test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So they are going to balance classes?

scan69scan69 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
iy0t wrote: »
I dont understand why this Rogues doesnt like this comming class balance. They got everything all the love is on them right now and why they still complaining?

I don't get this

What balancing is required? The rogue is a pure single target DPS class.

The GWF is good for offtanking and a little bit of DPS/control.

The GF is great for soaking up huge hits and main tanking. (I do agree that the game is broken and GF's are not needed)

The Control Wizards CONTROL not DPS but CONTROL. They are there to control mobs and do some but not the main bulk of DPS.

So the original poster im responding too makes no sense, when they release a DPS wizard THEN they might have argument to balance DPS but otherwise it makes no sense at all.
Post edited by scan69 on

Comments

• Options
    l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They can't even get their auction house to work correctly, you think class balances are coming soon? RoFlz!
  • Options
    atlanticx1atlanticx1 Member Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    good wizard can do serious dps during trash aoe, their single target dps relatively lower compared to rogue.. but compared to cw and gwf rogue has almost no aoe
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    l1d3n wrote: »
    They can't even get their auction house to work correctly, you think class balances are coming soon? RoFlz!

No, I didn't say class balances are coming. Im saying that to balance classes at all is ridiculous.
  • Options
    ceonnynceonnyn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    scan69 wrote: »
    I don't get this

The GF is great for soaking up huge hits and main tanking. (I do agree that the game is broken and GF's are not needed)

The Control Wizards CONTROL not DPS but CONTROL. They are there to control mobs and do some but not the main bulk of DPS.

So the original poster im responding too makes no sense, when they release a DPS wizard THEN they might have argument to balance DPS but otherwise it makes no sense at all.

You sir are ignorant of the fact that feats and powers are broken for GF and GWF.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    atlanticx1 wrote: »
    good wizard can do serious dps during trash aoe, their single target dps relatively lower compared to rogue.. but compared to cw and gwf rogue has almost no aoe

If a CW is trying to DPS as a main focus then he is a bad CW. I have actually completed the game. I have no more PvE content to do, I also roll with some very experienced and skilled players. If we see or trial a CW and he is just trying to maximize his DPS then we know he is a bad player.

Control wizards are designed to control, when operating at optimal efficiency a CW is not a DPS class at all.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ceonnyn wrote: »
    You sir are ignorant of the fact that feats and powers are broken for GF and GWF.

I thought I wrote they are broken, sir it is you that cannot read.
  • Options
    pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you are repeating hearsay and opinion. No point speculating on what somebody else believes is happening until we know exactly what's happening.
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    you are repeating hearsay and opinion. No point speculating on what somebody else believes is happening until we know exactly what's happening.

I would agree with this. But I enjoy discussing this material.
  • Options
    iy0tiy0t Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't get this

So your Rogue right? forget it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Oh by all means. Have the conversation that you want to have. That's healthy and often informative. I just thought it was bad form to give legs to rumour, which is what the quoted post was. As you were soldier ;)
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    harming18harming18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    You cant call a DPS focused player a BAD Player. Just because he doesn't do what you want him to do doesn't mean hes bad, just means he probably doesn't care what you have to say. For example im a strictly pvp CW, fully ST damage build stacking Tene's for damage. Shure id be bad at your pve, but idc about pve. Get the Picture?
  • Options
    primerib41primerib41 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    I haven't really done the end game content. If there's something like an enrage timer on a boss or otherwise there's a dps race in place, then you need to look at class balance, otherwise it doesn't matter (for PvE).

Obviously PvP is a whole separate issue.
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If a CW is trying to DPS as a main focus then he is a bad CW.

Is a GF that focuses on damage a bad GF? Let's even ignore the fact that other trees have so many broken feats that they are not viable.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If a CW is trying to DPS as a main focus then he is a bad CW.

A CW built for maximum dps still has enough control capabilities for all of the current content. There is simply no need to sacrifice damage for even more control, because it is not needed and does not make a meaningful difference. It's a common misconception.
    If we see or trial a CW and he is just trying to maximize his DPS then we know he is a bad player.

I feel that this shows that you don't understand the class, haven't done sufficient testing (can't blame you, the amount I and others have spent on respec tokens is a little silly) or lack a deeper understanding of the feats (many of which are broken) and trees, and how they benefit the cc capabilities (and how they do not).

Now if you mean playstyle and paying attention, e.g. someone not using cc when it would be helpful and instead unloading another damage spell, that's different. But for the build itself there is no reason not to spec for maximum damage as either renegade or thaumaturge wizard. Not doing so needlessly lowers the overall damage for no actually noticeable gain (future content may change this).

Now, if you are a rogue player, I can understand why you may feel threatened by an actually good CW and instead opt for self-gimped wizards!. :p
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    kayl72kayl72 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If the GWF is meant for offtanking, he should have a consistant way to generate threat. A chance when you crit to generate some threat is not going to let them off tank anything.
    If the GWF is meant for a little bit of DPS, he should not need to have the highest gear score in the party to come above the cleric in damage done.
    If the GWF is meant for control, he should have more then one control based move.

