Install Arc
Options

Please Read if you are Stuck/Frozen at the Loading Screen

Comments

• Options
    xandurxandur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    darksx wrote: »
    And what amazing job might that be? You mean the one where the patches keep breaking things? or how much of the basic game is not working correctly or the Heroic instances are still messed up? or how the Cleric pulls 10 times more agro then the Tank does? you mean that amazing job? and like the one we are now experiencing where you cant get past the load screen? that amazing job?

Beta............ If you have ever worked with code before, you will understand how hundreds of thousands of lines of code working together can be extremely tricky.. As they code, they learn, they fix things, yet others break, but then they learn more, and fix again. I agree with captgrizz, they are doing a good job and there used to be thousands more bugs and problems with the game. There are things that each specific player will feel needs more attention than others think needs more attention, so it is up to Cryptic to decide which is the most important, and currently as far as I can tell, they are trying to keep the game as stable as possible, then they will move on to other things, like what you have mentioned. Give it time, if you're not satisfied there is plenty of other games. These problems are a given in Beta.
  • Options
    darksxdarksx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Except, this really isn't a beta anymore, its completely open and they are selling items for real money. that pretty much makes this a live game. so make more excuses why don't ya!!
  • Options
    shillokshillok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agree, once you start asking the public for real cash the game is a live release.
    Open Beta + Cash from general public = Live game.

When MWO went Open Beta for the first 2 months only players that payed for a founders pack could play. It was not available to general public to play only those that got one of the founder packs. You where told that the Open Beta would be reset before it went Release/Live - Open Beta. You get back all your pack stuff but lose any progress as they where still testing.

Now that is a Open Beta as it had a Full wipe an the end of testing and only Founders had access not general public.
  • Options
    baldahiirbaldahiir Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am a come person, and rarely I am mad. But you have manage to make me mad.

I believed I found a solution for the problem, but it keep coming in random, especially after PvP matches.

I am stuck most of the time, and you haven't come with any solution yet, and the bug has been there for a long time now. I am on the edge to give up this game now.

You have to evaluate the palyers/customers time and effort before you release a patch, it seems like you use us all as bug finders in a to high degree. You will lose customers satisfaction if you continue to do so. I aprisiate that you tell that there is a bug and try find it all the time, and the effort you put down in the coding, but you need to learn more about preventive bug work.

Hope this will be better fast.
  • Options
    samuraikingssamuraikings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am going to nip the beta **** right here. If this is beta and you were testing the shop, then refund EVERYONE their real life money from the cash shop, and while you are at it, for all this trouble offer everyone a founder's pack refund. Then I will believe this was truly a beta.

We can argue semantics about definitions or technicalities all day, but they are profiting off of this. They do not need revenue right now, they are published by PWE, the biggest F2P MMORPG publisher in the world. This is not a kickstarter. They are abusing the formats of actual indie developers with this **** to make even more money.

This game is live, it is broken and it costs money if you want to get a lot of things done. Fix it or the majority of current players will leave. A lot of people waiting for full launch will not even try it right now because of all the broken and terrible practices right now.

The only thing this game has going for it right now is the combat, and the combat is ****ing delicious. The potential for players with this game is very, very high, but it will never reach one quarter of the potential playerbase at this rate. It will be another piece of mmorpg shovelware for PWE's books unless Cryptic fixes the game. Most of their mmorpgs sit at ~100k subscribers, that is not good.

Pull your coders off Gauntlgrym and stop insulting us with new cash shop production. Put all of your available teams on gameplay mechanics and login mechanics. We need to work on queue systems, dungeon balance, threat, abilities and character changing(log out/in) functions ALL before we shovel more trash into cash shop and start on NEW content(probably also going to launch as broken).
    Foundry Name: "Wolframs Last Stand" (@Holythirst)
    Foundry Map: Blacklake District
    Type: Campaign, Story, Dungeon - 5 bosses, 1-2 players
    Current State: Version 2.2 is up. Full release. Try it with code below.

