test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Uhhhh. Did they change temple of the spider?

kmartinternetkmartinternet Member Posts: 35
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I don't recall anything in the patch notes about changing the last boss completely.
The pit in the middle is filled, so you can't knock things down it.
There seems to be invisible walls, so you can't knock things down it.
The amount of blademasters that spawn are now around 4 a wave.
The blademasters are now doing obscene amount of damage, or is it the fact that FOUR OF THEM ARE SPAWNING NOW.
I really don't see how someone can do this boss without 2 clerics+tank or some other CC heavy compositions, seeing as the blade masters hit for so hard now.

Dev?
Post edited by kmartinternet on

Comments

• Options
    wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes they changed it and it was noted in the notes.
    That was one I missed with my first character so I will be looking forward to it with my second...btw what level is it?
  • Options
    zophie#5279 zophie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    heyrogers wrote: »
    Rothe Valley: Temple of the Spider
    • Players may no longer sneak past the final boss' gate in Temple of the Spider via clever use of collision.
    • Players may no longer lure the boss of Temple of the Spider into instant-kill areas.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?284231-Patch-Notes-NW-1-20130416a-33
  • Options
    kostafkostaf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    She was falling down the pit and the sides for free loot. that's why they filled it in.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wrenaq wrote: »
    Yes they changed it and it was noted in the notes.
    That was one I missed with my first character so I will be looking forward to it with my second...btw what level is it?
    Around level 57 non epic, and 60 epic.
    I do recall patch notes containing details about fixing an exploit dealing with the boss, but not changing the boss.

I'm quite aware of those patch notes, but there are no mention of changing her.
    Last I checked, when you did her legitimately, blade masters would spawn 1-2 at a time, and hit for less.
    That is not the case now.
  • Options
    thotorthotor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    She doesn't seem to be healing anymore, expect the blademasters are now doing obscene amount of damage, or is it the fact that FOUR OF THEM ARE SPAWNING NOW.
    She is still healing ...
    I don't see how you can prevent that now.
  • Options
    cujo669cujo669 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /Facepalm

Other thing worst than intentional exploiters is the ones that thought that's how the game should have been hehe
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    cujo669 wrote: »
    /Facepalm

Other thing worst than intentional exploiters is the ones that thought that's how the game should have been hehe
    I never pushed her down the pit. I did however push the adds down. Considering I don't see much of a way of defeating her if the adds hit incredibly hard and heal her.
    Overbuff much?
  • Options
    jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oh noooooooooooooooo!

whatever will we dooooooooooooo?
  • Options
    chonir01chonir01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Removing the possibility of her falling off to instant death was needed. Stopping the removal of her adds is silly. The reason people punted the adds was b/c they hit stupid hard (Charge from across the room, disable you with a root then pound your face) and they have tons of health you have to chew through. Of course while your chewing through the adds your doing minimal DPS to her and shes healing away.

Last time I did the fight it was myself (DC healing) 1 Rogue and 3 CW. Yes we killed her legit, although maby it was'ent legit since the CW and I knocked every add into that pit. If thats not intended at all, either lower the Health / Dmg on the adds or slow thier roll !! They spawn too fast for the health / Dmg they do if we cant remove them. Your basically telling people that 2 DC and ignore adds is the way to go. Personally I find 2 DC groups boring, would much rather see the tuning on this fight re-visited.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jmadfour wrote: »
    oh noooooooooooooooo!

whatever will we dooooooooooooo?
    We could reply with something useful and not something that shows others how handicapped we are.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    chonir01 wrote: »
    Removing the possibility of her falling off to instant death was needed. Stopping the removal of her adds is silly. The reason people punted the adds was b/c they hit stupid hard (Charge from across the room, disable you with a root then pound your face) and they have tons of health you have to chew through. Of course while your chewing through the adds your doing minimal DPS to her and shes healing away.

Last time I did the fight it was myself (DC healing) 1 Rogue and 3 CW. Yes we killed her legit, although maby it was'ent legit since the CW and I knocked every add into that pit. If thats not intended at all, either lower the Health / Dmg on the adds or slow thier roll !! They spawn too fast for the health / Dmg they do if we cant remove them. Your basically telling people that 2 DC and ignore adds is the way to go. Personally I find 2 DC groups boring, would much rather see the tuning on this fight re-visited.

I agree. I don't want to be forced into a composition due to the nature of the boss. Variety is the spice of life.
  • Options
    lcraw78lcraw78 Member Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    psuh the adds off the side not the center...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lcraw78 wrote: »

Walls are there now.
    Unless there's a sweet spot where you can.
  • Options
    jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We could reply with something useful and not something that shows others how handicapped we are.

was just translating your original post into the common tongue.

quit whining.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jmadfour wrote: »
    was just translating your original post into the common tongue.

quit whining.
    Keep posting, show to the world how handicapped you are.