The GWF cannot do anything well except PVP. They need to deal way more threat, and be less gear dependent for there DPS.

Also. Rogues do atleast double the dps of the next person, however they also have just as much CC and off tanking abilities as everyone else. Either the rogues damage needs to be lowered, or everyone elses raised.
  • Options
    ceonnynceonnyn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Maybe you should try to not get too carried away with your discussing, it seems a bit pointless at this point in time.
  • Options
    tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am extremely good in pvp. I play every class and my favorite to play is TR and then GWF because I love ultra fast and both those classes can move extremely fast. I feel that the game is fairly balance right now if everybody is using the same gears and if everybody was the same level. There are other things that unbalances it like the scaling bug and of course, equipments. Everyone should already notice that equipment is very very important and makes a huge difference, especially enchants and those non-combat companions. I know a person that I've gone up against in pvp arena that I destroyed, but after he got his cat, I cannot beat him 1 on 1.

As a TR, I can kill most classes in a 3-4 hit combo if I can pull it off perfectly and my daily has to be available. However, if my daily is not available, going 1 on 1, a CW can kill me instantly with 1 CC and their daily. A GWF can keep me knocked down and kill me with a 3 hit combo that involves their burst damage daily. A Cleric can put up astral shield and use hallowed grounds and kill me if I decide to go toe to toe. A GF can knock me down 2 times and kill me with their burst attacks.

As you can see, any class can kill each other quickly if built correct using the right daily that does burst damage. I think everyone, myself included, thinks that the pvp is unbalanced because we sometimes go up against somebody who is much more geared. I finally realized that after facing the same opponents a few times in one night and saw the major difference once I got the right level and gears. In one match, a GF was owning me 1 on 1 and i could do nothing cause I was knocked down while he burst damaged me. Few hours later, I went up against the same GF and I destroyed him completely because I got new weapons and gears and also got to level 59. (I was 54 when I fought him)

Actually, I think this deserves it's own post.
  • Options
    kayl72kayl72 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    primerib41 wrote: »
    I haven't really done the end game content. If there's something like an enrage timer on a boss or otherwise there's a dps race in place, then you need to look at class balance, otherwise it doesn't matter (for PvE).

Obviously PvP is a whole separate issue.

I dont understand why an enrage timer would matter. Lets say we have two partys, the only difference is one has two rogues, and the other has a cw and gwf. Each equal geared party is able to kill the boss, but the party with two rogues does it within 5 minuets, and the party without any rogue takes about 10-15 minuets on the boss.
    From my current experience, that is how this game goes, and in my opinion this is highly imbalanced and needs to be addressed. Either rogues need there damage about halfed, or everyone else needs there damage almost doubled.
  • Options
    breagandaerthbreagandaerth Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Because all the pvp cry babies will eventually win. They won't stop until CW can't cc, rogues can't dps, tanks can't block, gf can't stun burst, and cleric's can't heal. If you search the threads enough you will find a nerf this class to every class in this game. Once every gets their fair share of the nerf bat pve is going to suck. Give your thanks to the dbags who think their toon is underpowered going into 60 pvp with gs of 5k.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kayl72 wrote: »
    If the GWF is meant for offtanking, he should have a consistant way to generate threat. A chance when you crit to generate some threat is not going to let them off tank anything.
    If the GWF is meant for a little bit of DPS, he should not need to have the highest gear score in the party to come above the cleric in damage done.
    If the GWF is meant for control, he should have more then one control based move.

The GWF cannot do anything well except PVP. They need to deal way more threat, and be less gear dependent for there DPS.

Also. Rogues do atleast double the dps of the next person, however they also have just as much CC and off tanking abilities as everyone else. Either the rogues damage needs to be lowered, or everyone elses raised.

I'm not sure the GWF is meant for off tanking. Greater survivability yes, but in the holy trinity of this kind of thing ( if it applied ) then you'd prefer a damage specced tank to off tank. I see the GWF more like the 2h fury warrior in wow a few years back before they made that tree viable. Great fun but nobody wanted him in a group. DPS not up with the wizards and survivability not up there with the druid tanks.

I expect they can fix it. Whether they will is another matter. It's not really what they are good at after all. Might be time to bite the bullet and employ someone with experience in this type of game. because 3 years working on an aged proprietary engine in STO and CO won't help you understand the intricacies of an RPG MMO.
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    yukishiro3yukishiro3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    No. Classes will never be balanced and if you play this game for balanced PVP you're just foolish.

There is little money to be gained from balanced classes. There is lots of money to be gained from introducing new, overpowered classes.

Mark my words. Rangers will be scarily overpowered when they first come out. Then once they've milked every easy mark for their ranger dollars they'll nerf the class, right about when they introduce the next overpowered class.
  • Options
    yushirokaneyushirokane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't get this

Thats why everyine is running Castle Never with 2 DC 2 CW and a TR, because balance is soo great, omg
    As GWF with 11.5 gs and full upgraded ioun st i havent found a group in 3 days and get autokicked from every queu i join
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thats why everyine is running Castle Never with 2 DC 2 CW and a TR, because balance is soo great, omg
    As GWF with 11.5 gs and full upgraded ioun st i havent found a group in 3 days and get autokicked from every queu i join

This is your personal experience. You are generalizing when you don't really know what everyone is running in Castle Never. I've been in successful parties that had 2 clerics, 2 GWF, and 1 CW. (I was one of the GWF) I've also been in a party with 1 GF, 1 cleric, 1 GWF, and 2 CW. (I was the GWF)
  • Options
    dartakxdartakx Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yukishiro3 wrote: »
    No. Classes will never be balanced and if you play this game for balanced PVP you're just foolish.

