test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Ranged" class confirmed

werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
On top of that we've also got new, Paragon Paths, and a new class. I can’t share the details about the new class just yet, but as a hint, it’s going to be a "ranged" one.

Anyone else excited?
21.jpg
Post edited by werealchemist on

Comments

• Options
    mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I've been excited since I saw the advertisements for this game. The teasers about new classes only make me harder.
    Still overly optimistically hoping for Warlock. so much want >_<
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    Ranger !!!
  • Options
    warfluxwarflux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone else excited?

I prefer the blade but could be interesting.
  • Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Arcane Archer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    dynamicdyanmitedynamicdyanmite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic is trying to give you the obvious slip!

Warlocks are ranged! I see right through this deceit!
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic is trying to give you the obvious slip!

Warlocks are ranged! I see right through this deceit!

I am waiting for warlocks as well but with the pic that they posted on twitter yesterday (of what appeared to be a ranger) coupled with the fact that they placed the word "ranged" in quotes I am going to have to sigh, pick my head up and say it will be ranger.

Plus if they are creating a Scourge Warlock I doubt it will be considered a true ranged class since they are a CON-based caster that prefers to be in the thick of battle. At least that is what I gather from the 4e wiki.

Maybe they will give us BOTH. *puppy-dog eyes* Please!
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    teethxteethx Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Arcane Archer.

that woudl be cool.
  • Options
    arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm hoping it's the archer ranger so I can play my DnD 3.5 archer, Nurzhan of the Oasis, in a 4e video game. He's a half-orc archer from Calimshan who follows Waukeen. Too bad I can't choose Waukeen as my patron goddess in NWO... Sadpanda.jpg
    Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
  • Options
    c0mixfanc0mixfan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    I was flabbergasted when I first learned of this game and it's classed to find there was no archer class!

It's a fantasy staple, and IMO Neverwinter is in desperate need of its addition. The game will feel more well-rounded and more "whole" with the archer ranger's inclusion.
    Please play, rate, & review my very first Foundry Quest!

The X Factor Campaign NWS-DCO7OKB6F

Quest #1: The Morning After NW-D13LX4M93

Quest #2 Coming Soon!

Just for fun - Night of the Werebeast! NW-DT5EIZKZZ
  • Options
    yultyult Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well, new classes, especially popular ones, are pretty much the only thing that has a chance of saving this game, or at least pulling up on the death spiral a bit. I'm guessing the class will be deliberately overpowered as well.

They'll probably have to release the warlock in early June as well to try to control the bleeding that is all but inevitable at this point.
  • Options
    not1nameleftnot1nameleft Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yult wrote: »
    Well, new classes, especially popular ones, are pretty much the only thing that has a chance of saving this game, or at least pulling up on the death spiral a bit. I'm guessing the class will be deliberately overpowered as well.

They'll probably have to release the warlock in early June as well to try to control the bleeding that is all but inevitable at this point.

The game could do with a few less tools IMO
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm still holding out for Warsling Sniper Class! :D
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    kaninchenkaninchen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want an archer class, so I'm excited about this news!
  • Options
    thetravelingboythetravelingboy Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Warlock, or the cute kitten gets it!
  • Options
    deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited May 2013
    It's a TRAP!..."ranged one" when in fact it's going to be a ranger who is going to be a melee class...I see through your deception cryptic .-.
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Warlock, or the cute kitten gets it!

I'm torn... I agree, I want the warlock but **** for some reason I have a strong dislike for cats at the moment. ;)

I need to sleep on it...
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    shadoewraythshadoewrayth Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why is everyone complaining so much about classes, especially ranged ones... There's really only one class anyways: Cleric... and it is ranged!! :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Why is everyone complaining so much about classes, especially ranged ones... There's really only one class anyways: Cleric... and it is ranged!! :D

This thread isn't complaining, it's excitedly theorizing about the next class coming to the game. Emphasis on "excitedly" :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Battle Cleric with mace and shield!!! nao

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    coolestdude0103coolestdude0103 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm pumped to try a ranged class for sure. I Sorta enjoy the challenge of playing my GWF. Pretty weak sauce compared to my friend's cleric (who out damages me all the time!), but still fun!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zurkhon wrote: »
    Battle Cleric with mace and shield!!! nao

^^ THIS I would get behind!! PLEASE let me stop swinging that god-awful symbol around and NOT using a shield!!

First thing I looked for when I heard they were making 4th edition D&D into an online game: Avenger... second was Paladin... but alas, neither to be found... so had to go with the best of all they had: cleric...
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    Arcane Ranger would be good, but I prefer Bard Ranger actually
  • Options
    byonahbyonah Member Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    I would reroll from TR to Ranger if they bring one. WTB bows and arrows.

Unfortunately its most likely a Warlock and not a Ranger.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The thing that scares me about Ranger... they will probably have to store their arrows in their bags, OR they could get a quiver... which will only cost 1000 zen if you want one...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The thing that scares me about Ranger... they will probably have to store their arrows in their bags, OR they could get a quiver... which will only cost 1000 zen if you want one...
    yah the idea of having to keep ammo in stock frightens me. Especially with the outrageous AD and gold prices for consumables
  • Options
    tsatixtsatix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really looking forward to the thrill of being hit by an unavoidable archer daily that does 31k on an armored character.
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013

I dont think so, did you forgot TR? his throwing knife has no ammo either, only wait reload
  • Options
    necrodaggernecrodagger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "ranged" one can be lots of classes

prolly ranger though anyway
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I personally want a new 'leader' class... we have strikers: TR & GWF*; controllers: Wizard & Cleric (secondary); Defender: Guardian & GWF(secondary); Leader: Cleric

*Listed as 'damage dealer', but that is what the striker's job is... so if it says Damage Dealer and Defender, then that means Striker and Defender...

The only role that doesn't have 2 classes listed, is Leader... we need another leader type. Not more DPS types...
  • Options
    aislingiaislingi Member Posts: 140 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Doubt you'll need arrows. They'll probably do the same thing they do with rogue throwing daggers. Only you'll probably get a larger stockpile.
    I wanna go back to being weird. I like being weird. Weird's all I got, oh, and my sweet style. -Maurice Moss, The IT Crowd