caturday pack is useless

Comments

• Options
    tobogontobogon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At least we got a character title
    This space for rent
  • Options
    gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    fadedlogic wrote: »
    lets see a list of things that wouldve been 5000 times better

- a basic mount 50% movement speed. should be no problem considering ppl used the exploit to get the purple ones

-a professions pack since professions got messed up

- a celestial coin pack maybe

- a wipe of the game?

- a pet or maybe one random purple item

- even a flippin bag

this shouldn't be just an apology for a day of lost time. this literally should of been a hey our game is about to fall apart. our economy has been saturated with messed up ness. were about to lose a HUGE portion of our playerbase. This is literally the point where we are about to make or break our game completely.

and they retaliated with cosmetics.

DUDE LOOK AT TWITCH. just look at it. as soon as this "caturday pack" was opened, they lost about 80% of their livestreamers and veiwers. everyone moved on.

A wipe would be the most idiotic thing they could have done. There's no reason for a wipe. Again, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Call me back when BIS items cost 250 - 1000+ dollars for a single item.
  • Options
    apostasyxapostasyx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You're useless, thanks for finally leaving.
  • Options
    genryu20genryu20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    oreoz2573 wrote: »
    I won't say this is a bad game.

But what I WILL say (and I think I speak for most people) is that it's gettin dropped pretty **** quick when the heavy hitters come out later this year and into next year. Games like Wildstar, ESO or the recently funded Camelot Unchained (super happy for those guys. Not my scene but I respect the crowd).

For example I'm waitin on ESO.
    I think even when something as simple as a release date is announced I'll drop this game. lol

Hold up crazy person...wildstar a heavy hitter? That game hasnt even made it to many people's radars. Lol. Ive seen one maybe two articles on it. Other then that I havent even heard of the game.
  • Options
    dmchaosmainlinedmchaosmainline Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Personally, I find the pack to be a fine apology/consolation for 7 hours of rollback... HOWEVER, it does NOTHING to address the Major Loss of ALL of our Celestial Coins because the Invocation window was NOT rolled back, setting MANY of us to ZERO. There is no one here who can say that the items in the package even come CLOSE to rivalling a reward from the celestial coin list. I am strongly considering leaving the game, and am THANKFUL that I did not spend the money I was planning to spend... timing: Perfect.
  • Options
    rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I've played EQ, EQ 2, CoH, CO, DDO, LoTRO and DCUO, which are all mmos that you can play for free (or, in the case of CoH, was). I am finding NW to be more enjoyable than any of them.
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • Options
    everythingsdeadeverythingsdead Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rictras wrote: »
    I've played EQ, EQ 2, CoH, CO, DDO, LoTRO and DCUO, which are all mmos that you can play for free (or, in the case of CoH, was). I am finding NW to be more enjoyable than any of them.

Most of those games were subscription based games. Its like saying you never payed for them to begin with anyways.

I gotta agree with OP. The 'special' bundle as it stands is completely useless, worthless, and a slap in the face.
  • Options
    rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    All of those games can be played for free, and I have played them all for free. My point stands.
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • Options
    vatashavatasha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yep i am moving on forum and game your right.

have fun playing in your broken game with small playerbase

your just mad you bought a founders pack and your game is falling apart

your hero of the north thing is like a public humiliation that you wasted money on something that isnt working right

im sticking around my forum at least for today, deal with it

maybe ill come back if this game ever gets a big playerbase again, which i highly doubt it will

After playing a few MMOs you learn same whine different game.

1) When <insert new game> comes out this game will be dead

2) PVP is so broken this game will die

3) PVE is so broken this game will die

4) Ninja looting is so bad this game will die

5) Gold sellers destroying the game, this game will die

6) OMG exploiting is so bad this game will die

Saw it in WOW, Rift, DDO, Aion and others and the games are still around.
  • Options
    arrowmaticarrowmatic Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    naeron1966 wrote: »
    Mentioning TOR is not going to support your point as it is improving and has been for a while.

