• Options
    lsyalsya Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    Pls devs

It cant be hard to implement this fix.

Roll need on an item it binds on pickup

Roll greeed item its bind on equip.

Purple items sell value 1 copper. That way ninjas wont take to sell.

People who have the item equiped roll need all the time. You call them out about it and they say its for a friend blah blah blah.

I am sick of going on runs and people ninjaing. It happen 4 times today to me in groups.

The worst thing they think its funny.

If you want this to happen +1 it.

I like these ideas.

I would also like to see it made so that we can't pick up loot until after we are out of combat. It's irritating when there is only one or two of us still trying to take down the tougher mobs, and we start getting need/greed pop ups all over the place.

And yes, grouping with friends is a great idea but not always practical.
    L'sya Raiya
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How I suspect it will be after the patch is Blues and up you will not be able to Need unless the item is for your class (which means we will see a lot of hair pulling when it comes to class neutral items) You most likely won't even get a box to ask you need greed or pass if the item isn't for your class...it won't be perfect nothing is but it will be better than we have now.

And this will not mess up the economy, right now the AH is flooded with tier gear that few buy because of the increasing prices and the fact that the Dungeons are tuned so most folks have a shot of getting them.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    celtiumceltium Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If the item is not for your class, you can only roll greed. Done.
  • Options
    nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They're working on that...

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=896631
    Here’s a short list of some of the top things our team has been working on lately — things we hope to have updates on very soon:<snip>
    Party Loot issues (better allowing players to win the items they legitimately need)
  • Options
    swamprobswamprob Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Personally, I think the problem stems from people assuming that how other MMOs do it is the way all of them should.

If this game had BoP endgame loot, I never would've downloaded it. So, thumbs down to any suggestion to add more BoP loot.

My idea to end the drama is auto-allocation. Just have the game give it to someone. No roll boxes popping up in the middle of the fight, no drama because no one else even knows you got it. Find something better suited to a guild mate? You can give it to them if you want, cause it's BoE.

Faster play, and no drama.
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just Shift + 1 always !

can't beat them , join them .
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    swamprob wrote: »
    Personally, I think the problem stems from people assuming that how other MMOs do it is the way all of them should.

If this game had BoP endgame loot, I never would've downloaded it. So, thumbs down to any suggestion to add more BoP loot.

My idea to end the drama is auto-allocation. Just have the game give it to someone. No roll boxes popping up in the middle of the fight, no drama because no one else even knows you got it. Find something better suited to a guild mate? You can give it to them if you want, cause it's BoE.

Faster play, and no drama.

Quoted for the Truth!!!

NGP needs to just go away. So many people think they have the perfect fix to a problematic system. When the problem is the system. They just need to do it like STO and be done with it.
  • Options
    terminaloneterminalone Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> will be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. To avoid them you must play with people u trust. Not random trolls/asshats. You should be well aware going into a public party always runs a very high risk of ninja looters. When i do pub runs i dont count that just because an item of my class drops ill get it. Ill need on things i can use and greed on things i cant. If i notice someone ninjaing loot ill start needing on their class stuff to just to show them how it feels regardless wether they needed on an item for my class or not.

But yeah i agree the loot system was made to make PWE money. Gaming industry today realized theres more money to be made in games if they create systems that are easily manipulated. I.E. loot being bind on equip and the auction house being totally based on astral diamonds which can then be traded for real money. It wasnt a coincidence. It was intentionally and thats why communities in so many games now adays is so screwed up. Corporate <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> who only want money and care nothing about their player database and leave the dev's and the GM's to blame and deal with us. Dev's GM's care because its there job and some geniunely care but they can only do what their bosses allow them to do.
  • Options
    b0r7b0r7 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OP has social issues, selfishly belives in "honor" when the system already presents it as open format for anyone; loot goes to who ever wins the roll be it need or greed...winner gets it, its part of human nature. How hard is it to not understand? OP needs to make friends, because there is no contract with legal obligations that says everyone else has to follow this "honor" system...but in the current system it is easier with friends...which goes to the first thing mentioned...OP has social issues.

On the other hand, a non-loot specific system would be better where everyone gets the same amount of tokens. Like those drake or unicorn tokens that drop...get X amount, turn in for crappy bag to bounty hunter, bag drops crappy green item that is red cause its the wrong class and its unidentified, identify the item, then put on AH with the bounty hunter laughing behind your back knowing no one is going to buy it. Done deal, works as everyone gets something without the stress and the greedy "But I can use it! Its ONLY MINE! I LICKED IT FIRST!" attitude the likes the OP complains about.
  • Options
    blindsyn1blindsyn1 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    b0r7 wrote: »
    OP has social issues, selfishly belives in "honor" when the system already presents it as open format for anyone; loot goes to who ever wins the roll be it need or greed...winner gets it, its part of human nature. How hard is it to not understand? OP needs to make friends, because there is no contract with legal obligations that says everyone else has to follow this "honor" system...but in the current system it is easier with friends...which goes to the first thing mentioned...OP has social issues.