Short Code: NW-DU2BES2WA
  • Options
    magicclapmagicclap Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just got paid today and was logging in to poke around in the Z-Store when, lo and behold, an unending loading screen reared it's ugly head. Looks like those dollars, once destined for the Z-Store, will now most likely find their way to a G-String.
  • Options
    jaidentjaident Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Running in safe mode is not fixing the problem for me, just throwing that in.
    Join responsible gamers and boycott the Xbox One
  • Options
    sweetheartachesweetheartache Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I get loading screen too. But pressing a mouse button instead of a key works too
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    darksx wrote: »
    Except, this really isn't a beta anymore, its completely open and they are selling items for real money. that pretty much makes this a live game. so make more excuses why don't ya!!

all zen purchased during the beta will be returned during the launch. your purchase of a founder's pack granted you some pretty nice in-game aids to push your characters to success. fact is, it's still a beta.
  • Options
    peachsharcpeachsharc Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    all zen purchased during the beta will be returned during the launch. your purchase of a founder's pack granted you some pretty nice in-game aids to push your characters to success. fact is, it's still a beta.

Path of Exile is still beta. It also happens to have an incredibly small player base now.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    There is nothing anywhere, no definitions, no laws, no nothing that says that a company providing services/entertainment/whatever that they deem as beta means they cannot sell and make money. It is your choice to play this game, and your choice to pay money for zen market items. The beta tag simply means that the game has bugs, nothing else. Whether its open beta, closed beta, or a fully open beta as this game is where anyone can play as if it was a full release, the beta tag can still be thrown on. It is the developers way of saying "Beware, many bugs exist!" By no means does the "beta" tag mean they cannot charge. Before launching the open beta, they said that they will do no wipes. If they said that there may be wipes, then even though you've purchased things in the Zen store, they could still wipe all the data and refund absolutely nothing to its players, and could do so without any legal issues. Why? Because its beta, and because you were forewarned.
  • Options
    july1300july1300 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013

lmao u dont get any refunds lol. whats done is done now. this loading issue is for the **** birds looks like i wont be praying again and getting ripped off again this week. think ill try again in a few months. :mad:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    here's the temporary fix that worked for me:

- ran the launcher. clicked on options. put a tick in the 'fast launch' checkbox. that eliminates the need to click play after it does its patch check. then i logged in.
    - at the character page, click on option. go to the video tab and scroll down to the performance section. under max shader quality, i changed from very high to high. you may change this to a lower setting and it may work better for you. someone else tried this setting and just set it to low. i wanted to test to see how high i could get it and high worked for me.

now if my character is in protector's enclave, it is possible that there will be an extra delay in the game loading. it will get to the load page and load 100% and may sit there for a few seconds more. i may need to alt-tab from and to the game as well as pressing enter or clicking on the screen once i'm back to the loading screen.

i'm not bitter that this is an open beta and stuff like this happens. as a founder, i understand this... i love that the game developers opened up the beta to the public. and i'm glad that i could contribute monetarily.

i'd be very different if they called this a production level launch and then had the number of glitches that exist... some game mechanics, some locations are buggy. let them work these things out. they're not trying to screw anyone over. they love this game probably ten thousand times more than you do... this is their creation! it's their baby. and they have a reason to be proud of it... it's awesome!

if you, as a founder, do not agree with this. i'm sorry that you've wasted your time.

** EDIT ** until this issue is resolved, i would try to quit your game inside a location within protector's enclave like the PvP shop or the grand emporium. OR quitting your game in another location besides protector's enclave seems to work, too.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    july1300 wrote: »
    lmao u dont get any refunds lol. whats done is done now. this loading issue is for the **** birds looks like i wont be praying again and getting ripped off again this week. think ill try again in a few months. :mad:

i didn't say refund. i said you would get all of your in-game zen back in neverwinter. here's the link:

FAQ: Zen in Neverwinter Beta?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    july1300 wrote: »

Perhaps you should use the solution provided in the first post and stop being stupid.
  • Options
    nezroy123nezroy123 Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i didn't say refund. i said you would get all of your in-game zen back in neverwinter. here's the link:

FAQ: Zen in Neverwinter Beta?

That was for the beta weekends. That is NOT for "open beta". Open beta is launch. You will not be getting Zen back. This is it.
    Quests: Fate of the Bonnie Kate (NW-DE6K6H63Q)
  • Options
    samuraikingssamuraikings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nezroy123 wrote: »
    That was for the beta weekends. That is NOT for "open beta". Open beta is launch. You will not be getting Zen back. This is it.

I'd also like to point out that "getting all your zen back" is not "getting all of your money back" even if this was true for open beta, which as you pointed out, was for closed betas only.

