test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Castle Never - Where no GWF or GF has ventured before!

ioannides5ioannides5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So...Wondering if there's any GWFs or GFs out there who have actually been steadily able to get into a castle never group. So far, TODAY ALONE, I (playing an 11k gs GWF), have been turned down from 5 different CN groups, and have failed on 3 different attempts of making my own, due to people leaving. Both scenarios, simply because I was playing a GWF. Yup, not because of any skill level determinants, gear score, or anything of the such, simply because my class is "useless" to bring along (and my guess is guardian fighters are too). I understand stability and exploits are a top priority and all.. but seriously.. can we get some god **** class fixes going on here?

This is getting SEVERELY irritating, that there has been a "meta" established regarding dungeon groups (being either 2DC/2TR/1CW or 2DC/2CW/1TR), and the 2 of the classes in the game aren't even used. You may as well just add an extra requirement to queuing for castle never: "only available for rogues, wizards, and clerics!", because we all know, those are the only 3 classes who get to enjoy end game content. Hell, as a GWF, I don't even get the ****ing opportunity to partake in end game content, strictly due to the **** class I'm playing.
Post edited by ioannides5 on

Comments

• saucyshortcakesaucyshortcake Member Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    yes, i've done it twice on GWF. group of guildies of course though. no pug is gonna want you. did more damage than both wizards up until the last boss and less than the rogue, although my gear is terrible. but 2 wizards are almost a requirement and the rogue does more damage than gwf. so why bring one? i felt like i was just bringing the group down being there, since their usual group has 2 rogues instead of me.
  • ioannides5ioannides5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes, i've done it twice on GWF. group of guildies of course though. no pug is gonna want you. did more damage than both wizards up until the last boss and less than the rogue, although my gear is terrible. but 2 wizards are almost a requirement and the rogue does more damage than gwf. so why bring one? i felt like i was just bringing the group down being there, since their usual group has 2 rogues instead of me.

Thank you for proving my point.
  • kaladin32kaladin32 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My friend is a GWF and he's been asked plenty of times to do CN with groups. Primarily from people he's grouped with previously. He does very well in runs.
  • peachsharcpeachsharc Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    Most GWF's don't have an optimized build or have enough invested into their gear to enable them to compete. I have personally (as a cleric) invited a GWF to come to CN (knowing that he is both well versed in his class and geared). Sadly it was around 3 AM and we had to pug a second cleric, and that cleric really didn't want to come because we had a GWF in our group. We finally convinced him to come after explaining that we were all 12k + cat and weren't idiots.... When we killed the boss he added everyone and asked the GWF to help his friend because he was so good.

I have also witnessed GFs do just as much damage. GWFs and GFs struggling to compete in damage are either not geared or not aware of the best way to play/spec their class. Even at their best though, an equally geared and versed rogue should be doubling their damage in the current state of the game, while most wizards cannot beat an equally geared/competent GF/GWF.
  • ideagorasideagoras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    I've done it with a group with 1 of every class. It was fine.
  • admanteadmante Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a DPS GF, I can beat many CW's in damage. The problem is, CW's are necessary in order to not wipe while we are not.
  • w3est0fn0w3r3w3est0fn0w3r3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    peachsharc wrote: »
    I have also witnessed GFs do just as much damage. GWFs and GFs struggling to compete in damage are either not geared or not aware of the best way to play/spec their class. Even at their best though, an equally geared and versed rogue should be doubling their damage in the current state of the game, while most wizards cannot beat an equally geared/competent GF/GWF.

