test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

beating the dead horse...

forumcanforumcan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I might be beating the dead horse. But I still want to hear a legit answer from PWE

Some people have used various exploits from the "beginning".
They have every single coin item in the market for free.
They have the finest mounts, best followers, a set of maxed bags.

And, I have to spend a couple of hundred dollars to have such items (lets say "my play time is very limited" before a fanboy mindlessly defend like "but you dont need to pay money, you can spend a couple of years to get them)
Do you think that I will ever spend a single penny to buy anything which was pillaged by many for free?

And PWE couldn't grow a spine to wipe the server because they know %75 of people will quit playing if they do so.

I really wonder what they could say about this injustice. (other then a "nice" mod locking this post with her deepest apologies. Instead, I really feel sorry for her for being forced to mute rightful players)

I hope, I could find an exploit as well. Because being honest doesn't mean anything in NW.
Post edited by forumcan on

Comments

• Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How does everyone else having stuff ruin your fun? Does knowing that someone, somewhere out there is riding an ill-gotten Howler mount destroy the entire game for you?
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup, you're certainly icon_deadhorse.gif

The footnote is that nobody's forcing you to pay, or to play in fact. And if you do exploit, I hope you get a hefty ban to go with it.

Posts like these are really lowest of the low. Just because somebody is dishonest, doesn't mean you have to be dishonest yourself or encourage others to do it. You wouldn't do so in real life because it has much bigger repercussions. So perhaps you shouldn't do so here either.
  • Options
    lexairrlexairr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    How does everyone else having stuff ruin your fun? Does knowing that someone, somewhere out there is riding an ill-gotten Howler mount destroy the entire game for you?
    A good portion of the MMO experience is showing off, so yes, in fact, it does matter.

Additionally, it ruins the economy.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    Yup, you're certainly icon_deadhorse.gif

The footnote is that nobody's forcing you to pay, or to play in fact. And if you do exploit, I hope you get a hefty ban to go with it.

Posts like these are really lowest of the low. Just because somebody is dishonest, doesn't mean you have to be dishonest yourself or encourage others to do it. You wouldn't do so in real life because it has much bigger repercussions. So perhaps you shouldn't do so here either.

But people have done it and got away with that... Aren't they?
    So where is the justice.

You wish me to be banned. I also hope that if ever use exploits. And I hoped that happened to cheaters as well.
    I wished PWE had a spine, took responsibility and correct the mistake they did.

For you "requesting justice" might be really the lowest of the low. For me it's a human right.
  • Options
    jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A lot of guys got the equip thx to the exploit. I see a lot of people that don't even know how to kill a boss legit, whitout exploit or trick. There a lot of guys don't even know how to do a dungeon run legit, because they used a ton of exploit, but they are pro because they have all the item, so who care about the other honest player ^^ They will never do a total wipe, because all that people will run away since the game is to hard to play on legit way for them. For now, we can only endure and hope they will get banned 1 day for all the exploit they used
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ironzerg79 wrote: »

would you care to look at this poll and it's result.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?264451-Full-wipe-remarks
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    forumcan wrote: »
    But people have done it and got away with that... Aren't they?
    So where is the justice.
    So I heard that some guys robbed a bank and made away with millions. You should consider armed robbery :)
    For you "requesting justice" might be really the lowest of the low. For me it's a human right.
    Far as I'm aware, many people did get banned. You're not "requesting justice", you're just whining and being jealous of their ill-gotten goods, which don't affect your gameplay in any way whatsoever. "Requesting justice" would be identifying the cheaters and insisting on follow-up. I don't see the motivation in this thread, quite the opposite.

Yes, because forum polls are a legitimate way to gauge pubic opinion in a game. Many people I know stay away from the forums just to not have to deal with whiners, trolls, and flamers.
  • Options
    khatzhaskhatzhas Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I think that the point being made was that you aren't "requesting justice" You are requesting dishonesty and punishment of the innocent for the actions of a few.
    Neither of those are human rights, and all should be discouraged.

A wipe would not hurt most of the exploiters. They have either lost their gains already when their accounts were banned, or translated them into out-of game currency.
    Or both.
    No doubt there are a few left, but I'm guessing that hat sort of person would get more of a kick out of the damage done to the game by a wipe than they would be upset about losing their stuff.

A wipe would however, punish all the players who didn't exploit.
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    khatzhas wrote: »
    I think that the point being made was that you aren't "requesting justice" You are requesting dishonesty and punishment of the innocent for the actions of a few.
    Neither of those are human rights, and all should be discouraged.

