test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

beating the dead horse...

Comments

• Options
    jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    forumcan wrote: »
    But people have done it and got away with that... Aren't they?
    So where is the justice.

You wish me to be banned. I also hope that if ever use exploits. And I hoped that happened to cheaters as well.
    I wished PWE had a spine, took responsibility and correct the mistake they did.

For you "requesting justice" might be really the lowest of the low. For me it's a human right.
    If you ever find any aspect of life that's just let me know
    You demanding justice says more about your mental age to be honest which fits well with you hoping to find an exploit. In other words your response is childish through and through
  • Options
    gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I might be beating the dead horse. But I still want to hear a legit answer from PWE

Some people have used various exploits from the "beginning".
    They have every single coin item in the market for free.
    They have the finest mounts, best followers, a set of maxed bags.

And, I have to spend a couple of hundred dollars to have such items (lets say "my play time is very limited" before a fanboy mindlessly defend like "but you dont need to pay money, you can spend a couple of years to get them)
    Do you think that I will ever spend a single penny to buy anything which was pillaged by many for free?

And PWE couldn't grow a spine to wipe the server because they know %75 of people will quit playing if they do so.

I really wonder what they could say about this injustice. (other then a "nice" mod locking this post with her deepest apologies. Instead, I really feel sorry for her for being forced to mute rightful players)

I hope, I could find an exploit as well. Because being honest doesn't mean anything in NW.

The economy is mostly fine. Astral diamond pricing is normal unlike caturday. There's very little inflation. Everything is affordable even to a casual player. Etc
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you really not believe that there are billions of ADs already stashed on alt chars since the beginning, then I can do nothing about that. But I really believe that you agree what I said.
    I personally couldn't care less if they had them stashed somewhere - they're not in the economy, this doesn't affect me. If they were in the economy, we'd see it affect the AD/Z exchange rate.

Besides, we know that it's in the business interest of PWE and Cryptic to identify and ban such mule accounts, so they must be doing it diligently.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Now, please tell me: "Would I want a server wipe if I'm not so sure about the injustice ?"

Heck you're a GF, for all we know you are simply looking for a free respec. :p

And honestly, reasons don't matter. What matters is Cryptic has been firm and unbending in their "No Wipe" stance. And this is in the face of all that has happened, up to this point. Do you or anyone else honestly expect ANYTHING said here is going to change that now?

It is unreasonable.
  • Options
    forumcanforumcan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Heck you're a GF, for all we know you are simply looking for a free respec. :p
    No, I'm good with my current build. I don't know if it's perfect or not, but it fits my playstyle. I would do the same if a wipe happens.

And honestly, reasons don't matter. What matters is Cryptic has been firm and unbending in their "No Wipe" stance. And this is in the face of all that has happened, up to this point. Do you or anyone else honestly expect ANYTHING said here is going to change that now?

I guess you're right. And I'm very sad to agree with that comment. But... I'm ok with that, at least I could say my opinion unlike many fanboys. Eventually another thief will reveal another exploit that will cause another outrage... it may not be true but several people are are talking about item dupe on forums with screenshots right now... this rollback/outrage stuff will go on until ESO release.

It is unreasonable.

+ 10 characters
  • Options
    gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    + 10 characters

I still want you to prove that the economy is totally and irreversibly screwed. This isn't fanboyism for an economy to be that screwed the main currency has to be worthless which it isn't. On top of that in every mmo since the beginning there's billions of "insert currency here." in circulation. Gold sellers are a thing and they have billions upon billions of gold/whatever. You cannot compete with over 200 bots working for a single company on top of 40-60 workers.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    gaerolth wrote: »
    I still want you to prove that the economy is totally and irreversibly screwed. This isn't fanboyism for an economy to be that screwed the main currency has to be worthless which it isn't. On top of that in every mmo since the beginning there's billions of "insert currency here." in circulation. Gold sellers are a thing and they have billions upon billions of gold/whatever. You cannot compete with over 200 bots working for a single company on top of 40-60 workers.

please read what I say and decide yourself.

Player A: non-payer player (80k AD)
    Player B: payer player (recenly bought 1M AD)
    Player C: cheater (billions of AD stuffed)

Auction House
    Ring of Absolute Beauty
    Starting Bid: 10k ---- Buyout: 2M

Player A: Bid's 10k and thinks like "I may get it..."
    Player B: Bid's 500k and laugh at poor guy... while thinking "p2w baby..."
    Player C: buyouts the item...

