test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Feedback] Suggestions What to Add/Change in the Foundry.

Comments

• Options
    holthar1stholthar1st Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I would also like to be able to add some animations for a multiple part story line quest that I'm working on. Animations like...before getting killed, turning into a misty vapor or turning into a bat and disappearing through a crack, door or best of all a portal that suddenly appears right before the NPC dies. Oh, and some spooky graveyards and additional graveyard items to stock the graveyard. And some weather phenomenon like rain, thunder, lightening and low floating mist and fog...you see where I'm going with this Lol ?

Also, the ability to make a hooded cloaked, mysterious type NPC in a tavern smoking a pipe...that I want to be integral to the the beginning of the quest story.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    holthar1st wrote: »
    I'm probably wanting too much here but....I would like to be able to construct buildings, preferably fortress types and castles in outdoor maps and even on mountains and yes, even snow capped mountains (picture Bram Stokers "Dracula" movie or a "Frankenstein" movie) looming in the distance...dark, depressive, gloomy, foreboding.

So what's stopping you? There are walls and floors and ceilings and castle gateways already.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I would also like to be able to add some animations for a multiple part story line quest that I'm working on. Animations like...before getting killed, turning into a misty vapor or turning into a bat and disappearing through a crack, door or best of all a portal that suddenly appears right before the NPC dies.

You could add misty vapor/magic fire/etc effects after the NPC "dies" and maybe even enable a waypoint that would describe how the NPC "escaped death."
    Oh, and some spooky graveyards and additional graveyard items to stock the graveyard. And some weather phenomenon like rain, thunder, lightening and low floating mist and fog...

Search for "FX" in details -- I think that is all in there.
    And look in "Special" nodes for "Sound" like thunder and rain.
  • Options
    givearandomnamegivearandomname Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    forien69 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

I made one quests and I'm into doing another one and I've came up with some things to change/add in the Foundry. Some of them were surely mentioned, but I personally didn't see. I won't report here any bugs, just content of editor.
    Links in Comments (I've underlined them and every nickname is a link) are links to post where people originally described their ideas.
    I set some suggestions BOLDED. I've picked some which you posted the most frequently.
    Also I set everything on colors depending on Type.

#
    Tab/Type
    Content
    Comments

Costumes
    Add more costumes
    Like of peasants, merchants, villagers, commoners, dancers and every other NPC. We can see them ingame and in presets of NPCs, but I'd be happy to use them on encounter or on other NPC

Costumes
    Let us color presets' costumes and underwear
    Brown "bra" under sexy armor is kinda disgusting, white or other mild color would work better

Costumes
    Add more types of underwear and option to hide it
    Hide only when using armor, because underwear can mess up all great lookout of armor

Encounters
    Add more encounters covering 1 mob

Encounters
    Add another difficulty for encounters with only 1 enemy
    Because "Hard" isn't always as hard as we want.

Encounters
    Add a boss if possible to implement
    We would be very glad for having this big epic awesome health bar in Foundry quests. More epicness in UGC.

Maps
    Let us share maps
    I would be happy to share my map with other players so they can use it in their quests. Or at least I would be happy to use it in my other quest. Can I? Didn't see the option.

Costumes
    Let us share NPCs and costumes
    As above

General
    More map slots
    It's not issue for me, but I see people having great quests. We have 10 campaign slots... I will do campaign with 3 quests, so what will left is 9 campaigns and only 7 quests.

Details
    Add movable content
    We would enjoy levers, pullable chains, steer wheels and other funny things that moves when interacted with.

NPCs
    More animations
    Currently there is no way to make NPC sit on chair/bench. I think animations like this and others would be gladly appreciated

Rewards
    Add placeable kits/chests
    But only if you can make it non-exploitable (like minimum numbers of rooms and ancounters, maximum number of kits etc.

