What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Ranged" class confirmed

Comments

• Options
    l3loodmasteryl3loodmastery Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dose any one know if the "Neverwinter Founder's Pack" have a time limit or a deadline?
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Archer ranger because something has to have kit-free access to those nature nodes dotting the maps.

But that doesn't mean that Warlock won't be appearing at the same time or soon thereafter.

And yes, looking forward to it.
    Ranger was my favorite class when I used to play. Even today I consider the characters that I am making to be temporary, waiting for the ranger before I make my first 'real' character*.

*Also why, while I appreciated the gesture, I didn't like the execution of the "Caturday" gifts.
    The only two characters that I have that qualified are characters that I only keep around for invoking and professions. I have long since stopped actually playing them, and in time both will be deleted as well.

I really wanted some bound to account stuff there.
  • Options
    mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ^ I Agree. My characters right now are just placeholders (one is a name placeholder at that) until Dragonborn race and Warlock class is out
  • Options
    drzeyusdrzeyus Banned Users Posts: 87
    edited May 2013
    I dont get it you guys get all giddy about new classes, but still all of the expiots arnt fixed.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    drzeyus wrote: »
    I dont get it you guys get all giddy about new classes, but still all of the expiots arnt fixed.
    I've gotten two characters to 22 and so far I haven't been affected by a any exploits. Not in PvP, not in dungeons, not in skirmishes.
    As far as my experience goes, I haven't seen or been affected by a single exploit anywhere.

From what I've seen so far, the exploiters are limited to level 60's to farm the most money and items.
    By time I get to that level (which will be a long, and enjoyable time) the exploits will be fixed.
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Actually they mentioned in an interview back around the time OB went live that the sixth and seventh classes were already well on their way to being ready.
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    bugs55678bugs55678 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic is trying to give you the obvious slip!

Warlocks are ranged! I see right through this deceit!

Why would they add another caster class so early? There's already 2 of them, and the game lacks a good ranged dps majorly. I know some may speculate that the CW is a dps ranged but if you want to take a second and look at the name "CONTROL wizard" the CW is mainly for crowd control and not for dealing dps at a ranged distance.

My vote is Ranger.
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Arcane Archer.

FYI, there's no AA in 4e DnD, and it's not even a starting class in 3e either.

It's not like most people who work on new classes could be useful for bug-fixing *shrug*
    bugs55678 wrote: »
    Why would they add another caster class so early? There's already 2 of them, and the game lacks a good ranged dps majorly. I know some may speculate that the CW is a dps ranged but if you want to take a second and look at the name "CONTROL wizard" the CW is mainly for crowd control and not for dealing dps at a ranged distance.

My vote is Ranger.

Well, DC can be built as a good enough ranged/AoE DPS. CW is mostly a support class indeed.

I do hope it's a ranger, but I suspect it'll be something else just to make me feel bad :P
  • Options
    phoenixrte69phoenixrte69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Funny thing is that some Posts are missing... Anyhone talking about Warlocks and Rangers havent been affected but every posts talking about Bards just disappeared o.O
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Funny thing is that some Posts are missing... Anyhone talking about Warlocks and Rangers havent been affected but every posts talking about Bards just disappeared o.O
    Conspiracy! Everyone get out your tinfoil hats!
    *hides*
  • Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'd love to play an archer, but I'm worried about the 'auto aim' mechanics that Neverwinter uses. I've tried playing a Cleric and a Wizard, but I found them impossible, because the auto aim made me really sea sick after a few minutes. It's also incredibly frustrating having to constantly fight with the camera.

So if they release a ranged class, I hope they also give us an option to turn off the auto aim/targeting system. Otherwise, I'll still be stuck with the melee classes *sad face*.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    klixan wrote: »
    I'd love to play an archer, but I'm worried about the 'auto aim' mechanics that Neverwinter uses. I've tried playing a Cleric and a Wizard, but I found them impossible, because the auto aim made me really sea sick after a few minutes. It's also incredibly frustrating having to constantly fight with the camera.

