test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

caturday pack is useless

Comments

• okaminosukeokaminosuke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    OP, they give you something for free, although they did not have to, and you come here whining...What a #######....

This kind of topics should be treated as troll thread and be closed immediately.
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Actually i was fine with the pack. The 50 heals is great and costs zen.some xp, a better mask than the founders one. Some other stuff.

Get over it
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OP wanted a Cat or a Nightmare Mount in his pack.

As I said in another post: Cryptic didn't need to give us anything. You're all acting like greedy toddlers, crying because the bag isn't filled with sweets. They just gave us a candy along with an apology. Stop acting like it's the end of the world.

And for the doomsayers... Heard that, seen it, don't care. You're going to find excuses to complain always so I'm done with trying to argue with you lot. And since when Twitch TV is a sign of a game's sucess? Just hype.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • genryu20genryu20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Call me stupid, but whats this OP everyone keeps using x.x lol
  • samanthyasamanthya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    OP = Original Poster or the thread creator.

On a side note, I think the pack is perfect! I love the joke!

They didn't have to give us anything. It's in beta regardless of the fact I've spent well over 1k on the game(as have others), it's a beta. I loved being in closed beta and I love being in open beta.

The game is fun, engaging and personally I'm having a blast with my friends. The economy means 0 to me since we farm what we need, I have plenty of keys to unlock lockboxes and all the pets I want already. Will I buy a cat? Who knows, maybe, maybe not. I haven't even bothered buying a stone yet. Personally I love having a companion and don't like the thought of having a flying stone or cat tagging along just to buff my character.

To each their own, the game is fun to me so I play. If it stops being fun I'll move on. It's not a difficult concept, if you aren't happy, there's about 281308512798179 other MMO's out there.

As for me, I'm gonna go level my Honey Badger more!
  • grayimpactgrayimpact Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I liked the caturday pack a lot, It made me laugh.. They could've just gotten away with giving us nothing at all you know.
  • genryu20genryu20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    samanthya wrote: »
    OP = Original Poster or the thread creator.

On a side note, I think the pack is perfect! I love the joke!

They didn't have to give us anything. It's in beta regardless of the fact I've spent well over 1k on the game(as have others), it's a beta. I loved being in closed beta and I love being in open beta.

The game is fun, engaging and personally I'm having a blast with my friends. The economy means 0 to me since we farm what we need, I have plenty of keys to unlock lockboxes and all the pets I want already. Will I buy a cat? Who knows, maybe, maybe not. I haven't even bothered buying a stone yet. Personally I love having a companion and don't like the thought of having a flying stone or cat tagging along just to buff my character.

To each their own, the game is fun to me so I play. If it stops being fun I'll move on. It's not a difficult concept, if you aren't happy, there's about 281308512798179 other MMO's out there.

As for me, I'm gonna go level my Honey Badger more!

ahh thank you~ lol
  • jessidiusjessidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    mentalise1 wrote: »
    I take it you've never played a free MMO before then.

Not one that I really enjoyed and that had 100% free content, as per my statement.
  • s3pts3pt Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Op is correct about dev communication, there isn't any.

Posting updates about downtime etc is not dev interaction, it simply meets the bare minimum requirements. Take a look at the last couple of mmo releases, dev teams are bending over backwards communicating with their players, while this game is taking huge steps backwards in that department.

I don't personally care about the stupid caturday pack, but the announcement of it is insulting to players intelligence. Downplaying the problems and even flat out lying isn't doing them any favors.
  • watchyourbackwatchyourback Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    genryu20 wrote: »
    And exactly how long do you find is a good amount of time for testing?
    time is irrelevant when your making a quality game. time only matters if you only care about money and not a good product for the consumers
  • fadedlogicfadedlogic Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    time is irrelevant when your making a quality game. time only matters if you only care about money and not a good product for the consumers

couldnt agree more with you
  • dignamdignam Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They had a huge opportunity to try to make a real gesture to the community with this, and they goofed again. Their insane real money pricing + this are showing they dont care for the community at all.
    edited May 2013
    Lol you people just want an opportunity to talk. If you really didnt like the game and your tired of it, you could always leave. Yet every one is still here.
    edited May 2013
    Lol you people just want an opportunity to talk. If you really didnt like the game and your tired of it, you could always leave. Yet every one is still here.

way to add your 2 cents. ever heard the expression "a closed mouth never gets fed"?
  • evilsprinklesevilsprinkles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It wasn't supposed to fix problems, it was a token gesture to say thank you for our understanding. I like the pack, the XP bonus scrolls and healing stone has been really helpful for me.
    It was probably me.
    edited May 2013
    way to add your 2 cents. ever heard the expression "a closed mouth never gets fed"?