Experience
    Rework experience gain
    Rework experience gain to avoid exploits and make Lore quests more attractive. I described idea here (it's more game development issue than stricly Foundy editor, but I placed it here)

Story
    Let us make branching story
    With branching story we could give players more options to finish quests like "release prisoners OR kill them" with different story lines, so later objectives (and quest-dialogs) can depend on choices.

Story
    Add optional objective
    Let us make optional objective (like "find a map" in "clear a dungeon" quest) that will mean a little more reward (i.e. in cash or experience) so we can make quests more attractive and interesting

3D Editing
    Let us move NPC
    I find it very frustrating when I had to switch Foundry-Preview to adjust NPC position, so he could stay exactly where and how I wanted him to.

NPC
    Add "Animations Preview" window
    Add preview to animations we select when deciding how NPC should stay or respond in dialogs without us having to preview map. Just like costumes preview works (can be on dummy if not on exact NPC)

Preview
    Add rolls
    Or at least make statistic average for each class

Encounters
    Let us save modified encounters as templates
    We could want to use them again on the same map or another with the same name/settings /frobeard

General
    Add option to set quest as "private"
    If we can set map as private we can test it with our own characters without messing with "For Review" Tab. We would also want to invite friends to test it (f.e. via sharing). /xworndownx

Details
    Add switches
    Puzzles and brain teasers would benefit from switches. May be hard to implement, but will add third type of quests (now are Story and Combat) /denverralphy

Encounters
    Add more types of encounters
    With more types of encounter with other and/or new types of attack patterns battles and dungeons will be more interesting. Also making epic monsters like dragons, wyverns, beholders (these 3 as epic 1-mob encounter) would be great /allaerra ; xfatbat

NPC
    Authors' recorded voice
    Being able to record your voice so you do your own voice acting for NPC's would be cool too. /xfatbat

Catalog
    More browsing options
    Make it possible to view whole catalog, add more searching/filtering options. Add searching in "FOR REVIEW". /allaerra

3D Editing
    Object properties accessible
    When you select an object's bounding box in Avatar-Edit Mode, it should present the same object-properties from Foundry-Edit mode. /schidoosh

3D Editing
    More options to edit objects
    Allow authors to see and edit marker, sound, encounter, NPC, respawn, and spawn locations. Also please allow us to toggle visibility of avatar. /schidoosh, thesabotender

3D Editing
    Flying
    Double-tap space bar to start/stop flying, hold space bar to fly upward. If the player is above the ground and stops flying they fall until they either hit a collision-enabled object, or double-tap the spacebar to resume flight. /schidoosh

Sounds
    Adjusting volume
    Allow authors to edit the volume of sound objects and music manually in the object-properties. /schidoosh

Sounds
    Add range of sounds
    Allow authors to edit the radius of sound objects, equivalent to editing the size of markers. /schidoosh

Story
    Add OR statement to objectives
    If a quest node has two or more objectives, then authors should be able to specify AND/OR relationships between these objectives. (IMHO connected to #14 /Forien) /schidoosh, flukered, thesabotender

Objects
    Allow to move objects with triggers
    Allow us to move or rotate objects with triggers (dialogue, marker, quest, etc.). /schidoosh

NPC
    Let authors set more phrases
    Allow authors to write a deliminated list of phrases for an NPC to say. /schidoosh

Encounters
    Let authors set individual patrol paths for each actor
    Currently they move in a fixed formation regardless of how the player positions them to spawn. /schidoosh

Dialogs
    Let NPC give more items
    Enable NPC's to give the PC different items from specific dialogue choices. (and not only when it's main objective /Forien) /flukered

NPC
    Allow to make kids NPCs
    /flukered

Objects
    Allow snapping objects
    /austinacx

General
    Setting quests banner
    Set the preview image for the Quest by choosing from presets (similar to campaign banner), or taking a screenshot using the 3D Editor with fly mode. /thesabotender

