test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please Read if you are Stuck/Frozen at the Loading Screen

Comments

• Options
    avenvingavenving Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All my stuff is default so unless it changed by itself it should still be what it's always been.
  • Options
    somakawasomakawa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue here, 2 toons to PE just set after loading, 3 toons not in PE are just fine.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Had to login using Safe Mode. Luckily I wasn't doing anything important just regular PE stuff so Safe Mode wasn't as bad.
  • Options
    scumhammerscumhammer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm stuck as well... I was just playing and went to make breakfast real quick and came back to the eternal loading screen. It has been loading for about 15 minutes now :(
  • Options
    kemble0726kemble0726 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    plz fix the loading issue
  • Options
    thisisridicilousthisisridicilous Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now this bug seems to be just ****ing with me. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Really annoying.
  • Options
    drakonlord56drakonlord56 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I login fine with a character in another zone. The enclave is the buggy one.
  • Options
    eikooneikoon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    a friend of mine just noticed that if he runs his game in fullscreen mode (not windowed) and connects to the game as soon as the bar is fully loaded he switches to windows waits about 15-30 seconds and when he switches back his game has finished loading and if he presses a key enters pe!

might work. hope it works. try it! good luck :D
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    berinima wrote: »
    What works for me is: Running the game in FULLSCREEN mode and when I am stuck in the loading screen I switch to desktop and wait a couple of seconds. When I switch back to the game I usually can press any key to finally log in. If the "Press any key" message is not displayed I switch back and forth a couple of times. This always works sooner or later. It's annoying but doing so you can log in at least.

this worked for me too a few times but not always...cryptic is really quiet incompetent arent they

i think im gonna leave the game be for a while...maybe they get it working in a few weeks...its just no fun if you maybe get to actually play the game 25% of the time being in the game...
  • Options
    kemble0726kemble0726 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    did not work for me
  • Options
    meitranmeitran Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    Same problem here.
  • Options
    nymbylnymbyl Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nice, just adjusted my shaders like you said at character screen, and BOOM, login successful!

thanks man
  • Options
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    avenvingavenving Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    40 minutes loading now, still not in.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    biskit85biskit85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1) Log in using safe mode and load char in PE no problem
    2) Exit the game and run it again with safe mode off
    3) Load game and reset graphics to default (highest).
    4) Profit

Thanks for highlighting this temporary work-around to allow us to play while you work on a fix =)
    L60 Devoted Cleric ~ Dragon
  • Options
    dorrianxdorrianx Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fix this please... another Saturday of something going wrong.. love the game but its frustrating every weekend there seems to be something new :(
  • Options
    drakonlord56drakonlord56 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Confirmed. The Enclave is the problem area. Login in safe mode, move characters to other zones, logout and login no problems. I did have to re-adjust my video settings; no biggie.

I got the patch this morning and had no login issues into the enclave with a couple of my characters several times. So, this just happened.
  • Options
    kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the post about this.
  • Options
    dorrianxdorrianx Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would be great too if when you log out you go to character select screen instead of the PASSWORD screen!
  • Options
    v1ctor2kv1ctor2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Didn't work for me :/
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    This is a bit different. We still see a "Loading Protector's Enclave" in the top right corner. The thing your buddy experienced is that the game has already finished loading and has a "Press any key" in the top right corner.
  • Options
    madderamaddera Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I noticed that simply by changing from Windowed-Maximized mode to Fullscreen there was a bit of a resolution sync issue. After fumbling through the screen and "resetting" the resolution to my max desktop size and clicking apply, I was able to log right in.

Interestingly enough, these settings are not saving on next login and I'm defaulted back to Windowed-Maximized. Switched back to Fullscreen and max res and I was once again able to get right in.

Try it out.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    it works for me - it won't load if i use windowed even if i switch to windows. if i do it like i wrote it down here... it lets me in the game :) tried it 3-4 times. was able to reproduce it. dont switch to windows and back instantly (at least i need to wait about 15-30 seconds before switching back). but hey we can only try to work around the issue - cryptic needs to fix it :D
  • Options
    braddassbraddass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 108
    edited May 2013
    I am not sure anyone mentioned this, but I just ctrl/esc off that screen, then went back. It said press any key ... I did, and it was fine.
    I am a Lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)
  • Options
    jpnolejpnole Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I reduced the shaders to minimal and it worked. Now, after logging out for a while, I am back to the same frozen loading screen. Any ideas?
  • Options
    eytanxeytanx Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only characters of mine that cannot login to the PE are a 26 lvl Cleric and a 25 lvl TR - all others can (GF, CW, and TR - all lower lvl).

If you use Safe Mode you can reset graphics inside the game then No prob. Here is what I did to really reduce the frustration:
    1. Started in Safe Mode.
    2. Took the 2 characters that had difficulties to another zone while in safe mode.
    3. Reset my graphics to my original values (maxed out)
    4. exited the game and back in.
    5. All was well.

I just have to remember to take the 2 characters with problems to a different zone before I exit.

Frustration level now reduced to a minimum of inconvenience go ahead and fix it good guys gals. I can still play and enjoy a great game without resorting to whining. :). Hope the info about character levels helps out some.
  • Options
    maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
    edited May 2013
    Atm I'm on TS and we are 3 people stuck in the loading screen. A fourth one gave up getting into the game about half an hour ago.
  • Options
    muncheemunchee Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here is a better option than the "Safe Mode" fix.

Load the game and log in.
    In the bottom left hit the Options
    Select Video
    Check the "Show Advanced Video Settings"
    Scroll down to "Max Shader Quality" and set this to Low
    Hit Apply

Now try launching the game. This worked for me and solves the issue of Safe Mode resetting all the graphics options.

THis Worked GREAT TY