test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Feedback] Suggestions What to Add/Change in the Foundry.

Comments

• Options
    jordanneffjordanneff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Properly duplicating maps! I don't know how the current "duplicate map" function got so messed up but it's a huge pain to plan your quest around how many duplicates you'll need.

Fixes: Able to duplicate map with interactable objects and NPC's without it making a million copies. Also it should be able to duplicate NPC paths!
  • Options
    mosby1mosby1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 288 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'd love to have "bookmarks", especially on the map. Let me select the map, location, and zoom level I want. Then drag it to the title bar and create a bookmark. Then I can jump back to that exact view just by clicking on the bookmark (no matter which map I'm on).

Could work for other views too, but mostly needed for maps.
    DM's Studio - NW-DHZ5DAV4R
    The Cursed Emerald:
    1. Weird of the Weather-witch -- NW-DEZAK4QPA
    2. The Ambitious Apprentice -- NW-DLRAVW4S4
  • Options
    prypyatprypyat Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm sure this has been suggested already, but I really wish there was a better way for people to see new quests.

The "under review" tab on the job board is so laggy I can't even navigate it, and it has no search.
  • Options
    lunchtimenowlunchtimenow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    I would love to be able to create dialog options, interaction, and events based on random rolls by the player to mimic a perception check system or even against ability scores. So it would work like this:
    The player inspects a glass. (Roll a perception check)

(Rolls a 1-3 15%) Win Big - You notice it is marked by soft lips... deep red lipstick.
    (Rolls a 4-7 20%) Win Small - You notice the cup has been sipped from, but nothing else.
    (Rolls a 8-13 25%) Lose - The character notices nothing unusual at all, its just a cup.
    (Rolls a 14-20 40%) Lose Big - The character fumbles the glass and it shatters as it hits the ground alerting guards.

You could take this a step further and just allow the player to input the win percentages to the roll check equation.

Now, a version based on ability scores would look something like this:
    The player attempts to rip a phone book in half. (Roll a check against the player's character's intelligence score).

Win Intellect, the player understands how to rip the phone book in half with little effort.
    Lose Intellect, (Roll a check against the player's strength score).

Win Strength, the player uses his/her might to rip the phone book in half.
    Lose Strength, the player fails to rip the book in half.

The phone book example is poor, but it gets the idea across.

So, there could be a full perception check/roll system, a full ability score check/roll system or just a simple random roll between options.

Pros:
    - More customization options for how events are triggered
    - Random choices for increased replay value
    - A foundry quest could have choices where group diversity wins
    - Dungeons could be tailored to specific strengths and weakness
    - Allows for automation of dungeon mastering
    - Non-linear cause and effect

Con:
    - None, it's all beneficial and implemented by choice.
    Y9KrNPv.jpg4MEPTcf.jpg
    NW-DSEGBOHCC & NW-DKSTDEHFF @lunchtimenow
  • Options
    pixelb0xpixelb0x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This has probably been mentioned, but I'd love it if the dialog editor pop-up was improved so that you could see the entire text of a dialog node without having to use your keyboard to scroll up and down. Clicking on a node should bring up a larger window so typing would be easier!
  • Options
    serudis1serudis1 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    3D Editing suggestion: When i'm editing objects inside tents or whatever, I can't see anything because the top of the tent is blocking my view. There should be a way to turn on wireframe mode or something that allows us to see through objects in the way of something inside or behind the tent or whatever object is there.

Sorry if my explanation sucks. I just woke up.

PS: Also would be nice to be able to scale up/down objects, even if it's just a little bit. Sometimes my NPC's are to big or small and get all glitchy.
  • Options
    toyeverdaletoyeverdale Member Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    I will template my idea like your nice list:
    Encounters Spawn Controls For mob spawning, properties that allow us to set spawn conditions, like If X lever is hit, Zone X is walked through, After X time has passed... Linkable triggers so you can tie spawns to passing through a zone for a while, or a while after hitting a lever. Also would be nice to have respawn controls there as well.

Scratch this if it already exists, I just haven't found it yet.

