test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Uhhhh. Did they change temple of the spider?

Comments

• Options
    demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yay, you can't exploit it anymore, Its still easy. CC/kill add's, dps boss takes longer than tricking her off the edge off noo's. Its not impossible you just need player's who haven't been exploiting every boss and actually have skills they have developed to get thier gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oceanic Neverwinter guild http://19thbattalion.com/home
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • Options
    speedstersonicspeedstersonic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yay, you can't exploit it anymore, Its still easy. CC/kill add's, dps boss takes longer than tricking her off the edge off noo's. Its not impossible you just need player's who haven't been exploiting every boss and actually have skills they have developed to get thier gear.

our group used to knock those adds off the edge, BUT WE RUN ONE HEALER NOT TWO, idk what you're talking about but this fight became impossible for us with one healer.
  • Options
    churchilligcchurchilligc Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    idk, I usually just ignore anyone who makes a claim without properly detailing the way to reach the same point.

I may be an elitist *******, but when it comes to stuff like strategies for something that's been beat thousands of times already (even if through exploits), withholding the information is just lulzy.
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chonir01 wrote: »
    Removing the possibility of her falling off to instant death was needed. Stopping the removal of her adds is silly. The reason people punted the adds was b/c they hit stupid hard (Charge from across the room, disable you with a root then pound your face) and they have tons of health you have to chew through. Of course while your chewing through the adds your doing minimal DPS to her and shes healing away.

Last time I did the fight it was myself (DC healing) 1 Rogue and 3 CW. Yes we killed her legit, although maby it was'ent legit since the CW and I knocked every add into that pit. If thats not intended at all, either lower the Health / Dmg on the adds or slow thier roll !! They spawn too fast for the health / Dmg they do if we cant remove them. Your basically telling people that 2 DC and ignore adds is the way to go. Personally I find 2 DC groups boring, would much rather see the tuning on this fight re-visited.

Throwing the adds can be considered intended, but honestly being able to throw the boss as well is cheesy as hell.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    d3mi21d3mi21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9
    edited May 2013
    They just dont know how to make fun boss fights
  • Options
    dancingchimpdancingchimp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I honest to god, do not think that Cryptic ever played there own game.
  • Options
    skumbagduskskumbagdusk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This thread is hilarious. Spider Queen is still 100% killable with 1 cleric. And I'm not talking about running 2 CWs either. I love this fight now.

edit: yes the fight is now much more difficult, but that's what makes it fun

and to clarify, I play a GF; group runs 1x of each class. Boss is 100% killable.
  • Options
    kaasdoekkaasdoek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QX5VXgWSaY

Post fix.

1 Cleric.

If 2 CW. Run Ice Storm if they have it.
    If 1 CW 1 GWF. Run Singularity, but try to pile up the adds on the edge of Astral Shield.

Every dungeon i run is with 1 cleric, except Castle.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Where is your GF or GWF?

You like to rag on double AS being cheese easy mode, but run 2 CW and 2 TR.
  • Options
    darksxdarksx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    covinus03 wrote: »
    Try her now, she's insanely hard, summons far too many adds to DPS down, teleports too often, and is still able to heal/detonate adds. We just tried her with a really solid group 2x TR, 1 GWF, 1 CW, 1 DC that breezed through the rest of the dungeon and couldn't get her past 75%.

Have I mentioned her adds are absurd? They were doing 16-18k hits and she summons 4 of them... often. Yea, I'm afraid this reeks of a lack of play testing, she needs to be toned way way back.

I can't agree more

This is why I am about done with this game and pretty much have given up trying any Heroics out. Cryptic keeps ignoring our request and concerns and only places band aid fixes over issues like this.
  • Options
    kaasdoekkaasdoek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Where is your GF or GWF?

You like to rag on double AS being cheese easy mode, but run 2 CW and 2 TR.

rag? When did i do that? I prefer 1 cleric because it improves clear time. Sadly most of my friends are TR's and CW's. To comfort you though. I killed her previous this video with a GF, Cleric, TR, 2 CW.

