test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

After the rollback: RMT has won the game.

gjack6014gjack6014 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
To all the players that think 7 hours was enough to bracket and contain the AD exploit:

Gold spammers now own this game.

How do you think the gold / AD spammers got their stock so early in the game? There were complaints in the forums about gold spammers right after open beta began. (They were there earlier but less aggressive) You can now buy AD into the millions in a single purchase.

Want to buy a level 60 10GS character of any class? They are available. (up to 12k GS)

Want to buy gold in increments of 500? Sure you can - and there has not been enough grind time even for bots to create the stock of 300,000 gold bragged about on the Player Auctions sites.

Want to buy a full set of PVP gear from AFK players? It costs $15 a piece.

Ever wonder why that one blue ring is selling for 1.25 million AD? That is a AD transfer for RMT companies.

RMT is a very organized business. They challenge security on games as soon as they hit a test phase where challenges can be organized. As soon as the Neverwinter Gateway went online it was challenged. Not 7 hours - the day it went live. The AD exploit was found and capitalized on.

Free email accounts where created. Mule Characters created. And loot was spread across the game.
Silently.

Silently because it was in the RMT companies best interest to not share. The exploit fully funded the RMT companies in a matter of days. It is not easy to generate millions of AD if you do not spend the time watching the auction house. It can't be done by traditional RMT methods of botting or account theft at this stage of the Neverwinter. It takes a windfall source.

All the above information comes from ONE of the more famous RMT auction sites based in Asia. It works as a middle man between players and sellers. It is robust and long lasting. It is a clearing house for information on security problems in games.

Without a wipe we have to live with a RMT partner in Neverwinter that is now a fully funded partner in the game. Why? Because we rolled back 7 hours to contain the players that found out about the exploit LATE - not the real problem.
Post edited by gjack6014 on

Comments

• Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously. Your buying gold in this game? Seriously?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    altonimaraltonimar Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey whats so wrong with that prices are cheaper that dev's.....
  • Options
    dudezelldudezell Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nice bit of info but why does every1 keep posting about it? cryptic and pwi obvi arent gunna read this. the just look at the title and say yup dont need to read that one or that one or that one, they never respond to ****.
  • Options
    doobysnackzdoobysnackz Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    Seriously. Your buying gold in this game? Seriously?

Is that all your narrow mind comprehended from the op?
  • Options
    savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do you know what would happen the day after the wipe? You would receive a mail from a "friend" that would say" Ah poor man they have wiped you clean of everything that you had tsk tsk. But don't worry, come at our site < name of the site> and for a few dollars you will get anything back and more". Really do you think that a wipe would stop the gold sellers ?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Do you know what would happen the day asfter the wipe? You would receive a mail from a "friend" that would say" Ah poor man they have wiped you clean of everything that you had tsk tsk. But don't worry, come at our site < name of the site> and for a few dollars you will get anything back and more. Really do you think that a wipe would stop the gold sellers ?

What would the gold sellers be selling after a full wipe, genius?
  • Options
    dudezelldudezell Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do you know what would happen the day asfter the wipe? You would receive a mail from a "friend" that would say" Ah poor man they have wiped you clean of everything that you had tsk tsk. But don't worry, come at our site < name of the site> and for a few dollars you will get anything back and more". Really do you think that a wipe would stop the gold sellers ?

no but would still be nice^^ dont think they should wipe till they actually fix the game tho
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do you know what would happen the day asfter the wipe? You would receive a mail from a "friend" that would say" Ah poor man they have wiped you clean of everything that you had tsk tsk. But don't worry, come at our site < name of the site> and for a few dollars you will get anything back and more". Really do you think that a wipe would stop the gold sellers ?

I hope you are not serious. If everything was wiped, that would include the RMT AD, characters too.....
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    I hope you are not serious. If everything was wiped, that would include the RMT AD, characters too.....

That's the kind of stupid we are dealing with here on this issue...he/she exemplified it perfectly.
  • Options
    balthezore11balthezore11 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Haha made me laugh.
  • Options
    savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    They would have just to work a little more

http://blog.wowgoldpig.com/2011/05/bots-weren%E2%80%99t-enough-now-it%E2%80%99s-prison-slaves-%E2%80%93-chinese-seller-******bags-level-up-the-shady/
  • Options
    melanko0melanko0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Especially since gold farmers can just automate the gateway and just do leadership crafting over and over again. They don't even have to set foot into the game once all the crafting slots are unlocked for an account.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You do know you can buy everything you mentioned in WoW and similar games from spammer too, right?

WoW, want full raid gear, or just to be carried in the raid, any raid? You can pay a bunch of gold or real money. They'll carry you, you get gear. You can buy max level characters in current gear, etc. All you have to do is be pretty slow, and have your system infected with malware from the site, but you can get it too.

Even if they are selling the AD and what not cheaper than in game, you are risking much more than paying the minor increase in game.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I've frankly thought anyone who actually buys from those places is daft.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I keep seeing this and there is a reason why this isn't true.

Without the AH or Exchange there's no way to move AD except for buying AD goods and transferring them direct.

With a clean AH anyone moving large amounts of AD will be obvious and easy to track.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I've frankly thought anyone who actually buys from those places is daft.

The point of the OP had nothing whatsoever to do with what your or anyone else's opinion of gold buying is.
    I don't like your posts or even understand your rationale behind them but that doesn't mean you're going to stop posting any time soon...
  • Options
    qualexiousqualexious Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    As for me, I think a full wipe is absolutely going to be necessary, but would accomplish nothing unless the game reverted to actual BETA testing and fixed the mess before BETA testing their bank accounts. I logged in for all of 5 minutes today and couldn't enjoy myself knowing how messed up this company is.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    I keep seeing this and there is a reason why this isn't true.