Haha well your welcome. Always gotta expect not everyone is on your side. But you'll still play the game just like everyone else.
    edited May 2013
    Haha well your welcome. Always gotta expect not everyone is on your side. But you'll still play the game just like everyone else.

havent logged on in about 5 days now. everytime i return here hoping to see some light from the creative team but new crushing bugs/expliots/(soon to be hacks) watering down any attempt for redemption. still have hope but its very little atm
  • noshiznoshiz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    I am 60 and i actually liked the pack, the cat cloak was nice, plus as someone said it's not something that will fix things, it's something to say sorry for the inconvenience.
    fs_49316d8a5de21281b0f4fc8f0089006b.png
    edited May 2013
    havent logged on in about 5 days now. everytime i return here hoping to see some light from the creative team but new crushing bugs/expliots/(soon to be hacks) watering down any attempt for redemption. still have hope but its very little atm

And to spread discord through the forums? A good community needs support not bashing and trolling everyone including the developers. Cause I forget how effective is it to trash developers into getting what you want? That goes for everyone lol
    edited May 2013

this isnt trolling??? wtf i feel stupid

move along hypocrite
  • hammerhardwarehammerhardware Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    7 hours of grinding t2 dungeons pvp etc the caturday pack makes up for everything people lost in those 7 hours, i will never be reporting exploits ever again if this is how they repay us such a shame i actually enjoy playing this game.
    edited May 2013
    this isnt trolling??? wtf i feel stupid

move along hypocrite

im a hypocrite? Ummm how exactly? Im not here bashing the developers or game. Im enjoying the game and i've said that many times on forum. Also for you other people who complain over a 7 hour roll back. Its not a big deal. ITs 7 hours. During that time i was asleep and wasnt playing so it doesnt concern me. Or the others who were sleeping, or at work, or whatever else, but if I had been playing I wouldnt mind so much since its for a good cause to fix a problem. You were given exp potions to make up for lost levels. And yeah you can always just do the stuff over again. At least it wasnt a FULL GAME WIPE. Dam then you people really would have a hisssy lol.
  • ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @OP: Oh hi there, let's whine about free stuff and throw some sense of entitlement around. That'll certainly get you far among the more reasonable members of the community, keep it up! (/sarcasm) Also, DOOOOM. Also also, can i have your stuff? Mail it to my @handle, please :)
    fadedlogic wrote: »
    oh yeah in 6 months where the hell are these new players coming from? just wondering. What the hell makes you think a released product is gonna have this weird surplus of new gamers? plus just look at this community now. 80% of the people in these forums are just tearing this game apart. You think any of these people are gonna recommend this game to anybody? I mean like I said, even on twitch the amount of live stream viewers has been cut to an 8th of what it was since the cat exploit. Cuz nobody is interested in this broken game anymore. [snip]

Guess what, most of the long-term community members and people who actually like the game are currently actively avoiding the forums, waiting for yall whiners to leave. LOL.
    oreoz2573 wrote: »
    I won't say this is a bad game.

But what I WILL say (and I think I speak for most people) is that it's gettin dropped pretty **** quick when the heavy hitters come out later this year and into next year. Games like Wildstar, ESO or the recently funded Camelot Unchained (super happy for those guys. Not my scene but I respect the crowd).

For example I'm waitin on ESO.
    I think even when something as simple as a release date is announced I'll drop this game. lol

Wildstar, IIRC, is very similar to NWN except it doesn't have the DnD setting. I don't really see it as a competitor. ESO will likely be a sub-based game, and even if it's not, Bethesda is known neither for fair pricing nor for stable, bug-free products. Still, by all means enjoy your time in ESO.
    s3pt wrote: »
    Op is correct about dev communication, there isn't any.
    They answer questions regularly on Twitter and FB, and they stayed up around the clock fixing and communicating about the AD/HD problem. Or what do you want, a personal phone hotline with the devs? Get real.
    edited May 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    @OP: Oh hi there, let's whine about free stuff and throw some sense of entitlement around. That'll certainly get you far among the more reasonable members of the community, keep it up! (/sarcasm) Also, DOOOOM. Also also, can i have your stuff? Mail it to my @handle, please :)

Guess what, most of the long-term community members and people who actually like the game are currently actively avoiding the forums, waiting for yall whiners to leave. LOL.