Dude, I respect the power of your Field of Denial spell. I really do. I can feel it from here. But let it down for just a second and take a peek into reality. TOR was stillborn, and that's a fact. The only reason it went micro-transaction is because no one thought it was good enough to pay a subscription.
  • Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OP is correct. The game shell is good but allowing this wave of exploits to stand with no wipe may be the last blow . The player base has already weathered so much, and for the most part we defended the game. We believed in the BETA. The beta was a lie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

- a basic mount 50% movement speed. should be no problem considering ppl used the exploit to get the purple ones

- a wipe of the game?

- even a flippin bag

this shouldn't be just an apology for a day of lost time. this literally should of been a hey our game is about to fall apart. our economy has been saturated with messed up ness. were about to lose a HUGE portion of our playerbase. This is literally the point where we are about to make or break our game completely.

DUDE LOOK AT TWITCH. just look at it. as soon as this "caturday pack" was opened, they lost about 80% of their livestreamers and veiwers. everyone moved on.

You are 100% correct, this was the worst dmg control ever. Cryptic is a laughing stock of the gaming community today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    genryu20genryu20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013

- a wipe of the game?

- even a flippin bag

HAhaha thats about the dumbest thing i've heard lately. And even if it were true, then they were probably part of the ones who hang around whining all day for wipes that will never happen. And the forum and game is alot better off without all that nonsense lately flooding the forum. Seriously people, you got an apology, you got some free items, and you got a roll back. What more do you people want. Greedy much?
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey guys I really just wanted to make this post directed towards PWE and Cryptic more than the community. I've tried to be super supportive of Neverwinter. I've argued with a ton of people on these forums on why it's a great game. I've defended it against people I know about why it has so much potential. And I've consistently put a ton of time into it, leveling all 5 characters and tryin to start positive reinforcing threads for the game. But I give up. This whole Caturday thing is what did it for me.

YOU DEVS ARE COMPLETELY IGNORING THE COMMUNITY. We are literally listing for you priority things that need to be done in these forums and you refuse to respond or even take our thoughts into consideration. Your game is falling apart. Literally ever post I'm looking at is now full of people slandering and being negative about your game. And I understand why. YOU AREN'T RESPONDING TO US. You're turning a blind eye to what we're saying. Like "hey if we ignore it maybe the problems will go away." just unbelieveable. You're game has gone from the 5th most viewed game on twitch with about 3000 down to maybe the 30th. Everyone is losing interest because of your lack of communication. HOW HARD IS IT to be like hey we know this is a problem. Ie the mounts problem in pvp. It's been a top forum discussion for about 3 weeks. yet still not one dev response on it.

And this caturday pack. Is it a joke? I'm not even level 60 on 5 out of 6 of my toons and I find this thing to be a sack of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. cosmetic gear that everyone has? for REAL. and this dinky exp boost? really? its so easy to level in this game, what the hell is this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gonna do for me? HEY GUYS IVE NEVER RUN OUT OF POTIONS but now i have ALOT MORE whoop de doo. Hey the economy is RUINED but heres some potions and an exp boost oh and some scrolls for the town that you never leave.

anyways im quitting and moving on to better things. Literally everyone I personally know has quit your game now. I was the last one tryin really hard to believe in you and stick around but like this is honestly disgusting. This is NOT how you run F2P. It's not "hey lets squeeze as much money out of our community as possible." It should have been "hey lets make a great game and build a huge community that loves to play this game. Those people will stick around for years and eventually spend money on the cosmetics because they love this game so much." It's about the long term, which you utterly destroyed for yourself.

I liek tuRtLez .
  • Options
    aislingiaislingi Member Posts: 140 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You know what really sucks? The cape. Coolest article of clothing I've seen in this game and what do the geniuses at Cryptic do? No stats, and you can't change neck equipment to look like it.

THANKS!

Oh and another mask to wear along with that hobo outfit I got at the beginning, that I never wear.
    I wanna go back to being weird. I like being weird. Weird's all I got, oh, and my sweet style. -Maurice Moss, The IT Crowd
  • Options
    aislingiaislingi Member Posts: 140 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You are 100% correct, this was the worst dmg control ever. Cryptic is a laughing stock of the gaming community today.

Do some research on Cryptic, it isn't just today.
    I wanna go back to being weird. I like being weird. Weird's all I got, oh, and my sweet style. -Maurice Moss, The IT Crowd
  • Options
    wildoxitwildoxit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When we opened the doors of the Neverwinter Open Beta on April 30, we expected there to be all kinds of responses, from positive feedback and fun player stories to bug reports and constructive feedback…We’ve counted on these responses to make the game even better as we get closer and closer to our live launch.