QFT

I'm a CW and I run with a very knowledgeable GFW, and in the past run with some very good GF. The 2 TR or 2 DC or 2 CW is just an easy mode for some people, the place is doable with other classes the issue is people are lazy
  • peachsharcpeachsharc Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    QFT

I'm a CW and I run with a very knowledgeable GFW, and in the past run with some very good GF. The 2 TR or 2 DC or 2 CW is just an easy mode for some people, the place is doable with other classes the issue is people are lazy

It can also be done with 1 DC + any 4 dps (assuming 1 is a wizard of course). I have personally witnessed one CW handle all of the adds but it is rare that you can find a CW able to do so by themselves.
  • ioannides5ioannides5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you guys are missing the point. The game should NOT be optimized to stacking a class, and leaving out 2 of the 5 classes to be useless. Can it be done taking a GWF or a GF? Yes, it can. Do people do it? Absolutely not, except very rare occasions. As a GWF, I shouldn't be neglected to do castle-never just because of my class... that is TERRIBLE game design. Hell, last night, in a matter of 3 minutes, I saw 5 different people posting LFGs for T2s, and all of them clearly said "no gwfs or GFs!". Seriously? It's getting ridiculous.

How do you fix this? Either 2 options: 1) make the game harder by nerfing (making astral shield not stack, adding DR to CC's so bringing 2 CWs isn't a golden rule of thumb, nerfing TR's incredible easy stupid damage), or make the game a tad easier (well, really just buffing GFs and GWFs, whether it be their damage, or more utility to make them more liked in parties).
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    1. Decrease agro from DC.
    2. Increase agro from GF.
    3. Increase GF mitigation.
    4. Increase Mob damage so they hit GFs about as hard as they do now.
    5. No more double DC groups.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • rethophisrethophis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 71
    edited May 2013
    peachsharc wrote: »
    Most GWF's don't have an optimized build or have enough invested into their gear to enable them to compete. I have personally (as a cleric) invited a GWF to come to CN (knowing that he is both well versed in his class and geared). Sadly it was around 3 AM and we had to pug a second cleric, and that cleric really didn't want to come because we had a GWF in our group. We finally convinced him to come after explaining that we were all 12k + cat and weren't idiots.... When we killed the boss he added everyone and asked the GWF to help his friend because he was so good.

Depends on the wizard spec.
    Known as Zerkul on DDO forums I]Ryumajin, Zavarthak, Leohands of Cannith[/I, look for me on YouTube.
  • churchilligcchurchilligc Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Have done it, did well, still felt like I would be better off on a TR or CW. (As a GWF)

CW can do it by themselves if they are geared properly and the DC's aren't bad. It's mostly an issue of "dps" CW's vs CC CW's. A CC CW will actually parse pretty close to a TR and definitely ahead of a GWF or GF. It's pretty rare to find a good one though.
  • demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ioannides5 wrote: »
    you guys are missing the point. The game should NOT be optimized to stacking a class, and leaving out 2 of the 5 classes to be useless. Can it be done taking a GWF or a GF? Yes, it can. Do people do it? Absolutely not, except very rare occasions. As a GWF, I shouldn't be neglected to do castle-never just because of my class... that is TERRIBLE game design. Hell, last night, in a matter of 3 minutes, I saw 5 different people posting LFGs for T2s, and all of them clearly said "no gwfs or GFs!". Seriously? It's getting ridiculous.

How do you fix this? Either 2 options: 1) make the game harder by nerfing (making astral shield not stack, adding DR to CC's so bringing 2 CWs isn't a golden rule of thumb, nerfing TR's incredible easy stupid damage), or make the game a tad easier (well, really just buffing GFs and GWFs, whether it be their damage, or more utility to make them more liked in parties).

We get the point quite well, but the community has a bad opinion of GWF and GF which is unjustified, Not all GWF and GF suck at playing their class, GFW are not Broken our guild GWF's do just fine same with GF's, but I have seen pug gf's compain about tanking to the point just just dps and forget about control, just ask some of them what they bring to the team and they will say DPS!

Why would I bring a DPS GF over a CW or TR which do more and bring more to the team, now if your full tank you have a use or a defense reducing GWF then you have a place. Find your niche you have one it just may not be what you thought it was.

When I'm building a Never team I look at what a class brings to the team, A good GF brings control, survivability and buffs, making the group stronger, a Good GWF brings Defense reduction, off tank and DPS.