Wildstar, IIRC, is very similar to NWN except it doesn't have the DnD setting. I don't really see it as a competitor. ESO will likely be a sub-based game, and even if it's not, Bethesda is known neither for fair pricing nor for stable, bug-free products. Still, by all means enjoy your time in ESO.

They answer questions regularly on Twitter and FB, and they stayed up around the clock fixing and communicating about the AD/HD problem. Or what do you want, a personal phone hotline with the devs? Get real.

Amen~ Preach the good word! haha
  • hidusxhidusx Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To the OP's point that a quick scan of forums is evidence that gamers are unhappy with the state of the game you need to realize that for every poster complaining on here there are hundreds of happy gamers playing away not saying anything. Forums are a magnet for whiners. You can't draw any conclusions by counting whine threads on forums.

Caturday pack is fine. It shows they have a sense of humor and I like it even if it's more or less useless (health stone is great though!).

The sky is not falling, the game is fine, move along nothing to see here.
  • rubberduckie3rubberduckie3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    Wildstar, IIRC, is very similar to NWN except it doesn't have the DnD setting. I don't really see it as a competitor.

:p ur funny , if you don't think there competition.

and there not even closes to the same........you Cray Cray
  • pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fadedlogic wrote: »
    okay and I'm here tellin you that i almost never use potions. EVER. i pretty much never get hit in pve. or have a cleric healing me in an instance in the rare circumstance that I do. and i can't use them in pvp. plus this game was ENTIRELY playable and easy pre them giving us the health stones. SO what the hell do those stones do for me? Make it even easier? Now i can be reckless and try to kill myself i guess
    Not everyone is so lucky as to avoid being hit in combat.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • antedeluvian75antedeluvian75 Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    So this "caturday pack" is the "robust" gift that will compensate for the 6 celestial coins lost?

Funny.
  • jazzyjayjazzyjay Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    . And since when Twitch TV is a sign of a game's sucess? Just hype.

Actually as a Reviewer and a Streamer and Developer my self i can tell you , Because the new in thing is streaming Games popularity is determined on how ppl view it and seeing how twitch is all about interaction of that kind it determines the success of the game bottom line is Devs/cryptic/pw didn't owe us anything but they gave us something which is great thank you very much , my problem with the game is they have issues that are not being addressed its meant to be a beta to find these issues and address them , As a professional Beta tester (yes i actually get paid on some jobs to beta test) I can tell you now the devs will be looking to add things for launch ie: Fix holes in the maps get the community opinions ect blah blah blah , they will fix major issues as and when they can , and getting serious issues done asap ie: Cat issue exploits out of the game , Stability and game content will be addressed after the games launched , and for those of you thinking that the Devs don't read the forums Think again Forum mods/Admins pass all relevant information on to the devs in a email , which then gets read and screened for potential information that may help them dissolve major issues .

Steppenkat only the twitch thing was aimed at you the rest was to all the others moaning about the Game.

Simple solution you don't like what its becoming play another game .
    What Was Lost Is Now Found Tomorrow Brings The Future;):):D:p:o:rolleyes::eek:
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am going to agree. Ugg.
    - 1 cloak that replaces an actual item with actual benefits to the wearer with ... nothing. Cosmetics should go on the cosmetic outfit tab, not in gear slots. Therefore simply logic says that the cloak needs to either be allowed in the cosmetic tab or they should have made an outfit shirt/pants/hat/ instead. I will say that I LIKE the cloak, but cant afford to drop 400+ stats to wear it.

- 1 ugly facemask that I will not comment on past the ugly, as it goes downhill from there.

- 2 scrolls of xp, just in case you are mmochallegned and cannot gain 10+ levels per day with the glut of xp this game provides, and were somehow not yet level 60. It makes a tiny bit of sense to help ease the pain for those who lost a day of questing to gloss over the repeated content & move on. OK, but this is like the best item in the pack, and that is not saying much.

- return to town scrolls? These are awesome? For the low low price of 1 bag slot (about a $0.50 value) you can save 20 seconds of travel time! The zones are fairly small and once mounted, really, you can cross any of them in just a few seconds to reach a door that ports to town.

What was missing was a token for 7 celestial coins to make up for losing those in the downtime, and say a cosmetic item that goes in, you know, a cosmetic slot, and isnt, you know, that ugly mask which does not count :P