What we did not expect, and should have, is how amazingly supportive and helpful our community would be during the brief snags that we might hit along the way. We are sincerely overwhelmed by all of the positive comments and feedback that we’ve received from you over the past few weeks, and would like to express our deepest thanks for your ongoing support and willingness to help us make Neverwinter one of the best free-to-play MMORPGs around.

Case in point: this past weekend, the Neverwinter community helped us to identify a major exploit involving the Auction House and Astral Diamond Exchange, which we promptly addressed through a number of corrective actions, including permanent bans on exploitative accounts and a necessary rollback to the time before the exploit was initiated. We realize the frustration that the rollback and related downtime may have caused and are deeply sorry for this inconvenience. We’re also overwhelmed by your positive support and patience during the downtime, as well as your assistance in identifying the issue and helping us to develop and implement a solution as quickly as possible.

We’d like to thank you in the best way possible: by giving you some fun free stuff in-game to recognize your support throughout the Neverwinter Open Beta period. This thank-you, in the form of the Caturday Survivor's Pack, includes:

LMFAO! The entire thing is funny....
  • Options
    daemonspadedaemonspade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    seriously? when they announced they give away a cape a title and this freebies i can hardly see a reply against it .. all i can see was wow its so nice thanks a lot!! love the cape lol .. now i see thread like this?
  • Options
    fourmemberfourmember Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    QQ much

play or don't
  • Options
    akikisaragiakikisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's better than nothing at all which PWE owes people, nothing.
  • Options
    zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I can understand this a bit. when I read the post on how the devs like all the "positive" feedback fomr the community and how we are all great I was also insulted. It tells me they really dont listen to anyones opinion on the boards.

I give them one more chance to redeem themselves and that is Only because the exploit problem the fixed Is the most pressing issue the had to deal with. Now what they do next will determine if I leave the game or stay.

If the release a new class, new zen items, new race or cosmetics before addressing the problems both fighter classes have at getting end game groups I am gone. the GWF discussion started in closed beta and has been an ongoing Issue, now it is just getting worse and the GF was joined in on the no fighters for groups blues.

It is definitely the most pressing issue in the game right now. Sorry to say but the PvP mount thing takes a side seat as it is PvP and that is not the main focus of the game.
  • Options
    rubberduckie3rubberduckie3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    Games like Wildstar, ESO

omg i cant wait for these hoping to get into a beta
  • Options
    kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Over all I was rather pleased with the items. The econ doesn't look like it was hit to hard (atleast until we see how the AH turns out). The cosmetic cap wasn't my thing but its kind of cute. The Broken dwarf mask was pretty cool (just need to find/add more cosmetic outfits as Im nearing 60 on two characters and the cosmetic outfit is still the rags). Teleport scrolls are always nice. XP bonus takes the sting out of the roll back alittle. They didn't have to give us anything so its all welcomed.

Im just glad they DID NOT wipe servers. I have put to much time and money (zen) to start over. I am still here but had there been a wipe I don't think I would have been.
  • Options
    darknssssdarknssss Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    oh yeah in 6 months where the hell are these new players coming from? just wondering. What the hell makes you think a released product is gonna have this weird surplus of new gamers? plus just look at this community now. 80% of the people in these forums are just tearing this game apart. You think any of these people are gonna recommend this game to anybody? I mean like I said, even on twitch the amount of live stream viewers has been cut to an 8th of what it was since the cat exploit. Cuz nobody is interested in this broken game anymore.

You wanna know the real reason why they won't wipe? cuz theyre afraid of the amount of players theyll lose. WELL HEY GUESS WHAT? YOURE ALREADY LOSING A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF PLAYERS.

Plus how the hell can you have fun in a game when its possible the guy right next to you has a ridiculous amount of AD and has gotten everything for free pretty much, while you have to think about spending zen or grinding for 3 months to buy one thing he has.