So stop whining, start doing!
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is the funniest troll or joke post ever, 10/10.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kaasdoek wrote: »
    rag? When did i do that? I prefer 1 cleric because it improves clear time. Sadly most of my friends are TR's and CW's. To comfort you though. I killed her previous this video with a GF, Cleric, TR, 2 CW.

So stop whining, start doing!

I have beat it, I still think Phase 1 is broken because the mechanics aren't able to be countered which makes the fight a DPS check in a game with 1 DPS class.
  • Options
    speedstersonicspeedstersonic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This thread is hilarious. Spider Queen is still 100% killable with 1 cleric. And I'm not talking about running 2 CWs either. I love this fight now.

edit: yes the fight is now much more difficult, but that's what makes it fun

and to clarify, I play a GF; group runs 1x of each class. Boss is 100% killable.

Yeah, almost none of these fights are fun imo cause they're all the same. "Add wave after add wave" The adds are tougher than the **** boss. It gets boring.

Also, I need proof, cause it's insanely frustrating without 2 clerics or 2 CWs.
  • Options
    covinus03covinus03 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, almost none of these fights are fun imo cause they're all the same. "Add wave after add wave" The adds are tougher than the **** boss. It gets boring.

Also, I need proof, cause it's insanely frustrating without 2 clerics or 2 CWs.

This ^

First of all there are a couple huge misconceptions going on in this thread, one is that she's not beatable she clearly is. However I would guess that 99% of the people talking about how the "bads" just "don't have the skillz" to bear her "know how to play" generally way overgear this place. Try it with a pug group with a couple of guys right at 8300 GS you'll quickly find that it's not about L2P it's about simply not having the means to successfully complete the dungeon. Also I would guess that you're running with a specific party combo for this boss in particular.

Which brings me to my second point, any dungeon should be able to be completed through the dungeon finder with the basic search criteria the dungeon finder looks for (1 tank, 1 heal, 3 DPS) at the minimum gear score needed to queue. This is no longer the case with this dungeon, it just isn't so please stop talking about how hard you smashed this dungeon and how everyone else is terribad because they are saying they didn't do the same, this whole thread is not about you. It's about players sometimes just getting stuck with the minimum rather than the maximum and no longer being able to finish this.
  • Options
    dukemandukeman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just did the boss (the 56 version) with 2 clerics (me being one of them) 2 rogues and a gf. We focused the adds when the spawn and using divine glow when the rogues were on the boss to increase their dmg and lower her defense seemed to help them rip chunks out of her.
  • Options
    ceonnynceonnyn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just did epic in a random queue.

I was lucky to not get kicked instantly.

It was 2 clerics, 1 Mage, 1 rogue and myself - GF. I was tied for 2nd in damage with the cw. It was a tough fight and I doubt it would have been possible without 2 cleric circles.
  • Options
    eikooneikoon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    we just finished the temple on epic. our setup: 1x gwf, 1x dc, 2x cw, 1x tr.

i really hope they dont nerf or adjust her - she is fine (once you figured out how some of her mechanics work -> no... not by abusing or exploiting -> by thinking). it is the only boss i know that really needs thinking at the moment and i bet your head will hit your table if you notice it. conclusion: if you sorted out how her mechanics work (especially 2) - she is more than well tuned.

its really about thinking and not defeating add-wave after add-wave...

good luck!

p.s. small hint our mages never used singularity and you can change all classes in the group setup except tr and dc.
  • Options
    demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Just because the GS required to get in is 8300 dosn't mean you should run it, because you have 8300 GS dosn't mean its a guaranteed kill the GS system is so broken its easy to boost your GS with completely irrelevant stat for your class and recommended gear that dose nothing for your group/build. For example I have a joke GWF with 12 STR and 17 INT (yay for ability roll bug's) he has a GS of 10K with stacked Lifesteal and HP (was bored one weekend)

STRAT: Reduce her hp to 0 before she reduces your hp to 0, I find this works on most bosses in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oceanic Neverwinter guild http://19thbattalion.com/home
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • Options
    pinacoladas22pinacoladas22 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eikoon wrote: »
    we just finished the temple on epic. our setup: 1x gwf, 1x dc, 2x cw, 1x tr.