If you had even an average IQ, you would understand that my post is nothing like that.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Invisible wall are all around the room now. (maybe it will be added to all dungeon next ? )
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Just think of it.
    The boss, as is, REQUIRES 2 healers and 3 dps, to just try to dps the boss down as fast as possible.
    No tank. You won't have the DPS for her, and you won't have the healers.
    In my eyes, an encounter is unbalanced if 1/5 classes are unable to do a boss.
  • Options
    lcraw78lcraw78 Member Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    just think of it now you need GWF and CW to aoe the adds down whille the GF and TR stay on boss woot!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Just think of it.
    The boss, as is, REQUIRES 2 healers and 3 dps, to just try to dps the boss down as fast as possible.
    No tank. You won't have the DPS for her, and you won't have the healers.
    In my eyes, an encounter is unbalanced if 1/5 classes are unable to do a boss.
    when you say 3 dps , you mean 3 rogue ? :D
    Cause with 2 rogue full time on boss, she will heal more than the damage you will do.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    just think of it now you need GWF and CW to aoe the adds down whille the GF and TR stay on boss woot!

Except I did it with that set up.
    We were, at least in my eyes, all decent players.
    Couldn't do it. If the GF is on the boss, we all die from the blade masters (as they now spawn as four). If hes on the adds, we still die since they randomly charge targets, and almost one shot them.
  • Options
    mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    OR you could bring a GWF along to AoE like ****ing crazy to get rid of the adds while the group focuses on the boss
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    thotor wrote: »
    when you say 3 dps , you mean 3 rogue ? :D
    Cause with 2 rogue full time on boss, she will heal more than the damage you will do.

That is even sadder.
    @mistriosu: These adds have A LOT of health points. They also do A LOT of damage. 1 gwf +cw wont kill the adds quick enough. They simply put out so much damage, that you aren't able to do it without double cleric. Also as thotor said, 3 rogues.
    2/5 classes are needed for this boss, apparently.
  • Options
    chonir01chonir01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This fix was just plain lazy.

Rather than code a leash on the boss that would only allow her to move in a given area of the arena (Ie not somewhere that she could fall off) they just threw up walls and filled in the pit.

I can only hope that this is a band-aid fix while they either re-tune the adds, or fix the bosses pathing before removing these new barriers. If thats the case I just wish they would communicate that to us. The frequency of add spawns, thier health and damage output, her self healing all combine to make the fight, IMO, over tuned. Changing any single part, or fixing her pathing and re-allowing the punt-to-win method is needed. Punt-to-win is not ideal, but at least its not limited to 1 class. Double AS is.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Rather than code a leash on the boss that would only allow her to move in a given area of the arena (Ie not somewhere that she could fall off) they just threw up walls and filled in the pit.

I can only hope that this is a band-aid fix while they either re-tune the adds, or fix the bosses pathing before removing these new barriers. If thats the case I just wish they would communicate that to us. The frequency of add spawns, thier health and damage output, her self healing all combine to make the fight, IMO, over tuned. Changing any single part, or fixing her pathing and re-allowing the punt-to-win method is needed. Punt-to-win is not ideal, but at least its not limited to 1 class. Double AS is.
    I agree. Thank you for your input.
  • Options
    covinus03covinus03 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Try her now, she's insanely hard, summons far too many adds to DPS down, teleports too often, and is still able to heal/detonate adds. We just tried her with a really solid group 2x TR, 1 GWF, 1 CW, 1 DC that breezed through the rest of the dungeon and couldn't get her past 75%.

Have I mentioned her adds are absurd? They were doing 16-18k hits and she summons 4 of them... often. Yea, I'm afraid this reeks of a lack of play testing, she needs to be toned way way back.

I can't agree more
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Shameless bump before I afk for a bit.
  • Options
    churchilligcchurchilligc Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mistriosu wrote: »
    OR you could bring a GWF along to AoE like ****ing crazy to get rid of the adds while the group focuses on the boss

Problem with that is GWF doesn't kill adds well, so

Edit: RE: Testing

We all know none of that happens, lol.
  • Options
    adenosine3padenosine3p Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm amazed at all the people who said you need super specific group comps or that the fight is now impossible. It's really not that hard. I did it with a random pug from the queue first thing when I logged on today. Yes, she healed a bunch of times in phase one, but once she turns into full drider mode she started going down pretty quick.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm amazed at all the people who said you need super specific group comps or that the fight is now impossible. It's really not that hard. I did it with a random pug from the queue first thing when I logged on today. Yes, she healed a bunch of times in phase one, but once she turns into full drider mode she started going down pretty quick.

Not saying it cant be done, just that its over tuned. I'm sure you did'ent look at the gear of your 4 pug mates. Get in a pug with 10K+ geared folks and yes it'll seem ok. I would ask you to queue for that dungeon in a full party of ~8200 geared folks and try again. You know the gear level required for the dungeon. I'm guessing you'd have a very different opinion about now.
  • Options
    covinus03covinus03 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I love when people make posts like this, "Yea I just did <insert random boss name here> with a group made up of some wet cardboard and a coma patient it was super easy, just used our awesome deeps to burn her her down. /Sniff nothing to it, not sure what all your problems are"

Except for the fact that you've glossed over the major crux of the boss (the adds) and how the hell you handled it when they spawned. I for one would like to know given that they hit extremely hard, have a good amount of HP and pop up pretty often.