No this game is ruined stop being in denial. I literally was on your side sitting in denial and being like no its still possible a day ago. but this caturday pack thing is just over the top. HEY COSMETIC GEAR FOR YOU TO SHUT THE HELL UP. THIS IS WAY MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE MOUNT PROBLEMS WEVE BEEN HAVING. (i go back to mounts because that is the SIMPLEST fix they could do of all the bs everyones been pointing out, yet 3 weeks later havent even mentioned a thing about it)

and yes the AD/ZEN exchange is my "evidence". your right it could go down, but that doesn't change the amount of damage done to the community. and the fact that there are still some exploiters that slipped through the cracks and will get away with it

So who they losing again? the forums players lol the 5% little kids on forums that threat to leave when they dont nerf or do what they want ?? gime a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> break kid.We can live without you under 21 kidos.All the games i been playing for 15 years on the forums its so funny with little kids saying they gona quit but never do lol
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    darknssss wrote: »
    So who they losing again? the forums players lol the 5% little kids on forums that threat to leave when they dont nerf or do what they want ?? gime a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> break kid.We can live without you under 21 kidos.All the games i been playing for 15 years on the forums its so funny with little kids saying they gona quit but never do lol

Clearly you are out of the community loop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    watchyourbackwatchyourback Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I won't say this is a bad game.

But what I WILL say (and I think I speak for most people) is that it's gettin dropped pretty **** quick when the heavy hitters come out later this year and into next year. Games like Wildstar, ESO or the recently funded Camelot Unchained (super happy for those guys. Not my scene but I respect the crowd).

For example I'm waitin on ESO.
    I think even when something as simple as a release date is announced I'll drop this game. lol

agree 100%
    cryptic had its chance to shine and blew it with lack of testing before releasing it to public. this is what happens when greed overrides the love of the game. cryptic has now lost a $hit ton of credibility(if it had any to begin with) because they were more focused about meeting deadlines than making a quality product. the entire dev team i understand cant be blamed for this but there is a team inside that group that had the job to find these devastating bugs before they launched to public. somebody failed tremendously and it very well could cost cryptic millions due to now lower quality ratings
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    agree 100%
    cryptic had its chance to shine and blew it with lack of testing before releasing it to public. this is what happens when greed overrides the love of the game. cryptic has now lost a $hit ton of credibility(if it had any to begin with) because they were more focused about meeting deadlines than making a quality product. the entire dev team i understand cant be blamed for this but there is a team inside that group that had the job to find these devastating bugs before they launched to public. somebody failed tremendously and it very well could cost cryptic millions due to now lower quality ratings

And exactly how long do you find is a good amount of time for testing?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mentalise1 wrote: »
    In 90% of cases (See TOR and various other F2P trainwrecks) the community is correct in predicting the games demise, citing one exception doesn't make this any less true, F2P games run largely on word of mouth, sure they pick up new players via advertising and etc, but most players aren't comfortable investing anything in an MMO none of their friends will play for various reasons, this is of course assuming they even like NW enough to recommend it to friends, who then of course(In most, not all cases) check the game out on youtube or their favourite review site, see it's received heavy criticism on various fronts and decide to play one of the many other games with potentially good reviews that will drop in the next 6 months (ESO, wildstar and others) that's where NW's existing playerbase will go, I don't see a lot of newcomers heading it's way in the next 6 months unless SERIOUS changes are made, quite frankly the game wasn't ready to leave closed beta, this soft-release is a joke.

The only joke around here is all the people who are flooding forum with their constant b*tching. Sometimes I laugh, sometimes I cry. Its like a never ending soap drama haha. I cant wait for all you people to go to wildstar or ESO or whatever other game is coming out and then come back and tell me how perfect those games are. Oh... nevermind. I won't hold my breath waiting for that because it won't happen as they won't be perfect. But do come back here anyways and check the game then and how much its changed for a better.
  • Options
    teemoorteemoor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    Economy is ruined? Proof or GTFO.

Smegging doomsayers, AH is not even opened yet. And how exactly are billionaires gonna ruin the economy? They will buy zen for 500 AD? ZOMG THE HORROR. Zen exchange is capped and AD don't matter. Because only small % got billions, the rest have usual amounts of AD. And let's face it, people had tens of millions of AD even without the exploit. I personaly earned 3-4 mil AD just by selling dungeon drops/enchanments and some lucky drops like wards/blue/purple assets and such.