A wipe would not hurt most of the exploiters. They have either lost their gains already when their accounts were banned, or translated them into out-of game currency.
    Or both.
    No doubt there are a few left, but I'm guessing that hat sort of person would get more of a kick out of the damage done to the game by a wipe than they would be upset about losing their stuff.

A wipe would however, punish all the players who didn't exploit.

I totally disagree, having two 60s, and I would level a third if there was a wipe. I won't play much if there isn't a wipe, though. Too many scrubs with 3 times my GS that don't even know how to play the game, atm
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    So I heard that some guys robbed a bank and made away with millions. You should consider armed robbery :)

Far as I'm aware, many people did get banned. You're not "requesting justice", you're just whining and being jealous of their ill-gotten goods, which don't affect your gameplay in any way whatsoever. "Requesting justice" would be identifying the cheaters and insisting on follow-up. I don't see the motivation in this thread, quite the opposite.

Yes, because forum polls are a legitimate way to gauge pubic opinion in a game. Many people I know stay away from the forums just to not have to deal with whiners, trolls, and flamers.

Many people used the exploit from the beginning. Only last batch of cheaters could be banned.
    Some people used other exploits as well (such as foundary xp, one shot kills, dungeon re-runs, etc)

just think about it:
    I want to bid a very rare item. But a cheater can outbid me very easily because of the stolen millions he have.

So, PWE should wipe the server to support equality.

if you read this post as "whinning, trolling, flaming post", then I really wish one day you need that "lowest of the low justice."
  • Options
    teepussiteepussi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Truth is they cant really take approach that pleases everyone. I can say personally i agree with OP that exploiters devalue the point of spending $$$ to the game. It has something to do with fairness, everyone can get to work and pay money, but not everyone can duplicate these exploits anymore and exploiters pretty much got of easy. Then again i dont see when game itself has so much bugs it beign possible to even avoid some exploits passing by. Overall more you know about how people exploit and skip the stuff, less you really want to chime in, usually you want for your money something that bring gains. This game from begin clearly sold power for cash, so it needs tight control keeping that from getting devalued.

This game will need a lot of time to mature and a lot more content, most likely current playerbase is fluctating a lot, most likely downward direction. But guess after they get some new stuff out it might change again.
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I might be beating the dead horse. But I still want to hear a legit answer from PWE

Some people have used various exploits from the "beginning".
    They have every single coin item in the market for free.
    They have the finest mounts, best followers, a set of maxed bags.

And, I have to spend a couple of hundred dollars to have such items (lets say "my play time is very limited" before a fanboy mindlessly defend like "but you dont need to pay money, you can spend a couple of years to get them)
    Do you think that I will ever spend a single penny to buy anything which was pillaged by many for free?

And PWE couldn't grow a spine to wipe the server because they know %75 of people will quit playing if they do so.

I really wonder what they could say about this injustice. (other then a "nice" mod locking this post with her deepest apologies. Instead, I really feel sorry for her for being forced to mute rightful players)

I hope, I could find an exploit as well. Because being honest doesn't mean anything in NW.

Game is large type fail sauce at this point... and those being duped by giant carrot promises of big save the world patches have you guys duped... This game will be in this same condition in 6 months. These forums will have the same complaints in 6 months. After Wildstar and Teso this game will be a ghost town.

Mark my works, bookmark this thread fanboy naysayers, doubt me all you want.

The perfect example of how someone will behave in the future is to look how that person has behaved in the past... ala Cryptic/PWE.
  • Options
    stylernakustylernaku Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    teepussi wrote: »
    Truth is they cant really take approach that pleases everyone. I can say personally i agree with OP that exploiters devalue the point of spending $$$ to the game. It has something to do with fairness, everyone can get to work and pay money, but not everyone can duplicate these exploits anymore and exploiters pretty much got of easy. Then again i dont see when game itself has so much bugs it beign possible to even avoid some exploits passing by. Overall more you know about how people exploit and skip the stuff, less you really want to chime in, usually you want for your money something that bring gains. This game from begin clearly sold power for cash, so it needs tight control keeping that from getting devalued.

This game will need a lot of time to mature and a lot more content, most likely current playerbase is fluctating a lot, most likely downward direction. But guess after they get some new stuff out it might change again.

So for MMORPG's the saying "there's no such thing as bad press" couldn't be further from the truth. I agree the exploiting (apart from PVP) hasn't effected my gameplay or fun so far, it may be effecting me via the aution house with whats going on, but word of so many exploits will put people off.