I hope I could dramatize the upcoming events. Sorry if not.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Auction House
    Ring of Absolute Beauty

Gold sellers can do this in any game and then re-sell it with only a buyout thus making a profit as can those who play the auction house. Once again, this is a very specific circumstance if you check auction house pricing.. the economy is pretty much fine. No hyper inflation, the currency is viable, and yes exploits or not. There are some people who are rich out there. In real life there's people with enough money to buy a personal army and can buy their way into anything. It's the nature of any economy. There's people with millions legitimately. I see nothing wrong with the above scenario unless a huge chunk of the population has said currency.

Example of a bad economy. D3 where "Good items" cost several hundred dollars worth of gold and great ones cost over 1000 dollars.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    gaerolth wrote: »
    Gold sellers can do this in any game and then re-sell it with only a buyout thus making a profit as can those who play the auction house. Once again, this is a very specific circumstance if you check auction house pricing.. the economy is pretty much fine. No hyper inflation, the currency is viable, and yes exploits or not. There are some people who are rich out there. In real life there's people with enough money to buy a personal army and can buy their way into anything. It's the nature of any economy. There's people with millions legitimately. I see nothing wrong with the above scenario unless a huge chunk of the population has said currency.

Example of a bad economy. D3 where "Good items" cost several hundred dollars worth of gold and great ones cost over 1000 dollars.

As you might expect, I'm also against "bots and gold sellers". I hope they die :)

In real life, there are many unfair things. Without any question this is true.
    But as a player, can't I wish a virtual world where "justice rules" ?

It's hard for me to understand how you guys can accept such kind of unfair events so easily.
    Should we surrender injustice even on video games? are we that soulless?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    As you might expect, I'm also against "bots and gold sellers". I hope they die :)

In real life, there are many unfair things. Without any question this is true.
    But as a player, can't I wish a virtual world where "justice rules" ?

It's hard for me to understand how you guys can accept such kind of unfair events so easily.
    Should we surrender injustice even on video games? are we that soulless?

It's not about surrendering. It's that a wipe doesn't fix it. You wipe the server then what? The gold sellers start all over again? They already made their money, they still have their bots, they still know the best farming spots, and bots don't need sleep. I agree with you on exploiters/gold sellers but the thing is even the richest companies out there can't fully stamp them out. No one has the resources to truly combat them to such a degree. It's an ongoing battle that won't end and they're going to exist no matter what. The best is to stay vigilant and do the most you can.

Truth is reality isn't too far away from video gaming in that regard. Whether you're on a game or not it doesn't change simple facts. Some people are luckier than others, smarter, or have numerical superiority (as is the case of gold sellers.) Since there's differences between people there will always be gaps no matter what you play.

Finally.. a wipe doesn't escape the real world either. I find it incredibly unfair to think because some people out there are rich or cheats that I have to throw away my time invested and start over. Not exactly fair either especially considering I've put in the time to hit max level and get fully geared out.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Auction House
    Ring of Absolute Beauty

Ok so that is your case. Now support that this is true with evidence.

At the moment your just claiming it is true and widespread.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    s3pts3pt Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Perception is what matters, not evidence. You can demand evidence all day long but if player perception is that the economy is ruined, or exploits have been around for long periods of time with the exploiters going unpunished (speaking of proof, where is the proof that PWE/Cryptic banned anyone, since their policy is to not talk about it?) or whatever else people believe (right or wrong) it will affect the games health.
  • Options
    scan69scan69 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lexairr wrote: »
    A good portion of the MMO experience is showing off, so yes, in fact, it does matter.

Additionally, it ruins the economy.

^ This.

I only play to gain the respect of my peers. If I drop something off a "hard" boss in this game then 2 days later exploiters are walking around in it, whats the point?

Mmos are ALL about gaining gear others find it hard or even impossible to get, if every Farmville player or exploiting scrub has it the game is a joke.

NW needed weeks of closed beta testing or even OPEN beta testing with NO real money injected into the economy. This shhiittstorm and clusterluck of a game is all PWE's fault.

As soon as any half decent mmo drops the mass exodus of this game will rival SWTORs.
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    I only agree with "none of us knows", not with anything else. That is why I go by the evidence. Evidence are things that you can check yourself, such as:

- The AD/Zen exchange rate being where one would expect it after a month.
    - No under-valued cats in the AH or in trade channel (some claims early on, none of them verified).
    - Prices for Twilight Nightmares going down (exploiters with ADs would buy them, not sell them).
    - No increased number of people with cats or Zen store stuff (I think I saw maybe two bears in two weeks).
    - AD prices in general going down in a predictable, non-erratic fashion.

All of these indicate that the majority of the damage of the AD-related exploits were corrected. What's there that indicates that there are billions of AD floating around?

