test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best Companion for CW and why ???

2»

Comments

• copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Leveling - A tank companion (man-at-arms)
    Dungeons/Skirm - Cat/Ion stone (anything else doesn't even compare)
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • fogalmamsincsfogalmamsincs Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thx!

So the blue stone is what i should get, and its worth the extra AD, put 3 nice drake seal items in, and be happy right?
  • zelkovahzelkovah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So you guys think the ioun stone of alure is better because icons always come with offensive slots amd belts (for the cat) always comes with defensive slots? so even though the ioun stone gives less crit/rec by default it will give more after enchants? just rrying to see if i understand this right.
  • bori08bori08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't have enough AD for any of the epic ones since i start playing what u guys recommend tank or cleric?
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bori08 wrote: »
    I don't have enough AD for any of the epic ones since i start playing what u guys recommend tank or cleric?
    Tank made things a lot easier for me than a cleric.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zelkovah wrote: »
    So you guys think the ioun stone of alure is better because icons always come with offensive slots amd belts (for the cat) always comes with defensive slots? so even though the ioun stone gives less crit/rec by default it will give more after enchants? just trying to see if i understand this right.

The ioun stone also give a higher total stats than the cat does and is cheaper. Icons have more interesting stats than belts too (I don't know if there's an epic belt that has power/crit/recovery/armor pen) and I think they also have slightly higher total stats. The one downside is that if you get the icon from the dracolich for your ioun, everyone will hate you haha
    edited May 2013
    smulch wrote: »
    The ioun stone also give a higher total stats than the cat does and is cheaper. Icons have more interesting stats than belts too (I don't know if there's an epic belt that has power/crit/recovery/armor pen) and I think they also have slightly higher total stats. The one downside is that if you get the icon from the dracolich for your ioun, everyone will hate you haha

AFAIK Cat gives (225 Crit + 225 Recovery = 450 Total Stats), Stone gives (150 Power + 150 Crit + 150 Recovery = 450 Total stats). So its the same total amount but distributed differently. Thanks for the impout on the items though, I'm not really familiar with the BiS gear you can give cat/stone.
    edited May 2013
    zelkovah wrote: »
    AFAIK Cat gives (225 Crit + 225 Recovery = 450 Total Stats), Stone gives (150 Power + 150 Crit + 150 Recovery = 450 Total stats). So its the same total amount but distributed differently. Thanks for the impout on the items though, I'm not really familiar with the BiS gear you can give cat/stone.

My stone is giving me 171 to all stats so I don't know what's up with it.
  • velforcevelforce Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its not levelled all the way to 25 most likely, mine is 19/25 and im slowly trying to get it to 25, its at about 134 per stat right now
    edited May 2013
    Does anybody mind posting a screenshot of how the ioun stone of alure looks like ingame. Can't find any.
    edited May 2013
    velforce wrote: »
    its not levelled all the way to 25 most likely, mine is 19/25 and im slowly trying to get it to 25, its at about 134 per stat right now

nope, it is level 25.

I do have prestidigitation but that would mean the base stats is 166 if it even works on the stone.
  • visinjivisinji Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    frostii0 wrote: »
    cat only counts crit and recovery.

You get those PLUS whatever he's wearing. So total stats of the cat go to the owner.