What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.34-39

dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Patch Notes (PC)
Patch Notes

Castle Never
  • Players may no longer sneak past the final boss gate.

Companions
  • Companions can no longer be auto-summoned in certain states, which would occasionally leave the player with two Companions.

Foundry
  • Harper contacts now show the correct average playtime of quests.
  • When talking to Harpers, only projects of the same language as the player will show up by default in the Local search. The Featured search still shows all languages.

Gateway
  • Account Guard input fields and navigation buttons now display correctly in IE8.
  • Filter dropdowns on Gateway Mobile no longer overlap.
  • Gateway Mobile now has an outfit switcher, allowing players to switch between Fashion and Combat outfits.
  • Quantities of items (such as Astral Diamonds) attached in mail now display correctly.
  • The order of the filters in the Task List now matches the in-game filter order.
  • The error message is now more helpful when running into an error on login.
  • The Auction Search UI on Gateway Mobile has improved.
  • The translation for Guilds and Auction House lists has improved.
  • The height of text fields and dropdowns on Gateway Mobile has increased for easier use.
  • The login page now has a link back to playneverwinter.com.
  • The fonts on the Gateway login screen have improved.

Rewards and Items
  • Archon Shield now correctly grants +6 AC, down from +18 AC.
  • The benefit of the Double Astral Diamond Weekend has been removed in situations where it was still in effect.
  • The reset timer for chests has been changed in cases where a player logs out and back in again.
  • Coffer of Astral Diamonds now uses the same reward UI as other reward packs.
  • Items no longer go into the Overflow Bag if there is room in other bags.
  • Normal Dread Vault no longer gives Epic Dread Vault loot from the reward chest while the Dungeon event is active.
  • The Giftwrap Enchantment in the Level 60 Adventurer's Reward box now correctly grants a Rank 5 enchantment.

Stability
  • Another contributor to Out of Memory graphics crashes has been fixed.

UI
  • Autocomplete no longer automatically takes focus in chat.
Post edited by dezstravus on

Comments

• Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the patch notes. :cool:
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    wildonbeastwildonbeast Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Items no longer go into the Overflow Bag if there is room in other bags."
    ;-; Time to buy bags
  • Options
    sodadropzsodadropz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hmm making it harder for the last dungeon -.- but thanks for lowering the astral shield, it pvp stacking that much armor was annoying.
  • Options
    konnerkonner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good, I actually thought the overflow bag was a dumb idea.
    My in-game handle is @Ishamii and my STO/CO handle is @konner920 if you wanna add me on anything.

Shard: Beholder

Characters: Ishami (GWF level 60, geared for pvp) waiting for the Ranger class to be added

Neverwinter FTW
  • Options
    zamerizameri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    sodadropz wrote: »
    hmm making it harder for the last dungeon -.- but thanks for lowering the astral shield, it pvp stacking that much armor was annoying.

I didnt see anything about Astral Shield
  • Options
    txhorns233txhorns233 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Archon shield im sure he meant
  • Options
    sophismsophism Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Devoted Cleric
    • Addressed a rare case in which the At-Will powers in Divine Mode could become unslotted but couldn't be dragged back into the Power Tray.

This is still not fixed for me and several other Clerics. Contacting a GM in-game resulted in whoever attended my ticket not understanding what I meant, despite me elaborating on what the issue was as much as humanly possible. Unfortunately I couldn't follow up on that, as your support website throws me into a feedback loop error whenever I attempt to access the tickets section. I tried reaching my ticket page in Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer with no luck.

I have no doubt that the fix that went live three patches ago only prevents it from happening from now on, but the people that were unlucky to have spent money on a respec before the patch are stuck in this situation... unless they respec anew. That being said, we shouldn't be expected to pay for additional respecs just to fix a pretty glaring bug with our core class mechanics.

Here's a handy picture of what's happened to me and several other Clerics when using a respec:

ibfjqMqixA4w2y.png

Some, like me, had Punishing Light disappear, others had Soothing Light. Either way it's silly that it's been over a week and nothing has changed.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • Options
    captainmreynoldscaptainmreynolds Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sophism wrote: »
    This is still not fixed for me and several other Clerics. Contacting a GM in-game resulted in whoever attended my ticket not understanding what I meant, despite me elaborating on what the issue was as much as humanly possible. Unfortunately I couldn't follow up on that, as your support website throws me into a feedback loop error whenever I attempt to access the tickets section. I tried reaching my ticket page in Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer with no luck.

I have no doubt that the fix that went live three patches ago only prevents it from happening from now on, but the people that were unlucky to have spent money on a respec before the patch are stuck in this situation... unless they respec anew. That being said, we shouldn't be expected to pay for additional respecs just to fix a pretty glaring bug with our core class mechanics.

Here's a handy picture of what's happened to me and several other Clerics when using a respec:

ibfjqMqixA4w2y.png

Some, like me, had Punishing Light disappear, others had Soothing Light. Either way it's silly that it's been over a week and nothing has changed.

