test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Character stuck loading

realpureshadowrealpureshadow Member Posts: 90
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
After the patch update 5 hours ago i went to pvp. After the pvp match my game got stuck loading protectors enclave. I've relogged 3 times and had to force quit neverwinter those times. I've never had this happen before.
Post edited by realpureshadow on

Comments

• Options
    arkhan26arkhan26 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have the same problem, i started the game this morning, it patched to .39 and since i can't go in town, the game stops at the protector's enclave screen and stays there indefinitly
  • Options
    kudro1kudro1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same error. My first login attempt after patch - Protector's Enclave stuck on loading screen (the bar is full).
  • Options
    division8division8 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm also suffering from this issue, trying to verify files doesn't work, hopefully it will work later today
  • Options
    xphantasmxxphantasmx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You will notice that at top of screen it says "Press Any Key" hit enter or any other key and you log in :) ..............
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kealetheakealethea Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    me too load up bar fills up tips keep changing but I can not get in game.
  • Options
    avelinejonesavelinejones Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem here, character doesn't load and just to point it out, there is no 'press any key' message and neither does playing piano on the keyboard yield any results.
  • Options
    epidevilepidevil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had/have the same problem and my screen did not show the "Press Any Key" (just loading....)

but after searching the forums for like 10-15 min, I did get up the "Press Any Key" :-)
    My Induction ID (Server: Europe - Aquarius) 2100394G080806038006620S3fff92
  • Options
    realfsrealfs Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xphantasmx wrote: »
    You will notice that at top of screen it says "Press Any Key" hit enter or any other key and you log in :) ..............

Thanks but many of us are used to the "just hit any key". No it does not say this. It says "Loading Protectors Enclave.." and just sits there.....
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    could be like a que thing in wow just taking time to get us in.
  • Options
    semperviviumsempervivium Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same here .. and no "just hit any key" smartass ..
  • Options
    urlagurlag Member Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    @xphantasmx--the loading bug the above are posting about, just stays at loading screen. tips keep cycling, loading bar is full, but the prompt to "hit any key" doesnt appear and your char never loads in. ur screen just sits at loading screen. also if u open the task menu, the game is listed as running, as in not "not responding", meaning its a server-side or patch issue, not client. if any1 gets the "hit any key" prompt, then congrats, if not, then go to bed and it prob will be fixed b4 u get up.

i hope it gets fixed soon, as i cannot get ingame either, at the moment.
  • Options
    doyledethdoyledeth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not only am I having this problem, my game starts up on my 2nd monitor instead of my main as well. It's really annoying me.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ok, some new info - I did manage to load protector's enclave using my laptop... still can't load it on my desktop (neither on w7, nor w8).
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    And a followup - I lowerd graphic settings before selecting character to play. With everything turned off - success, I logged in. Now just to find out which component is messing it up.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hey just fixed mine. all i did was turned it from windowed-fullscreen ---> fullscreen
    no problems now
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hey just fixed mine. all i did was turned it from windowed-fullscreen ---> fullscreen
    no problems now
  • Options
    ngeongeo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem here. Cant get in the game.... Seems like the new patch added some new bugs.... meh if only the tech support was better in this game it would pawn all others... but its full of bugs...
  • Options
    bcanimusbcanimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am having the same problem atm. Strangely my other characters can get in fine - and they're all in the same area atm (Protector's Enclave).
  • Options
    elmarcoelmarco Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem for me. The "press any Key" prompt takes ages to appear.
  • Options
    darkbladessdarkbladess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    Weird thing is i can log in to my alt,hes in the protectors enclave also,but logs right in.
  • Options
    cruximcruxim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have the same problem , only one of my chars can load protectors enclave all others get stuck at loading

EDIT: after resseting my video options to default one for my other previously stuck alts managed to load protector's enclave. however my other 2 alts are still stuck loading

EDIT #2 : Everytime i want to log in to one of my characters it seems i have to reset my video options back to default regardless if it actually changes the video options or not. Also when loading protectors enclave my cpu hits 100% and fans spin out of control for a little bit till i get logged in ,that didnt happen before this patch. This patch definately Broke something that is graphics related it seems.
  • Options
    darkbladessdarkbladess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    bcanimus wrote: »
    I am having the same problem atm. Strangely my other characters can get in fine - and they're all in the same area atm (Protector's Enclave).

Didnt see your post lol
  • Options
    copperkidcopperkid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same thing here. Windowed (full) --> Fullscreen does not fix it. No "press any key". Can't get into the game at all now after patch. Just "loading protectors enclave....."
  • Options
    talonyyrtalonyyr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issues as everyone else here... definitely something wrong.
  • Options
    firelyfirely Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    open beta, what do you want :p
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I just got my self in by trying this
    before you log your name and pass in top right hit options. white box will open top left click on safe mode then long in. the game will log you in on a small window with safe mode fixing the issue. log out then back in when in game hit esc and go to options again and reselect full screen and change your resolution then hit apply. ( sorry for run on and any thing miss spelled. )
  • Options
    dexadrin3dexadrin3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same issue here
  • Options
    uggsmashuggsmash Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    kudro1 wrote: »
    Same error. My first login attempt after patch - Protector's Enclave stuck on loading screen (the bar is full).
    Same, can't log in. Just sits on the loading screen, no "hit any key".
  • Options
    ohzzzohzzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Still cant log in :(
  • Options
    talonyyrtalonyyr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The above work around with Options on main screen and changing graphic option from Windowed to Fullscreen worked for me. Good luck guys.