General
    Setting loading splash screen
    Where you select the Map Location for maps, let us also choose a loading screen image (similar to previous suggestion). /thesabotender

Encounters
    New "Encounters" tab and options
    Allow players to create encounters by choosing an AI (archer, sword, mage, etc.) and a costume/preset. Place them in a tactical layout, and set their agro range. /thesabotender, rasmenar2112, adjuchasbrokk

NPC
    Add Vendor option to NPCs
    I'd like to see a vendor option so we can sell off our greys/whites that we've picked up along the way (end buy potions), maybe halfway through a longer foundry. /ladyshaie1

Catalog
    Play history and favorites
    Please let us mark already played quests and/or add them to favorites (quests, not authors) /ladyshaie1

Maps
    Add Raid or Dungeon map types
    rasmenar2112 describes this content a lot in his post

Sounds
    Uploadable music
    Allow authors to upload their own ambient music /rasmenar2112

Encounters
    Actor's death as trigger
    Allow authors to set something to happen when some mob dies. /rasmenar2112

Sounds
    More "Objective completed" sounds
    And allow us to decide which one choose. /rasmenar2112

Objects
    Treasure chests and professions' kits.
    /adjuchasbrokk

Dialogs
    Wait system for parties
    So all party members must have completed the dialog steps before activating the next step of the quest. /adjuchasbrokk

This 18 things are what I came up for now. I will maybe add more. If you want, say what other things you would add to the list and I will add them (and mark it's yours, I don't like to steal ideas etc.).

You are welcome to say what you think about any of this things, discuss about it or even say it's stupid, but please, be polite and please give an argument.

If moderator thinks that a list like that would be nice (especially for people like me, as I do not read everything here and don't know what ideas are already here) please stick this thread (and rename title to sometihng like "List of suggestions" if you do)
    what he said all this would be great just did my first quest yesterday i spent more time developing the quest then i did playing and i forsee doing many more.

so for me the most important is more quest slots i put in 9.5 hours on my first one when i run out of slots will cry when have to delete one of my hard worked creations
    Namin Soulburner
    NW-DHNVMMGVJ Dragons horde part one.
    http://youtu.be/0KbqTWeJqxc
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    so for me the most important is more quest slots i put in 9.5 hours on my first one when i run out of slots will cry when have to delete one of my hard worked creations

I'm pretty sure someone* from Cryptic mentioned possibly awarding more slots to highly rated UGC authors.
    (Perhaps something like an achievement unlock if you get 7 quests all rated over 3 stars)

*Maybe in the Andy Velasquez Foundry video? Or another one near that time?
  • Options
    oneandonlydoconeandonlydoc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eldarth wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure someone* from Cryptic mentioned possibly awarding more slots to highly rated UGC authors.
    (Perhaps something like an achievement unlock if you get 7 quests all rated over 3 stars)

*Maybe in the Andy Velasquez Foundry video? Or another one near that time?

I would love to see additional quest slots for everyone. The Foundry is absolutely amazing, but if you're building more than one campaign, I begin to wonder if the amount of quest slots we have is enough.

Maybe I'm the only one who thinks about sweeping campaigns with quests that are bite-sized chunks, though. I just figure not everyone has three hours to dedicate to one quest line within a campaign in a sitting.
    ~ Doc ~
    www.embklitzke.com
    Campaigns and Quests
    Ties that Bind (Campaign) - NWS-DEIYZIGF9
    A Father's Pain (Quest) - NW-DB7X8S7DM
    To Find That Which Is Lost (Quest) - NW-DS6YPYVVC
  • Options
    jerravonjerravon Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    Nope. You have the short-code. That's it. And they don't plan on working on it anytime soon from what I hear.

But the short code does not seem to work for missions that have yet to be reviewed. Unless I am missing something obvious?

