test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NW-DLSWQU7ZN Beggar In Need

byargerbyarger Member Posts: 18 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Foundry
This is my first foundry quest! I must say I am proud but I would like some feedback please!

Campaign Name: BeggarInNeed@byarger
Short Code: NW-DLSWQU7ZN
Mission Type: Dungeon/ Storyline
Average Duration: 15 min
Starts: Protectors Enclave
Mission Summary:

Alrica, a merchant in the marketplace recently ran into a strange man. He was scared and in a hurry. Alrica placed a help wanted to find an adventurer willing to help this poor man. Hurry though! She fears something horrible will happen to him!

Author Tips/Hints: I made this quest for those interested more in a story line than combat...don't get me wrong, there are plenty of fights to pick with the undead!

i4TYDmK.jpg

AcF8h4p.jpg

DQGy3cN.jpg

qzhebyE.jpg

I am ready for suggestions from others to improve this quest! Thanks!
Post edited by byarger on

Comments

• byargerbyarger Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just leave me the short code for your quest if you would like a review!
  • janusthemadjanusthemad Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I liked this adventure so much I've subscribed to you in anticipation of the next part. The story, the decorations, and the attention to detail were all amazing. The traps were a nice touch too.

My only comment is that I spawned facing the wrong direction at Adventurer's Rest.
    A Gladiator's Legacy - NW-DJLZO65TG
    edited August 2013
    I will fix the spawn point! Thanks for the review! I will be working on the next part soon :-)
  • adylhereadylhere Member Posts: 46
    edited August 2013
    I suppose this should be merged with the other part because it is kinda shorty. I as Varian hate crypts but this is well made. I like the path to the crypt with turns and obstructions and the broken towers around. Creates sense of exploring and danger. But it is kinda tiny quest.

If you want you can check mine in signature.
  • aaldaemonaaldaemon Member Posts: 94
    edited August 2013
    I will trade you a review. :) My quest is in my signature.

EDIT: I played and reviewed it.

Very well done. I quite enjoyed it!

My only suggestion would be to maybe tone down the yellow text - but that's just personal preference, minor nitpick. :p
    Assassination Contract NW-DOD6JMS5H - story + combat. Trading reviews.
    I'm improving my quest on an almost daily basis - so if you come back to it after a week or so, it won't be quite the same!
  • vephidvephid Member Posts: 50
    edited August 2013
    Hello,

I've reviewed your quest few minutes ago. I liked your maps specially the graveyard, that gray sky in combination with the mausoleum towers, tombs and trees, somehow looked artistic to me and i loved that. I'd add some patrolling encounters there or make them wander to make it look more scarier than it is, ambushing encounters can be great to that map too.

Once "in", i must say that you made a great job, the collapsed ceilings with the light coming tru, the broken statues... i've seen many crypts but this one was really cool! I'd remove that blood fountain, but thats a matter of taste.

There is one thing... it's too short and just when things were getting interesting... suddenly the chest appears!! grrr.

Anyway, i enjoyed this quest and the only thing i can say is that i wished it to be longer.

Good job, overall!

You can try mine if you wish, heres a short code: NW-DTNQ57N4B
    Check out my campaign "A time of need" NWS-DK9TIAT7J! I'm still seeking and trading reviews, feel free to send me a message with your foundry code and I will play them as soon as possible.
    edited August 2013
    I am going to work on making the quest longer! I have had lots of requests to merge the second part of the quest with this one :-) I will post here once I have updated it!
    Thanks everyone for playing! I cant wait to play some of your quests as well!

Quests pending review:
    Family Secrets NW-DM71LY21M (I believe I have played this one already but I will play again!)
    Assassination Contract NW-DOD6JMS5H
    NW-DTNQ57N4B
  • melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I sent you a PM with detailed notes, I think this is a very promising story
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