There is little money to be gained from balanced classes. There is lots of money to be gained from introducing new, overpowered classes.

Mark my words. Rangers will be scarily overpowered when they first come out. Then once they've milked every easy mark for their ranger dollars they'll nerf the class, right about when they introduce the next overpowered class.

It would make sense except it's been stated several time that they will not sell the next classes/races they plan to introduce.

But I've seen this opinion/comment many many time in a different popular game. Most of the time people with low knowledge about the class makes many wrongful claims and assumptions, seeing only the good thing and ignoring the bad thing, until everyone knows how to adapt their game and then it becomes common knowledge that the "said class" has strengths and weaknesses like all the other classes.

Often those misconception are generally claimed when something is hurting the "current meta" since people would like the current meta to be a true proven theory that is eternal and finite without any exception, to feel secure the game will remains the same without affecting them in the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm really sad to read about GF and GWF being shunned for groups. I got my wizzy to 60, but got sick of the long queues. I rolled a tank and got him to 60, but once I hit T2 content, I felt about as useful as a companion in groups. Running around like a fool trying to get agro, then having my block gone in a second anyway, etc broken broken class.

Now I'm back to my wizard, and I feel a new level of pity watching tanks struggle with the broken tools they have in groups now that I know the pain.

I'm fine with rogues doing best ST DPS of course, but they are either too good, or they are fine and the other classes are gimp. Likely the latter.

Fix:

Heal agro
    Tank agro
    GWF agro/DPS/survivability

Then let's look at wizards and TR and if they need an adjustment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bcvapor wrote: »
    I'm really sad to read about GF and GWF being shunned for groups. I got my wizzy to 60, but got sick of the long queues. I rolled a tank and got him to 60, but once I hit T2 content, I felt about as useful as a companion in groups. Running around like a fool trying to get agro, then having my block gone in a second anyway, etc broken broken class.

Now I'm back to my wizard, and I feel a new level of pity watching tanks struggle with the broken tools they have in groups now that I know the pain.

I'm fine with rogues doing best ST DPS of course, but they are either too good, or they are fine and the other classes are gimp. Likely the latter.

Fix:

Heal agro
    Tank agro
    GWF agro/DPS/survivability

Then let's look at wizards and TR and if they need an adjustment.

Heal aggro countered by astral shield build and a good GWF to kill adds quickly on the cleric.

Tank aggro countered by letting the CW or GWF kill adds and only focusing on tanking the big targets like the boss.

GWF aggro/dps/survivability = GWF doesn't need to keep aggro and can top the damage charts if doing what they are suppose to do, kill adds.

CW = Job is to enfeeble big targets and help control the aggro on the clerics

TR = Job to dps the boss and clear big target adds when they spawn. (Or control adds on clerics with smoke bomb)

If everyone understood that this was a team game, and stop making false statements about certain classes being shunned, this snowball effect of everyone thinking certain classes are bad would not happen. I have been kicked out of a party before it started as a GWF one time only, but now I go with the same groups because I've proven to them that I can do my job and keep our cleric alive.
  • Options
    bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, sorry, you don't know squat then. Or I totally disagree with you at the least. Good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tenkuro wrote: »
    Heal aggro countered by astral shield build and a good GWF to kill adds quickly on the cleric.

Tank aggro countered by letting the CW or GWF kill adds and only focusing on tanking the big targets like the boss.

GWF aggro/dps/survivability = GWF doesn't need to keep aggro and can top the damage charts if doing what they are suppose to do, kill adds.

CW = Job is to enfeeble big targets and help control the aggro on the clerics

TR = Job to dps the boss and clear big target adds when they spawn. (Or control adds on clerics with smoke bomb)

If everyone understood that this was a team game, and stop making false statements about certain classes being shunned, this snowball effect of everyone thinking certain classes are bad would not happen. I have been kicked out of a party before it started as a GWF one time only, but now I go with the same groups because I've proven to them that I can do my job and keep our cleric alive.

Just because there is a way to play the character in a group dynamic does nothing to alter the fact that GF and GWF are being kicked from auto-queued groups based upon nothing more than they are not required by the others.

bleat all you want about your capabilities but it still remains fact that nobody wants your class given the choice.
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    yultyult Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If a CW is trying to DPS as a main focus then he is a bad CW. I have actually completed the game. I have no more PvE content to do, I also roll with some very experienced and skilled players. If we see or trial a CW and he is just trying to maximize his DPS then we know he is a bad player.

Control wizards are designed to control, when operating at optimal efficiency a CW is not a DPS class at all.
    Lol.. listen to this guy.