I am thinking they could and should offer more foundry slots via market/zen. I know I would buy since the campaign I am working on is waaaay more than 10 quests.
  • Options
    toyeverdaletoyeverdale Member Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    As far as loot and exp, I think Foundry is designed poorly in that aspect because how easy it is to exploit. I think if they designed around a asset resource system, where you pick some basic setup settings and have a pool of points to spend on loot and exp, then you would have less room for exploiting. They could also monetize on that aspect as well.
  • Options
    havoclhavocl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    A better list for costumes and dialogues. As of right now, I've made a quest with over 100 dialogue trees. It's pretty hard to navigate through them, if you want to find something.
    Conflict between sworn enemies (NWS-DB3HIQPRH) by Havoc988 :
    It started with a burglary
    Then it got friendly
    But it ended badly
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Sorry edited as posted in wrong thread.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    yospeckyospeck Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Something that has started to bug me. It would be nice if when you click on a placed item when in the editor mode, that within the popup it gives you the items description and size, etc. This is particularly useful with the Y axis information, I typically find when I'm placing stuff on top of other items knowing the height would make things a lot quicker (right now I have to do a search for the item again). Something small (I guess) but would be really helpful.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Multi-object property editing -- i.e. drag-select a row of banners and change the Z axis value sets it for all in the selection, or select multiple encounter actors and change name/group name (maybe even costume!) at once.
  • Options
    lionstorylionstory Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Only attempted one very simple one so far, but here are my initial suggestions:

1. Make foundry author characters able to 'grant' or be the contact person for a quest.
    2. Make foundry author characters able to 'complete' a quest (still based on the conditions for completion as defined in the foundry being met)
    3. (A bit more challenging) Make guild members of foundry author characters able to 'complete' a quest (when conditions are met)
    These can drastically increase role playing aspects of the game.

4. Allow selectable NPCs to act as the mission completion chest instead of having to send the player to find one.
    5. Fix the objective conditional parts of conversation.
  • Options
    hedas8hedas8 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    1.I think it would be great to arm, customize powers, friedly/neutral/hostile status and stats of npcs so you could build wave defenses and keep assaults without the fail that is the guard encounter.
    2. customize npcs bound to encounters in a similar way.
    3. dialogue between npcs (chat bubbles/animation events).
    "Vera libertas dissipabis omnem tantibus" me.
    Hedas 60 GWF.
    Hrod 60 GF.
    Alain Loreweaver 60 CW.
    Dragon.
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like the ability to "import" one of my live characters to do "In Foundry" testing, replacing the stats, companions and gear of the Author character (avoiding the utterly broken respec option).
  • Options
    tonylanglettonylanglet Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been reading through some of the posts here and most of them seems like good ideas but I'm not sure about the player made music/sound and decisions when it comes to loot and rewards, it will be to easy to exploit.

I'd like to see more of:
    * IF/THEN/ELSE statemenst for story/encounters/objects.
    * Timers for story/encouonters/objects.
    * A way to create your own encounters with easy/normal/hard mob(s).
    * Animations on switches/levers/doors/objects**
    * Different outcomes of dialogue, connecting ends of the dialog into objects/spawns etc.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    * Different outcomes of dialogue, connecting ends of the dialog into objects/spawns etc.

You can basically do this already you just have to spawn/make-visible "when dialog reached".
  • Options
    shaddaxshaddax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great list so far, let's keep it growing!

One way portals
    Self explanatory.

Visibility triggers for quest objects
    Allow us to make quest triggers hidden and shown. For instance, a specific contact NPC could be hidden until the players reach the end of the map, then return to an earlier room where this NPC was the entire time. Many other ideas around this same concept.

Allow triggers to be defined as "AND/OR" triggers
    Currently the Component Reached triggers act as OR triggers while Component Complete triggers are AND triggers. Allowing us to define that would help with puzzle quests.

Allow spawn by different types of triggers
    Make visible when Component Reached OR Component complete. Same reason as above.

Multi-Object Property Editing
    Allow us to select multiple objects, then display the properties that all of those object share, like visibility, allowing us to edit those properties for all objects 1 time. Right now this is very time consuming for detailed and complex quests.

Object Scale
    Add a property to set the draw scale of an object to make it bigger or smaller.

One time effects
    All special effects (from what I have seen) are looping. Would be great if we could show an explosion effect and it would end on its own.

I think I've added enough for now. So devs, let me ask your favorite question (one dev to another), when will this be done? In a week right?