The people exploiting couldn't care less it's naughty fun. Every PC game from fps's like Battlefield to Games like EVE online, has exploits and people buying currency (I think free to play with people paying for items has stemmed from people selling account, utems and currency on ebay in the first place), but the foundation of MMorpg's is essentially good game play and brag rights.

In WoW (hate it or not) epic gear from a high level boss or PVP was respected to a degree and people played hard to get it. With what's going on in Neverwinter grinders, or lovers of PVP who do not wish to exploit, will instantly get a bad taste in their mouth reading the news and they won't even try.

After all yeah it's just a game, but the game is played using peoples time, which sometimes is precious due to demands on every day life, why would people spend their time here on this, when anythign worth getitng has already be seen and got by people with no effort and why continue to play PVP when people have such a massive upperhand you don't really have a chance.

Especially if it's a 5 man team of like minded people geared up to the eyeballs with ill gotten gains.

See I'm confused By Cryptics approach, updates etc have been spot on, there's a lot of care in those areas, when you like at the auction house however and somewhat spartan chat spam & grouping controls, the game then scream fast cash grab.

There's casual gamers who will come and go enjoying this game for a time I'm sure, me being one of them. Overall though the games lifespan has been stumped, and continues to diminish.

The decline and death of this game won't ultimately be decided in forum post debates and petty name calling, pictures, meme's or what ever <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, it will simply be done by people asking themselves meh what's the point of spending my time on this, uninstall. A ghost town will ensue and then servers running this game become expensive for cryptic with no pay off.

The only one's left will be players paying nothing who enjoy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> the game inside out with glitchies etc for a laugh with nice youtube vids to show off downing a high level boss with a wet <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

MMorpg's have the stink of easy cash on them thanks to WoW. SWTOR was a terrible let down after the gold years of SWG. If EVE online (love it or hate it) has tested the time, then why is it so hard for everyone else???

Has the respect of releases a good game truly died compared to how much cash we can get fast before people catch on to the smoke and mirrors. Is the whole game industry now heavily influence by EA's approach to gaming?

:(
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Game is large type fail sauce at this point... and those being duped by giant carrot promises of big save the world patches have you guys duped... This game will be in this same condition in 6 months. These forums will have the same complaints in 6 months. After Wildstar and Teso this game will be a ghost town.

Mark my works, bookmark this thread fanboy naysayers, doubt me all you want.

The perfect example of how someone will behave in the future is to look how that person has behaved in the past... ala Cryptic/PWE.

I'm a D&D fan, I also wanted to have a nice mmo to spend some time.
    Neverwinter promised to provide that D&D feeling and I believed them.
    I think you also believe it, so you could afford and bought Hero pack (which I also would bought if could)
    I want this game to succeed and surpass worthless mmo's out there.
    Now, I'm at the last part of the main questline and already start dreaming of ESO... This shouldn't be like that.

Being a fan of something is good. But being a fanboy is a terrible thing.
    Instead of encouraging the devs/publishers to correct their mistakes, fanboys likes to pat their back and say "we accept it as it is."
    What we try to do is making this game better. Better for everyone, not only for "cheaters".
    I believe being fanboy shouldn't get control over you and make you say "requesting justice is the lowest of the low."
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Ahh so this is just another wipe topic. Noted and moving on. It is simply not going to happen. Continuing to flail away at it, just makes one look silly.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Ahh so this is just another wipe topic. Noted and moving on. It is simply not going to happen. Continuing to flail away at it, just makes one look silly.

I can see why people are asking for a wipe, but to be honest I think steps moving forward to repair damage are better, how ever impossible people may state this is.

Explioted gear will only last until the exploits are fixed, and all the top level gear can easily be replaced by better with a new patch/update etc.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Many people used the exploit from the beginning. Only last batch of cheaters could be banned.

"Many people" ... how many? Who? What's your source?

Terms like "many people" are called Weasel Words, and they are of limited use.

How do you know, really know, that people have done this since the beginning? Or is it just hearsay? Empty claims, like the ones that were proven wrong by the AD/Z exchange rate, the absence of any cats in the AH below vendor value.

How do you know, really know, that if this happened, people who did this were not already dealt with? MMO companies do not typically share details on punitive actions.

If you present such claims as fact, you need to back them up.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    stylernaku wrote: »
    I can see why people are asking for a wipe, but to be honest I think steps moving forward to repair damage are better, how ever impossible people may state this is.

