What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Character stuck loading

Comments

• Options
    romulanpuddingromulanpudding Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2 of my characters IN the Protector's Enclave = cannot load; hangs at loading screen.

2 of my characters elsewhere (i.e, not in Protector's Enclave) = no problems loading.

Perhaps it's a bad idea to take any characters to the Protector's Enclave until this is fixed.
  • Options
    zeninka666zeninka666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To all <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> here...

> Exit game.
    > Start the Launcher.
    > Right top, click Options.
    > Select "Safe Launch"
    > Click Play
    > Login
    > Set everything back to what is was. (Or leave Shaders alone to avoid crash again)

Redo everything if it crashes again.
  • Options
    romulanpuddingromulanpudding Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zeninka666 wrote: »
    Now that's just not nice.

People are posting information so Cryptic can fix the bug. We know about the work-around.
  • Options
    kilaboble1966kilaboble1966 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have same problem, with no possibility of "press any key"
  • Options
    critmassivecritmassive Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same thing. I do not have a problem on my low level thief. only on my level 60 cleric.
  • Options
    iamspigotiamspigot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ayo cuz, this blows.
  • Options
    nohx930nohx930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've just encountered the same problem. After losing a pvp match, i got stuck at the loading screen to Protectors Enclave, and NO there is NO showing of the Press any key!
    Just stuck at a full loading bar. Even when i force quit the game and tries to log in again.
  • Options
    maciekhmaciekh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have experienced the same issue.

I think I noticed it yesterday for the first time. Yesterday I finally managed to get into the game after a long time of waiting. Today I launched the game after a fresh system startup, logged in, selected my character and got stuck at the end of the loading process (I left my character in the Protector's Enclave). I gave the game some time, but finally gave up.

At least it was possible to drop the client on the task bar with Alt + Tab and close it by clicking with the right mouse button on it's icon.

Then I restarted the whole system and tried again with the same result.

Finally i restarted just the game client and got into the game.
  • Options
    shadomenshadomen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem here guys. This latest patch introduced this problem on 2 of my 4 characters and sadly one of the affected characters is my main (60 CW).

Despite all the suggestions posted here I cannot reliably log into these characters.

Any ETA on a fix for this?
  • Options
    abcoeabcoe Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm also getting stuck at the loading screen. I had some luck with Alt + Tab right after selecting my character. Sometimes after I wait for a bit and then go back to the game the "Hit Any Key" is in the corner and I can get in. Sometimes it doesn't work though.
  • Options
    glugglesgluggles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem. Took 10 minutes or so a few days ago. I force quit a few minutes ago after waiting for about 10. I had logged in earlier with no significant wait though.
  • Options
    glugglesgluggles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    now another 10 minutes of not loading. what's up with this?
  • Options
    danyartheirratedanyartheirrate Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same problem, I got into the game once and moved my character to another map location and it fixed the issue. Unfortunately, I recently quit playing with my character still in Protector's Enclave, so again I am stuck with the loading screen.
  • Options
    drowessdrowess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems I have the same problem. Guess I should be glad I got NWN 1 & 2 the other day. I think my days of Neverwinter are numbered, that or if this doesn't get fixed, I guess I won't be playing again at all and will have to ask for a refund.
  • Options
    covinus03covinus03 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same problem, I got into the game once and moved my character to another map location and it fixed the issue. Unfortunately, I recently quit playing with my character still in Protector's Enclave, so again I am stuck with the loading screen.

Same exact problem here, infinite loading screen for all characters (started when I tried to load into character in Protector's Enclave though)
  • Options
    dadkkmallleksmmdadkkmallleksmm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zeninka666 wrote: »

Stay classy Neverwinter community.
  • Options
    leonf25leonf25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem here. I am surprise they haven't acknowledged a problem yet, usually community managers are on top of things on forums and twitter/facebook
  • Options
    sylvanairesylvanaire Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am having the same problem on my main char. Here is a temporary fix. Close Neverwinter if your stuck in the log in screen. restart the launcher. On the launcher screen go to options and check the 'safe mode' box, then log in. You should be able to enter the game without issue. Once you are in then reset your video options by hitting escape: choose the video tab and click the reset to defaults button.

