test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Would it really have been that hard to add a Coalescent Ward in each gratitude pack?

2»

Comments

• lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok you made me feel bad replying as if I was serious.......... yeah I get where you are comming from, I lost the some coins too. so on principle yes it would of been nice if they compesated for what a lot of people lost through no fault of their own.

I was just kind of taking the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, there was another post like mine about people complaining about down times and such it was a classic and sarcastic as hell, and im just failing at being a copy cat. Heh if I get one laugh its worth it I guess.

I really do feel for people who are guardians and Heroes of the north and I can understand some of your frustrations and stuff.
    Maybe, but I've gotten more enjoyment from this than many AAA games, so, I'd think I've gotten my fair value. Of course, that's just me, not speaking for the rest.
  • fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I don't think the gift was bad per se overall but not having a coin reimbursement included in any sense was immensely stupid on their part. It would have been little loss for a lot of gain.
  • faamalosibluefaamalosiblue Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    Maybe, but I've gotten more enjoyment from this than many AAA games, so, I'd think I've gotten my fair value. Of course, that's just me, not speaking for the rest.

Thats cool im glad you enjoyed it, the story alone and the fact its new and is based in NW and the sword coast was enough for me. Brings back memories of BG and stuff.
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the most you can have in coins is 7. I actually didn't have ANY of my 4 chars go to 0 coins cause of the hourly chance roll cause I often invoke 2x a day before bed and first thing. I expected them to give us one of the cruddy starter packs that have 3 dyes you cant use and some lesser potions, portable alters.

I was so pleased to see a title! a cape! a costume piece (I use the fashion packs almost exclusively) would have been funnier to get a catmask. I never expected to get teleport scrolls and a health stone! that was awesome not gonna use the xp but im sure there is something in the pack that's meh for everyone.

Would have been cute if they gave everyone a cursed pet cat that took half your gold income when active but looked cute.

the entitlement of the forums always fascinates me its one thing to have valid critisisms, suggestions , concerns, but with some of these people I just wonder how much medical care they need for horse bites on the face.
    edited May 2013
    the most you can have in coins is 7. I actually didn't have ANY of my 4 chars go to 0 coins cause of the hourly chance roll cause I often invoke 2x a day before bed and first thing. I expected them to give us one of the cruddy starter packs that have 3 dyes you cant use and some lesser potions, portable alters.

I was so pleased to see a title! a cape! a costume piece (I use the fashion packs almost exclusively) would have been funnier to get a catmask. I never expected to get teleport scrolls and a health stone! that was awesome not gonna use the xp but im sure there is something in the pack that's meh for everyone.

Would have been cute if they gave everyone a cursed pet cat that took half your gold income when active but looked cute.

the entitlement of the forums always fascinates me its one thing to have valid critisisms, suggestions , concerns, but with some of these people I just wonder how much medical care they need for horse bites on the face.

Right...because giving a 7 day celestial coin award would have doomed the game or is somehow over the top. Your remarks at the end of your post ring more true for you than anyone else.

...and this is coming from someone that wasn't even enraged by the whole affair.
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I disagree that they should give a confirmed ward, but at least the box of argumentation would be good. It's not going to break the economy any more than it would be after 7 days.
    edited May 2013
    I disagree that they should give a confirmed ward, but at least the box of argumentation would be good. It's not going to break the economy any more than it would be after 7 days.

Exactly.

No guarantee.

Incurs more to spend money for acquiring these.

Appeases those at or near the coin limit.

Seems like a no brainer to me.
  • speedstersonicspeedstersonic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yes I would've totally been fine with that. But this is still a problem, a lot of people were screwed over and what they did compensate with is nowhere near those boxes that I know two of my characters were one day away from another and my third was only 2 days away. That's more than a day lost with the way end game works here.
  • estsuestsu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Coalescent Wards cost Zen. No sorry just no.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm guessing all the people that don't agree either don't care about celestial coins or didn't get screwed cause they just hit 7 the day before the rollback or something. Ugh, why is half this community so complacent.

Actually I didn't lose any celestial coins. I generally invoke every 2 hours while I am working my Leadership. So the rollback didn't take my coins at all. I still wouldn't mind if they gave everyone a character bound ward. But I am mostly content and happy for what they gave us.

The only thing I have an issue with is the account (not character) bound XP scrolls that can't be mailed to our other characters.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    estsu wrote: »
    Coalescent Wards cost Zen. No sorry just no.

They are not worth anywhere near the Zen cost. No one in their right mind is going to buy them at $10 each when you can buy them for 140K in the AH. That's what the price for them was before the AH went down anyway. I don't think they are going to change it though. They had time and I imagine they put a lot of thought into what they gave.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I chance get them every week on each character

Bolded for you information. You had the chance for one, not a guaranteed one. Just pretend you did the seven day thing, got the pack, and it was useless stuff. There you go.
  • speedstersonicspeedstersonic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »
    Bolded for you information. You had the chance for one, not a guaranteed one. Just pretend you did the seven day thing, got the pack, and it was useless stuff. There you go.

Pretending really? Well I just want my given chance at them, even just them giving a pack to every character would've been enough for that CHANCE, THEY DIDN'T EVEN GIVE US THAT.
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kaskian wrote: »
    Would it really have been that hard to add a Nightmare Mount in each gratitude pack?

Yeah yeah we can all want. But whatever...

Yeah i thought a full set of t2 and ancient weapons set would have been put in each pack.
  • damadnezzdamadnezz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I didn't have any problems with the coins. I prayed the expolit day, in no way was it close to the time the servers went down, and then i prayed again a couple of hours after the servers came up again. I have all the coins i "should" have.
    edited May 2013
    damadnezz wrote: »
    I didn't have any problems with the coins. I prayed the expolit day, in no way was it close to the time the servers went down, and then i prayed again a couple of hours after the servers came up again. I have all the coins i "should" have.

