What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Character stuck loading

Comments

• Options
    qupiiidqupiiid Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Been in "Loading Screen" for about 30 min now....
  • Options
    koudebendekoudebende Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same problem, stuck in loading screen. Doesnt matter if i restart the game, cant play now.......
  • Options
    hugginatorhugginator Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem. Stuck. Nothing has fixed it thus far.
  • Options
    tamartarkentamartarken Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have attempted to log in four times now with the same problem.

*"Press Any Key" does not appear.
    *The text "Loading Protector's Enclave..." is visible in the top right corner.
    *A full loading bar is visible at the bottom.
    *The tips continue to cycle.
    *My computer's Task Manager shows Neverwinter as still running.
    *I run Windows 7 Professional,
    *The game is set to Fullscreen Windowed mode.

I logged on just after patching with no problems, switched characters, and went to switch BACK to the character I had previously been on when this occurred. I have had to hard-quit each time (I generally waited between 5 and 10 minutes before doing this, while I cooked breakfast) and have restarted my computer between each attempt. Switching to a different video setting did not resolve my problem.
  • Options
    lottapewpewlottapewpew Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I logged on just after patching with no problems, switched characters, and went to switch BACK to the character I had previously been on when this occurred. I have had to hard-quit each time (I generally waited between 5 and 10 minutes before doing this, while I cooked breakfast) and have restarted my computer between each attempt. Switching to a different video setting did not resolve my problem.

Same problem here. Tried everything people stated above could help, still can't log in on any of my four characters.
    Would be nice if this gets a hotfix any time soon ;)
  • Options
    eialaeiala Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    urlag wrote: »
    hey just fixed mine. all i did was turned it from windowed-fullscreen ---> fullscreen
    no problems now

thx for that simpel tip it made me come in to :)
  • Options
    koudebendekoudebende Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eiala wrote: »
    thx for that simpel tip it made me come in to :)

Same fixed it for me -> fullscreen and reset graphics after that load your character
  • Options
    tamartarkentamartarken Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013

UPDATE:

Using the "Safe Mode" suggestion posted above (Go to "Options" on the patch/login screen and click on Safe Mode). The game comes up in a TINY window and is functional, but uncomfortable to look at. I do not know whether it will work upon re-logging under non-Safe Mode, as I am running out of time and must now log off. My apologies for the lack of thorough testing, but real life trumped me this time.
  • Options
    scarymary1scarymary1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Exact same problems. :(
  • Options
    xphantasmxxphantasmx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had to wait 5-6 minutes before i got the "Hit any key" option , but this is only happening on my main character , all the other log in .
    from this quote , seems like they are looking into it.

[h=2]Please Read if you are Stuck/Frozen at the Loading Screen[/h]
    Hey Everyone,

We have identified an issue where some players are not able to advance past the loading screen after selecting a character and loading a map.

We are investigating this issue now and hope to have a resolution soon.

In the short term, we have found that many players have been able to work around this issue by loading Neverwinter in Safe Mode. You can load into Safe Mode by opening the Neverwinter Launcher, then clicking on Options.

Additionally, some players have reported that hitting a key after the yellow bar finishes (even though the Press Any Key prompt has not yet appeared) has helped as well.

Thanks for your patience while we work on this issue!

-Dezstravus and the Neverwinter Team
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vulupvulup Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ran the game in safe mode (option in launcher), which allowed me to log on my GWF, and entered a PVP match. Had the issue occur again on the second loading screen that is supposed to take me back to the Protecter's Enclave after the match was done. I can log on my lv 20 cleric just fine (currently also in Protector's Enclave). Both characters are on the same account.
  • Options
    pissonyoutoopissonyoutoo Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello, same problem here, after PVP game end cant go back to Protectors Enclave. I noticed there is huge usage of CPU when i'm killing Neverwinter task. Anyway having similar problems in Star Trek Online (been stacked with all my characters on server not responding) i wonder if Cryptic has some self destructive mode activated.
  • Options
    ddmac69ddmac69 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the loading troubles too.. mostly on my high level characters if that helps the developers narrow things down a bit.. no press key appears.. even tried hitting every key.. client stops after trying to load hogg something then it said it couldnt find the game files.. tried loading in safe mode.. it crashed the game client.. second time it hung up while trying to load again.. third time after a couple minutes I got press any key
  • Options
    symphonnarrasymphonnarra Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah i had to close the game all the way out and reload it... if that dont work do it like 8 or 9 times and one of them wil lgo threw .. have fun if u use more than one character ... sometimes it goes right threw sometimes not ... ohhh btw while im on the tpic of more than one character.. any one know if there is a /chat command to go back to the character selection screen so not have to log all the way out than back in just to change toons
  • Options
    kostafkostaf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have found that all you need to to is on character select press options and turn down the graphics slide bar down to the whole way to speed. anything higher than that did not work for me.