Without the AH or Exchange there's no way to move AD except for buying AD goods and transferring them direct.

With a clean AH anyone moving large amounts of AD will be obvious and easy to track.

What a nice fantasy world you live in. It wouldn't stop the RMT people in the slightest. They would be back in business within a week maybe even less. A wipe would do zero to get rid of them.

Now if Cryptic really is taking the time to go through the game tracking every account that exploited prior to the rollback and then track every transaction from it to the mule accounts and locking them out. That would have a minor effect. Though just like a wipe it would only slow the RMT folk down for about a week.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    theloliruritheloliruri Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They don't even need to do a full wipe...no harm in leaving character levels. Everything else should be wiped though.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    They don't even need to do a full wipe...no harm in leaving character levels. Everything else should be wiped though.

Again doing that wouldn't actually get rid of the RMT. It would just remove it for at best a week and they would be back. Like slime and mold RMT is always back. Meh, sad but the truth.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Solution: When you are born you get an IPv6 address registered to you, misuse it and get banned.. permanently ... from the interwebs.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    qualexious wrote: »
    Solution: When you are born you get an IPv6 address registered to you, misuse it and get banned.. permanently ... from the interwebs.

No thank you, Mr Orwell.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Mostly I see well-worded speculation, but speculation nonetheless, from a person who believes a wipe is needed and who wants to sell it to the community. It looks a bit like FUD.

Gold sellers are an issue in any MMO, but I have yet to see credible evidence that anyone has used the AH exploit before yesterday to a meaningful degree (AH prices went down, not up, the exchange rate went consistently down day by day). If individual players managed to make millions in legitimate ways, gold farmers did so too, and much more. Having millions of AD in stock does not necessarily indicate exploiting (at least not in the AH exploit way, which is the only truly concerning one).

Consider, also, that both the AH and exchange are still down. We do not know what Cryptic is currenly doing. They are unlikely to have been sitting idly on their hands today.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    No thank you, Mr Orwell.

No need to fret, you can still enjoy your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    qualexious wrote: »
    No need to fret, you can still enjoy your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Yeah but can I still exercise my brain...FREELY?
  • Options
    darkbladessdarkbladess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    What a nice fantasy world you live in. It wouldn't stop the RMT people in the slightest. They would be back in business within a week maybe even less. A wipe would do zero to get rid of them.

Now if Cryptic really is taking the time to go through the game tracking every account that exploited prior to the rollback and then track every transaction from it to the mule accounts and locking them out. That would have a minor effect. Though just like a wipe it would only slow the RMT folk down for about a week.

The RMT will always be involved in every game online,the difference with this situation ,they exploited to get the Gear and AD.They exploited enough gear and AD in hours, that would take them months and months to aquire the normal way.

In WOW you can get all the things people talk about ,but the RMT have to earn every bit of gold and gear,or run you thru the raids for the epic set over and over with you to get all the pieces.Something that in other games takes them a long time to gather, with these exploits they got them in hours.

The economy is ruined in this game, people can say , over time it will level out , i really doubt it.They can do as you say and track every account, but billions have allready been laundered and the RMT will be back in a week unless you erase all of thier exploited AD and gear from the servers.

I am afraid that a wipe is the only way to slow them down,wipe everything,start from scratch,since this is open beta.Return all bought Zen and AD with $$$ since launch of beta.

I know i have invested over 100 hours into this game and you cant put a price on that.But the state this economy is in, is a make it or break it for me,the game has become a joke,when i had such high hopes for it ,ever since i first found out it was in the making years ago.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The RMT will always be involved in every game online,the difference with this situation ,they exploited to get the Gear and AD.They exploited enough gear and AD in hours, that would take them months and months to aquire the normal way..

This is an unproven claim that is based on opinion (and the desire to promote a wipe), and not fact. AH prices and the development of the exchange rate over the course of nearly a month do offer evidence that the AD related exploit may not have been used to any meaningful degree before the time covered by the rollback.

The gear exploits are minor because they did not affect the total sum of AD. It is not hard to get T2 gear, so the market would have been flooded within weeks anyway.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not that any of this matters...this game's popularity has dropped by alot across the internet. Neverwinter can not even hold a candle to SWTOR anymore. I paid in 60 bucks for a founders pack, was smart enough not go for the Hero of LOLNorth pack so when I uninstall this game tomorrow I will be out only 60 bucks.

I may have considered sticking around with a total wipe of the severs, but this rollback does nothing but encourage the gold sellers more, and all those mule accounts will still own this currency and the economy will not improve.

Bye
    ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro Gen3 mobo, Intel i7 2600k, 32gb DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaws, 500gb SSD, 2TB HDD, Geforce GTX 690 x2 Sli, 1200 watt Thermaltake modular PS, Thermaltake gaming tower.
  • Options
    natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    This is an unproven claim that is based on opinion (and the desire to promote a wipe), and not fact. AH prices and the development of the exchange rate over the course of nearly a month do offer evidence that the AD related exploit may not have been used to any meaningful degree before the time covered by the rollback.

The gear exploits are minor because they did not affect the total sum of AD. It is not hard to get T2 gear, so the market would have been flooded within weeks anyway.

You seem to be an idiot to me. Please stop posting in my forum.
    ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro Gen3 mobo, Intel i7 2600k, 32gb DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaws, 500gb SSD, 2TB HDD, Geforce GTX 690 x2 Sli, 1200 watt Thermaltake modular PS, Thermaltake gaming tower.
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    natejam101 wrote: »
    You seem to be an idiot to me. Please stop posting in my forum.

If you'll provide a link to your forums then I'll avoid posting in them, until then I'll keep posting in PWE's Neverwinter forum.

As for what people are saying, if you're so convinced there's no way to rid the game of these RMTer's why are you still playing?