Options

So they are going to balance classes?

2»

Comments

• Options
    scan69scan69 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kayl72 wrote: »
    I dont understand why an enrage timer would matter. Lets say we have two partys, the only difference is one has two rogues, and the other has a cw and gwf. Each equal geared party is able to kill the boss, but the party with two rogues does it within 5 minuets, and the party without any rogue takes about 10-15 minuets on the boss.
    From my current experience, that is how this game goes, and in my opinion this is highly imbalanced and needs to be addressed. Either rogues need there damage about halfed, or everyone else needs there damage almost doubled.

This is what I mean by dumb.

The rogue is the main DPS class, if you want single target DPS then get a rogue in your party.

Otherwise an argument that rogues should be able to heal would be equally valid.

Balance the healing!!

===

The game is designed to have the rogue DPS the CW controlling, the GWF maybe killing adds attacking the Cleric or mobs the CW missed or just spawned and the GF tanking the big hitting boss (although I concede the GF is broken and not needed at all).

To call for balance to the classes seems asinine to me, I mean why not make all the classes the same and be done with it?
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Answer: Yes.
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All,

We plan to look into class balance feedback in more detail in the near future. I do apologize that we have been receiving wonderful feedback from you guys, but have not been able to address it as quickly as we would have liked. As we move forward with the fixes for the current items at hand, we do plan on giving balance feedback an in-depth review and communicate with our players on that progress. Thanks for your patience, support, and understanding!
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    scan69 wrote: »
    I don't get this

What balancing is required? The rogue is a pure single target DPS class.

The GWF is good for offtanking and a little bit of DPS/control.

The GF is great for soaking up huge hits and main tanking. (I do agree that the game is broken and GF's are not needed)

The Control Wizards CONTROL not DPS but CONTROL. They are there to control mobs and do some but not the main bulk of DPS.

I agree most of that except that one, like you said it is main tanking, and tanking doesnt meant taking hard damage only, sometime it also mean taking agro, thats why it have provoke. DC for example, good buff, but heal some and its threat to the top, all most all adds after this one, I'm DC, so yeah it is, -46% threat and counts still after me. I dont know how you play without GF (dungeon or skirmish at it current level not way above it)