i really hope they dont nerf or adjust her - she is fine (once you figured out how some of her mechanics work -> no... not by abusing or exploiting -> by thinking). it is the only boss i know that really needs thinking at the moment and i bet your head will hit your table if you notice it. conclusion: if you sorted out how her mechanics work (especially 2) - she is more than well tuned.

its really about thinking and not defeating add-wave after add-wave...

good luck!

p.s. small hint our mages never used singularity and you can change all classes in the group setup except tr and dc.

every person posting 'we did it' isnt posting how

she heals whenever she feels like in phase 1. it has nothing to do with webs
  • Options
    aierrsaierrs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    Epic spider last boss.
    I have done this with GS arnd 9-10k grp setup below
    -Dual cleric, cw, gwf, tr.
    -1 DC, 2TR, 2 GWF.

Athough I have completed it at least 4-5 times since patch. I have not yet really understand her mechanism.

But 1 thing for sure. Stacking creeps and aoe dps on her + adds is the best way to clear this. Her heals are based on hp of her adds. Meaning if she heal, her adds die too. So basically just aoe everything plus boss and make sure dps dealt is more than her current hp + adds.

ALso she runs. But it looks like she can be interrupted to a certain extend. I dont think she can be interrupted from her channeled healing. But she will somehow stay in a spot if enough ppl is interrupting her.
    JUst to add... this is one of the few fight where gwf makes the boss easier. Only need 1tr tbh.
  • Options
    dockilljoydockilljoy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've done this fight before the "fix" and after the patch in various group compositions. I've also failed on her completely. It doesn't matter if you can do it or not, the problem is her mechanics are complete ****. She will heal whenever she feels like it whether adds are on a web or not. It's basically a DPS check boss and the 8200 GS rating is completely inaccurate and misleading. Balance needs to be instituted or fix the mechanics so that if mobs are on webs she heals, and if they are not she doesn't. Instead this boss is just luck based hoping that she doesn't heal. My GS is 11k, and the group I run with a majority of the time is 10k+ as we are 4/4 on CN. This boss shouldn't even be a problem, yet it's random if she heals or not. That's completely unacceptable for a supposed T2 8200 GS instance.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    every person posting 'we did it' isnt posting how

she heals whenever she feels like in phase 1. it has nothing to do with webs

so ok... since many people hate thinking (as it seems), i will tell you how we did it (there might be different approaches that work well)...

most players thoughts are: "hey the blademaster adds are a the real issue... they do so much damage and they heal" - no they are NOT. just stand in 1 (NOT 2!) dc circle and the dc just tanks them easy after getting aggro by healing (you don't need any other class to tank or do damage on them) - their damage comes from their charge, so as soon as they are in place don't put distance between you and them since now only 1 (dc) got aggro of them (they are always 4) and that would be devastating for him/her (if they die, they respawn and charge to get to you, but that is no problem (if not all charge one - what they don't do). fun fact: that's why singularity (away from the boss) isn't really a smart idea - they will be pulled together and then all charge together). regarding the healing aspect: yes, they heal the boss but only by a very, very small number which can be outdamaged (in comparison to what really heals her up). your real issue are the >> small orange spiders << that spawn here and there and are hard to notice if you are so **** scared by the blademasters. if you don't focus them down instantly they heal the final boss for a HUGE number. if you do so... it's getting easy!

so it's like the following: all focus the boss, (ALL 4) blademaster adds can be ignored (just do not hit them so that the cleric gets their attention as fast as possible), if a small spider spawns 1 or 2 (normally 1) player switches target and kills it asap, then back to boss dps, dps, dps - and yes she blinks... wait a moment and she comes back (sometimes or mostly not completly back, but close enough that all players can approach her (dc follows as soon as he is able to) and continue to do damage. fight takes a while since there is blademaster heal, but that can be "outdamaged" quite easily.

and since it's "temple of the spider" it's obviously very funny that a small little low hp SPIDER heals her master for that HUGE amount. nice that the developer put in blademasters as huge distraction and scare players like hell, so that they don't focus on the small (hey, they are so cute and don't do damage to us players spiders...).

