test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

After the rollback: RMT has won the game.

2»

Comments

• Options
    lycanthroat78lycanthroat78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    It's the end of the world as we know it, AND I FEEL FINE!
  • Options
    assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    natejam101 wrote: »
    Not that any of this matters...this game's popularity has dropped by alot across the internet. Neverwinter can not even hold a candle to SWTOR anymore. I paid in 60 bucks for a founders pack, was smart enough not go for the Hero of LOLNorth pack so when I uninstall this game tomorrow I will be out only 60 bucks.

I may have considered sticking around with a total wipe of the severs, but this rollback does nothing but encourage the gold sellers more, and all those mule accounts will still own this currency and the economy will not improve.

Bye

give me your stuff please?
  • Options
    kaerthuskaerthus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The RMT will always be involved in every game online,the difference with this situation ,they exploited to get the Gear and AD.They exploited enough gear and AD in hours, that would take them months and months to aquire the normal way.

In WOW you can get all the things people talk about ,but the RMT have to earn every bit of gold and gear,or run you thru the raids for the epic set over and over with you to get all the pieces.Something that in other games takes them a long time to gather, with these exploits they got them in hours.

The economy is ruined in this game, people can say , over time it will level out , i really doubt it.They can do as you say and track every account, but billions have allready been laundered and the RMT will be back in a week unless you erase all of thier exploited AD and gear from the servers.

I am afraid that a wipe is the only way to slow them down,wipe everything,start from scratch,since this is open beta.Return all bought Zen and AD with $$$ since launch of beta.

I know i have invested over 100 hours into this game and you cant put a price on that.But the state this economy is in, is a make it or break it for me,the game has become a joke,when i had such high hopes for it ,ever since i first found out it was in the making years ago.

Sometime after launch, WoW had a Shaman bug/exploit where they could 2-Shot any elite mobs, sound familiar? This type of thing happens in ALL games, to ALL companies.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kaerthus wrote: »
    Sometime after launch, WoW had a Shaman bug/exploit where they could 2-Shot any elite mobs, sound familiar? This type of thing happens in ALL games, to ALL companies.

Shhh... They don't want to hear about reality or facts. Most online games have had exploits and even broken economies at one point or another.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gjack6014 wrote: »
    To all the players that think 7 hours was enough to bracket and contain the AD exploit:

Gold spammers now own this game.

How do you think the gold / AD spammers got their stock so early in the game? There were complaints in the forums about gold spammers right after open beta began. (They were there earlier but less aggressive) You can now buy AD into the millions in a single purchase.

Want to buy a level 60 10GS character of any class? They are available. (up to 12k GS)

Want to buy gold in increments of 500? Sure you can - and there has not been enough grind time even for bots to create the stock of 300,000 gold bragged about on the Player Auctions sites.

Want to buy a full set of PVP gear from AFK players? It costs $15 a piece.

Ever wonder why that one blue ring is selling for 1.25 million AD? That is a AD transfer for RMT companies.

RMT is a very organized business. They challenge security on games as soon as they hit a test phase where challenges can be organized. As soon as the Neverwinter Gateway went online it was challenged. Not 7 hours - the day it went live. The AD exploit was found and capitalized on.

Free email accounts where created. Mule Characters created. And loot was spread across the game.
    Silently.

Silently because it was in the RMT companies best interest to not share. The exploit fully funded the RMT companies in a matter of days. It is not easy to generate millions of AD if you do not spend the time watching the auction house. It can't be done by traditional RMT methods of botting or account theft at this stage of the Neverwinter. It takes a windfall source.

All the above information comes from ONE of the more famous RMT auction sites based in Asia. It works as a middle man between players and sellers. It is robust and long lasting. It is a clearing house for information on security problems in games.

Without a wipe we have to live with a RMT partner in Neverwinter that is now a fully funded partner in the game. Why? Because we rolled back 7 hours to contain the players that found out about the exploit LATE - not the real problem.

If you don't like how PWE handles their game , just uninstall and leave forever I'm sure they will be deeply saddened by your absence .

Oh and take a chill pill on your way home , you sound confused .
  • Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They don't even need to do a full wipe...no harm in leaving character levels. Everything else should be wiped though.

Really cant do one without the other though. If you take all the gold, AD and zen out and leave naked level 60s. What are they going to do for gear?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    If you don't like how PWE handles their game , just uninstall and leave forever I'm sure they will be deeply saddened by your absence .

Oh and take a chill pill on your way home , you sound confused .

Doesnt sound confused to me. He's pretty much hit the nail on the head. Seems to me that anyone who doesnt have something to lose by this shouldnt have a problem with a wipe and restart. All the zen will be refunded. And leveling and acquiring stuff in this game is not that hard to do in a honest manner. Just not close to as possible as it was for the cheaters.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Shhh... They don't want to hear about reality or facts. Most online games have had exploits and even broken economies at one point or another.

Right, and did they leave that bug in? Now if that bug was used to generate enough gear in a short time to completely destroy the WoW economy. Do you think they would have not wiped their servers? The anti wipe people seem to think we're all irrational, angry, spoiler brats who are cheezed off and want revenge. This is about preserving the integrity of the game. And PWE's ability to make money off of it. There are people who have horded enough stuff that they will never ever need too purchase zen again. They have more then enough AD and stuff they can turn into AD to keep this games market unbalanced for years. Do you think once the playerbase finds out about this that they'll stick around. That they wont either leave or start working with the cheaters who have gotten away with it more or less? Or do you expect PWE and cryptic to constantly be banning people for the next several years of the game.
  • Options
    herbtrader20herbtrader20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ogarious wrote: »
    Right, and did they leave that bug in? Now if that bug was used to generate enough gear in a short time to completely destroy the WoW economy. Do you think they would have not wiped their servers? The anti wipe people seem to think we're all irrational, angry, spoiler brats who are cheezed off and want revenge. This is about preserving the integrity of the game. And PWE's ability to make money off of it. There are people who have horded enough stuff that they will never ever need too purchase zen again. They have more then enough AD and stuff they can turn into AD to keep this games market unbalanced for years. Do you think once the playerbase finds out about this that they'll stick around. That they wont either leave or start working with the cheaters who have gotten away with it more or less? Or do you expect PWE and cryptic to constantly be banning people for the next several years of the game.

The problem here is that PWE/Cryptic were aware of these issues, launched beta anyways, and have stated that they will not wipe. Why would they wipe now, when they know full well that they do not have the resources to keep the bugs/exploits fixed? They could wipe tomorrow, and what... 60% of the gaming population would come back. But for how long? And 3 days later, when the exploiters have broken through the mediocre development and game management skills that is PWE/Cryptic, another wipe will be needed, and they will lose another majority of their players. Times of crisis call for swift, clear-headed action, not hiding in the shadows, auto-responding and closing tickets, etc.
    So says the wise old herbtrader.
  • Options
    faamalosibluefaamalosiblue Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    Im sick to death of my inbox being flooded with this ****..... hey friend yada yada yada, buy gold, ad every forking day theres multiple mail from these sites.