test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please please please ust Wipe the Server and get it over and done with :)

13»

Comments

• Options
    pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe it now so the next wave of exploits can destroy it again.
  • Options
    deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I said the same thing in another thread: I've spent close to $600 on this game, with 2 level 60s. I'd leave tomorrow and not look back if they wiped my 2 legit characters tomorrow. How much money have you spent on your free to play game? I don't think this decision is as easy as you think. They'd alienate a lot of high paying players with a complete wipe - the people like me that actually fund them, would be gone.
  • Options
    talmaran1024talmaran1024 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deistik wrote: »
    I said the same thing in another thread: I've spent close to $600 on this game, with 2 level 60s. I'd leave tomorrow and not look back if they wiped my 2 legit characters tomorrow. How much money have you spent on your free to play game? I don't think this decision is as easy as you think. They'd alienate a lot of high paying players with a complete wipe - the people like me that actually fund them, would be gone.

Not only would that happen which in PW case would not be the worst case scenario.
    But from European law it would constitute as false advertising (no wipes for founders after head start)
    Witch would entitle u to ask all the money back since the game does not provide as advertised.
    including but not limited to any Zen purchased.

Now i know what some might wand to say ''but what about the 7 hour rollback''.
    Well that would be hard to get a court to agree with you that those 7 hours rollback would go against any made promises but was done as damage control for the game market stability.

So in short a full wipe would entitle you the consumer to get all the money spend back.
    This manly counts towards European law since i know that in Europe we are very strict about false advertising and making promises which if documented count as a legal reference. I don't now how the legality in the US work.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.
  • Options
    biobrainbiobrain Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You want a wipe?
    Wipe your own account & start fresh.
  • Options
    vamaelvamael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Best you can hope for is a new server for a fresh start. They won't wipe the existing servers no matter what happens.
  • Options
    kargisterkargister Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Zero need for a wipe. Before the AH went down the exchange was going 1 zen for 320 diamonds. Where are these billions of exploited diamonds everyone speaks of? Not on the exchange, and judging from the fact that items on the AH in the insanely priced 2mil and up category aren't selling, I'd say they aren't being spent either.

Fact is the banhammer worked. A week later you can't even tell there was an exploit. All that without a wipe. One less piece of drama we can do without.
  • Options
    beanyundeadbeanyundead Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    I really don't understand any of this. Are you all playing the same game as me? What exploits have destroyed the game? Why do the so called wipers want a wipe? I play all the time and I have great fun questing and doing runs without any balancing issues coming up. What could possibly be so unbalanced that the game deserves a wipe, especially considering whatever this critical issue is, it is so invisible that I have never seen evidence of its presence.
  • Options
    minhazulminhazul Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi hi,

Please just wipe the server and let us all start again. Do it now, tonight and then its done. Too many people have benefited from exploits and for all your good intentions there is nothing you can do about them.

Please just wipe it, job done, give everyone the zen that they bought, and lets start fresh. Longer you leave it the more people are going to be annoyed. Most people at this point support it

Its the right thing to do at this point.

Just do it, tonight, done. Everyone starts on a even playing field. Its not as if it takes long to lvl up does it!

Do it, please.

go away, i dont want to start over again.
  • Options
    itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not to mention if they wiped, they would open themselves up to a lot of refunds on Founder Packs and Zen store purchases.
  • Options
    itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not only would that happen which in PW case would not be the worst case scenario.
    But from European law it would constitute as false advertising (no wipes for founders after head start)
    Witch would entitle u to ask all the money back since the game does not provide as advertised.
    including but not limited to any Zen purchased.

Now i know what some might wand to say ''but what about the 7 hour rollback''.
    Well that would be hard to get a court to agree with you that those 7 hours rollback would go against any made promises but was done as damage control for the game market stability.

So in short a full wipe would entitle you the consumer to get all the money spend back.
    This manly counts towards European law since i know that in Europe we are very strict about false advertising and making promises which if documented count as a legal reference. I don't now how the legality in the US work.

It's pretty much the same in the US. If they wipe they would have to give everyone back their initial founder packs and Zen. All you would have to do is not "claim" your in-game items or spend your Zen to get a full refund. Can't charge you for goods not received basically.
  • Options
    tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi hi,

Please just wipe the server and let us all start again. Do it now, tonight and then its done. Too many people have benefited from exploits and for all your good intentions there is nothing you can do about them.

Please just wipe it, job done, give everyone the zen that they bought, and lets start fresh. Longer you leave it the more people are going to be annoyed. Most people at this point support it

Its the right thing to do at this point.

Just do it, tonight, done. Everyone starts on a even playing field. Its not as if it takes long to lvl up does it!

Do it, please.

Hmmmm. You have a May 2013 account. That means you got banned and made a new account.
    Now you're behind and lost all your stuff.
    Sorry You LOSE! But thanks for playing...
  • Options
    sargonnaxsargonnax Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe Cryptic should wipe, but they made the mistake of releasing a game and calling it beta, but still allowing people to still spend money on it so its just a little too late to really wipe anything. Ive played this game under the belief that its basically released no matter what they want to call it so if I have to start over and lose what I have spent a little money on I will move on to the next game.
  • Options
    steenmachinesteenmachine Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game is about to die... I think a wipe might be the only savior.
  • Options
    tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game is about to die... I think a wipe might be the only savior.

Anyone like you with a May 2013 join date just rerolled a new account after getting banned.
    No one cares what you have to say...
  • Options
    khitch25khitch25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    vyshra wrote: »
    No wipe, than heavens!

Calls for wipes strike me as so bizarre. It's as if people enjoy throwing their free time investments away.
    No its more that people like a level and fair playing field. Something we do not have right now.
  • Options
    mrz1mmersmrz1mmers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe is easy as pie, hit delete character and be done with it. Quit crying about what exploiters are "taking advantage if", Let cryptic worry about the exploiters, you just play the game and shut up, or don't for that matter, either way is fine with me, just quit whining.
  • Options
    screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    khitch25 wrote: »
    No its more that people like a level and fair playing field. Something we do not have right now.

Right now? When did we ever?
  • Options
    exarchcathedraexarchcathedra Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They shouldn't wipe now, at this point there's no way they can be confident there aren't more undiscovered bugs; if they're going to wipe they should wait at least another couple of weeks.
  • Options
    chuamishaelchuamishael Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No wipe!, you kids.
    why don't you guys just ask for a new shard/server. so you guys can play there and have a new start??
  • Options
    crowthorncrowthorn Member Posts: 96
    edited May 2013
    No wipe thankyou..

Some people have spent a great deal of time grinding and experimenting on character development, not to mention spending good money.
    I have 4 characters!

Cryptic can sort out who abused the exploit and who didn't.
    No reason for everyone else who didn't exploit, to lose everything they honestly earned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]