if you figured out how her healing (spiders) works and the way blademasters do damage (charge) it's a fair fight... that's only 2 mechanics - can't even imagine what happens if they add a boss that takes even more thinking cause he got even more mechanics that aren't so **** obvious.

have fun killing her off now. and next time try THINKING.

edit: for further questions ~ Lyralei@Leorykx (blackout - dragon server)
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There was a good way to fix this, removing the teleport spell of the boss. That's how people suicided it. If they removed cliffs this dungeon is going to be really harder than it used to be.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    There was a good way to fix this, removing the teleport spell of the boss. That's how people suicided it. If they removed cliffs this dungeon is going to be really harder than it used to be.

i guess "more challenging" should fit. harder = fine. why do people only want easy fights with easy loot instead of achieving something?

but hey, pull all adds kick'em down and don't need to think why she heals etc. - that's the way to go... big SSB :D
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i guess "more challenging" should fit. harder = fine. why do people only want easy fights with easy loot instead of achieving something?

but hey, pull all adds kick'em down and don't need to think why she heals etc. - that's the way to go... big SSB :D

I didn't say challenges weren't fine, but you don't know cryptic, if enough players complain about the difficulty they will dumb it down drastically to a point you can't even imagine. Killing a boss will require to right-click for 5 mins, maybe escaping a red circle every 2-3 mins and then victory!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nah, i get you right - i don't talk about you. i talk about a majority (sadly). but blink remove and don't adding walls would make it way easier. so walls = best option (my opinion).
  • Options
    cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Spider boss is still very easy... have your CWs at the top of the steps have the boss at the bottom of one side of hte steps... have the CW push adds to the oposite side the boss is on.. She cant get Line of sight on the adds on the other side of the steps to heal from them
  • Options
    einzikeleinzikel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so ok... since many people hate thinking (as it seems), i will tell you how we did it (there might be different approaches that work well)...

most players thoughts are: "hey the blademaster adds are a the real issue... they do so much damage and they heal" - no they are NOT. just stand in 1 (NOT 2!) dc circle and the dc just tanks them easy after getting aggro by healing (you don't need any other class to tank or do damage on them) - their damage comes from their charge, so as soon as they are in place don't put distance between you and them since now only 1 (dc) got aggro of them (they are always 4) and that would be devastating for him/her (if they die, they respawn and charge to get to you, but that is no problem (if not all charge one - what they don't do). fun fact: that's why singularity (away from the boss) isn't really a smart idea - they will be pulled together and then all charge together). regarding the healing aspect: yes, they heal the boss but only by a very, very small number which can be outdamaged (in comparison to what really heals her up). your real issue are the >> small orange spiders << that spawn here and there and are hard to notice if you are so **** scared by the blademasters. if you don't focus them down instantly they heal the final boss for a HUGE number. if you do so... it's getting easy!

so it's like the following: all focus the boss, (ALL 4) blademaster adds can be ignored (just do not hit them so that the cleric gets their attention as fast as possible), if a small spider spawns 1 or 2 (normally 1) player switches target and kills it asap, then back to boss dps, dps, dps - and yes she blinks... wait a moment and she comes back (sometimes or mostly not completly back, but close enough that all players can approach her (dc follows as soon as he is able to) and continue to do damage. fight takes a while since there is blademaster heal, but that can be "outdamaged" quite easily.

and since it's "temple of the spider" it's obviously very funny that a small little low hp SPIDER heals her master for that HUGE amount. nice that the developer put in blademasters as huge distraction and scare players like hell, so that they don't focus on the small (hey, they are so cute and don't do damage to us players spiders...).

if you figured out how her healing (spiders) works and the way blademasters do damage (charge) it's a fair fight... that's only 2 mechanics - can't even imagine what happens if they add a boss that takes even more thinking cause he got even more mechanics that aren't so **** obvious.

have fun killing her off now. and next time try THINKING.

edit: for further questions ~ Lyralei@Leorykx (blackout - dragon server)

FRAPS or it didn't happen.
  • Options
    rezzernlrezzernl Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love how exploiters complain that they can't exploit anymore. xD