Explioted gear will only last until the exploits are fixed, and all the top level gear can easily be replaced by better with a new patch/update etc.

True. New gear hopefully will emerge. They may even fix the current and possible exploits.
    I truly hope what is written above.
    But, what will happen to billions of astral diamonds stashed on many cheater alt accounts ?
    Not talking about you, but some people can't get it. It really effects all of us.
    I may have 39k astral diamonds to bid and won something. But the cheater has unlimited quantities of ads.
    He can and will outbid me on those new/upcoming and maybe very very rare items.
    Should I wait for every cheater to get their stuff to bid and get mine ?
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If there are still a substantial number of exploited AD, and if the only place I could get gear was the AH, you might have a point. However, all that gear in the AH, that you can't bid on because of "exploited diamonds"? You do realize that it didn't just materialize in someone's inventory, right? So now, unless you're also going to fall back to "All the gear on the AH was exploited", you have the same opportunity to go out and get that gear yourself. Unless, of course, you're one of those people that can't run the dungeons legit? You have the same opportunities to earn that gear that I have, which will be the only way I get it, drops in the dungeon.

I know, I know, I've read it at least a thousand times; since I don't want a wipe, I must be an exploiter, afraid to lose my ill gotten gains. It's an old and tired argument, and seemingly the only one that "wipe or I'll quit" users seem to have left, along with the gloom and doom of "it's going to ruin the economy". News flash, the economy seems relatively stable at the moment, despite claims made to the contrary. Gear prices are still all over the place on the AH. So it's hardly devastated by previous events. In fact, it's hardly dented by said events.

Here's my exploited character, I guess I'm doing it wrong?
    th_Meb-1.jpg
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »

How do you know, really know, that people have done this since the beginning? Or is it just hearsay? Empty claims, like the ones that were proven wrong by the AD/Z exchange rate, the absence of any cats in the AH below vendor value.

How do you know, really know, that if this happened, people who did this were not already dealt with? MMO companies do not typically share details on punitive actions.

You are a "hero founder". I believe you have played closed betas as well.
    Please honestly tell me that this issue was not reported even on closed beta duration.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Like website's that share punk buster cheats, there are sites that list the exploit tactics for NW. They state which are active and which are not, and also list the dates of when the exploit was found with screens shots and guides of it being used.

You will not get this info on here for two reasons.

1. People who know they exist but wish they didn't won't help casual readers find them (useless pretendign they aren't in existence when google or youtube will betray that myth quickly).

2 People using the exploits won't tell you because they hope it's the dirty little secrets only them and maybe a thousand other players using it know.
  • Options
    iceslidefalleniceslidefallen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i am 50

There is no justisce. Just try to be happy. Life is NOT fair. If your mom said it is she lied.

Glavin
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    But, what will happen to billions of astral diamonds stashed on many cheater alt accounts ?[/COLOR]

There is no evidence that there are billions of unaccounted for AD anywhere!

(Look, we can all use colors, too!)

This is just more of the same. You make claims, state them as fact, but do not back them up. Show us proof, because I put forth the claim that these claims are false, made up by people who want a wipe or have other another agenda.

And, you see, there is actual evidence that your claim is false: The AD/Z exchange rate is exactly where one would expect it after a month, we see no under-priced cats, we don't see many cats at all, we don't see any under-priced Zen store items, we barely see any Twilight Nightmares, there are much fewer "lockbox" announcements since the rollback and after Cryptic said they were taking action against people.

In short, there is evidence that the exploits and their results have mostly been corrected, as far as the AD and items gotten with AD are concerned. And zero evidence that there are "billions of AD" sitting on exploiter accounts.
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013

This is just more of the same. You make claims, state them as fact, but do not back them up. Show us proof, because I put forth the claim that these claims are false, made up by people who want a wipe or have other another agenda.

And, you see, there is actual evidence that your claim is false: The AD/Z exchange rate is exactly where one would expect it after a month, we see no under-priced cats, we don't see many cats at all, we don't see any under-priced Zen store items, we barely see any Twilight Nightmares, there are much fewer "lockbox" announcements since the rollback and after Cryptic said they were taking action against people.

In short, there is evidence that the exploits and their results have mostly been corrected, as far as the AD and items gotten with AD are concerned. And zero evidence that there are "billions of AD" sitting on exploiter accounts.

But it's posted on the internet, it must be true. :p
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    jagelejagele Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some people used other exploits as well (such as foundary xp, one shot kills, dungeon re-runs, etc)

just think about it:
    I want to bid a very rare item. But a cheater can outbid me very easily because of the stolen millions he have.

