test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry Quest Streams

runis12runis12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Hi, Foundry Friends, :) (Link to stream channel: http://www.twitch.tv/sillybard12)

Would you like your quest streamed/recorded and reviewed? :) Raw. Unedited. I'm new to it, but I'd love to do some Foundry play-throughs and reviews through streaming/recording. :)

Changed headsets, still seem to have a small static issue. All I can recommend for now is that if it's uncomfortable, please turn down the volume. Will be working on fixing it today. :)

COMPLETE:
========

The Lady and the Worm - NW-DPQPJSVTH - duskdweller78 (5/27)
http://www.twitch.tv/sillybard12/b/409043812

Tomb of Wernar - NW-DJGYNI7NH - keylord02 (5/24)
I'm sorry to say that I accidentally deleted this video...!:( No link. I sent you a PM...!

Part 1: The Black Hand in Blacklake - NW-DTET2QLF4 - delthanin (5/24)
http://www.twitch.tv/sillybard12/b/407631308 and
http://www.twitch.tv/sillybard12/b/407638543 Last four minutes were cut off due to almost-d/c.

Any cave can lead to adventure - NW-DQF4T7QYH - coanunn (5/24)
http://www.twitch.tv/sillybard12/b/407730345

The Goblin King - NW-DQCUE9WKW - aggropotato (5/23)
http://www.twitch.tv/sillybard12/b/407261527

Conflict between sworn enemies - NWS-DB3HIQPRH - Havoc988 (5/23)
http://www.twitch.tv/sillybard12/b/407310429

TO DO LIST (MAX 15 queue)(Estimated day of review!):
=========

POSSIBLE REPLAY (due to a technical problem on my end):
===========================================

1. Tomb of Wernar - NW-DJGYNI7NH - keylord02
Post edited by runis12 on

Comments

• aggropotatoaggropotato Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'd like mine reviewed!

Play "The Goblin King" - an original comedy combat romp for action fans! They're only goblins, right?

DjJa8CU.jpg

Search for NW-DQCUE9WKW in the Foundry.

Gameplay tip: Slow and steady wins the race; be careful of what you pull!
    JtuEMvw.jpg
  • havoclhavocl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    If you'll have time, checkout my quests, they're in my signature.
    Conflict between sworn enemies (NWS-DB3HIQPRH) by Havoc988 :
    It started with a burglary
    Then it got friendly
    But it ended badly
  • delthanindelthanin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I would love for you to check out my quest!

Info/code is in the signature. Look forward to your feedback!
  • coanunncoanunn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 368 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I would love to see you run through mine, even without a lot of verbal feedback! I learned a ton about what works and what doesn't by watching Ashally's video of my work, seeing someone's actual experience lets me see how it feels to someone who doesn't know where to look for the eastereggs.

Any cave can lead to adventure - NW-DQF4T7QYH
    Do you crave a good old fashioned dungeon crawl? One where the dungeon tells it's own story? The Dungeon Delves campaign is just for you! Start with my first release: NW-DQF4T7QYH Any cave can lead to adventure!
  • runis12runis12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks guys. :) You are helping me too. I'll get on these right away (when servers permit!)
  • keylord02keylord02 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pick me too! I've also been learning a lot about what works and what doesn't work from watching people play through mine! Quest code's in my sig!
    Tomb of Wernar by @Lya
    Short code: NW-DJGYNI7NH