I am not about to sit here and argue semantics with everyone over betas and launches. This is a launch, more than 75% of the people playing agree and know it is, the "beta tag" is just a safety net. It's like a shield, essentially the game equivalent of "hater". "Yall are just haters, my ****ty music/invention/show is great, anyone who doesn't like it is a hater!". We do not accept this **** as a shield. You launched an imperfect game, even though it was disguised as a beta, and it is showing. Horribly.
    Foundry Name: "Wolframs Last Stand" (@Holythirst)
    Foundry Map: Blacklake District
    Type: Campaign, Story, Dungeon - 5 bosses, 1-2 players
    Current State: Version 2.2 is up. Full release. Try it with code below.

Short Code: NW-DU2BES2WA
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'd also like to point out that "getting all your zen back" is not "getting all of your money back" even if this was true for open beta, which as you pointed out, was for closed betas only.

I am not about to sit here and argue semantics with everyone over betas and launches. This is a launch, more than 75% of the people playing agree and know it is, the "beta tag" is just a safety net. It's like a shield, essentially the game equivalent of "hater". "Yall are just haters, my ****ty music/invention/show is great, anyone who doesn't like it is a hater!". We do not accept this **** as a shield. You launched an imperfect game, even though it was disguised as a beta, and it is showing. Horribly.

It is more than just a tag, it is the developers way of saying that they are still in need of testing certain things, and fixing certain bugs. It is at the developers discretion to keep or remove the beta tag, not the players. Even if 100% of the players believed that the game was in full launch, it is still up to the developers to decide that for sure, not the players, not any specific individual, but the developers.

It doesnt matter what anyone things, beta is a testing phase, period.. There is bugs, period. You know this, so expect them. Period.

EDIT: And yes, some companies can use beta as a shield but only as a way to give you a reason that you lost something and cannot get it back. That kind of a thing. All anyone needs to know is that if you play a game, or use software that is beta, the sole meaning is that its in a testing phase, and will have bugs. More bugs than a full release. Developers will not remove the Beta tag until they are confident that the majority of bugs is fixed, and the only thing remaining is minor bugs that do not affect stability (usually just stability).
  • Options
    notmuchleftnotmuchleft Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oooh, so much hate! Note to self: never get in between a gamer and their money! :D
    Only two things in this life are infinite. The universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former. ~ Albert Einstein
  • Options
    redwaterxredwaterx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I just watched V for Vendetta and two episodes of Misfit's first season, and I'm still stuck at the loading screen. Do you guys wanna get around to fixing this or are you just content to sit on your fat asses while we ignore the **** out of your game? Because this **** is dumb.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    redwaterx wrote: »
    I just watched V for Vendetta and two episodes of Misfit's first season, and I'm still stuck at the loading screen. Do you guys wanna get around to fixing this or are you just content to sit on your fat asses while we ignore the **** out of your game? Because this **** is dumb.

While you were wasting your time, you failed to read the fix that is in the first post. Stop being insolent when you are at fault.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?294432-Loading-Screen-Stuck-Solution
  • Options
    nezroy123nezroy123 Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    peachsharc wrote: »
    While you were wasting your time, you failed to read the fix that is in the first post. Stop being insolent when you are at fault.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?294432-Loading-Screen-Stuck-Solution

The fix doesn't work. At least not for everyone. Certainly not for me. Shocker, I know.
    Quests: Fate of the Bonnie Kate (NW-DE6K6H63Q)
  • Options
    sindofinsindofin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still happens each time I try to log on a character in the Protector's Enclave. None of the workarounds seem to do anything for me.
  • Options
    gadzewksgadzewks Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The "Fix" doesnt work for me. Doesnt seem to have ANYTHING to do with video settings, as I can log into Prot Enclave with 1 of my characters, but not the other 2. (same video settings on all 3 characters).
  • Options
    draelin1978draelin1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    attached my CPU-Z info if it will help fix this problem.
  • Options
    laudimuslaudimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    Interestingly, I used to be able to overcome the stuck at loading screen by waiting a few minutes until the message changed to press any key. At the moment, I can wait 30 min+ and it never get to the Press any key message. This is for my level 60 GF in Protector's Enclave. However, my level 21 DC, level 13 CW, and level 7 TR all load into Protector's Enclave just fine with no delay at the loading screen.
  • Options
    tokkiratokkira Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This bug got me too. I'll try the fix recommended and see how it goes.
  • Options
    zanthe25zanthe25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What i do to fix the issue is set the graphic slider to minimum, start the game, once in game re-set it back to maximum, i tend to have no issues once in game, tho some say issue there if you pvp tho i not sure
  • Options
    noxik85noxik85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it's getting annoying, fix it soon
  • Options
    rhaistrhaist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue for me - couldn't login and "pressing a key" didn't work. Thankfully 'safe-mode' did work.