If I cannot find an Un-reviewed missions by any means other than scrolling through a list, the process is useless. Again, I hope I am missing something obvious.
  • Options
    coanunncoanunn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 368 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Could we get an ability to link two invisible clicky objects as teleporters? This would allow us to use any of the current art assets as teleporters rather than having to request new teleporter art.
    Do you crave a good old fashioned dungeon crawl? One where the dungeon tells it's own story? The Dungeon Delves campaign is just for you! Start with my first release: NW-DQF4T7QYH Any cave can lead to adventure!
  • Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jerravon wrote: »
    But the short code does not seem to work for missions that have yet to be reviewed. Unless I am missing something obvious?

If I cannot find an Un-reviewed missions by any means other than scrolling through a list, the process is useless. Again, I hope I am missing something obvious.

You can use the short-code on the Best and New tab searches to find quests in the Review list. Usually one of them will work. If you can't find the quest, then it most likely the foundry catalog hasn't finished updating post-publish.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    eldarth wrote: »
    You could add misty vapor/magic fire/etc effects after the NPC "dies" and maybe even enable a waypoint that would describe how the NPC "escaped death."

Search for "FX" in details -- I think that is all in there.
    And look in "Special" nodes for "Sound" like thunder and rain.

Awesome...thanks for the info. I am new to the Foundry, thanks for helping me
  • Options
    ummthatguyummthatguy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    MAP:
    -Provision for topography changes (to include mountains and valleys, possibly via heightmap tab)
    -Provision for terrain details (such as prefab mountains, and terrain modifiers which basically just change the surface or create a subsurface, such as swampy patches, icy tundra DM layable paths etc)
    -Provision for deletion of details from templates (such as deletion of trees included within the template that are entirely within a user placed mountain and will therefore NOT be rendered or that are simply in the way)

User Content Submission
    -Provision for submission of models, textures, effects etc - to some central DM resource pool.
    -Allow attaching segments of already approved code (from a NW library of code segments such as teleportation, status infliction etc - not user generated code) to objects to create novel content

-Inclusion of said resources/code allocations pending acceptance by staff or some number (perhaps 50?) of DMs (which would require that DMs be able to browse these resources and to approve/report them and perhaps to attach attributes for use in categorization and filtering)

-Force DMs to set a default NW supplied resource if their desired resource is not approved, e.g. a default NW texture if the user submitted texture they wish to use has not been approved or has since been disprove

-Allows inclusion of new lore friendly non player races such as gensai, objects such as structures etc

LOOT:
    -Loot only to appear if the requirements of the foundry statistics from public use are filled - including at least 50 unique players completing the quest.
    -Provision for large number of DM specified scavenging points and chest spawn points or boss drops.
    -Ability for staff to exclude some points from random selection (if for example considered too close to beginning and therefore farmable) with repeat offenders warned then simply their quests excluded from the loot system
    -Loot to be generic, class specific and proportional to combat difficulty of quest.

Scavenging:
    -(5 stars) One per 15 minutes average play time, random scavenging point (of those provided); Limited to 5.
    -(4+ stars) One per 20 minutes, limited to 4.
    -(3+ stars) One per 20 minutes, limited to 3.
    -(2+ stars) One per 20 minutes, limited to 2.
    -(1+ stars) One if at least 20 minutes.

Chest/Boss Drop:
    -(5 stars) One per 20 minutes average play time, random boss drop or chest spawn point (of those provided in range of hard encounter or boss); limited to 3.
    -(4+ stars) One per 30 minutes, limited to 2.
    -(3+ stars) One if at least 30 minutes.
  • Options
    boilinghandsboilinghands Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let monsters walk through water planes. Water planes. Let them walk through them. Tell them they can do it, in their terrible hindbrain monster AI that has them getting stuck trying to move around corners or over objects more than an inch high. It's water. WATER! It's a foot deep and has no collision, and they're freaking paralyzed? What.
  • Options
    royabiroyabi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just finished my first map, and have to say, add a boss mode, like in the game, can be a normal mob with same hp, but using costumes etc, just need that thing of "this is the last room" or " this is the boss " i know there are ways to let that be known, but it needs that build up. Also, add a way to make friendlies turn into an encounter, ie you are tlaing to an npc, you answer something wrong and it turns against you ( yes you can add an encounter, and re costume it, but when the change happens they sometimes leap up from the ground, very unrealistic.