In this old school-style adventure, the hero(es) explore an old ruined castle while searching for a fabled magic item at the behest of a wizard.
    edited May 2013
    Thank you, keylord02! I'm excited to try these out! :)
  • ash4llash4ll Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hey there, fellow streamer :)
    I've already started streaming recently and I think all of those I've reviewed would definietly like you to try it too:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?280212-Ashally-streaming!
    So if you get some time, try them, i bet they will love to get some more reviews.
    Review trades - Need to trade review? Read first post for further info.
    Siegebreaker - NW-DGDPWV2U5 - story about the ambush, escape and great rescue of the city.
    I'm a streamer and I know it!
    edited May 2013
    Hello, friends. I just completed my first review. I'm sorry for sicky voice and my "S"'s. :) If you happen to like the way I play or review or comment or whatever, please reply here for me to check out your quest! Also if there's anything I could improve on my end, please do tell. This is my first time streaming/recording myself, so I'm a nub. :)
    edited May 2013
    Thanks ash4ll :). I might do that. Trying not to bite off more than I can chew. :)
  • duskdweller78duskdweller78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Besides my quest: The Lady and the Worm - NW-DPQPJSVTH
    I also suggest you to try:
    @Enderk03 - A Hero Blooms - NW-DAX7KNVZU
    @Stebss - The Spellthief Trials - NW-DM900IFHK
    Campaign:Different Seasons
    Author: @BardicKnowledge
    Q1: Prologue - The Lady and the Worm NW-DPQPJSVTH
    Tags: #Challenge, #Story, #Solo, #Group
  • xenopz1xenopz1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would be very grateful if you could take a look at my little quest: The Lich Queen's Challenge: NW-DEDSKHOIP. It has already received a few very positive reviews, but desperately needs more people trying it out.
  • ash4llash4ll Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hey, I've watched some parts of the stream recording and I'd like to give some feedback!
    - Your microphone is a bit too close to your mouth (mine is too far, but it's another story :P), it gives very unpleasant noise when you're speaking
    - post link directly to stream in the first post
    - gamer girl <3
    - use companions! they would help you a lot
    - you might have had better rotation, but it's pretty irrelevant.
    Liked the video!
    Review trades - Need to trade review? Read first post for further info.
    Siegebreaker - NW-DGDPWV2U5 - story about the ambush, escape and great rescue of the city.
    I'm a streamer and I know it!
  • aggropotatoaggropotato Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    runis12 wrote: »
    Hello, friends. I just completed my first review. I'm sorry for sicky voice and my "S"'s. :) If you happen to like the way I play or review or comment or whatever, please reply here for me to check out your quest! Also if there's anything I could improve on my end, please do tell. This is my first time streaming/recording myself, so I'm a nub. :)

Hi runis12!

Just watched your review! Thank you for your kind comments and feedback, I'm glad you had fun! Play through this with other classes - the kits won't work with dialogue skill checks, I think.

My original idea was for a duo or group to run this, so that they could share what the skill checks revealed, to encourage interaction. There's a skill check for every class :)

Maybe I'll tinker the skill checks to be less exclusive ...

Cheers,
    Aggropotato
    JtuEMvw.jpg
  • drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sure give Planescape a try!

Link in my signature to all the quests, or run a search for drakedge2 or "Planescape"

Also I watched some of your recorded videos of other foundry plays. Good stuff, but try moving Your mic above your mouth, it screeches each time you breathe into it.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
    edited May 2013
    Thanks ash4ll. :)

- Aha, I've heard about the mic thing. Just bought this one and I can move it very little - can only move it up - but I'll give that a try next time.

- Hmm, they take me directly to the stream when I click them. I'll check on that. :) I'm internets stream nub.

- Yah!

- Right, companions. :) I knew those existed..... cough

- Skill rotation? probably :)
    edited May 2013
    Thanks guys, I completed my 2nd review. Thank you for the mic advice, and I"ll get working on those links. Sorry the sound was unpleasant! I was , obviously, using Twitch TV and I"m new to using it. :) If anyone can help with the links, that'd be shiny.
    edited May 2013
    Stream is on hold at the moment, getting some food and such. It wouldn't be fair to start someone's quest when I'm hungry or tired or feeling rushed to finish it. :)
  • darkaninddarkanind Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    Pirate's Cove: NW-DUCYKYQHA

Been watching some people stream Foundries, you get a good insight on what people think about as they play through it. Mine has 3 plays and only 1 review so far.
    edited May 2013
    Hello, friends! Just finished a review on Part 1: The Black Hand in Blacklake (NW-DTET2QLF4 - by delthanin). I'm unaware the mic is still a little fuzzy (it's all the way up and on my head, and still sounds like it's at my mouth!). I'm trying to work on that. All I can recommend currently is to maybe listen to videos at half volume. :)
  • dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sure mate, that would be cool! In sig below. Cheers,
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
    edited May 2013
    Yay, you're back! I'm excited to watch mine when ya get to it. :)
    Tomb of Wernar by @Lya

In this old school-style adventure, the hero(es) explore an old ruined castle while searching for a fabled magic item at the behest of a wizard.
  • voivodakvoivodak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Try also with mine quest if you want. Link is in my sign.
    Thank you in advance
    My Campaign and Quest :

Campaign - In The Streams of Inferno
    Act I : The Fear That Freeze - nw-dnuzsyeey
    Act II : Demons Never Sleep - nw-dbj2us96n
  • delthanindelthanin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Thank you so much for reviewing my quest! :D Just saw the recording, unfortunately missed it live.

I REALLY need to put in a better description for the full campaign. I focused mostly on the quest itself and forgot to go back and fix that.