On the other hand, a non-loot specific system would be better where everyone gets the same amount of tokens. Like those drake or unicorn tokens that drop...get X amount, turn in for crappy bag to bounty hunter, bag drops crappy green item that is red cause its the wrong class and its unidentified, identify the item, then put on AH with the bounty hunter laughing behind your back knowing no one is going to buy it. Done deal, works as everyone gets something without the stress and the greedy "But I can use it! Its ONLY MINE! I LICKED IT FIRST!" attitude the likes the OP complains about.

You said one of the most <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> thing i ever read and the Op is the one that have "issues"?
    really? believing in VALUES and COMON SENSE is selfish and classified as having issues?
    And stealing, being ignorant and rude, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, imoral, no values whatsoever is normal?

Im really getting old...
  • Options
    jarlax1jarlax1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    Pls devs

It cant be hard to implement this fix.

Roll need on an item it binds on pickup

Roll greeed item its bind on equip.

Purple items sell value 1 copper. That way ninjas wont take to sell.

People who have the item equiped roll need all the time. You call them out about it and they say its for a friend blah blah blah.

I am sick of going on runs and people ninjaing. It happen 4 times today to me in groups.

The worst thing they think its funny.

If you want this to happen +1 it.

I agree and it can be fixed with a little code like this.

If(ItemClassRequirement=CurrentClass) {
    AllowNeedButton()
    AllowGreedButton()

}else{
    AllowGreedButton()
    }
  • Options
    xoy709xoy709 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, when people get really rude when you roll for something that is genuinely for a friend and they <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you off for threatening instead of asking it nicely. serves them right for not getting back the item :)

random loot for all class is the best. no issues with whatsoever.
  • Options
    cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    when I see someone "need" item (in my party) that is not for their class while there are players with proper class for that item they get a warning, another "need" for such item by same player and he's gone.
    But OP has a point, there should be priority for classes that can use item while rest could use only greed or pass
    +this:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?295592-Loot-system-is-changing-soon
  • Options
    clanrakkaclanrakka Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here's how I've handled it for years playing MMOs..

I roll a true "old school" need before greed. If ONE person in a group decides to roll need on a crafting material or something their class can;t use, then I proceed to roll need on everything as well and tell everyone in group chat to do the same.

If I end up getting something that someone besides the greedy bastar# wants, I give it to them after the run.
  • Options
    primerib41primerib41 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    Anyone who's played WoW knows this system won't work. Because it still requires the ninja to do the right thing. Stupid people or trolls will roll need regardless...and now you're made it so they can't even trade it to the right person if they wanted to.

Having need before greed as the default seems like the fastest fix.

But NGP is just stupid and shouldn't be there at all. Loot rolls are just annoying on the screen anyway. Maybe it like gw2 or random.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think they can set it up so that need and greed determines if it is bind on pickup or bind on equip. That would require 2 different versions of the item and there will always be items that are missed so some need items will be bind on equip.
  • Options
    mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Why not run the game with friends or guild mates? Or build your own groups so that you are the leader.

Well seeing as in that circumstance you are playing only as often as the person that wants to play the least, or in forming groups you can have fun rping an *** ****. Also most people might doubt your good intentions when you take control of loot distribution.
    I agree that the need/greed system is problematic, but on the other hand, it does benefit the game's economy and I don't necessarily mind being able to gear up an alt through the AH. But yes, it does cause community issues.

I usually don't mind things that benefit me at other people's expense either.
  • Options
    mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eqballzz wrote: »
    This game is primarily about separating you from your money..not class balance or loot fairness. Every aspect of this game is just a bottleneck to another zen purchase.

If this were slashdot I would mod this insightful.
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Because no one Greeds on anything in any game. If people want something, for an alt or to sell or to just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> people off they will need.

First doesn't work if it goes BoP on need, second is again, irrelevant, third is griefing and will get you banned.
  • Options
    nightfer01nightfer01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I commented this a few pages back, but I cant stand the stupidity of some people here. BoP is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. You cant sell the item need it or not. BoE is the right way to do. Even if its for your class, you can always sell the item need it or not. Class based items are class based items. That doesnt automatically mean you get them when they drop. The so called "ninjas" are just people with more luck than you. DEAL WITH IT!