So, PWE should wipe the server to support equality.

if you read this post as "whining, trolling, flaming post", then I really wish one day you need that "lowest of the low justice."

No way; no how. I've spent good money (albeit not a whole lot. It's all relative) to get where my toons are now. A wipe would brown me off royal. Course, if YOU want to reimburse me for the money I've spent then wipe away. Get over it. The company is trying; and at risk of repeating myself ad infinitem, this is currently a BETA game, with all the bugs unresolved right now.
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please honestly tell me that this issue was not reported even on closed beta duration.

Yea there is all kinds of people with screenshots of them reporting a lot of these issues in beta... most importantly the big one that caused the roll back. Someone posted a screenshot of his support ticket advising them of this issue during BETA 3. (so that makes what, 2 months of time elapsed before launch, then 2-3 weeks after that before they did something about it... and only after the exploit was running rampant and cutting into their Zen sales.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

How would I know? I don't know what people reported, if they reported anything at all. You are the one claiming that this happened, not me. I had never heard of any AH exploits until the posts appeared on the forum on Caturday.

You see, because I am a founder, I'm paying close attention to this because I actually spent money on the AD that I have, and on the other stuff that is obtainable through Zen. If I saw any actual evidence that the rollback and Cryptic's actions didn't sufficiently address the issue, I would be vocal about that. But everything I see and can check for myself (AD/Z exchange rate, AH contents, etc.) tells me that the problem was addressed in a way is sufficient.

You can always claim that there may be more effects down the road, and no one can really say much against that, because nobody really knows. But people also said that when the AH was down -- they claimed that when it comes back up, there would be cheap cats, cheap Zen market stuff, and that the exchange rate would stay near 500:1 for weeks. None of that happened, none of it came true.

We can all make up theories, some of which may even sound reasonable, but at the end of the day you have to go by what you can see for yourself, not by what someone claims somewhere on the internet. There is no credibility and no accountability, so all the claims are worth as much as the bytes they consist of.

On a side note, there are "many people" (:p) who claim that they got banned. Toy, who was a major seller of nightmares and twilight mares on Dragon, did get banned, and I'm not even sure she did anything wrong -- so that is more evidence that Cryptic dealt with people. Perhaps more drastically than was needed. Who knows? We are all just voicing opinions.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

it was a "who? when? are you sure? question" but it suddenly changed to "how you know it was billions of AD?"
    I can't provide a number for that. No one can.

it suddenly became public and many people used it (and got banned).
    if these new guys heard and used it. Why wouldn't sinister old thieves wouldn't?
    does it makes sense ?

I knew this exploit and never ever used it even a single time. Because I believe in justice. I was sure that PWE would take care of this issue in the following days by several countermeasures including each cheaters ban. it didn't happen. I was naive

Providing links to web sites which especially provides cheating and exploiting the game is forbidden.
    But I don't need to do that right?. Maybe a google search could show it to you. But I believe you don't need that.

If you really not believe that there are billions of ADs already stashed on alt chars since the beginning, then I can do nothing about that. But I really believe that you agree what I said.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I only agree with "none of us knows", not with anything else. That is why I go by the evidence. Evidence are things that you can check yourself, such as:

- The AD/Zen exchange rate being where one would expect it after a month.
    - No under-valued cats in the AH or in trade channel (some claims early on, none of them verified).
    - Prices for Twilight Nightmares going down (exploiters with ADs would buy them, not sell them).
    - No increased number of people with cats or Zen store stuff (I think I saw maybe two bears in two weeks).
    - AD prices in general going down in a predictable, non-erratic fashion.

All of these indicate that the majority of the damage of the AD-related exploits were corrected. What's there that indicates that there are billions of AD floating around?

Also, and finally, I trust that PWE and Cryptic are business-savvy. They have no interest in people having billions of unaccounted AD, because it is negative for the cash store. In general, companies show great effort when something threatens their profits. Exploiters getting away with billions of AD created out of thin air is far more damaging for PWE than for you or I. That is also why I don't doubt that they deal(t) with that.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It's not the strongest character in the universe, but, I'm quite proud of my character.

screenshot_2013-05-27-18-04-24.jpg

I have never spent a single cent on this character (except the PC Gamer mount)
    And I have never ever used a single expoit (xp or other kind).
    All made by my efford.

Now, please tell me: "Would I want a server wipe if I'm not so sure about the injustice ?"