Well GOOD FOR YOU, not everyone was able to be on at 4am in the morning...
  • alberelleonhartalberelleonhart Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kissell19 wrote: »
    They aren't complacent. Many just actually understand that you are owed nothing. You are entitled to nothing. Game is 100% free so from the rollback you are owed exactly $0.00

Whilst I agree with those suggesting a ward would probably be too valuable for PWE to willingly just give them away for free I have to say I am sick of people like yourself throwing the word 'entitlement' around so liberally.

The entire point of the pack was to make up for the down-time and rollback. The celestial coin losses were the biggest resulting problem of said rollback. It would therefore have made sense for them to have at least included the 7 coin pack that has a CHANCE at a ward.

As for the idea that the game is 100% free and therefore the devs owe the players nothing... wrong. The game is free for those that choose it to be so but those that choose to pay are then customers and they have a right to expect a certain level of service. The idea that a F2P game is somehow excused for having bad support, etc. just because SOME players choose not to pay is absurd. The game exists to make money, therefore it is not universally 'free' and a certain quality of service should be expected. How do PWE or Cryptic hope to draw in more buyers if they put on such a bad show?

Not every person asking for something is doing it out of entitlement. That word has just become the latest equivalent of 'fanboy' with people finding every excuse to use it even when it's not relevant.
  • vierzweinullvierzweinull Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    5 days, 6 days, and 6 days. I went to bed around 2am, they rolled back to 5:20 am, but I didn't get to play until around noon on Monday. More than 1day 5 hours possible, and only because of their timing. It's -their- choice to rollback, I don't understand how that didn't reset the 1day:5hour timers though. THAT is the crappy move on their part; it's the only part I'm upset about, inasmuch as even for all the time I've spent grinding crafting I'd -still- rather a wipe than this, but seriously - I lost 2-3 chances at the ward and 3 rank 4 enchantments. How hard would it have been to send everyone 4 days of coins when they log on?

Also, head's up, Consumer Law acknowledges that payment made should have a return service. Problems with that -service- (mind you, they offer the game as a service, since there is nothing physical you can hold for your payment) can be disputed and payment rescinded. While I understand this certainly isn't the best choice, and you won't get to play anymore, if you're -that- unhappy... well, you have full right to challenge that you didn't receive what you paid for due to their error in the exploit now nullifying the value of your service product.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Tens of thousands of coalescent wards sent out into the economy wouldn't have had a negative effect at all.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
    edited May 2013
    Whilst I agree with those suggesting a ward would probably be too valuable for PWE to willingly just give them away for free I have to say I am sick of people like yourself throwing the word 'entitlement' around so liberally.

The entire point of the pack was to make up for the down-time and rollback. The celestial coin losses were the biggest resulting problem of said rollback. It would therefore have made sense for them to have at least included the 7 coin pack that has a CHANCE at a ward.

As for the idea that the game is 100% free and therefore the devs owe the players nothing... wrong. The game is free for those that choose it to be so but those that choose to pay are then customers and they have a right to expect a certain level of service. The idea that a F2P game is somehow excused for having bad support, etc. just because SOME players choose not to pay is absurd. The game exists to make money, therefore it is not universally 'free' and a certain quality of service should be expected. How do PWE or Cryptic hope to draw in more buyers if they put on such a bad show?

Not every person asking for something is doing it out of entitlement. That word has just become the latest equivalent of 'fanboy' with people finding every excuse to use it even when it's not relevant.

Couldn't have said it better.
  • helbourne63helbourne63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    ARE YOU CRAZY! how would Craptic deal with a potential lost sale
    Helbourne
    Hero of the North
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ARE YOU CRAZY! how would Craptic deal with a potential lost sale

Customer retention.
  • syrumsyrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 168 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    drillsgt69 wrote: »
    Of course they weren't going to give you something that the mob of morons (tm) will pay for in this game.

I'm amazed the package didn't read like this:

Enjoy your cloak. While you are at it, why don't you browse on over to the cash shop and buy some more bank slots to hold your new "rewards"

Thank you,
    PWE

LOL This!
    edited May 2013
    chai23 wrote: »
    Customer retention.

YEP! that's right!
  • bedroomjesusbedroomjesus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    "You may be given the opportunity to Beta test new games ("Beta Games") and Website features. Your participation as a Beta tester is subject to the terms and conditions below.
    You acknowledge that the you are using a preliminary, preview edition of the Websites features and the Beta Games and that you are participating in a beta test thereof (the "Beta Test"), and that the Beta Games site Website features may contain bugs, may not operate properly or perform all intended functions, may interfere with the functioning of other software applications, and may cause errors, data loss or other problems..........When playing some Beta Games, you may accumulate treasure, experience points, equipment, or other value or status indicators within the Beta test. This data may be reset at any time during the testing process, and it may be reset when the particular game completes this testing phase. In this case, all player history and data will be erased and each player will return to novice status."
    edited May 2013
    "You may be given the opportunity to Beta test new games ("Beta Games") and Website features. Your participation as a Beta tester is subject to the terms and conditions below.
    You acknowledge that the you are using a preliminary, preview edition of the Websites features and the Beta Games and that you are participating in a beta test thereof (the "Beta Test"), and that the Beta Games site Website features may contain bugs, may not operate properly or perform all intended functions, may interfere with the functioning of other software applications, and may cause errors, data loss or other problems..........When playing some Beta Games, you may accumulate treasure, experience points, equipment, or other value or status indicators within the Beta test. This data may be reset at any time during the testing process, and it may be reset when the particular game completes this testing phase. In this case, all player history and data will be erased and each player will return to novice status."

No excuse when money has been exchanged.