But by far most important is to add a search to the " for review " bit of the catalog. i mean how are you supposed to get from there to new when scrolling down once can take 20 seconds.. or at least break them into pages.
  • Options
    oldrperoldrper Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Invisible Walls: We need a way (checkbox) to make invisible walls visible when working with the 3d editor. Adjusting placement of invisible walls in outdoor settings is a real pain. Also: Make invisible walls default to highest draw priority on the foundry map.

Dragbox Selection: In 3d editing, a method to select by nearest, and then tab through object drag boxes.

Dragbox Filtering: In 3d editing, a way to filter drag box display/selection by object type (or name).

Import/Export of Maps (XML): If foundry authors could import/export maps they could not only include a map in multiple adventures, they could share them with other members of the authoring community.
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Proper dead body animations for spiders (and probably other stuff).

Proper scaling, so we don't have to figure out how to challenge a level 20 rogue without facemurdering a 60 cleric.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Make teleporters appear/disappear based on conditions like other objects...

Also, give the ability to turn off the default sound, or replace it with its own (or place a triggerable sound on top), but at least the teleporter sound be OFF...

Finally, maybe a teleporter could be "interacted with" and assigned a different object/component (like a door, a mirror, portal, fire, any object really...)

Thanks for adding it to the list... I think this one is important because it would allow us to minimize the number of map loads by creating one single map and different areas in it.
  • Options
    krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    krisst0f wrote: »
    Make teleporters appear/disappear based on conditions like other objects...

Just a note that it could be useful to make the teleporter disapear after it is used.
  • Options
    scifiguy29scifiguy29 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please add more costumes also boss fights!!! These 2 things REALLY need to be the first things added.

Please try my foundry Non-Fiction Fairytales short code : NW-DCS3BIRXL
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    We need more control options in the Backdrop Editor for Ambience / Music, Sounds, Sound Effects...All Audio.

Need to Add more Background Sound Override tabs and break down the Sounds List into Categories, like...Ambience/Music, Neverwinter places ambiance, Sound Effects, Whole Map Sounds, Haunted/Spooky, Weather and General Sound Effects and etc, etc, etc....

This way we can spend our time more efficiently by going directly to the category we are looking for instead of searching through a huge single disorganized list of sounds...just my opinion / needs.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    We desperately need a way to navigate while in the Foundry Editor.

For instance a "HOME" and "BACK" button is a major necessity, so when we're working on multiple Quests / Campaigns and we need a break from one (or hit a creative impasse) we can return to the Foundry home or main page and select another Quest / Campaign to work on.

Also, having our Quests / Campaigns listed within the "file" tab within the Editor to be able to select from there would be a great help also. Otherwise, we have to close the Foundry and launch, re-log back into the Foundry home Page to select another project to work on...this is a HUGE pain in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to do.

On another note...would be nice to be able to copy a whole map and paste into another Quest / Campaign. I screwed up an made my map for a quest instead of a Campaign that is going to have multiple Quests / Acts within a campaign.