It seems that there is something conflicting with the graphics rendering. I just did a test with the slide bar. If I log into the game and set the game at Speed on the graphics slide bar I get into the game no problem. Once in I queue for a dungeon, enter the instance and leave party. While still on the speed setting I have no problem getting back to protectors enclave. After I log back into the protectors enclave I then slid my Graphics slide bar all the way to quality and requeued for a dungeon. Once I entered the instance and then left the dungeon to go back to protectors enclave the game gets stuck at the loading menu.
  • Options
    illectrikkillectrikk Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm experiencing this issue along with this one

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?293072-Can-t-Spawn-Mount

...that's if I manage to get in. Started getting the loading thing while in the midst of attempting to fix the mount issue.
  • Options
    derovarderovar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same problem, it takes entirely too long to get into protector's enclave. Hopefully this is resolved quickly.
  • Options
    meysameysa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    bcanimus wrote: »
    I am having the same problem atm. Strangely my other characters can get in fine - and they're all in the same area atm (Protector's Enclave).

I also experienced this with one of my characters, so I decided to swap to another one, which worked fine, but when I jumped over to another character to try to send them a bunch of profession kits, I can no longer log back to my second character now.

In thinking about it, both characters were logged out in a location where there are generally a bunch of people. I wonder if it's has something to do with logging in and needing to draw a bunch of people.
    Storming Monte Hall Review Thread
    Storming Monte Hall NW-DRAQHLR54
  • Options
    pissonyoutoopissonyoutoo Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Safe mode logging from the Launcher work for me, but **** game is ugly like that -_-
  • Options
    rengetsu08rengetsu08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    This is one of many reason why Neverwinter is a train wreck, GOod luck to all! See you down the wreck..

I was having fun in Lvl 60 PVP, but now look what is happening...

Now PWE we need a better result than having this everyday problem, do your @)#($ job... your wasting time and money of your players for this poor result every @#$% update and maintenance it doesn't create a good game play experience it make them worst... im am really sad for those who paid and will pay real money to play this game.. Even people are leaving more and more.. I can see this game ending in the next following year or so..
    Half-Elf Devoted Cleric-Divine Oracle Build, Powers and Feats:V1.0, V2.0
  • Options
    kostafkostaf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it's not the safe mode that fixes it. it's the graphics slide bar in the options menu
  • Options
    ramethornramethorn Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My main gets stuck at loading screen every time. I can log into my toon but not my main.
  • Options
    jakepigellojakepigello Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    Same problem. Loading......................................................................

There is no "Press Any Key" either. It's the same loading screen as always, just new bugs
  • Options
    giron88giron88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah still same problem.....
  • Options
    fledmagicianfledmagician Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is anyone having this problem outside of Protectors enclave?

cos thats where all my characters are, and i cant get into any of them.
  • Options
    kneekikneeki Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kealethea wrote: »
    I just got my self in by trying this
    before you log your name and pass in top right hit options. white box will open top left click on safe mode then long in. the game will log you in on a small window with safe mode fixing the issue. log out then back in when in game hit esc and go to options again and reselect full screen and change your resolution then hit apply. ( sorry for run on and any thing miss spelled. )
    I had the same problem as OP until I tried this solution. It worked great! Thank you!
  • Options
    panserandpanserand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The issue is detail distance. I found out I can have everything at max EXCEPT detail distance

So World, Terrain and Character detail distance is down to 100% each and I can load in without problems.
  • Options
    kealetheakealethea Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pissonyoutoo after you log in to game go to options and video and press reset to default settings and expand the window then you are back to normal.
  • Options
    iamsqueakeriamsqueaker Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    realfs wrote: »
    Thanks but many of us are used to the "just hit any key". No it does not say this. It says "Loading Protectors Enclave.." and just sits there.....
    This exactly. I have four characters and only one of them is stuck at the loading screen. The loading bar at the bottom will get all the way to the right side of the screen then nothing. There is no 'Press Any Key' at the top right usually there when someone alt-tabs to something else on their computer. I've tried relogging and have had to force shut down the client without any success. I hope that they soon fix this issue however because how am I supposed to get my PvP on with my rogue? XD
  • Options
    drock000drock000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So far it's happened on 2 toons. Both were logging in near the mail box. One finally got in, but so far, the other is stuck. I was thinking it had something to do with the number of characters near by, when you try to log in, since it's trying to get all their toon info as you log in. It just overloads on a bug and either loops, or hangs there.

However I just tried the safe mode thing and it did get the character in game.