SPOILERS
    The interactable in front of the misty room is different information you get depending on what skill your class has (Arcana, Religion, Dungeoneering, Thievery, Nature whenever Ranger becomes available). Arcana/Religion tends to give you a bit more information on the ritual being cast and explains that it might be in your best interest to interrupt him, the other skills mostly relay that you aren't familiar with magic, but you can probably continue on without him noticing you. I didn't want to make it a requirement to inspect the room that way by putting in an impassable invisible wall, so I made it passable.

The undead were meant to come out after you kill him, since you interrupted him as he was still casting the ritual. If you don't fight him, he'll eventually finish the ritual and start roaming the cave along with 4 undead creatures, possibly engaging you while you're already fighting someone else.

I didn't notice the constant respawning of the sleeping Nasher, thanks for catching that.

Pretty annoyed that I still managed to miss a few errors in the dialogue after the number of passes I made to try to catch all of them. :(

I think I'll go ahead and see about making an area before you actually get into the cave. When I see someone else play, it does seem sort of sudden to get to the hideout without doing a little bit in the forest.

Again, thanks for the review, I enjoyed watching!
    edited May 2013
    Thanks a lot, Delthanin, for letting me play that. :) Hope seeing me go through it gave you a little insight on the what-could-happens and stuff. Glad I could set your attention to the respawning Nasher guy! As I recall, there were very little spelling/grammar errors in your dialogue. I was very pleased. :) Haha, this is why we let people review I guess! To catch the little stuff! Don't sweat it, you did fine. Hope to see more of your questline! Thanks for explaining the fog to me!
  • silithas97silithas97 Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    I have one I would like to have tested, basically brand new. Specs are...
    Name/code :An Adventure To Die For (NW-DD9NYO9ZP)
    Author : @silithas97
    Length: average 15mins
    Focus : Light-hearted tale with a medium amount of combat
    edited May 2013
    Hi, friends, just reviewed Any cave can lead to adventure - NW-DQF4T7QYH - by coanunn. If you have any suggestions for how I can stream better, or review better, please do tell. :) I'm pretty new at this. I am getting to your Foundries, no worries! As a reminder, I have sick voice, and I know about the problem with my mic. Another thing - I can be seen working on my own foundry when I'm taking a break from reviewing. haha :)
    edited May 2013
    Just a lil update - seems like doing reviews after 5PM PST will be tough due to....life! Ha. So I think it's safe to say that you don't have to keep looking back here if it's not up before 5PM PST. I will do it the next day. I'll get to them! It's fun playing your foundries! Thanks!~ :)
  • coanunncoanunn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 368 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    runis12 wrote: »
    Hi, friends, just reviewed Any cave can lead to adventure - NW-DQF4T7QYH - by coanunn. If you have any suggestions for how I can stream better, or review better, please do tell. :) I'm pretty new at this. I am getting to your Foundries, no worries! As a reminder, I have sick voice, and I know about the problem with my mic. Another thing - I can be seen working on my own foundry when I'm taking a break from reviewing. haha :)

Thank you for the review. It is rather obvious that you haven't used the foundry to create much yourself as several of the things you felt were issues are known issues within the foundry. The door in the prison is no different than any of the others, there is a bug that will put in the interaction regardless of the author leaving it out. It has appeared randomly on each of those doors for different testers.
    The invisble walls are an unfortunate necessity until they allow us to toggle NPC intereaction with monsters. Currently any time you have an NPC (the boss) who is in the same room as the monsters they have to be surrounded in invisible walls. The smallest of which is 20 feet long. Makes for some interesting issues like the one you had where you went behind the triangle of the boss while fighting him and got the mob stuck on it. Unfortunately, again this is outside the author's control.

I also have to admit I was rather upset you spent the entire review complaining about lack of story and you bypassed and didn't read any of the story entries. You walked past them all while complaining there wasn't sufficient story. It was also interesting to see you not read the dialog box about the building materials falling apart when you inspected them and then commenting that it must have been a bug when they disappeared.

Last but not least I am sorry you didn't feel challenged. Unfortunately the scaling of encounters is such that at level 29 or below it is SIGNIFICANTLY easier to run a foundry mission than it is at 30 or above when all of the monsters special abilities are active. I have actually had to reduce the difficulty of several of those encounters due to it leading to multiple deaths of higher level players.
    Do you crave a good old fashioned dungeon crawl? One where the dungeon tells it's own story? The Dungeon Delves campaign is just for you! Start with my first release: NW-DQF4T7QYH Any cave can lead to adventure!
    edited May 2013
    I think we can honestly learn more from having people who don't make foundry quests run our stuff. Better ways to place invisible walls so the player doesn't even realize they're running into one, finding out which story elements "pop out" and which ones get lost in the background, etc.

I eagerly await mine!
    Tomb of Wernar by @Lya