If there is a way to do this already, I just haven't figured it out yet...as I am new to the Foundry...ty.
  • Options
    casten24casten24 Member Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I've got three things, I'd like to see that haven't been mentioned in the list. First off, making more things disappearable (i.e. portals, event markers, cavern doorways that don't have the generic door selected [with the generic door is NOT selected the "disappears when" trigger doesn't work at all]) disappearable and appearable (i.e. putting a marker under the intended exit of the portal and having it trigger the portal to disappear, so you can use it to enter an area, but not exit an area)

The second thing would be changing the "appears when" mechanic to refresh itself (i.e. You place an event marker to trigger the appearance of a rock, and another to trigger the disappearance of said rock, the event marker that triggers the appearance of the rock should make it appear again once it's been disappeared by the other event marker. [not only would this help in making more elaborate maze-like dungeons, it could also create the option of two-man team puzzles where one person opens the door on one side, the other runs through and stands on the trigger to keep it open {you'd have to use slim passageways to place the marker that closes the door in a place where the first person would have to cross it, but it can be done with this option}])

The third thing would be NPC grouping and enemy mob ungrouping. As a bit of flavor I added a small band of adventures (if you want to call them that) that path from one end of the road on the map to the other, It'd be nice to have them move in formation along the path by grouping them (which would also lower the number of patrol way points needed so we can add more actors in such a scene). At the same time, it's be good to remove the "must be grouped" option from enemy mobs. I honestly don't see the necessity of have them pre-grouped to begin with. If the encounter is too hard because of how many mobs are there, then reviewers will say so (or the players will eventually stop playing it altogether if it happens to make it through the reviewing process).
    The Portrait Gray Campaign
    Prologue: Fort Neverember
    NW-DL2RVQ54C
    Chapter 1: The Gray Portrait
    NW-DHGEFBMGD
  • Options
    jaggeropthjaggeropth Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like to see traps positionable in a reasonable way in the 3d editor. Right now it's all guesswork and a lot of back and forth from 2d to 3d to get things right. And that's just the one trap. Imagine having to position a dozen or more. Actually, if there were a way to make ALL special objects temporarily become dumb objects that can be positioned in 3d like all the other dumb objects. Then once they are in position you can turn all the interactions back on again. Yes, there's a chance the author might forgot to switch them back on again but that's a price I'd be willing to pay for perfectly aligned traps and such. Also, while I'm on the topic, some of the control points on objects make them difficult to position because the control point is not actually anywhere inside the object itself. I can understand why some of the objects have odd control point positioning (for example the wooden walkways have the straight piece with the control point in the center, but the ramp piece that goes along with it has its control point such that it lines up right over top of the straight piece's control point when you butt them together perfectly. This is a royal pain in the 2d editor because you need to move them apart to pick the correct one. In 3d you end up waving over the wrong one while standing on the piece you didn't want to edit and fall to your death because anything you touch in 3d disabled the collision for that object. That's a nice feature when you're moving something large and need to be inside it. I'd like to see a way to re-enable the collision on an object once I'm done editing it. Maybe hold down the CTRL key when I wave over the object's cyan-colored 3d edit cube restores their collisions. If I get stuck inside I can always wave it again to remove the collision and step away and try again. Another thing I'd like to see is the portions of the water plane that end up below the terrain are not displayed in the 2d editor (in essence display the correct shoreline for the water). This would help IMMENSLY in placement of objects and knowing if they are drowning or not. Another thing that would be nice is an option to turn on the object's name in the 3d editor so you can see it when you mouse over it. As a final request, and I'm sure everyone will love this one... please add an AUTHOR SPAWN POINT. This would allow us to keep the intended spawn point where it is and if this other spawn point is active (i.e. present on the map) the game launches using that one instead. Of course it would need a 0/0 allocation so if we accidentally forget to remove it we can't publish. Or even better, it gets automatically removed from published games.
    If a tree falls in a virtual forest, how big is the sound file?
    Please review my "Finger of God" campaign: NWS-DPJMGYJGV
    Quest #1: NW-DS24FX4BC - Cragsford
    Quest #2: NW-DTPUNXUAB - Mine's Mine
    Quest #3: NW-DIPZQ7CMS - Are We There Yeti?
    Quest #4: NW-DSCFDT5WS - Finger of God
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    As an afterthought, make the collisions remain in place by default. I HAVE to use the CTRL + rollover to deactivate it. If it works that way I don't really care if I can turn it back on again. That would just be icing on the cake.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Sorry for the multiple posts. Like to see a way to make extra openings where rooms adjoin, instead of just the default ones it puts there. Although you can relocate them I'd like to be able to make all the sections an opening. Suggest that in the "Special" section of the 2d editor that you add "Opening" as a type which works in the same way as the "Door" in terms of placement. In other words I should be able to place an opening in any spot that I can put a door legitimately.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Just figured out how to add extra openings. Simply place a door there and don't complete the process. It leaves the opening as is. Doh!
  • Options
    dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not one to start petition threads, so I'll just post here. I really need a pointy top object to attach to my nuclear missile in "secret agent 34." Thank you for your time and attention.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I wish there was a 24 hr day/night clock in the Editor to use and that way you could easily pick the correct map lighting you want. Hmmmm...Naaah, that would make too much sense and be tooo easy
  • Options
    casten24casten24 Member Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jaggeropth wrote: »
    I'd like to see traps positionable in a reasonable way in the 3d editor. Right now it's all guesswork and a lot of back and forth from 2d to 3d to get things right. And that's just the one trap. Imagine having to position a dozen or more.