I personally pass on every uncommon item if its not a runestone. On runestones or enchants I NEED - everyone need runestones and enchants right? But whatever. The stupidity of the person who opened this thread is beyond 9000. Rage kids who want to get mega--hyper-extreme-end-game gear for a day and then most likely leave the game and uninstall is too **** high.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nightfer01 wrote: »
    I commented this a few pages back, but I cant stand the stupidity of some people here. BoP is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. You cant sell the item need it or not. BoE is the right way to do. Even if its for your class, you can always sell the item need it or not. Class based items are class based items. That doesnt automatically mean you get them when they drop. The so called "ninjas" are just people with more luck than you. DEAL WITH IT!

I personally pass on every uncommon item if its not a runestone. On runestones or enchants I NEED - everyone need runestones and enchants right? But whatever. The stupidity of the person who opened this thread is beyond 9000. Rage kids who want to get mega--hyper-extreme-end-game gear for a day and then most likely leave the game and uninstall is too **** high.

I see your point but surely "Bind on Equip" with this changing to "Bind on Pickup" if you win on a need roll would be the best of both worlds?
  • Options
    chintaechintae Member Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    OK, I am sick of people calling people who run groups and NEED on items that drop a 'NINJA" looter. They are not.

They legitimately did as MUCH work as you to succeed in the dungeon. They have as MUCH right as YOU to roll NEED on the item, even if they don't/won't use it and will just sell it.

A NINJA looter goes back to the EQ days when corpses would hang around for 30 minutes and after the first 7 mins would open up to ANYONE to loot. This was especially bad because people would follow raids and if the leader didn't keep the corpse locked, or unlocked it long enough for the winner to take his loot, someone could interject, loot the items on the boss and log out of the zone.

He was not a participant in the raid and did not help down the mob in question and NINJA'd the item for his own. That is a NINJA.

What these people are doing is a ******y move, but they aren't NINJA"s they are still helping and working AS HARD AS ANYONE ELSE ON THE TEAM to achieve the END result and as such, (it's not common courtesy) they still have a RIGHT to roll NEED on the items in question.
  • Options
    teepussiteepussi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like the idea OP is proposing, this added with fact you would get replacement players for leavers, DC'd (with some safety time) or kicked griefers and the PUG would be one step better. Ofc we would also need to get rid of 1 player is leader, as you would still have risk of person just kicking everyone at last boss or whatever part and looting alone in order to get that "greed" BoE. Overall why not try to chance the meta, its not like current meta is set in stone and couldnt be improved.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    I agree this is an elegant solution. If you need on an item, it changes it to BoP....since you actually need it.

I wonder how hard it would be to program something like that.
    Its really simple but NOONE benefits from it. I NEED the item to sell it and with those AD to buy even better item or enchant. Prove it wrong!
  • Options
    teepussiteepussi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I doubt the idea was to make materials BoP, if so that would be problematic area. Aside of that how would it hurt anything or anyone? Cause aside of really needing item and not. Greed would still let your obvious high dice rolls win. Not to mention any organised group could just greed pretty much all and decide what to sell or not to sell. Business as usual. Only ones this would hurt are those that roll need for their alts or to sell stuff over someone on the run who would actually use the item as upgrade, sidegrade whatever. Not like he could later change his mind and sell it either, sounds quite fair deal to me.
  • Options
    arrowmaticarrowmatic Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chintae wrote: »
    OK, I am sick of people calling people who run groups and NEED on items that drop a 'NINJA" looter. They are not.

They legitimately did as MUCH work as you to succeed in the dungeon. They have as MUCH right as YOU to roll NEED on the item, even if they don't/won't use it and will just sell it.

I'm sorry but that's just plain wrong thinking. What you're describing is greed by definition: "I want it because I can profit from its sale and it doesn't matter that I can't actually use it."

There are three buttons for a reason. If it was true that everyone has a legit claim to a piece of Cleric gear (for example) then there would only be Roll/Pass. Surely that's obvious?

Unfortunately the current implementation of the system is just as wrong as your philosophy on the matter and therefore it supports you more than it supports common sense. It's broken beyond my ability to understand how anyone could have signed off on it. It's not a bug and it's not a "beta" thing. It's just wrong.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Its really simple but NOONE benefits from it. I NEED the item to sell it and with those AD to buy even better item or enchant. Prove it wrong!

Ok, if thats your argument you should try solo 60 content, as you clearly have your prioritys a bit messed. Or maybe find other 4 people that serve you as their master.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    teepussi wrote: »
    Ok, if thats your argument you should try solo 60 content, as you clearly have your prioritys a bit messed. Or maybe find other 4 people that serve you as their master.
    I would love to try and solo 60 content it will be a good challange.I have a guild to go in runs with and we all know what to do when needed, greed or need it all benefits the guild right?

How do you wear a crafting item or a runestone? everyone roll need on them right? You cant judge people by their needs, thats why its BoE not BoP. Its all about perspective. I need it to sell it and buy better items, you need it to wear it and get stronger, somoene else need it to sell it to the vendor. Why judging people by their needs? Isnt that discrimination???