What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry Quest Streams

2»

Comments

• runis12runis12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi coanunn---!

It's true that I haven't done much Foundry and don't know the full list of issues that are out of an Author's control. Thanks for telling me about the random ghost interactable object. :) If you are referring to the rubble pile that was blocking the way, I believe the dialogue poofed on me before I could read it.

I did not expect much of a story from the description you gave the quest as a dungeon crawl. I'm sorry for any plot/story entries I may have missed during your dungeon! I have tried to explore as much as I can!

I do realize I am low level (22) and encounter difficulty is out of the Foundry author's control. I try to say that in my reviews when I remember to. I hope I was at least successful in giving you a newbie/low level's point of view of your quest. I really sincerely hope I wasn't seen as complaining. I just run through these quests and say whatever pops into my head. haha :)

I'd love to talk more about it if you'd like! Huzzah!
  • beeblebrox69beeblebrox69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Heya,

When you get a chance, I'd love to see a run through of my beast:

THE VAALYR PROPHECY - PROLOGUE: MISTY HOLLOW
    NW-DISM87G71
    THE VAALYR PROPHECY
    PROLOGUE: MISTY HOLLOW
    NW-DISM87G71
    CH.1: GOBLIN GROTTO
    NW-DSR6ZUDM2
    edited May 2013
    Hey keylord02! I played/reviewed/streamed your quest. Unfortunately, I accidentally deleted it! :( But if you'd like to talk about it more, that'd be cool. I don't know how you are about me just typing out a review with spoilers in it! Cough...I got a bad ending...then went back in... :) I could always re-stream/re-play it, but I'd know what's in there now! Up to you. I enjoyed your quest! I sent you a PM!
  • coanunncoanunn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 368 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Oh, one last thing, the image of the girl you said you hadn't seen before is the Royal Sarcophagus, I placed it inside the wall and floor in order to make it look like a stone relief.
    Do you crave a good old fashioned dungeon crawl? One where the dungeon tells it's own story? The Dungeon Delves campaign is just for you! Start with my first release: NW-DQF4T7QYH Any cave can lead to adventure!
    edited May 2013
    Aha, typed it in Foundry and saw the whole thing. I have seen it before! :) Saweet what you did with it.
  • delthanindelthanin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    runis12 wrote: »
    Hi coanunn---!

It's true that I haven't done much Foundry and don't know the full list of issues that are out of an Author's control.

On the plus side, not having complete knowledge of the Foundry yet and streaming it gives us a really good idea of what the majority of players are going to see and think when they run our quests. I've actually added more context to that invisible interactable in front of the mist-room in my quest due to your playthrough. I'm so used to thinking in terms of the Foundry and how this or that object works that it didn't occur to me that people would normally have no clue why "Interact" would pop out of the blue. Now it will actually say something like "(Arcana) Investigate the mist-filled room" when you hover over it."

Keep up the good work
  • markyx16markyx16 Member Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    I need a test run for The Thamus Blade. I did some major changes to how the story is delivered and the quest flow. Was hoping to get some decent feedback, mainly involving my creative use of the English language.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Creator of The Thamus Blade campaign
    Chapter 1 - Rescuing Answers: NW-DC64NKE5B
    Chapter 2 - Following the Horde: NW-DHVMWBW9D
    Chapter 3 - Memories: NW-DJHWOYMOY

Creator of The Golden Beard - NW-DCPDAN254
  • bruticus2112bruticus2112 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    NW-DBCA3LC05 Dark Souls the Depths
    edited May 2013
    On the plus side, not having complete knowledge of the Foundry yet and streaming it gives us a really good idea of what the majority of players are going to see and think when they run our quests.
    Glad I could help in some way! ...

keylord02- Thanks for PM, I replied again. My "Sent" box is a little dorky - I'm hoping I got that 2nd response to ya. :)
  • keylord02keylord02 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Glad I could help in some way! ...

keylord02- Thanks for PM, I replied again. My "Sent" box is a little dorky - I'm hoping I got that 2nd response to ya. :)

