What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Ranged" class confirmed

Comments

• Options
    boarinboarin Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I bet its a Ranger class with a bow, so far we have healer 2h fighter tank and wizard soo. we jsut need a ranged "ranger"
  • Options
    boarinboarin Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    also an issue i see is, when I put a minimum level and max level for items i want to buy, it still displays items lower level than what i am looking for, the high end shows only up to the level of armor i want.
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    baarogue wrote: »
    Because just what we need is more striker classes, mirite? 9_9
    Well, we don't have a ranged striker class. Neither do we have any primal classes.

EDIT: Oops, Ranger's martial apparently. But yeah, we still need primal classes)
  • Options
    sallee132sallee132 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    it will be ranger ofc
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    No. Go back to your cage :P

Seriously though, we've got enough melee classes for now, including a dual-wielding single-target DPS class :)

Let's tally this up.

Melee: Trickster Rogue, Guardian Fighter, Great Weapon Fighter
    Ranged: Devote Cleric, Control Wizard

Nope there definately needs to be one more melee class before they add in any more ranged.
    Melee > Ranged any day.

Yes I am biased. :D
    But in all seriousness it's not that big of a difference in numbers haha!
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WARLOCKWARLOCKWARLOCKWARLOCKWARLOCK!

I hope. :P
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They have previously stated, definitively, that they will not charge for additional content. I'm willing to trust them until proven wrong.

I hope that means we'll get a free respec when they add more paragon paths.
  • Options
    noshiznoshiz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    Gief new class!!!
    fs_49316d8a5de21281b0f4fc8f0089006b.png
  • Options
    atlanticx1atlanticx1 Member Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    too many huntards is dangerous for mmo community
  • Options
    thaliffthaliff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well, if it's a Ranger, then my main becomes my primary alt and my alts will likely be forever ignored...if it's not a Ranger then it's business as usual.
    On the other side of the screen, it all looks so easy.
  • Options
    delionivercourtdelionivercourt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited May 2013
    I am thinking we need a Druid class *nods nods nods*
  • Options
    aepervius1972aepervius1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    The reason why I think it is semi obvious why it would not be warlock but ranger or druid or suchlike are the kit.

Devoted Cleric=> religious kit
    guardian Fighter /Great weapon Fighter => dungeonering kit
    Controler Wizard => arcane kit
    trickster Rogue => thievery Kit

Nobody is associated with the nature kit.

So my guess was any class associated with nature. ranger / Druid.

Warlock would be arcane.
  • Options
    leetsawcesleetsawces Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    Where was this confirmed at? Is there a link you can hook me up with
  • Options
    bones8197bones8197 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes can someone please post a link to this? Can't find this anywhere...
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bones8197 wrote: »
    Yes can someone please post a link to this? Can't find this anywhere...

Its in the state of the game news thing on the front page of the website. They didn't confirm anything. They just said the next class would be ranged. As others said it seems like a hint toward ranger.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Archer ranger because something has to have kit-free access to those nature nodes dotting the maps.

But that doesn't mean that Warlock won't be appearing at the same time or soon thereafter.

And yes, looking forward to it.
    Ranger was my favorite class when I used to play. Even today I consider the characters that I am making to be temporary, waiting for the ranger before I make my first 'real' character*.

*Also why, while I appreciated the gesture, I didn't like the execution of the "Caturday" gifts.
    The only two characters that I have that qualified are characters that I only keep around for invoking and professions. I have long since stopped actually playing them, and in time both will be deleted as well.

I really wanted some bound to account stuff there.

Yep pretty much how I feel my Trickster rouge will retire to a craftsman's life as soon as the Ranger is available.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    bones8197bones8197 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Its in the state of the game news thing on the front page of the website. They didn't confirm anything. They just said the next class would be ranged. As others said it seems like a hint toward ranger.
    Ty. I guess I skimmed over that bit when I read it lol.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The reason why I think it is semi obvious why it would not be warlock but ranger or druid or suchlike are the kit.
    Doesn't mean much, though. Means we'll have "primal" classes at some point, but that's about it. I mean, they've had the kit around for ages, but GWF was added first after the initial 4, IIRC. Also, I double-checked the 4e handbook, and apparently Rangers count as a martial, not primal class. But who knows, it's all speculation anyway :)
    calamintha wrote: »
    I hope that means we'll get a free respec when they add more paragon paths.
    Wouldn't count on it for one minute. They're still a gaming company, not a charity organization :)
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic is trying to give you the obvious slip!

Warlocks are ranged! I see right through this deceit!

^This! lol

Or...or its possibly Wrathful Invoker, Chaos Sorcerer, War Wizard, Telekinetic Psion...

But in all srs its going to be Archer Ranger. Then Scourge Warlock, then probably Two-Blade Ranger with release of Drow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wouldn't count on it for one minute. They're still a gaming company, not a charity organization :)

Paragon paths are free... as long as you pay for the respec. Trolololol. :p
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013

Watch this video between 1:00-1:30. ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It would take what, a couple of days to level back up? Especially since you'd already have all the gear. Or you could buy it with AD.

I mean, let's be reasonable here, they've gotta make money somehow. It's either this, or charge for content. In fact, some F2P games like DDO charge you for both.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

If they wanted to make easy money they would charge for the Respec(anyone who wanted to have the other Paragon will dish out $6 for a whole new path) but I know with big charges to current classes/power(CO) Cryptic a lot of times give a one time free respec.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Brace yourselves!!!!

The neverwinter equivalent of "huntards" are coming :P

(I jest, I jest)
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone else excited?

You know... there will be one of the two, either ranger or scourge warlock. None of them sound too melee to me, so the "news" could be "sun rises at west".
  • Options
    xtropianxtropian Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    Brace yourselves!!!!

The neverwinter equivalent of "huntards" are coming :P

(I jest, I jest)
    Could be worse: the Two-Blade Ranger and the Drow are released at the same time, and everyone that creates a character claiming to be the real Drizzt Do'Urden gets all butt-hurt over everyone else who creates a character claiming to be the real Drizzt Do'Urden.
    :p
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    xtropian wrote: »
    Could be worse: the Two-Blade Ranger and the Drow are released at the same time, and everyone that creates a character claiming to be the real Drizzt Do'Urden gets all butt-hurt over everyone else who creates a character claiming to be the real Drizzt Do'Urden.

Will the real Drizzt Do'Urden please stand up. *server crash due to too much simultaneous activity*
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    xtropian wrote: »

mmmhmm. If they got HoTN, they can rock Menzo Renegade, Purple Eyes, Panther, Two-Blade Ranger... 0.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nah seriously, next Class will be a Ranged Bard, as shown in Players Handbook 2, unfortunately... o.O

Since my favorite character of all time in a D&D setting was a Bard/Assassin/AA, I could live with that quite well. No, I can't perfectly recreate it, but it would be closer than "hey look, I can throw some daggers until I run out of charges".
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    vinunleadedvinunleaded Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    To play the new ranged class with cost you 300,000 and AD and you must have the Elite Uber of the North pack ($500).