I don't think the patch is live yet, lol.
  • Options
    exittiumexittium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still wish something would be done about healer threat/agro...
  • Options
    midnightmaladymidnightmalady Member Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    I know these changes are necessary, but it seems the changes that the community really want aren't being addressed...
  • Options
    rengetsu08rengetsu08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    sophism wrote: »

ibfjqMqixA4w2y.png

Well support here is really a waste of time, when u discover and pin point to them ur bug or errors in game, they send to you the result and tell you to do the following step, but to your surprise you've been doing all of it since you've discover the said bugs or errors, it's really funny when you also try to explain to them what happen and elaborate more so the support can understand what you're saying, in the end it's you just give up and let the bugs occur... :D
    Half-Elf Devoted Cleric-Divine Oracle Build, Powers and Feats:V1.0, V2.0
  • Options
    brown2879brown2879 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I appreciate all these patches and maintenance but I would really appreciate an answer to my two week old ticket over missing items. Or at the very least an "I'm sorry we haven't handled this yet we're under unusually high ticket volumes".
  • Options
    auferoaufero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    exittium wrote: »
    Still wish something would be done about healer threat/agro...

I keep wondering why this hasn't shown up in patch notes yet. It's ludicrously broken and affects all group content, but appears to be low on their list. (Or it's just a lot tougher to fix than it looks from the outside, which is certainly possible.)
  • Options
    terribad249terribad249 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would be nice to see GF's Guard get fixed as it's been disgustingly buggy since last patch, also Shield defense feat is still broken
  • Options
    jtype5jtype5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would be nice to see GF's Guard get fixed as it's been disgustingly buggy since last patch, also Shield defense feat is still broken

Please fix.
  • Options
    vardanoirvardanoir Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patch Notes

Rewards and Items
    • The Giftwrap Enchantment in the Level 60 Adventurer's Reward box now correctly grants a Rank 5 enchantment.

Will these be given retroactively to those of us who have already opened this yet did not receive this item in our inventory? I hit 60 on my gwf two days ago and saw that the Dark Enchantment, Rank 5 did not go into my bags after opening my giftwrapped enchantment and while I'm glad that this issue is being addressed I'd really like the enchantment that was given to me upon opening this reward.
  • Options
    legacy311legacy311 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    did you look into the mountain scale... "fly" bug for epic spider?...
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think the patch is live yet, lol.

The patch that was supposed to fix that problem did go live already.
  • Options
    llewelyn89llewelyn89 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    +1 for the GF guard problem, I know the are other issues but this one is a killer & cannot be gotten around with a respec or slotting different feats. It's all GFs, all fights, all the time.
  • Options
    agonspireagonspire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [*]The Giftwrap Enchantment in the Level 60 Adventurer's Reward box now correctly grants a Rank 5 enchantment.

And what about the lvl 60's who opened already and didn't get the R5 Enchant??
  • Options
    agonspireagonspire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    llewelyn89 wrote: »
    +1 for the GF guard problem, I know the are other issues but this one is a killer & cannot be gotten around with a respec or slotting different feats. It's all GFs, all fights, all the time.
    /bump Fix Fix Fix Fix Fix Fix.. pls
  • Options
    infernoblazeinfernoblaze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about a fix for the INGAME AH search filters.

Bit more important than "The Auction Search UI on Gateway Mobile has improved."
  • Options
    pooshankpooshank Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Curious about if I'll get the rank 5 enchant that disappeared. But also wondering if this will fix the bug of getting a two minute cooldown on all abilities in pvp? Sitting in there waiting for 2 minutes before you can even use an at-will or mount kinda sucks.
  • Options
    shifted111shifted111 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aufero wrote: »
    I keep wondering why this hasn't shown up in patch notes yet. It's ludicrously broken and affects all group content, but appears to be low on their list. (Or it's just a lot tougher to fix than it looks from the outside, which is certainly possible.)

I was feeling the same way for a while, but I'm actually leaning toward keeping it the way it is. Yes, it makes things incredibly difficult, but logically a healer would draw monsters' attention. Plus, you can really use it to your advantage if you play it right. I like that it makes things more realistic. And it's more challenging. How stupid easy would the dungeons be if clerics didn't draw a lot of aggro?
  • Options
    kinghutner74kinghutner74 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    please fix the broken daily skirmishes and dungeons quest.
    thanks =D
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How many healers are going to keep playing healers if they always die seconds after their first heal? More than likely they'll just get frustrated and quit. Before you know it you have a healer shortage. This is one situation where gameplay is more important than realism.
  • Options
    nuromalnuromal Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    vardanoir wrote: »
    Will these be given retroactively to those of us who have already opened this yet did not receive this item in our inventory? I hit 60 on my gwf two days ago and saw that the Dark Enchantment, Rank 5 did not go into my bags after opening my giftwrapped enchantment and while I'm glad that this issue is being addressed I'd really like the enchantment that was given to me upon opening this reward.

this my rank 5 azure didn't pop in my inventory either
  • Options
    zenindelzenindel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont see profession bug, one my toons still gets double diamonds
  • Options
    zenindelzenindel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I also bought some items off zenn markets and never got them
  • Options
    solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    All this hard work on fixing issues with the gateway. How about spending some time fixing the actual IN GAME auction house filters? The only one that seems to work is the class filter. The level range doesn't, time remaining doesn't, current bid doesn't, buy-out price doesn't.

You all are onto a good thing here, now how about spending some resources to fix the in game experience and not the gateway most people use when they aren't even playing your game.
This discussion has been closed.