Keep up the amazing work, both PWE and the Community!
    @Nduna
    Author of "The Party" (NW-DD33IHKSH)
    A wall suddenly appears out of nowhere blocking your path. You turn to notice that the everyone has vanished, their cheers replaced with screams. Unsure what is happening, you decide its best you leave this 'party'...
    The Party
  • Options
    takuuntakuun Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Being able to move rooms on the Y axis. I.e a room above the other one with hallways/stairs leading up to the other. [premade dual layer rooms not included]
  • Options
    keo74keo74 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like to see a Randomizing Object, which could be triggered. When you configure it you would add outcomes one of which would be randomly choosen. The outcomes could be treated similar to dialog completes. A nice configuration option would be to allow access the same randomizing object later on but have any previous used outcomes disabled.

Example . You add a randomizing object and set it to trigger on a Dialog complete. Then you create 3 outcomes. Each of which is used to trigger a door opening. So when the player completes the dialog one of the 3 doors would open.
  • Options
    keo74keo74 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another fun feature would be able to have a conversation with NPC that is not necessarily in the same room. For example, You need to rescue the princess who is locked behind a dungeon door. You could trigger dialog when the door is inspected but right now it would not look like it is coming from the princess.
  • Options
    deimosesdeimoses Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Id like to see a Full monster designer within foundry to expand on the costume editor:

that would include:

Model choice/Editing to include vocal sounds
    Combat AI Drop Box Choices, such as Melee,Ranged Weapons used, Powers used.
    Health Levels choices such as: Are they Minon, ELite, or a Boss ect..
  • Options
    vinarianvinarian Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As more and more people start making foundry missions, it will become harder to promote your foundry, so my suggestions are as follows:

1. (In Game) - possibly have a "random" foundry option that will give double rewards for the daily foundry quest, which will automatically put you (or your group) into a random foundry mission that is eligible for the daily.

2. Include more options for boss type characters (the enemies of type solo) - as well as allow them to spawn alone, for instance, perhaps you are creating a foundry that requires an assassin type boss, currently all we have to choose from are brutes, and the two demon types

3. Allow us to include some type of secret or side quest incentives, i.e. allow us two profession nodes and a chest per foundry mission
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    eldarth wrote: »
    You can basically do this already you just have to spawn/make-visible "when dialog reached".

Aaaah, true... I have to look into this some more, it might actually solve my problem. I saw it yesterday when I were in the development of my map but didn't really realize how it worked. Thanks for the information bro.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    shaddax wrote: »
    Great list so far, let's keep it growing!

One way portals
    Self explanatory.

I'm thinking right out of my head right now and I'm not sure if it works but can't you make a reach-point trigger which will de-activate the portal when you come through it?

Something else:
    I'm used to be coding boss fights and dialogs and a whole lot of other stuff with Perl scripting for EverQuest Emu and there is alot of things you can do with a basic scripting language for mission creation and if we could somehow include maybe not a scripting editor but the main concept of a programming/scripting language like LOOPS, IF Clausules, OR, AND, ARRAYS, TABLES, and so on...
  • Options
    elvalianonelvalianon Member Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe it is just me but I can't seem to specify when exactly a NPC Disappears. It just says: Disappear when - this objective complete. Should come in handy if you can specify what you mean :P (or maybe I'm just a nooby)
  • Options
    havoclhavocl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    An ability to export dialogue trees, so we can read them outside of the Foundry. Good for proofreading.
    Conflict between sworn enemies (NWS-DB3HIQPRH) by Havoc988 :
    It started with a burglary
    Then it got friendly
    But it ended badly
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    elvalianon wrote: »
    Maybe it is just me but I can't seem to specify when exactly a NPC Disappears. It just says: Disappear when - this objective complete. Should come in handy if you can specify what you mean :P (or maybe I'm just a nooby)

If you choose to make the NPC disappear when "this object is complete" I get it that when you are done interacting with the NPC it will disappear. This is usually when you get the prompt to "Object Click F to *something*" or if there is a dialog I guess its after the dialoge is completed.

I aggree that some functions descriptions are confusing, the best thing is to try things out.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    havocl wrote: »
    An ability to export dialogue trees, so we can read them outside of the Foundry. Good for proofreading.

And the opportunity to zoom and resize dialog boxes.
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Copy/paste dialog would also be useful if you realize you need a dialog attached to something else, or multiple mostly-similar dialogs.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?