Also, and finally, I trust that PWE and Cryptic are business-savvy. They have no interest in people having billions of unaccounted AD, because it is negative for the cash store. In general, companies show great effort when something threatens their profits. Exploiters getting away with billions of AD created out of thin air is far more damaging for PWE than for you or I. That is also why I don't doubt that they deal(t) with that.

Wow are you clueless.
  • Options
    akrylumakrylum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    I might be beating the dead horse. But I still want to hear a legit answer from PWE

Some people have used various exploits from the "beginning".
    They have every single coin item in the market for free.
    They have the finest mounts, best followers, a set of maxed bags.

And, I have to spend a couple of hundred dollars to have such items (lets say "my play time is very limited" before a fanboy mindlessly defend like "but you dont need to pay money, you can spend a couple of years to get them)
    Do you think that I will ever spend a single penny to buy anything which was pillaged by many for free?

And PWE couldn't grow a spine to wipe the server because they know %75 of people will quit playing if they do so.

I really wonder what they could say about this injustice. (other then a "nice" mod locking this post with her deepest apologies. Instead, I really feel sorry for her for being forced to mute rightful players)

I hope, I could find an exploit as well. Because being honest doesn't mean anything in NW.

I totally agree. I have put a lot the money on it. I have just enjoyed the game until the open beta begin's. And now i feel scammed. Why i have buy the pack and why i have put money... Grrr. so stupid
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You are a "hero founder". I believe you have played closed betas as well.
    Please honestly tell me that this issue was not reported even on closed beta duration.

The issue with the AH that caused the Rollback was reported through the ingame AH and fixed in before OB started during the Beta Weekends, however the gateway wasn't availible in the Beta Weekends and someone forgot to transfer the updated code over before OB started.

So the issue that caused the rollback was reported and fixed and done through another method.

Seriously people, do your homework on these issues before posting, it saves issues later.
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    s3pt wrote: »
    Perception is what matters, not evidence. You can demand evidence all day long but if player perception is that the economy is ruined, or exploits have been around for long periods of time with the exploiters going unpunished (speaking of proof, where is the proof that PWE/Cryptic banned anyone, since their policy is to not talk about it?) or whatever else people believe (right or wrong) it will affect the games health.

No. It will affect their perception of the game's health, such as the poster with the item on the AH for the example of broken. The person spending 2 million AD surely must be an exploiter, since they had 2 million AD to spend. That's the problem with absolutes and blanket statements, they tend to over generalize. The same as implying that anyone that doesn't want a wipe is an exploiter. Are there people that don't want one exploiters? There could well be some, I have no empirical data to base a conclusion on one way or the other, but it's a pretty common claim in these discussions. In fact, in the previously linked poll, it is probably one of the top claims made.

Browsing through the items that I would be likely to buy, I don't see the economy being borked at all. I don't see someone having 2 million AD as being automatically an exploiter either. I opened 5 Nightmare boxes the other day, and got 4 Idols. Am I now an exploiter because I made almost 7 times the AD in a day you're supposed to be able to refine?
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    snorgelhopsnorgelhop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So lets say they do the wipe.. what about the next big exploit that comes out? Will they wipe it again? I am one of five people that I know IRL whom will leave if a wipe occurs. There are probably lots of other little clusters like that who feel similarly. We like the game, but not enough to start over.
  • Options
    s3pts3pt Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No. It will affect their perception of the game's health, such as the poster with the item on the AH for the example of broken. The person spending 2 million AD surely must be an exploiter, since they had 2 million AD to spend. That's the problem with absolutes and blanket statements, they tend to over generalize. The same as implying that anyone that doesn't want a wipe is an exploiter. Are there people that don't want one exploiters? There could well be some, I have no empirical data to base a conclusion on one way or the other, but it's a pretty common claim in these discussions. In fact, in the previously linked poll, it is probably one of the top claims made.

Browsing through the items that I would be likely to buy, I don't see the economy being borked at all. I don't see someone having 2 million AD as being automatically an exploiter either. I opened 5 Nightmare boxes the other day, and got 4 Idols. Am I now an exploiter because I made almost 7 times the AD in a day you're supposed to be able to refine?

If enough people perceive it that way it will affect the games health, I should have clarified.
  • Options
    akrylumakrylum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Game is large type fail sauce at this point... and those being duped by giant carrot promises of big save the world patches have you guys duped... This game will be in this same condition in 6 months. These forums will have the same complaints in 6 months. After Wildstar and Teso this game will be a ghost town.

Mark my works, bookmark this thread fanboy naysayers, doubt me all you want.

The perfect example of how someone will behave in the future is to look how that person has behaved in the past... ala Cryptic/PWE.

if they dont do something about exploit, yes i agree completely !
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    scan69 wrote: »
    ^ This.