Got it, thanks! :) I've already drafted up a reply too
    Tomb of Wernar by @Lya
    Short code: NW-DJGYNI7NH

In this old school-style adventure, the hero(es) explore an old ruined castle while searching for a fabled magic item at the behest of a wizard.
  • xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You could play my quests!
  • xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tears of Selune - Feast of the Moon
    Short Code: NW-DADOERMFX

Tears of Selune - Rising of the Dark
    Short Code: NW-DBXOSCMMK
    edited May 2013
    Hey, thanks! I normally stream on just weekdays, but if you want me to see it right away and just give you a written review back through PM or on here, I'll be glad to do that too. Cheers!
  • havoclhavocl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    If you're interested in playing again, then I've finished the third (and last) part of my campaign: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?296301-Conflict-between-sworn-enemies-But-it-ended-badly
    Conflict between sworn enemies (NWS-DB3HIQPRH) by Havoc988 :
    It started with a burglary
    Then it got friendly
    But it ended badly
    edited May 2013
    Hi, friends! I just finished playing through The Lady and the Worm - NW-DPQPJSVTH - by duskdweller78 :). I posted a recording of the play-through! It is quite lengthy - it won't hurt my feelings if you don't want to watch it or you want to skip around. I like playing your quests guys! It helps for you to actually see someone go through your stuff, and I learn and get ideas for my own Foundry, my RL RPG game, and I get to enjoy everyone's creative juices....that sounded a little weird..!

Time for loads of water after that quest!
  • thesabotenderthesabotender Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • duskdweller78duskdweller78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi, friends! I just finished playing through The Lady and the Worm - NW-DPQPJSVTH - by duskdweller78 :). I posted a recording of the play-through! It is quite lengthy - it won't hurt my feelings if you don't want to watch it or you want to skip around. I like playing your quests guys! It helps for you to actually see someone go through your stuff, and I learn and get ideas for my own Foundry, my RL RPG game, and I get to enjoy everyone's creative juices....that sounded a little weird..!

Time for loads of water after that quest!

Thank you for taking the time to review my quest, it really helps seeing you play our quest!
    I've gotta to say that you've got an innate skill at dodging secrets, 3 of them were right in front of you but you missed them because you were scrolling too fast with your mouse when analyzing the rooms :)
    Campaign:Different Seasons
    Author: @BardicKnowledge
    Q1: Prologue - The Lady and the Worm NW-DPQPJSVTH
    Tags: #Challenge, #Story, #Solo, #Group
    edited May 2013
    I blame too much PVP in these games! :)
  • delthanindelthanin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for taking the time to review my quest, it really helps seeing you play our quest!
    I've gotta to say that you've got an innate skill at dodging secrets, 3 of them were right in front of you but you missed them because you were scrolling too fast with your mouse when analyzing the rooms :)

It's really nice to actually watch it as it's happening, though. If she's missing it, you can bet there are a few other people that are too.

I'm really glad we've got people willing to stream these things. Super helpful.
    edited May 2013
    I blame too much PVP in these games! :)

Also, I will send to your video review any sissy whining and moaning at the thieves guild officer's encounter for being *IMPOSSIBLE* in standard mode (by the way you missed the easy mode candle besides the mad guy at the beginning).

And yes, the name Katriel is from the DA book :)
    edited May 2013
    Haha :) At least I got something right. I do have a bad habit of swirling camera too fast. :) That is the Cornelius guy (thief guild officer)? I felt a little newbish dying to him. "Don't stand in bad!" but I was running my mouf. :)
    edited May 2013
    Haha :) At least I got something right. I do have a bad habit of swirling camera too fast. :) That is the Cornelius guy (thief guild officer)? I felt a little newbish dying to him. "Don't stand in bad!" but I was running my mouf. :)

Yeah, you didn't pay attention to the red circle beneath your feet.
    But you were really "pro" when in the officer's room (baba/yaga) you went for the archers first. :)