So if they release a ranged class, I hope they also give us an option to turn off the auto aim/targeting system. Otherwise, I'll still be stuck with the melee classes *sad face*.
    If you target an enemy and hold "ctrl" you lock onto that enemy and can move around and it just stays locked on them
  • Options
    scavionscavion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really disappointed they're putting out MORE strikers @_@. We need another Defender and Leader! Gimme my Paladin and Warlord!
  • Options
    vylkervylker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    A warlock could make me wet
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    vylker wrote: »
    A warlock would make me wet
    This. So many times this.
  • Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If you target an enemy and hold "ctrl" you lock onto that enemy and can move around and it just stays locked on them

Now you tell me :). But how do you use skills if you're holding down ctrl? Can the ranged classes kill with just 'at will' attacks?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    klixan wrote: »
    Now you tell me :). But how do you use skills if you're holding down ctrl? Can the ranged classes kill with just 'at will' attacks?
    Even holding control your encounter powers all work fine I've found
  • Options
    nekoakureinekoakurei Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great. More damage. Just what we need. And another class to outshine GF and GWF. Yippee.
  • Options
    phoenixrte69phoenixrte69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nah seriously, next Class will be a Ranged Bard, as shown in Players Handbook 2, unfortunately... o.O
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013

Let's not throw around false accusations. ;)

I am not sure if you were joking but none of the moderators have touched a single post in this thread.

Bard, Ranger, Warlock...I'd be happy with any of them.
    But I would be much happier with my Dual Weapon Ranger! :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013

I am not sure if you were joking but none of the moderators have touched a single post in this thread.

Alittle conspiracy here and there never actually killed anyone right ? Or has it... O.O
  • Options
    fallenjfallenj Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so how much you think they'll charge for a new class/race? im guessing 50.00
  • Options
    bugs55678bugs55678 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013

A bard is not a ranged class, a bard is a support class.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bugs55678 wrote: »
    A bard is not a ranged class, a bard is a support class.

Take a look at the Players Handbook 2 o.O
  • Options
    anglachel87anglachel87 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's gonna be a Ranger/Archer for sure, take a look at the class symbol which is "coming soon" at the class select.
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

I'd be much happier knowing that the exploits detailed and linked to a few days ago are being or have been addressed rather than a release of new classes. Maybe they have been and I missed the post, but I really think priorities need to be reevaluated if they have not been at least investigated.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

No. Go back to your cage :P

Seriously though, we've got enough melee classes for now, including a dual-wielding single-target DPS class :)
    clcmercy wrote: »
    I'd be much happier knowing that the exploits detailed and linked to a few days ago are being or have been addressed rather than a release of new classes. Maybe they have been and I missed the post, but I really think priorities need to be reevaluated if they have not been at least investigated.

FYI, a quote:

"So, while our engineers, testers, and other team members are addressing maintenance, upkeep, bugs, and network issues, our content creators and artists are working on lots of new things for the game." (edited for emphasis) http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=896631

Different people with different skills work on different things. That's incredibly common. You can't ask a graphics designer to fix coding bugs. As long as both groups do their respective jobs, it's fine.
    fallenj wrote: »
    so how much you think they'll charge for a new class/race? im guessing 50.00

They have previously stated, definitively, that they will not charge for additional content. I'm willing to trust them until proven wrong.
  • Options
    skruffsskruffs Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hoping its a ranger!! have saved a char slot to make one if so :)
  • Options
    lyfebanelyfebane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 312 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hopefully they might improve GFW a bit at the same time, otherwise I recon alot would jump to Ranger, admittedly I am not any where near 60, but at 28 I find I am not doing the dps I expected, though it ight change in the 30-35 levels? ie control wizard and cleric where out damageing me in dungeons and I had a pretty decent weapon and ok armor. I expected to be below a rog and a bit above a cleric, possible the same or alittle more than a CW. (some where lower level than me and most did not seem to have much better stuff)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not evil, I am just cursed.
  • Options
    baaroguebaarogue Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Because just what we need is more striker classes, mirite? 9_9