GF and GWF are not broken but the community thinks they are, oh and before you say I have no Idea what I'm talking about. 12k GF, 11k CW, 10k DC and I have cleared never and all t2's without exploiting on all my character's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oceanic Neverwinter guild http://19thbattalion.com/home
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • klipstaklipsta Member Posts: 99
    edited May 2013
    Oh gosh this thread makes me smile and remember my summer vacations as a teenager. Raging agasint blizzard to fix X and Y... I'm so glad this is still occurring 8 years later in a new game to a new developer.

OP: You haven't got a clue how pointless this thread is. They don't care. They have their own timetable for fixing issues and making your class "viable" as you put it doesn't seem like it's one of them. In the end, the only thing I can say to you that matters is what I've said to countless other scrubs in the past: Learn2Play.
  • preludeiipreludeii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ioannides5 wrote: »

Class stacking happens in all games.

I am a DC and I think double shield is too strong, but I think it needs to nerfed more intelligently than just making it not stack. I can solo heal any instance with a CW that is good, but that always isn't the case and the two clerics are somewhat of a necessity. Without the stacking shield I'd probably be dead all the time and at present I am stacking defensive gear on my non-tier pieces just incase I get a bad group. Making astral shield would make it so you would never want to run two Clerics. And I don't think that its a good thing to lock out one class out of a group when you can potentially have two of any other class.
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    preludeii wrote: »
    Class stacking happens in all games.

Really? Never in any mmo's that I Played. Well since vanilla Everquest. It is almost always detrimental to have 2 of the same class, in every other mmo that I can remember.
  • preludeiipreludeii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm positive it does, some classes are just better for certain fights than others.
  • demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    Really? Never in any mmo's that I Played. Well since vanilla Everquest. It is almost always detrimental to have 2 of the same class, in every other mmo that I can remember.

WOW - 5 man paladin groups
    EQ - Monk groups
    Warhammer - x2 Bright wizard
    Final fantasy online - Ninja group's

Do I need to continue? Class stacking is normal welcome to mmo's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • klipstaklipsta Member Posts: 99
    edited May 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »

Pretty sure I could 5 man anything with 5 druids in WoW
  • gunbahahagunbahaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 139
    edited May 2013
    Honestly if you're having trouble remaining competitive as a GF/GWF as far as damage goes you're probably an idiot.

Not much you can do about other players assuming that GF/GWF are useless though I guess.
  • chonir01chonir01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I started on a GF. Love the class. Had no issues in T1's and T2's initially. (I level'd fast so there were not alot of people running T2's initially)

After about a week or so though the 2DC stuff started and from then trying to get a T2 run on a GF is just plain irritating. Meh.

I rolled a DC. My DC is now 11K GS and I have no issues getting groups. I still hate the 2xDC <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and would much rather solo heal T2's, but if I join a group and its 2DC I dont bail. I do still run my GF in T2's, now that my friends have caught up in levels we run a GF DC CW CW then either Rogue or GWF (Depends who's on) group and do fine, I just dont bother wasting my time looking for T2 PuGs on my GF.

Join the darkside .. roll a DC and /laugh.
  • argonacargonac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The crux of the issue is in perception. It appears that GF and GWF are harder to master, therefore if you are recruiting a pug one, with time you will start to assume they are terrible. And why would anyone bring a terrible class when you could bring a good class.

The answer to this issue is refining the roles of each class better so that clerics don't step on GF's tanking toes with shield stacking nonsense, and diversifying wizards and GWF:s somehow. I don't know how.

One thing they could have done is have all the mob pulls be on one class and all the pushbacks on another. That way you would have a strong inter-personal synergy. Right now though, the wizard does all that on his own which is sort of boring.