I only play to gain the respect of my peers. If I drop something off a "hard" boss in this game then 2 days later exploiters are walking around in it, whats the point?

Mmos are ALL about gaining gear others find it hard or even impossible to get, if every Farmville player or exploiting scrub has it the game is a joke.

NW needed weeks of closed beta testing or even OPEN beta testing with NO real money injected into the economy. This shhiittstorm and clusterluck of a game is all PWE's fault.

As soon as any half decent mmo drops the mass exodus of this game will rival SWTORs.

Your example is with low priced gear pretty much. Gear is low priced not because of exploits it's because the gear is easy to obtain. In most mmo's you raid for the best gear and it's bop. In this anyone can just buy the gear off people. Groups only require 5 people. Not 10-40. You can field two to eight people for the one entire raid you'd have to make in another game. Tier 1 is also easy and has been on farm. PvP gear isn't hard to obtain either. With these in consideration tier 1 epics are virtually worthless in cost. Epcs continue to drop in price even after the guardian exploit was removed.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Wow are you clueless.

I'd hardly say he's clueless, he presents a pretty well reasoned argument.

You on the other hand are attacking the poster rather than the argument and presenting no argument of your own leading me to believe you have no actual argument and are just going along the lines of insulting the winner after losing the argument.
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    I'd hardly say he's clueless, he presents a pretty well reasoned argument.

You on the other hand are attacking the poster rather than the argument and presenting no argument of your own leading me to believe you have no actual argument and are just going along the lines of insulting the winner after losing the argument.

Bwhahahaha good stuff, good stuff. You gonna be here all week?
  • Options
    bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Getting old seeing the ridiculous concerns when the real issues are avoided for some reason. The real bugs.
    Why is AC not working?, How come warriors classes cant don all types of arms and armor? Why dont casters have a huge list of diverse spells to choose from? Why cant clerics wear full plate? What happened to saving throws? Where is DM intervention?

exploits .... lol. The base game is failing at D&D. Isnt that more important?
  • Options
    mightyqu1nnmightyqu1nn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    But people have done it and got away with that... Aren't they?
    So where is the justice.

You wish me to be banned. I also hope that if ever use exploits. And I hoped that happened to cheaters as well.
    I wished PWE had a spine, took responsibility and correct the mistake they did.

For you "requesting justice" might be really the lowest of the low. For me it's a human right.

Wow.... the injustice??!! you are talking about a freaking GAME on devices that people who live with true injustice cant even dream of having! FFS man get some perspective, perhaps go outside and get some exposure to the real world. Do you see how whiny and arrogant this statement is?! Try Darfur, or Syria or any number of place where ACTUAL injustice is the norm. Poor you you "have" to spend hundreds of dollars to get virtual things in a virtual world so you to can flaunt your epeen.
    Do not interfere in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Bwhahahaha good stuff, good stuff. You gonna be here all week?

I'll be here as long as I want to be, I still await a well reasoned argument from you rather than attacking the poster though.
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If enough people perceive it that way it will affect the games health, I should have clarified.

Still no, at least not in the way that's being implied here. Who is "hit" hardest with the AH? Isn't it just the people that play the SIMs with it, or something like "Who wants to be a virtual millionaire"? If that were the only way to get the gear, then maybe, which may be why people are adverse to changing the loot system? After all, if they're planning to roll Need on everything that drops, hoping that the party will roll Need only on items they actually need, then the AH having reduced prices would be perceived as a borked economy, and would make your point valid. So it's still a perception issue. As a note, I have seen the "my ninja'd loot won't be worth as much, so the economy is borked" argument presented. I'm not seeing anything borked, and will say as much to anyone that asks. Where it matters to most people, it's looking fairly healthy right now, on the Exchange. If this bottoms out, one way or the other, then it starts getting into a game health issue. As it currently stands, however, it's not looking bad at all.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013

No Perception is not what matters. As a matter of fact often perception is completely absolutely wrong.

Shall we discuss things that where once absolutely perceived as true that are no considered to be dumb and stupid and that no one would believe? There is a very long history of incorrect perceptions existing in the popular mind.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    No Perception is not what matters. As a matter of fact often perception is completely absolutely wrong.

Shall we discuss things that where once absolutely perceived as true that are no considered to be dumb and stupid and that no one would believe? There is a very long history of incorrect perceptions existing in the popular mind.

This is 100% correct. <3
  • Options
    iamdoctordeathiamdoctordeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A wipe means nothing now- exploiters have bought millions of zen, taken it out of game or sold it. Do a wipe- and exploiters keep everything they have, buy all the AD in the market, and you're in an even worse spot than we are now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]