test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Known Issue: Launcher Minimized in Taskbar

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hi everyone,

We've seen some reports of the launcher being stuck minimized in the taskbar. We're currently looking into a fix for this, but here's a workaround for now (thanks, uglyjimmy!):

1. Start Neverwinter
2. Start Task manager
3. Applications tab
4. Right click on Neverwinter and press Minimize
5. Right click again and press Maximize
(Now launcher is there but Maximized over everything)
6. Escape to close launcher
7. Start Neverwinter and there is your launcher again, visible and in normal size.

Thank you!
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• Options
    bobbinger45bobbinger45 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It still doesnt work here :/
  • Options
    snowfacechamchamsnowfacechamcham Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    thank you so much!
  • Options
    eshme7eshme7 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have had a few problems with my launcher since I installed the game but nothing too major, just a bit of lag etc..

Today when I went to sign in, it patched and then signed me in but I click the play button and nothing happens, just the highlight on the 'PLAY' tab but no indication that it is registering the click.

Anything to help me play the game again would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks,
    /
    \
    |
    Eshme
  • Options
    sinisterseansinistersean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0
    edited July 2013
    Just hit level 60 and the game crashed and got this bug.
    The work around worked, thank you, was going nuts wanting to gear up my level 60 lol
  • Options
    warlock92346warlock92346 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    thanks, been having this issue for days and missed the 2xAD weekend. I wish I had found this sooner. I contacted support but nothing they said helped.
  • Options
    cyganxdplcyganxdpl Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thank you so much buddy : )
  • Options
    asteroidusasteroidus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I tried variations of this trick, as mentioned in Support forums, but it doesn't work.

After doing some digging it seems this is systemic with Cryptic right now. It's happening on a few of their games. You'd think connectivity with the launcher would be kind of important to not have go down. Maybe it's just me...

I've consistently been able to access the launcher until now so there's something more at work here than some quick fix. Crack that **** whip.
  • Options
    godmaster9000godmaster9000 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    applacation tab whats that?
  • Options
    godmaster9000godmaster9000 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    applacation tab whats that?

i got it :d i just stated clicking on stuff :d
  • Options
    cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    worked perfectly, thank you :)
  • Options
    mauwingmauwing Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    it works, but I'm hoping this gets fixed as it's annoying to repeat those steps every time this happens
  • Options
    casewoodshadowcasewoodshadow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This method did not work for me either :(
  • Options
    mustafarian2mustafarian2 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Man you are the best! But i guess it is patching right now
  • Options
    dawnerrordawnerror Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey there,
    This is BlueDawn from Germany and I got this problem with the launcher showing only a white square saying "Loading, please wait" but nothing happens. After a few minutes it says that I might not be connected to the internet, but I am. I just signed in once 3 days ago when I downloaded it. That day, everything worked perfectly but now the launcher just stucks. I tried so many things to fix it but nothing helped. The German support couldn't help me either.
    So maybe you can... I tried like you said. But it didn't help.

Cheers... from Germany...
  • Options
    letmeliveletmelive Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    *** SOLUTION ***

Right click the short cut on your desktop (or whereever it is) and choose properties. There is a drop box set to Normal Window. Change it to Maximized Window.

You are welcome. Hace a nice day!
  • Options
    aleale69aleale69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i wish i knew that before i had to re instal and RE PATCH the game 7 tmes already because each 2 days this happens to me and was uninstalling then installing again.... this is a complete pain
    the game is so cool but its so full of BUGS :(
  • Options
    paputsapaputsa Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just mentioning it since it doesn't affect gameplay, but the calender seems off by about a month.
  • Options
    trunkletontrunkleton Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    just downloaded and signed up but cant login a box comes up saying cryptic error oops what should i do?
  • Options
    sandrossandros Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    while mine is minimized i can still get it to work, heres how. type in password and hit enter, when it does its little patch thing and you see the button show play, hit enter again and you are now in the game.my username is remembered but i always type in my password. i would assume for people that have both remembered they can just hit enter to start the process
  • Options
    phoenixtwophoenixtwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thank you very much. Now i can carry on. I was beginning to give up all hope.
  • Options
    xenjohn1xenjohn1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    can someone help me with "task manager".what is this?
  • Options
    ixanzoltharixanzolthar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

We've seen some reports of the launcher being stuck minimized in the taskbar. We're currently looking into a fix for this, but here's a workaround for now (thanks, uglyjimmy!):

1. Start Neverwinter
    2. Start Task manager
    3. Applications tab
    4. Right click on Neverwinter and press Minimize
    5. Right click again and press Maximize
    (Now launcher is there but Maximized over everything)
    6. Escape to close launcher
    7. Start Neverwinter and there is your launcher again, visible and in normal size.

Thank you!

works fine thanx but why not mentionning that bug in the news or update info; spent 2 hours to find this (thought it was my firewall then my gcard etc... ) thx for taking notice of my comment. sincerely
  • Options
    prelude1prelude1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well I don't have an application tab cause I can't get past the update launcher...which tries 23 times as I said above :-(
  • Options
    duvaindessduvaindess Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    For me it worked by uninstalling and installing the game. After 3-4 weeks of absence i missed 3-4 updates, maybe more. On another computer that I do more regular updates launcher works fine. This makes me believe that the launcher is only compatible with the very last update every time. Before re-installing from scratch I tried starting the game directly from client, but guess what, i couldn't connect to account servers because it wouldn't update.
    How cool is that?
  • Options
    malzussmalzuss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    its dont work here afffs
  • Options
    ranjithoperanjithope Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It is not working for me :( .. give me any other solution to solve this ..
  • Options
    nukita9nukita9 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Works for me Sominator , you saved me a lot of time coz i wanted reinstal a game , thanks a lot
  • Options
    fliruflagfliruflag Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I should have read the forum sooner. I reinstalled the game a week ago because of this same bug.

The workaround works fine!

Thumbs up!
  • Options
    balthezar2balthezar2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As mentioned by devlurker (sorry forgot exact name) in another thread, and tried by me also, this fix worked;

Start > regedit.exe > computer > hkey_current_user > software > cryptic > cryptic launcher > windowpos

Make sure your launcher is not open.
    Delete windowpos.
    Open launcher.

Should be displayed like normal now as your computer/launcher was forced to create another windowpos in the system.

AGAIN; THIS IS NOT IN ANY MEANS CONSIDERED "NORMAL" AS TAMPERING WITH THE REGISTRY OF AN OS IN TERMS OF FIXING THINGS SHOULD NO LONGER HAVE TO BE DONE BY A REGULAR GAMER/END-USER.
  • Options
    rhozirhozi Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thankyou!!! That worked was worried i would have to reinstall.