I believe a big part of the GWF trouble is that when you have a melee and a ranged class who do the same thing, guess which one will be better at it.
  • itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    How would u all think about giving GWF skills a 20% prone chance?...
    It seems normal that dishing out with a 2h could have this result cuse of the force implemented, also on unstopable deu to the rapid attacks it would become 50%, also there is no attack speed in this game so it could not be manipulated other then unstopable...?
    This would give a great team advantage the CW does not have...who doesnt like a aoe machine that prones enemy's interupting there action for 1 sec?...
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
    edited May 2013
    um.... how about no, imagine pvp.... or then stacking GWF's in party's you would have the opposite problem that what we have now all spam will be LFM GFWx2 CNever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
    edited May 2013
    Dont players have CC reduction? Also what is preventing 5 clerics in pvp atm? stacking 5 AS?
    On the topic of PvE, there could be a reduction on it per proned target(cannot be proned in the next 4 seconds ore something) to disable permaprone, because obviuesly that is not what im going for here...just an added feature that sets him apart from the CW, and that would allow him to participate at the same lvl of content.

Obviuesly CW is optimal atm because he is ranged and can do all the same features a capable GWF can, so why not give a melee designed bonus?..shouldent going melee give a certain benefit to counter going ranged? Obviuesly its not his dps, considering he hits with a massive 2H and CW does a few pew pew orbs...if anything i would expect some sort of slow deu to "crippling" ure targets when u hit them...
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • rethophisrethophis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 71
    edited May 2013
    We get the point quite well, but the community has a bad opinion of GWF and GF which is unjustified, Not all GWF and GF suck at playing their class, GFW are not Broken our guild GWF's do just fine same with GF's, but I have seen pug gf's compain about tanking to the point just just dps and forget about control, just ask some of them what they bring to the team and they will say DPS!

Why would I bring a DPS GF over a CW or TR which do more and bring more to the team, now if your full tank you have a use or a defense reducing GWF then you have a place. Find your niche you have one it just may not be what you thought it was.

When I'm building a Never team I look at what a class brings to the team, A good GF brings control, survivability and buffs, making the group stronger, a Good GWF brings Defense reduction, off tank and DPS.

GF and GWF are not broken but the community thinks they are, oh and before you say I have no Idea what I'm talking about. 12k GF, 11k CW, 10k DC and I have cleared never and all t2's without exploiting on all my character's.
    There are just two build that works for GF and GWF: the first one has to be conqueror with double power bonus from block meter, the second one should be geared and built toward mobs defense reduction. Still their utility is less than the other classes in a party going to CN and this is due to the balance between classes not only to skill.
    Known as Zerkul on DDO forums I]Ryumajin, Zavarthak, Leohands of Cannith[/I, look for me on YouTube.
  • stisti86stisti86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WOW - 5 man paladin groups
    EQ - Monk groups
    Warhammer - x2 Bright wizard
    Final fantasy online - Ninja group's

Do I need to continue? Class stacking is normal welcome to mmo's.

lol........ I think you did not understand the point ... they have created 2 classes completely useless! I play a cleric, but I understand that those who play those 2 classes is angry, and he's right to be!
    edited May 2013
    I would like to point out in this thread, that i am really curious how the GWF/GF work when all there heroic feats/paragon feats would work like intented. Nobody seems to have put his finger on this subject. I feel they could be really good if things like the heroic feat "defense <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>"(forgot the name atm) would exualy work, and the same wil go for other feats/paragon skills, some just dont function atm and if they would work the class itself might become viable?..
    edited May 2013
    stisti86 wrote: »
    lol........ I think you did not understand the point ... they have created 2 classes completely useless! I play a cleric, but I understand that those who play those 2 classes is angry, and he's right to be!

I play a GF I am not angry or useless. It's the community perception of the class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • chonir01chonir01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    rethophis wrote: »
    There are just two build that works for GF and GWF: the first one has to be conqueror with double power bonus from block meter, the second one should be geared and built toward mobs defense reduction. Still their utility is less than the other classes in a party going to CN and this is due to the balance between classes not only to skill.

You should check out this thread - http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?296512-So-what-s-the-point-of-having-gears and re-think the GF conq spec. ATM I run conq spec, but the additional power is not mind-blowing. Seriously thinking that Envy's Crit builds are a better option atm with the returns on the power stat. If I had the AD I'd regear my GF in a heartbeat, but sadly I've sunk too much into my DC to afford it atm ... soon tho (tm)