Hope this helps

I am finding that this only happens with one of my 2 characters, the other one is fine.

P.S. I believe this is happening because of a graphics card update that was released recently.
  • Options
    racerx2105racerx2105 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have had the same problem with my main in protector's enclave for the last few hours. The only thing I could figure out was to get on a alt that would load and drop the game to windowed mode. Then log off so that I wouldn't close the gaming screen but could log back into character select. At that point I was able to get my main to load in the Enclave and move her to another zone. Hope that works for some of yall.
  • Options
    leonf25leonf25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sylvanaire wrote: »
    I am having the same problem on my main char. Here is a temporary fix. Close Neverwinter if your stuck in the log in screen. restart the launcher. On the launcher screen go to options and check the 'safe mode' box, then log in. You should be able to enter the game without issue. Once you are in then reset your video options by hitting escape: choose the video tab and click the reset to defaults button.

Hope this helps

I am finding that this only happens with one of my 2 characters, the other one is fine.

P.S. I believe this is happening because of a graphics card update that was released recently.

That actually helped, thanks! Although the graphics are better/weirder now.....
  • Options
    teagan006teagan006 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    seems like alot of players are having this issue including me whats going on dev team? long loading screens and not teleporting to pvp ins or dungeon ins?
  • Options
    endofarendofar Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it's getting more annoying for me.
    Where i first just got stuck in the loading screen with my lvl 60, i now have it on my lvl 30 alt also.
    And where i first could solve it (safe mode, screen resizing, etc) and was problem-free till i log off, i now get stuck when zoning to Protector's! (e.g. after a PvP-match).

Fix that asap please!
  • Options
    deathshadesdeathshades Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xphantasmx wrote: »
    You will notice that at top of screen it says "Press Any Key" hit enter or any other key and you log in :) ..............

there so no "Press Any Key ....it says loading and even though bar full does nothing ....i haveing same issue seams be only with pvp and skirish far as i can tell and if ya wait 15 mins ya log in most time np but any time before that you dont load ...
  • Options
    okaminosukeokaminosuke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Same problem here. After one of last patches the loading time of Protector's Enclave (this is where I usually log in/off) has significantly increased. "Press any key" button does not appear instantly, infact it appears very late.

You can help yourself guys a bit by pressing alt+tab and keeping the game minimized for a short while. Somehow, strangely this seems to speed up the loading process a bit. Still, this issue needs to be addressed by devs.
  • Options
    sslackerdsslackerd Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I get stuck at Neverwinter screen. Cryptic screen loads then when it switches to Neverwinter screen it does nothing.
    Game played fine on Monday this started Tuesday after patch I guess.
    Tried safe mode did same thing.Would be thankfull for any help.Or will just wait till you patch fix it.

thanks
  • Options
    teslapawnsedisonteslapawnsedison Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having the same problem, when trying to log on with the two characters that I left in the Protectors Enclave, this leaves me access to only one character that I have in another zone and now I'm afraid to bring him to the Enclave...
  • Options
    grumpdogggrumpdogg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    +1 for exactly the same issue. Can't log in to play.
  • Options
    jchrise102jchrise102 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It has gotten to the point for me that I have to re-log/log in, in safe mode when ever I enter Protectors Enclave or try to log in with a char that was logged out in Protectors Enclave.
    The old world will burn in the fires of industry
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    After the patch update 5 hours ago i went to pvp. After the pvp match my game got stuck loading protectors enclave. I've relogged 3 times and had to force quit neverwinter those times. I've never had this happen before.

Same thing happened to me last night on my GF but if I logged in my CW character it loaded fine. I went back to my GF and was locked in the loading screen again. Seems to affect certain characters different...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    oldwaysreturnoldwaysreturn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25
    edited May 2013
    I have not been able to log into my main on my account since Saturday. Normally I do not ask for compensation for bugs but this is causing me to lose out on the coins that I have been working towards getting my 360 for the angel companion and it is starting to really make me angry. I am now forced to play alts instead of my main character. the best I can do is craft with him through the gateway...whoop dee doo.