Depending on the other dozen traps, shouldn't be to hard to just edit the coordinates through the component tree button. Just make sure you change the numbers in the names of the traps to more easily distinguish between the plethora
    Actually, if there were a way to make ALL special objects temporarily become dumb objects that can be positioned in 3d like all the other dumb objects. Then once they are in position you can turn all the interactions back on again. Yes, there's a chance the author might forgot to switch them back on again but that's a price I'd be willing to pay for perfectly aligned traps and such.

Think this was already mentioned in the OP.
    Also, while I'm on the topic, some of the control points on objects make them difficult to position because the control point is not actually anywhere inside the object itself. I can understand why some of the objects have odd control point positioning (for example the wooden walkways have the straight piece with the control point in the center, but the ramp piece that goes along with it has its control point such that it lines up right over top of the straight piece's control point when you butt them together perfectly. This is a royal pain in the 2d editor because you need to move them apart to pick the correct one.

I tend to just rename control points of objects then adjust them through the Component Tree. It's easier to find them, and usually I can get a bit more pinpoint. Course, it usually takes me a bit to start getting the numbers down.
    Another thing I'd like to see is the portions of the water plane that end up below the terrain are not displayed in the 2d editor (in essence display the correct shoreline for the water). This would help IMMENSLY in placement of objects and knowing if they are drowning or not.

This is usually fixed by placing the water before the shore... The latest placed items more often then not tend to have their visuals overlap whatever was placed before it... Course, there are rare exceptions...
    As a final request, and I'm sure everyone will love this one... please add an AUTHOR SPAWN POINT. This would allow us to keep the intended spawn point where it is and if this other spawn point is active (i.e. present on the map) the game launches using that one instead. Of course it would need a 0/0 allocation so if we accidentally forget to remove it we can't publish. Or even better, it gets automatically removed from published games.

Just right click and select "Play Map from Here."
    The Portrait Gray Campaign
    Prologue: Fort Neverember
    NW-DL2RVQ54C
    Chapter 1: The Gray Portrait
    NW-DHGEFBMGD
  • Options
    uncooldeathuncooldeath Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    one thing that all mmo games need a class specific run it would teach peeps how to play their toons pluss i am a cleric i would like to lvl up by healing not by dps something like this would be great if could run a foundry mission where i heal insted of smash and bash and the same could go for the other classes to something like this would produce better players and overall better gameplay for everyone
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    OMG it's frustrating trying to work with water planes.

Either...
    1. Properly display intersection of water plane with terrain
    2. Give us a global editor toggle/checkbox that we can turn on/off display of water planes
    3. Display water at 50% (or less, or scalable) opacity.

PLEASE do something -- it hurts soooo bad. :(