over yourself.. I've tried your quests and they sucked. Now go look at your work again... maybe you can let go of your ego for a bit and address some to the issues people have pointed out to you. Really.. just stop flaming here on the forums. Advertise if you want to , but please stop all this whining... really, you sound like a child. For all I know, you may be just a kid. If that is true.. then listen to what people tell you.. they are just trying to help you. If you are not a child.. then start acting like an adult.. I know all this negative feedback might be a hard pill to swallow, but seriously dude... get over it.

PS... instead of lurking here on the forums all day (seriously, I'm here a lot looking for answers to questions and tips). It seems like you have posted on every single thread here. Go work on your quests... they need lots and lots of work.
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Really? Geez.

FTR, eccentricity does not = being a jerk.
    edited May 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    Really? Geez.

FTR, eccentricity does not = being a jerk.

That would require he realize he is his own problem.